ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Shazam! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=316374)

stumppy 03-24-2019 11:26 AM

Released yesterday and not showing anywhere in Springfield.

Baby Lee 03-24-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14177002)
Lol why? That's dumb.

Are you asserting that there is no creative on earth whose personal activities and opinions affect your interest in his or her work, or are you admitting you are dumb too?

loochy 03-24-2019 12:27 PM

I opened this thread and I thought it was about the movie with Shaq as a genie.

Tribal Warfare 03-24-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 14177181)
I opened this thread and I thought it was about the movie with Shaq as a genie.

That's the Aladdin thread

keg in kc 03-24-2019 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 14177117)
Released yesterday and not showing anywhere in Springfield.

Yesterday was a preview through fandango. It's not out of another two weeks.

ThaVirus 03-24-2019 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14177172)
Are you asserting that there is no creative on earth whose personal activities and opinions affect your interest in his or her work, or are you admitting you are dumb too?

I'm saying it's dumb to "want to hate" someone because they have a differing political opinion.

Baby Lee 03-25-2019 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14177394)
I'm saying it's dumb to "want to hate" someone because they have a differing political opinion.

reiteration is no reply.

Frazod 03-25-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14176820)
I hate DC.

I hate Superman.

Shocker, yes Rausch got in early.

****, this is hard to rate. It's goofy in a family way but, eh, I think the comedy swings missed mostly. Yes, as a Marvel fan I was surprised how well they tried to make a Marvel flick happen. It was (mostly) funny. I hated the nostalgia reaches (and they clearly did reach) but it was still ok.

I really wanted to hate the lead after his [political] posts and sjw BS but he was solid. I don't really like HOW they updated SHAZAM but I do like who they updated it with. The actor might be a dick but he was solid in the role.

If that makes sense...

Overall: B-

Are you sure you're not mixing up your Captain Marvels? Granted, I avoid twitter like the plague, but I haven't seen or heard anything about Levy shooting his mouth off about anything.

stumppy 03-25-2019 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14177319)
Yesterday was a preview through fandango. It's not out of another two weeks.

Oh, I see.

Baby Lee 03-25-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14178385)
Are you sure you're not mixing up your Captain Marvels? Granted, I avoid twitter like the plague, but I haven't seen or heard anything about Levy shooting his mouth off about anything.

I haven't seen much [or really looked for, for that matter] from Levi, but he might be thinking/stewing about Levi rebuking people who were promoting Shazam OVER Cpt.Marvel BECAUSE Shazam is old-fashioned fun instead of SJW bellyaching.

Not saying that's definitely what Rausch is irked over, or [whether it is or isn't] such a relatively mild rebuke rises to the level of SJWBS. Just trying to possibly clear up your query.

Frazod 03-25-2019 09:03 AM

Well, I like Chuck. If he's another raging leftist loon, I'd just as soon not know about it.

ThaVirus 03-25-2019 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14178205)
reiteration is no reply.

Hot damn, are we really doing this?

It’s ****ing dumb to want to hate someone because they think differently than you do- particularly when the differing opinions aren’t hateful or intentionally hurtful.

This debate is also really ****ing dumb.

Setsuna 03-25-2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14179524)
Hot damn, are we really doing this?

It’s ****ing dumb to want to hate someone because they think differently than you do- particularly when the differing opinions aren’t hateful or intentionally hurtful.

This debate is also really ****ing dumb.

It's not a debate. You refused to answer his question. He won and you lost. ROFLROFLROFL

ThaVirus 03-25-2019 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 14179651)
It's not a debate. You refused to answer his question. He won and you lost. ROFLROFLROFL

.... But for real, though. You’re a dumbshit.

GloucesterChief 04-06-2019 05:31 PM

It was pretty funny and kind of parodied some of the superhero tropes but not in a mean spirited way.