ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

UChieffyBugger 10-09-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14512632)
LMAO No.

What ACTUALLY happened was that life after Reid in Philly was as goddamn train wreck. After realizing their mistake, they fired Chip Kelly and went for someone in the Reid coaching tree again, wanting some of that Magic Reid Football Love back in their lives.

And that's what makes it even worse though!!..Coaches who coached UNDER Reid like Pederson and Harbaugh, have achieved what he hasn't!!.....and you think that makes him look good? :evil:

Like I said...no more excuses. HE HAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE right now...so go out there and win a chip over the next 18 months or get out!!..why is that such a bad thing to say? He will have had eight years in KC and four years with Mahomes!!..time to draw a line in the sand.

Megatron96 10-09-2019 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14512649)
And that's what makes it even worse though!!..Coaches who coached UNDER Reid like Pederson and Harbaugh, have achieved what he hasn't!!.....and you think that makes him look good? :evil:

Like I said...no more excuses. HE HAS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE right now...so go out there and win a chip over the next 18 months or get out!!..why is that such a bad thing to say? He will have had eight years in KC and four years with Mahomes!!..time to draw a line in the sand.

Your math is effed, buddy. 18 months from now would be about 3 years with Mahomes, not four. Unless for some dumb reason you want to include Pat's first year when he didn't actually play.

On a different note, SO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS SH*TCAN ANDY NEXT YEAR, THEN FIND A CHIP KELLY CLONE TO POSSIBLY RUIN MAHOMES, AND DEFINITELY MAKE US THE LAUGHINGSTOCK OF THE LEAGUE, AND THEN ROLL THE DICE YET AGAIN AND MIRACULOUSLY FIND A SB-WINNING COACH?

HEY, THIS CAPITALIZING EVERYTHING IS GREAT. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? BUELLER? IS THIS THING ON?

GloryDayz 10-09-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold_and_red (Post 14512625)
The problem is there is a boatload of game evidence from Philadelphia and KC that those deficiencies won’t likely be corrected. That is why there is a backlash after every game that we lose in too familiar a fashion.

We'll find out Sunday...

UChieffyBugger 10-09-2019 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512671)
Your math is effed, buddy. 18 months from now would be about 3 years with Mahomes, not four. Unless for some dumb reason you want to include Pat's first year when he didn't actually play.

On a different note, SO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO IS SH*TCAN ANDY NEXT YEAR, THEN FIND A CHIP KELLY CLONE TO POSSIBLY RUIN MAHOMES, AND DEFINITELY MAKE US THE LAUGHINGSTOCK OF THE LEAGUE, AND THEN ROLL THE DICE YET AGAIN AND MIRACULOUSLY FIND A SB-WINNING COACH?

HEY, THIS CAPITALIZING EVERYTHING IS GREAT. CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? BUELLER? IS THIS THING ON?

Er yes IT WOULD BE FOUR YEARS as it was Andy's decision to not play him the first year, no-one else. And LOL what a WEAK response!!..are your lips that attached to Andy's behind that you can't even imagine life without him In KC? Do you honestly think that quality coaches wouldn't be falling over themselves to come and coach Pat? SMH.

Like I said Riley and McCdaniels are among two coaches I would consider along with Kris Richard. I'm not prepared to witness thirteen frikken years of choking games away before figuring out that Andy can't win a ring!!..either get it done this year or the next with the best player in the league, or get out...that's MY opinion. Take it or leave it it's not gonna change.

Megatron96 10-09-2019 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14512681)
Er yes IT WOULD BE FOUR YEARS as it was Andy's decision to not play him the first year, no-one else. And LOL what a WEAK response!!..are your lips that attached to Andy's behind that you can't even imagine life without him In KC? Do you honestly think that quality coaches wouldn't be falling over themselves to come and coach Pat? SMH.

Like I said Riley and McCdaniels are among two coaches I would consider along with Kris Richard. I'm not prepared to witness thirteen frikken years of choking games away before figuring out that Andy can't win a ring!!..either get it done this year or the next with the best player in the league, or get out...that's MY opinion. Take it or leave it it's not gonna change.

