ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyreek gets paid (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324899)

Why Not? 09-06-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14427083)
Brooke is gone and Hill gets paid. It’s a good day.

Very this.

TribalElder 09-06-2019 10:04 AM

wow, only 3 years

Still awesome but I guess they will evaluate who they want to keep between hill and hardman in 3 years

SAUTO 09-06-2019 10:04 AM

Veach dun good

DJ's left nut 09-06-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14427070)
Wow.

Nice use of money. Cheaper than I thought.

$19 million was cheaper than you expected? By how much?

The 3 'new' years on Michael Thomas's deal total right at $59 milllion, though they could pretty easily cut him after 2, I suspect they won't.

Hill was never gonna be the guy to break the $20 million barrier for WRs, not with what's gone on. I would say that I'm honestly a little disappointed by the deal. If they're gonna give him that kind of AAV, I would've like the term that the Saints got on Thomas so they can at least have him locked in a bit longer.

Dunno - we'll see how the structure works out. A lot is gained/lost in how the money is actually paid out.

Mecca 09-06-2019 10:05 AM

It's cool the nfl reddit is doing their best Brooke right now, apparently Tyreek Hill is worse than AB and the Chiefs tried to sneak this in because of all that drama.

notorious 09-06-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14427086)
35 is guaranteed.

That’s it?

Holy shit.

BossChief 09-06-2019 10:05 AM

Home town discount, too!!!

Sweet

Mecca 09-06-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14427093)

The 3 'new' years on Michael Thomas's deal total right at $59 milllion, though they could pretty easily cut him after 2, I suspect they won't.

Hill was never gonna be the guy to break the $20 million barrier for WRs, not with what's gone on. I would say that I'm honestly a little disappointed by the deal. If they're gonna give him that kind of AAV, I would've like the term that the Saints got on Thomas so they can at least have him locked in a bit longer.

Dunno - we'll see how the structure works out. A lot is gained/lost in how the money is actually paid out.

This may sound bad, but Thomas is more likely to be productive longer, the minute Hill starts to lose speed his effectiveness is going to go with it.

ToxSocks 09-06-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Excuse me waitress, but i did not request piss in my Cheerios.

notorious 09-06-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

4 years 54+ what he makes this season is lower than I expected.

Guaranteed money was reasonable.

RunKC 09-06-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14427072)
Unlikely.

Usually when they refer to extensions they count years after the present deal.

In either event, I'd have preferred a bit more term, but I think this may be the norm with the new CBA coming. Players are going to be reluctant to tie much of their prime years up and Hill will get another shot at the FA market while he's still young enough to get paid.

I was hoping for 5, but 3 will work. And it frees up the Tag to potentially use on Jones in a 1-year or tag/trade scenario.

Good news for sure.

I hope this is correct. Tyreek just turned 25 in March. I’m hoping for the next 4 seasons of control.

That would mean Tyreek would be turning 29 when he gets his next contract.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-06-2019 10:07 AM

Love it! Perfect amount of years too.

Halfcan 09-06-2019 10:07 AM

Great contract for both parties. Reek deserves it and I am glad he will be here during our Superbowl years.

Jones is next!

ToxSocks 09-06-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14427095)
and the Chiefs tried to sneak this in because of all that drama.

I mean, it's not a bad strategy. The timing is excellent, intentional or not.

TambaBerry 09-06-2019 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14427101)
This may sound bad, but Thomas is more likely to be productive longer, the minute Hill starts to lose speed his effectiveness is going to go with it.

its bad because its a bad take, were you saying that about steve smith?