ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352871)

ghak99 06-21-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17559113)
Fescoe said on his show that was all Mayor Q. Frank White is getting dragged pretty hard these days but Lucas may have ****ed up even worse.

If that's true, it would explain his quiet transition to the "we're all in this together" bullshit as there's no way he'd want that kind of blemish on his image if both teams left KC.

Pablo 06-21-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghak99 (Post 17559193)
If that's true, it would explain his quiet transition to the "we're all in this together" bullshit as there's no way he'd want that kind of blemish on his image if both teams left KC.

Dude is such a useless pussy

Kiimo 06-21-2024 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17559108)
Yup. Petco is a great set up, but not many downtowns are like San Diago. I mean you have all that convention center parking, Gaslamp district, train service, ah and the weather is always ****ing perfect.

How that city doesn't have an NFL team is frustrating as hell. I love a good weekend in Vegas, but traveling to SD is always money in my opinion.

Dean Spanos put it to a vote hey build me a stadium in the middle of downtown where I plan to pay not one dime and **** traffic up even more than it already is for like 7 years!

And the people of San Diego said uh, hey you cash-starved wannabe billionaire go **** yourself.

So he packed up and left. And it's really sad because Dean couldn't even afford to build a stadium so now he has a LANDLORD who is a direct competitor for eyeballs in the same city and nobody gives a shit about them at all.

And the saddest thing is...it worked. The team is worth more than ever before and they actually have a good team and the San Diego fans are shit out of luck with nothing but their own righteous indignation to cheer for. They were right to tell him to shove it, he wanted to totally screw up downtown.

He also knew they would vote it down. He honestly should be dragged into the street and tarred and feathered then sent out on a barge into the Pacific Ocean.

dirk digler 06-21-2024 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17559033)
Was it ever disclosed or speculated why they moved off of the East Village location?

Seemed like the no brainer site from the beginning

Quote:

Kansas City’s former mayor, Sly James, is being paid by the Chiefs and the Royals to try and help get Jackson County Question 1 passed April 2.

In our interview with James Wednesday, he said one of the reasons the East Village wasn’t picked for the Royals new stadium site was the cost of rebuilding the highway interchange downtown would have been too expensive for the state.

“Number two, the fact that it was brought up that by doing that and building an entertainment district around it, you’re actually competing with Power and Light, and that doesn’t help,” James said that day.

KCUnited 06-21-2024 11:28 AM

Ah yeah I remember reading some grumblings about highway logistics being a challenge for the EV

The P&L bit seems odd as the EV seems more like a continuation of an existing entertainment district if built out but I guess different owners so maybe there was some pushback on developing additional entertainment

Pablo 06-21-2024 11:39 AM

Maybe just maybe you don’t need an entertainment district John. Just be happy with a shiny new stadium cocksmith

suzzer99 06-21-2024 11:45 AM

How about a stadium half in KS and half in MO? That would be pretty damn unique. Have State Line go right down the center of the field from home plate to second base to the outfield.

dirk digler 06-21-2024 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17559255)
Ah yeah I remember reading some grumblings about highway logistics being a challenge for the EV

The P&L bit seems odd as the EV seems more like a continuation of an existing entertainment district if built out but I guess different owners so maybe there was some pushback on developing additional entertainment

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17559270)
Maybe just maybe you don’t need an entertainment district John. Just be happy with a shiny new stadium cocksmith

Yeah I was looking at the map and walking from P&L to EV is .6 miles and .5 miles to the Crossroad stadium.

No need for an entertainment district in the EV IMHO

Pablo 06-21-2024 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17559285)
Yeah I was looking at the map and walking from P&L to EV is .6 miles and .5 miles to the Crossroad stadium.

Even the crossroads plan was going to throw up some unnecessary hotel/conference center bullshit so John could make a little extra leaching off the taxpayers. Always an extra grift baked in

ChiefsCountry 06-21-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17559285)

Little off on distances there.

srvy 06-21-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17559003)
East Village still makes the most sense. I don’t know that you can street car and bus and walk and blah blah blah enough to offset the ingress/egress issues that spot in the west bottoms would have. You’re boxed in by bluffs and a river with 670 as your only real heavy traffic route

American Royal Dr to Caesar Chaves Ave then East to the SW Blvd I-35 interchange will get you the hell outa there.

Kiimo 06-21-2024 01:01 PM

The Kansas politician this morning on Jason Anderson's show let slip that Downtown Overland Park, like that 80th and Metcalf area submitted a proposal for Royals and my brain instantly thought of turning that area into a Wrigleyville of sorts and that sounds incredible.