It doesn't matter that who decided to keep Pat on the sidelines. The fact is that he didn't play his first year. And we have no idea how that would've worked out if he did play. Anything else is pure speculation.

And your choices are Lincoln Riley, McDaniels and MAYBE Kris Richard.

Lincoln Riley has never coached at the NFL level. He could make it work, but there's no evidence to say that it would. He could in fact be the next Chip Kelly. In fact, if history tells us anything, it's that first year HC's that came from the college ranks have a bit of a learning curve to climb before becoming comfortable in the NFL. So how many seasons should we expect to give him to make that transition? Yeah, no thanks.

Dipstick McDaniels. Didn't he already have a stint as HC? Help me out here, how exactly did that work out? How many Super Bowls did he win as head coach in the NFL again? Oh yeah, none. Never mind that he's a waffling headcase. And haven't we, the Chiefs fanbase, already had a taste of the Bill Belichick coaching tree? And wasn't that just the cat's meow? NEXT.

Kris Richard. He was the secondary coach for the Seahawks, right? And now he's the DC for the Cowboys? No, he's not. He's the secondary coach for the Cowboys. A secondary that has one INT and maybe 15-16 passes defensed? But he was hired in 2018, right? How'd that first year go? Oh yeah, the 'Boys got spanked by the Rams, 33 to 20 or something. Yeah, I think I'm not impressed yet. Especially as that secondary helped drop two straight games.

Yeah, I think I like our chances over the next two or three years with Andy rather than take my chances with one of those guys.

If we don't have a trophy by then, I might consider revisiting this currently goofy idea.

Right back at ya, buddy.

UChieffyBugger 10-09-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512739)
It doesn't matter that who decided to keep Pat on the sidelines. The fact is that he didn't play his first year. And we have no idea how that would've worked out if he did play. Anything else is pure speculation.

And your choices are Lincoln Riley, McDaniels and MAYBE Kris Richard.

Lincoln Riley has never coached at the NFL level. He could make it work, but there's no evidence to say that it would. He could in fact be the next Chip Kelly. In fact, if history tells us anything, it's that first year HC's that came from the college ranks have a bit of a learning curve to climb before becoming comfortable in the NFL. So how many seasons should we expect to give him to make that transition? Yeah, no thanks.

Dipstick McDaniels. Didn't he already have a stint as HC? Help me out here, how exactly did that work out? How many Super Bowls did he win as head coach in the NFL again? Oh yeah, none. Never mind that he's a waffling headcase. And haven't we, the Chiefs fanbase, already had a taste of the Bill Belichick coaching tree? And wasn't that just the cat's meow? NEXT.

Kris Richard. He was the secondary coach for the Seahawks, right? And now he's the DC for the Cowboys? No, he's not. He's the secondary coach for the Cowboys. A secondary that has one INT and maybe 15-16 passes defensed? But he was hired in 2018, right? How'd that first year go? Oh yeah, the 'Boys got spanked by the Rams, 33 to 20 or something. Yeah, I think I'm not impressed yet. Especially as that secondary helped drop two straight games.

Yeah, I think I like our chances over the next two or three years with Andy rather than take my chances with one of those guys.

If we don't have a trophy by then, I might consider revisiting this currently goofy idea.

Right back at ya, buddy.

Lol WEAK again...erm are you aware that Bellichick was FIRED from the Browns In his first job? Are you aware that Pete Carroll was fired from THREE different NFL teams before winning a chip In Seattle? Are you aware that John Harbaugh was a SPECIAL TEAMS COACH before winning a chip with the Ravens? Apparently not as you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself with that pathetic post above if you was.

Megatron96 10-09-2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14512756)
Lol WEAK again...erm are you aware that Bellichick was FIRED from the Browns In his first job? Are you aware that Pete Carroll was fired from THREE different NFL teams before winning a chip In Seattle? Are you aware that John Harbaugh was a SPECIAL TEAMS COACH before winning a chip with the Ravens? Apparently not as you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself with that pathetic post above if you was.

Actually, I am aware of all of those things, as they help make my point indirectly.

Your argument is that one of those guys is going to walk in and just be better than a 20 year head coach with the second most wins in league history and considered the best offensive mind in the modern era, in spite of the fact that not one of them has a single day of NFL head coaching experience.

