ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About The AFC Championship: KC 38 - BUF 24 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336608)

eDave 01-25-2021 12:02 AM

When they went down 9-0, my Butterfly's went away.

Bearcat 01-25-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15508727)
I think the moment was pretty big for him. The times I watched him this year he wasn't staring down dudes like he was tonight. I think he had the Yips.

Yeah, can't say I've been laser focused on the guy whenever I've watched him, but at the same time it really, really stuck out after the Chiefs started scoring and the pressure mounted.

And it's one thing for fans to buy the hype, but the media doing the same is just so.... fake. Throw 800 yards against the Broncos in week 14.

Do it against Patrick ****ing Mahomes in your franchises' first AFCCG in 20 years, then I'll be impressed.

He probably learned how much different those two things are....

Buehler445 01-25-2021 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15508744)
Yeah, can't say I've been laser focused on the guy whenever I've watched him, but at the same time it really, really stuck out after the Chiefs started scoring and the pressure mounted.

And it's one thing for fans to buy the hype, but the media doing the same is just so.... fake. Throw 800 yards against the Broncos in week 14.

Do it against Patrick ****ing Mahomes in your franchises' first AFCCG in 20 years, then I'll be impressed.

He probably learned how much different those two things are....

Y'all need to turn off sports media. I have like 3 podcasts I listen to, and optimally I turn on the game right at kickoff and do something during halftime so I don't have to see the national ****leheads, and that's it. IT. I passively listened to some shit pre-Mahomes, but it didn't really matter because they never talked Chiefs. Then Mahomes rapes faces and they're talking about the Chiefs. It was then I realized precisely how full of shit most of them are.

I'd venture a guess that most of the "personalities" watch very very little football. They just sit up there and puke out cliche's aimed at the lowest common denominator and base their opinion on what will get clicks or views, or in some cases, just to have a different talking point than the mother****er in the other chair. It's just a giant ass waste of time.

And it hammered the point home that, especially jackass shows like First Take or whatever the God **** Bayless is on these days, douchebags like Colin Cowherd say shit like, "I'm more interested in being entertaining than I am being right," that every time I click a video or tune into a program, they get ratings, ratings get them paid. So every time I waste time listening to and get pissed off by these ****leheads, I'm getting them money.

Then I felt really dirty and tuned them all out. In fact, I'll go out of my way not to consume them.

alanm 01-25-2021 12:33 AM

"7. Hardman made a gigantic bonehead play, muffing a punt inside the ten yard line which gave the Bills their first TD immediately after."

Why are they even trying to field a punt inside the 10? I know most punters have mastered some english on their punts and they hit and bounce backwards or sideways out of bounds. Most punts still hit the ground and roll into the EZ. What ever happened to the golden rule of backing up to the 10 and if it's over your head you let it go. Period. Now it seems like everyone is trying to fair catch inside the 10 or fielding it and then trying to return it. I don't get it. :hmmm::shrug: :shake: :banghead:

Bl00dyBizkitz 01-25-2021 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15508754)
Y'all need to turn off sports media. I have like 3 podcasts I listen to, and optimally I turn on the game right at kickoff and do something during halftime so I don't have to see the national ****leheads, and that's it. IT. I passively listened to some shit pre-Mahomes, but it didn't really matter because they never talked Chiefs. Then Mahomes rapes faces and they're talking about the Chiefs. It was then I realized precisely how full of shit most of them are.

I'd venture a guess that most of the "personalities" watch very very little football. They just sit up there and puke out cliche's aimed at the lowest common denominator and base their opinion on what will get clicks or views, or in some cases, just to have a different talking point than the mother****er in the other chair. It's just a giant ass waste of time.

And it hammered the point home that, especially jackass shows like First Take or whatever the God **** Bayless is on these days, douchebags like Colin Cowherd say shit like, "I'm more interested in being entertaining than I am being right," that every time I click a video or tune into a program, they get ratings, ratings get them paid. So every time I waste time listening to and get pissed off by these ****leheads, I'm getting them money.

Then I felt really dirty and tuned them all out. In fact, I'll go out of my way not to consume them.