KCUnited 06-21-2024 01:14 PM

At least half of Wrigley's attendance arrives by train and the north side of Chicago is still gridlock on games days

Thinking about running literally anywhere, checks Cubs schedule for home or away game first

Home valuations and flipping your driveway for parking would be nice perks though

mr. tegu 06-21-2024 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimo (Post 17559401)
The Kansas politician this morning on Jason Anderson's show let slip that Downtown Overland Park, like that 80th and Metcalf area submitted a proposal for Royals and my brain instantly thought of turning that area into a Wrigleyville of sorts and that sounds incredible.

That sounds pretty awful. That area, with little around it beyond local people and traffic, already gets pretty congested. I’d have no idea how that would possibly work.

stevieray 06-21-2024 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17558983)
Here's an aerial view of LoDo in the 80s. The circle is Union Station and the square is where Coors field ended up.

https://i.imgur.com/4ftecsA.jpeg

And here's one from the 2010s.

https://i.imgur.com/Wpj8IIz.jpeg

You are misunderstanding me, it wasn't a total ghost town. There wee places to party and live back then, you just had to know where to go.

I'm not disputing how crowded it's become.

Pauly D 06-22-2024 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimo (Post 17559401)

They'd have to demolish a ton of property there surely? If they go to JoCo I'd expect they would go to one of the big developments with a ton of open land like Bluhawk or Lenexa City Center. Maybe the old Sprint Campus.

Kiimo 06-22-2024 09:48 AM

lol if you think downtown Overland Park would be congested I can't imagine College Blvd where the Sprint campus is. That's very close to where I grew up and it would completely wreck an already congested area

lewdog 06-22-2024 09:53 AM

I think my top 3 favorite parks that I have been to would be 1) Petco, 2) Camden and 3) Fenway.

On my list to get to is Oracle Park and PNC park as unique and beautiful.

vonBobo 06-23-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17559507)
That sounds pretty awful. That area, with little around it beyond local people and traffic, already gets pretty congested. I’d have no idea how that would possibly work.

If the EV had a congestion problem while be bordered on two sides by 71 and i-70 and a 10 minute walk to light rail then imagine the congestion concerns for downtown OP whose closest highway is over a mile.

Kiimo 06-24-2024 07:52 AM

Cmon downtown OP is ON a highway!

lol metcalf

BryanBusby 06-24-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauly D (Post 17560118)
They'd have to demolish a ton of property there surely? If they go to JoCo I'd expect they would go to one of the big developments with a ton of open land like Bluhawk or Lenexa City Center. Maybe the old Sprint Campus.

The old sprint area would be a big ol mess but hey tailgating at Cheesecake Factory

Titty Meat 06-24-2024 11:17 AM

Nashville

DrunkBassGuitar 06-24-2024 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 17559282)
How about a stadium half in KS and half in MO? That would be pretty damn unique. Have State Line go right down the center of the field from home plate to second base to the outfield.

not a terrible idea but would be really weird for taxes. which state does the player getting paid pay taxes to? what about concessions?

Dartgod 06-24-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar (Post 17562006)
not a terrible idea but would be really weird for taxes. which state does the player getting paid pay taxes to? what about concessions?

Kansas, I would think. Unless they hit a home run into Missouri. Then they would owe a prorated chunk of that game check to MO.

Katipan 06-24-2024 12:47 PM

Is the homerun hit at the plate?
Or is it only a homerun once it flies over the fence?

I think I could argue either and I didn't even go to lawyer school.

Kiimo 06-24-2024 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 17561937)
The old sprint area would be a big ol mess but hey tailgating at Cheesecake Factory

https://media.tenor.com/xBperAD81HgA...appy-baker.gif

Coogs 06-24-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimo (Post 17559219)
Dean Spanos put it to a vote hey build me a stadium in the middle of downtown where I plan to pay not one dime and **** traffic up even more than it already is for like 7 years!

And the people of San Diego said uh, hey you cash-starved wannabe billionaire go **** yourself.

So he packed up and left. And it's really sad because Dean couldn't even afford to build a stadium so now he has a LANDLORD who is a direct competitor for eyeballs in the same city and nobody gives a shit about them at all.

And the saddest thing is...it worked. The team is worth more than ever before and they actually have a good team and the San Diego fans are shit out of luck with nothing but their own righteous indignation to cheer for. They were right to tell him to shove it, he wanted to totally screw up downtown.

He also knew they would vote it down. He honestly should be dragged into the street and tarred and feathered then sent out on a barge into the Pacific Ocean.

I get this isn't a thread about the Chargers, but didn't they just pick in the top 5 in the draft a couple of months ago?

Kiimo 06-24-2024 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 17562120)
I get this isn't a thread about the Chargers, but didn't they just pick in the top 5 in the draft a couple of months ago?

Imagining that the Chargers don't have talent and that that talent isn't going to be utilized by John Harbaugh is kind of silly.

They had a fake coach a fake coordinator and a hurt QB last season.