Belichick had to fail FOUR times as the Browns HC, earning only one winning season.

He then was HC of the Jets for exactly 30 minutes.

He took the HC job as the Patriots HC and promptly posted a 5-11 season.

That's FIVE seasons he didn't deliver a SB to begin his career as a HC.

Carroll had to fail multiple times first.

Harbaugh failed to deliver a SB FOUR times as Ravens HC before finally getting one in 2012(?).

Do I really want to bring in a newly minted HC and watch them learn to be a winning HC for at least four more seasons? Because that's the average time it's going to take for a really really good HC, according to the numbers, kiddo.

And there's absolutely no way of knowing whether any of those guys you listed are really good enough to become a Super Bowl winning coach. In fact, again the numbers argue heavily against them. The very real probability for those guys is that none of them will ever become a Super Bowl winning coach, regardless of what team they end up coaching for.

There's no guarantees in the NFL. But the math alone suggests we're far better off just standing pat for at least two more years.

UChieffyBugger 10-09-2019 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512794)
Actually, I am aware of all of those things, as they help make my point indirectly.

Your argument is that one of those guys is going to walk in and just be better than a 20 year head coach with the second most wins in league history and considered the best offensive mind in the modern era, in spite of the fact that not one of them has a single day of NFL head coaching experience.

Belichick had to fail FOUR times as the Browns HC, earning only one winning season.

He then was HC of the Jets for exactly 30 minutes.

He took the HC job as the Patriots HC and promptly posted a 5-11 season.

That's FIVE seasons he didn't deliver a SB to begin his career as a HC.

Carroll had to fail multiple times first.

Harbaugh failed to deliver a SB FOUR times as Ravens HC before finally getting one in 2012(?).

Do I really want to bring in a newly minted HC and watch them learn to be a winning HC for at least four more seasons? Because that's the average time it's going to take for a really really good HC, according to the numbers, kiddo.

And there's absolutely no way of knowing whether any of those guys you listed are really good enough to become a Super Bowl winning coach. In fact, again the numbers argue heavily against them. The very real probability for those guys is that none of them will ever become a Super Bowl winning coach, regardless of what team they end up coaching for.

There's no guarantees in the NFL. But the math alone suggests we're far better off just standing pat for at least two more years.

Wrong again...McCdaniels HAS been a head coach already so he has experience. And how long did it take Pederson to win a chip? Two years? So your statement about time is not born in facts. Reid has a great record of winning yes..but guess what? HE ALSO HAS A RECORD OF LOSING ON THE BIG STAGE at both Philly and KC...so at some point he either has to prove he can win a chip or get out...eight years would be long enough imo.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-09-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14511112)
Yup.

You people advocating or even hinting at a need for change are out of your ****ing minds.

As if Andy Reid were sacrosanct.

Shutting the door on the idea completely is amazingly stupid and very, VERY Lil' Chiefy.

Megatron96 10-09-2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14512816)
Wrong again...McCdaniels HAS been a head coach already so he has experience. And how long did it take Pederson to win a chip? Two years? So your statement about time is not born in facts. Reid has a great record of winning yes..but guess what? HE ALSO HAS A RECORD OF LOSING ON THE BIG STAGE at both Philly and KC...so at some point he either has to prove he can win a chip or get out...eight years would be long enough imo.

McDaniels was one of the worst HCs I've ever seen. I wouldn't let him pay me to coach my dog to sit.

And Pederson is what is called an outlier. There are a few of those. My statement was about the vast, overwhelming majority of new HCs that go to new franchises. Tossing out an outlier is less than nothing so far as analytics go.

And to be fair, Andy never had much of a chance to win it all with Alex Smith as his QB. I doubt there are three coaches in the NFL that could.

If we're going to talk about giving Andy a realistic chance to get one with Mahomes, we need to think three or four years. Starting with last year, when he got us to the AFCCG, I believe. And nearly won that game. So two or three years.

Then you can go all batsh*t crazy or whatever.

jd1020 10-09-2019 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512838)
And to be fair, Andy never had much of a chance to win it all with Alex Smith as his QB. I doubt there are three coaches in the NFL that could.

