ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329772)

Marco Polo 03-31-2020 02:07 PM

The Pats need some receiving help and are able to get a very productive WR with one of the largest market shares in CFB the last few years in the rough Big Ten.

The New England Patriots select Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota.

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14878678)
So you guys might give me some guff on taking Bredeson right now, but here's my thinking. He's a four-year left guard, a team captain, voted the toughest player on Michigan's team in 2018, a second team All-American, an academic all Big Ten, and most importantly, he gave up 0 sacks and 0 quarterback hits on 451 snaps in 2019. He's being hired to protect The Franchise and ensure that Patrick Mahomes II has a safe and secure workplace in 2020 and beyond.

https://mgoblue.com/sports/football/...bredeson/18997

I think improved guard play will help us out at center too.

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:19 PM

With the 99th pick, the Giants go defense again.

Darrell Taylor, Edge, Tennessee Volunteers

Sfeihc 03-31-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14878652)
The modern era of Chiefs playoff success began with a person who was the 96th pick in the draft, and he now enters the arena, wearing the #34 jersey that he made temporarily famous.

Up on the screen, the giant television shows the kickoff of the Chiefs 30-0 victory over the Texans in the 2015 playoffs, and a slightly younger Knile Davis streaks downfield in the first reveal of the Chiefs' upcoming postseason dominance.

Knile looks up and smiles. "I'll tell my grandkids about that," he says to the crowd, "and I'll also tell them about how I drafted a future Hall of Famer today. With the 96th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Ben Bredeson, G, Michigan."

Davis then gathers up the card, looks at the aisle, and sprints straight forward out of the arena.

https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/p...mvxmvulas4.jpg

Great pick! Another U of M guy. He is about as safe a prospect as there is in this draft.

Marco Polo 03-31-2020 02:25 PM

While a project that needs to improve strength and blocking skills, this prospect is intriguing in an offense that maximizes TE talent:

The New England Patriots select Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 14878820)
While a project that needs to improve strength and blocking skills, this prospect is intriguing in an offense that maximizes TE talent:

The New England Patriots select Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri.

I didn't get a PM from you on the last pick I just happened to be on, just checking you PM'd Kurt?

Marco Polo 03-31-2020 02:28 PM

Sorry, I typically do that. Yes, I PM'd Kurt.

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14878724)
There has been a massive run on dudes named Davis in the past 15 picks, and Cleveland doesn't want to be left picking over the scraps in the 6th and 7th rounds because they missed out earlier in the draft.

The Cleveland Browns select Ashtyn Davis, S, Cal

Do they need to double up on safety? Actually, yes, they probably do.

He could be a real find

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14878832)
He could be a real find

Agree, he definitely fell more than I expected.

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14878855)
Agree, he definitely fell more than I expected.

I like a lot of the safeties in this draft.

Chargem 03-31-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14878863)
I like a lot of the safeties in this draft.

I wonder if it's just the "Chiefs effect" on this draft though, we all like who the Chiefs have at safety so no one knows anything about the safety draft so all these guys fall, no safeties taken in the first round ROFL

Hoover 03-31-2020 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14878875)
I wonder if it's just the "Chiefs effect" on this draft though, we all like who the Chiefs have at safety so no one knows anything about the safety draft so all these guys fall, no safeties taken in the first round ROFL

I think its a pretty deep class, but I agree that its only worth the pick starting in the late 1st round. Might be silly, but I wouldn't bitch if the Chiefs added a safety in the later rounds of the draft. A lot of these guys have range and can be used in many ways.

KurtCobain 03-31-2020 03:52 PM

I played sold out shows in Seattle and this next selection has already played sold out games in Seattle and will continue to do so!

Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

Chief Northman 03-31-2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurtCobain (Post 14879059)
I played sold out shows in Seattle and this next selection has already played sold out games in Seattle and will continue to do so!

Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington

Good value here. Some are projecting him as TE #1 in this draft....

KurtCobain 03-31-2020 04:18 PM

I thought he would be gone by that pick and was planning on taking Albert O, because Missouri, but it ended up being the other way around and I'm pretty happy with it.