Idk if this is the best place for it, but this YouTube channel I found this year is an amazing replacement compared to any of the talking heads you usually see on TV.

https://www.youtube.com/c/StrongOpinionSports/videos

Bearcat 01-25-2021 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15508754)

Yeah, I stopped watching ESPN stuff years and years ago, back when it was Kornheiser and Wilbon. I watched Cowherd all of twice because videos get posted here, and that was enough. I subscribe to Kollman and catch other random youtube analysis, but that's about it.

The only sports media I watch these days is either random pregames on the mornings of game day, just to have something on... or like right now, when I'm up past my bed time after a game and want to hear people drool over the Chiefs. :D

So when Bills fans are pumping up Allen and talking about red zone stats, etc... I can safely assume they're watching Skip Bayless and similar idiots to get their information. And then I catch a few minutes of say the Fox picks right before a game starts and it's "ermergerd Josh Allen is at a different level!!!".

Those 2 minutes is enough.

alanm 01-25-2021 01:03 AM

Oh and nice write up as always George and Thank You. Hope the better half has been feeling better. I'm getting closer to having my back finally worked on. The OR's in the hospitals are starting to get back to normal because of all the covid related problems so I'm happy I guess about that. One more game to go. I can't believe we're going to SB's back to back!! That usually happens to teams called the Patriots or Steelers or Cowboys not the Chiefs. I hope no one is taking this for granted because it may never happen again. You can't assume any of this will roll on past Feb 7th. As good as Reid and Mahomes are there's no guarantee they will be back anytime soon so run with it. GO CHIEFS!!! :thumb:

ChiefsFanatic 01-25-2021 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 15508599)
is there any chance jones could get suspended for throwing a punch? that is my only worry currently :thumb:

I know it looked like a punch, but after watching it back a couple of times, I think he was trying to knock the Bucs player's hand off his jersey. He swung at the hand and as he turned it looked like he was trying to hit him with a punch.

He may get fined, but that should be it. If he were to be suspended (very unlikely) he would probably have to sit out game 1 next season.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Megatron96 01-25-2021 01:36 AM

Great write-up, G.

Hope your girlfriend feels better very soon.

WE'RE GOING TO THE MOTHA EFFING SUPERBOWL, BUDDY!!!!!!!!!

Clyde Frog 01-25-2021 01:39 AM

GB, I said it to you last year at this same time and I'll say it again. I appreciate TF out of you, sir. I can't wait until the next time you sit in your seats at Arrowhead as a reigning, defending Super Bowl champion x2 this time. #AndStill

UK_Chief 01-25-2021 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanm (Post 15508784)
"7. Hardman made a gigantic bonehead play, muffing a punt inside the ten yard line which gave the Bills their first TD immediately after."

Why are they even trying to field a punt inside the 10? I know most punters have mastered some english on their punts and they hit and bounce backwards or sideways out of bounds. Most punts still hit the ground and roll into the EZ. What ever happened to the golden rule of backing up to the 10 and if it's over your head you let it go. Period. Now it seems like everyone is trying to fair catch inside the 10 or fielding it and then trying to return it. I don't get it. :hmmm::shrug: :shake: :banghead:

This. Seems like quite a few times guys back there have got too cute and risked fielding and returning with no need to. Unless your name is Tyreek Hill or Dante Hall then cut that shit out

UK_Chief 01-25-2021 02:15 AM

The two plays that came right next to each other where Pat evaded the sack were godly. One on third and long I think? We barely even notice that stuff now it’s just Mahomes magic. Crazy time to be a chiefs fan

suzzer99 01-25-2021 02:17 AM

King Carl - what a douche. Why would you send a letter like that to fans?

MMXcalibur 01-25-2021 02:31 AM

Great job as always, George.

I never felt threatened by Buffalo, even down 9-0 as it was a lead that was essentially given to them because the Chiefs beat themselves.

Can't believe the Chiefs are headed back to the Super Bowl again. Never would have guessed we'd be here after the playoff heartbreak of the past 25+ years.

big nasty kcnut 01-25-2021 03:03 AM

Great read george. Also this is the good universe where the chiefs are the dominant team.