And to be fair, Alex Smith was his choice for QB.

Megatron96 10-09-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 14512914)

Did he have a lot of better choices? I don't recall Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers being available at the time. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

Alex Smith was the best option out of the limited options at the time. And as I recall, there was hope of a significant upside. It simply didn't pan out. Alex became what he was always going to become, because at the end of the day he didn't have that personality trait to just pull the trigger when he needed to. I don't see how that's anyone's fault.

And if we're honest, when you consider what the Chiefs were prior to Andy Reid and Alex Smith, they both were a huge upgrade, right?

Bottom line, the Chiefs organization gave Andy five years to figure out if Alex was the guy. Alex didn't grow into the position. Andy drafted a new guy.

And here we are.

jd1020 10-09-2019 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512918)
Did he have a lot of better choices? I don't recall Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers being available at the time. If I'm wrong, please educate me.

Alex Smith was the best option out of the limited options at the time. And as I recall, there was hope of a significant upside. It simply didn't pan out. Alex became what he was always going to become, because at the end of the day he didn't have that personality trait to just pull the trigger when he needed to. I don't see how that's anyone's fault.

And if we're honest, when you consider what the Chiefs were prior to Andy Reid and Alex Smith, they both were a huge upgrade, right?

Bottom line, the Chiefs organization gave Andy five years to figure out if Alex was the guy. Alex didn't grow into the position. Andy drafted a new guy.

And here we are.

He had been wanting to trade for Alex Smith since he was in Philly. Don't act like he was just out of options. If there were other options Alex Smith would have still been his choice.

Megatron96 10-09-2019 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 14512919)
He had been wanting to trade for Alex Smith since he was in Philly. Don't act like he was just out of options. If there were other options Alex Smith would have still been his choice.

I just checked; the options available in 2013 were Matt Flynn, Nick Foles, and Geno Smith.

'Nuff said.

jd1020 10-09-2019 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512923)
I just checked; the options available in 2013 were Matt Flynn, Nick Foles, and Geno Smith.

'Nuff said.

Is that SB MVP Nick Foles?

Megatron96 10-09-2019 11:38 PM

Just found this.

Going back in time and not knowing what we know now, and realizing that Cassel wasn't the franchise QB we were hoping for, in spite of being coached up by Bill Belichick and the QB-whisperer Josh McDaniels, (shocking, I know) Andy Reid traded for Alex Smith:

"Smith has obviously been better than Matt Cassel over the last two seasons, but not over his entire career.

Smith with Jim Harbaugh as the head coach looks a lot like Matt Cassel with Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels as his coaches.

There are two things that do clearly differentiate Smith from Cassel.

First, Smith is not thought of as a deep thrower but he has a pretty good record on deep passes. In 2011, he ranked ninth in DVOA on passes over 16+ yards through the air. In 2012, he ranked 14th. Cassel was 36th in 2011 and 20th in 2012.

In addition, Smith has an absurdly good record against big blitzes, even when he was poor otherwise. For some reason, he was slightly worse against big blitzes in his breakout 2011 season, but if we look at 2009-2012 combined, we find Smith with 5.9 net yards per play against 3-5 pass rushers but 7.6 net yards per play against 6+ pass rushers. For 2012, those numbers are 5.7 and 11.2, respectively."

-Aaron Schatz, Football Outsiders, 2013

Megatron96 10-09-2019 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 14512924)
Is that SB MVP Nick Foles?

Yes. The same streaky as hell Nick Foles, who still hasn't learned to read defenses better than any average QB.

And also the guy that almost no one thought that much of for his entire career UNTIL Wentz went down and Foles went on to win a SB.

Hell, there aren't a lot of teams that were interested in him when he left the Eagles, hence his arrival in Jacksonville.

jd1020 10-09-2019 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512934)
Yes. The same streaky as hell Nick Foles, who still hasn't learned to read defenses better than any average QB.

That's ok. He'll be able to read his ring.

The guy torched the best defensive mind in the game and won a SB but you are about to tell me all about how Alex Smith was/is better.

Do the numbers 31-10 and 21-3 mean anything to you?

Megatron96 10-09-2019 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 14512935)
That's ok. He'll be able to read his ring.

