ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338036)

-King- 04-26-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15645037)
He's 32 and is always injured.

We just got rid of a WR just like that. No thanks.

Tbf before last year he played 15, 16, 14, 16, 16, 15 games in the 6 years before that.

Dante84 04-26-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15645082)
I actually agree with him.

I'd rather have a guy that can suit up than one that can't, regardless of talent level.

While it's worth noting that he was out a significant time last season, I don't know that holds true historically:
Quote:

A hamstring injury limited Jones to just nine games last season, though he still put up strong numbers when he was on the field. He caught 51 passes for 771 yards and three scores as the Falcons finished the year 4-12. From 2014-19, Jones missed only four games and averaged 104 catches and 1,564 yards per season. SI Link.
Definitely need to rely on Rick and his team of doctors to determine if the juice is worth the squeeze here.

-King- 04-26-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15645084)
Hell no i wouldn't trade them Hardman either.

And why in the world would anyone give up on him? What is there to even give up on? A good player that's lightning fast, an absolute weapon as your 4th-5th option?

Hardman can be aloof at times and hasn't quite gotten the chemistry with Pat down yet, but the skills are all there.

If all you consider as skills is speed. Then yeah. But as of now, he's a good gadget player, poor receiver. Hence us looking for a #2 WR right now.

O.city 04-26-2021 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15645086)
Tbf before last year he played 15, 16, 14, 16, 16, 15 games in the 6 years before that.

Yes, and clearly, guys get more healthy as they get older.

-King- 04-26-2021 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15645096)
Yes, and clearly, guys get more healthy as they get older.

Never said that. But as of now, last year seems like the outlier

wazu 04-26-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15645082)
I actually agree with him.

I'd rather have a guy that can suit up than one that can't, regardless of talent level.

Julio Jones had more yards than Hardman last year even though he only played in 9 games. Before that he had 1400 or more yards for like 6 straight years. (Something Hardman will never do, even if they expand to 20 game seasons and he never gets hurt.)

ToxSocks 04-26-2021 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15645091)
If all you consider as skills is speed. Then yeah. But as of now, he's a good gadget player, poor receiver. Hence us looking for a #2 WR right now.

He's shown to have some of the most reliable hands on the team and has had made big plays in big situations.

He's a slight framed slot receiver. They want a bigger, stouter WR on the outside. What they want on the outside has nothing to do with Hardman. They've ALWAYS had a "type" that they want on the outside and Hardman doesn't fit that description.

I don't know where you're getting this poor receiver shit from.

And don't bother with this "he's a poor route runner" bullshit because that's a made up argument if i ever heard one.

No one on this forum is watching all-22 film of all of Hardman's routes, and even if they did, i'd still question if they knew what they were even looking at.

New World Order 04-26-2021 09:20 AM

Julio is still elite. Yes please.

Rainbarrel 04-26-2021 09:21 AM

Rather grow/pay my own drama.

In58men 04-26-2021 09:21 AM

Did we trade for this piece of shit yet?!?!?

Get it done Bert Verch!!

-King- 04-26-2021 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15645104)
He's shown to have some of the most reliable hands on the team and has had made big plays in big situations.

He's a slight framed slot receiver. They want a bigger, stouter WR on the outside. What they want on the outside has nothing to do with Hardman. They've ALWAYS had a "type" that they want on the outside and Hardman doesn't fit that description.

I don't know where you're getting this poor receiver shit from.

And don't bother with this "he's a poor route runner" bullshit because that's a made up argument if i ever heard one.

No one on this forum is watching all-22 film of all of Hardman's routes, and even if they did, i'd still question if they knew what they were even looking at.

Most reliable hands? Wut?

If he was a good WR, Reid would find a way to make him work and get him on the field. Instead if we get a #2 WR that can play 16 games, Hardmans touches will come few and dad between. He'll be even more of a end around/jet sweep guy than he was last year.

ToxSocks 04-26-2021 09:22 AM

What we can ACTUALLY see from Hardman based on his 2 seasons. Not made up shit like, "oh i think he's a poor route runner".

Hardman:

Pros:

Blazing fast (stretches the defense, forces them to play honest)
Good/great hands
Home-run hitter after the catch
Plays big in big moments
Versatile slot player who's an asset in WR screens (which the Chiefs rarely run), end-rounds etc.
He can be used as a gadget player, but is not limited to being one.

Cons:
Seems to have trouble knowing where to be in a zone
Doesn't have the best chemistry with Pat
His size may be a factor in his ability to get off the press, thus limiting his role on the outside.

ToxSocks 04-26-2021 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15645115)
Most reliable hands? Wut?

If he was a good WR, Reid would find a way to make him work and get him on the field. Instead if we get a #2 WR that can play 16 games, Hardmans touches will come few and dad between. He'll be even more of a end around/jet sweep guy than he was last year.

Yes. Some of the most reliable hands.

Obviously not on par with Kelce. Tyreek has his share of missed opportunities but will give him the nod based on sheer volume.

But are you going to try to argue that Pringle and Robinson have better hands? LMAO

And Reid DOES find a way to make him work and get him on the field.

Hardman fills a specific role on this team. And he's damn good at it. Getting a Julio Jones etc won't change anything about his role or production.

The Franchise 04-26-2021 09:26 AM

Where are fitting his $15 million dollar cap hit?

Chris Meck 04-26-2021 09:28 AM

Julio is a great WR on the back end of his career.

I'd rather not give away draft capital to get him. If he was a FA I'd be interested.

We really should be trying to get younger and more talented at WR, so that those guys are ready to shoulder the load as Hill and Kelce inevitably decline in the future.

Although I expect Hill to be productive well into his mid-thirties, he will likely slow down some.

Kelce probably has 3 more seasons at peak performance before he slows down.

Jones would help in 2022, but I'd like to solve the positional issue for the next few years rather than just for now.