The guy torched the best defensive mind in the game and won a SB but you are about to tell me all about how Alex Smith was/is better.

Hindsight is 20/20.

On paper in 2013, Alex was the better choice. It's the same thing as looking at the relative strengths and weaknesses of a couple teams, say the Chiefs and the Colts, and deciding that on paper, the Chiefs should win that game.

Reality can and sometimes will diverge wildly from all analysis at any time. But no one in their right mind with everything on the line bucks the evidence and picks Foles over Smith in 2013.

People seem to forget just how raw and poor Foles was in 2012. His record was 1-5, a 60% completion rate, threw 6 TDs and 5 INTs.

Not great.

In fact, comparing his numbers to Alex Smith's in 2012, it's not even a question. Alex was by far the better choice in 2013.

Alex Smith numbers from 2011:

13-3, 61% completion percentage, 3144 yds, 17 TDs 5 INTs.

Alex Smith's numbers from 2012, benched in Week 10 for CK:

6-2-1, 1737 yds, 70.3 completion percentage, 13 TDs 5 INTs.

No one, and I mean no one, picks Foles over Smith after looking at those numbers. It's not even close.

rabblerouser 10-10-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512838)
McDaniels was one of the worst HCs I've ever seen. I wouldn't let him pay me to coach my dog to sit.

And Pederson is what is called an outlier. There are a few of those. My statement was about the vast, overwhelming majority of new HCs that go to new franchises. Tossing out an outlier is less than nothing so far as analytics go.

If we're going to talk about giving Andy a realistic chance to get one with Mahomes, we need to think three or four years. Starting with last year, when he got us to the AFCCG, I believe. And nearly won that game. So two or three years.

Then you can go all batsh*t crazy or whatever.

This makes sense.

That Colts game last Sunday though...

rabblerouser 10-10-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14512946)
Hindsight is 20/20.

On paper in 2013, Alex was the better choice. It's the same thing as looking at the relative strengths and weaknesses of a couple teams, say the Chiefs and the Colts, and deciding that on paper, the Chiefs should win that game.

Reality can and sometimes will diverge wildly from all analysis at any time. But no one in their right mind with everything on the line bucks the evidence and picks Foles over Smith in 2013.

People seem to forget just how raw and poor Foles was in 2012. His record was 1-5, a 60% completion rate, threw 6 TDs and 5 INTs.

Not great.

In fact, comparing his numbers to Alex Smith's in 2012, it's not even a question. Alex was by far the better choice in 2013.

Alex Smith numbers from 2011:

13-3, 61% completion percentage, 3144 yds, 17 TDs 5 INTs.

Alex Smith's numbers from 2013, benched in Week 10 for CK:

6-2-1, 1737 yds, 70.3 completion percentage, 13 TDs 5 INTs.

No one, and I mean no one, picks Foles over Smith after looking at those numbers. It's not even close.

Alex Smith was a Chief in 2013.

Trivers 10-10-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14512478)
This is the most ridiculous overreaction I’ve ever seen on here. And there’s an embarrassing amount of people contributing.

/thread

One big circle jerk... :(

Megatron96 10-10-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14513051)
Alex Smith was a Chief in 2013.

Yes. He was traded by the 49ers to the Chiefs in the spring of 2013.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/...e-chiefs-49ers

And your point?

Never mind. I mis-typed 2013 when I meant 2012 at the very end of that post. Fixed.

JakeF 10-10-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertWeathers (Post 14512462)
Reid is a helluva coach, guys.

Hes not Belichick and never will be but he can absolutely win a SB with the right talent.

Andy Reid has had all sorts of talent for decades and has failed to do anything with it. Andy is one of these outstanding coordinators that get promoted above their appropriate level because they are so good.

Andy Reid is somewhere between a coordinator and a head coach. Too good to stay a coordinator and not good enough to win the big one at the next level. You can say the same about Marty Schottenheimer. Andy and Marty, two guys who dominate during the regular season but get their shit pushed in against the superior talent of the playoffs.

TwistedChief 10-10-2019 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14513993)
Andy Reid has had all sorts of talent for decades and has failed to do anything with it. Andy is one of these outstanding coordinators that get promoted above their appropriate level because they are so good.

Andy Reid is somewhere between a coordinator and a head coach. Too good to stay a coordinator and not good enough to win the big one at the next level. You can say the same about Marty Schottenheimer. Andy and Marty, two guys who dominate during the regular season but get their shit pushed in against the superior talent of the playoffs.

I propose a trade.

CP receives:
RobertWeathers

PatriotsPlanet receives:
JakeF
OkChiefs
RedDawg

I'd even be willing to throw in a young prospect on the practice squad. Goes by Ubeja and has a photographic memory when it comes to the 1971 Chiefs and the best blues musicians in Nashville circa 1983. Guy is a real blue chip, go-getter.

rabblerouser 10-10-2019 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14514024)
I propose a trade.

CP receives:
RobertWeathers
A Defiant Goose

PatriotsPlanet receives:
JakeF
OkChiefs
RedDawg
Uchieffyburger
BWillie
diphlg9

I'd even be willing to throw in a young prospect on the practice squad. Goes by Ubeja and has a photographic memory when it comes to the 1971 Chiefs and the best blues musicians in Nashville circa 1983. Guy is a real blue chip, go-getter.

Fixed, but yes. Let's make this happen.

UChieffyBugger 10-10-2019 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14514040)
Fixed, but yes. Let's make this happen.

There he goes AGAIN!!....

https://i1.wp.com/dfranks.com/wp-con...rying-baby.jpg

LMAO

rabblerouser 10-10-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14514069)

You posting selfies again?

rabblerouser 10-13-2019 02:11 PM

Andy Reid just got outcoached by Bill O'Brien.

I'd just like to point that out.

Gravedigger 10-13-2019 02:15 PM

After this year fire him. I"m not kidding, not one damn bit. That mother ****er has had YEARS to address the defense, and the defense has been shit for 4 years now. I'm sick of this, you will have a ridiculous line of suitors because Mahomes is the QB, pick the best one and go. Pederson won the ****ing Superbowl with Nick Foles, we can do better guys, I don't care what your responses are, this is the camp I'm in until Reid is gone, Superbowl or not, he's a shitty coach that is all smoke and mirrors. We've fallen for his bullshit for long enough.

Jerm 10-13-2019 02:16 PM

Andy Reid's play calling is the epitome of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RINGLEADER 10-13-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14521928)
Andy Reid's play calling is the epitome of ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes to go, down 7, 2nd and 14, have only called 10 runs, and Mahomes is your QB.

Let's call a RUN!

That one call epitomizes Reid.

Dude is a great play designer. But he is tone deaf when it comes to managing a game.

carcosa 10-13-2019 02:19 PM

He called ANOTHER 2nd and long run on ANOTHER must score 4th quarter drive.

Like what the ****

RINGLEADER 10-13-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14521925)
After this year fire him. I"m not kidding, not one damn bit. That mother ****er has had YEARS to address the defense, and the defense has been shit for 4 years now. I'm sick of this, you will have a ridiculous line of suitors because Mahomes is the QB, pick the best one and go. Pederson won the ****ing Superbowl with Nick Foles, we can do better guys, I don't care what your responses are, this is the camp I'm in until Reid is gone, Superbowl or not, he's a shitty coach that is all smoke and mirrors. We've fallen for his bullshit for long enough.

We're wed to Clark and Hitchens and Mathieu for years.

At every level we have a bountiful of suck.

rabblerouser 10-13-2019 02:22 PM

Outcoached by Bill ****ing O'Brien.

BlackHelicopters 10-13-2019 02:24 PM

Eagles fans tried to warn us.

BlackHelicopters 10-13-2019 02:24 PM

Reid looks lost

rabblerouser 10-13-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 14522015)
Eagles fans tried to warn us.

And Eagles fans were RIGHT.

rabblerouser 10-13-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14512834)
As if Andy Reid were sacrosanct.

Shutting the door on the idea completely is amazingly stupid and very, VERY Lil' Chiefy.

A lot of people compare him to the suck of Herm Edwards and Romeo Crennel, 2 of the of the worst coaches in Chiefs history.

Compared to them, Andy Reid is very, very good. But, like Marty, he's not going to win a Super Bowl. He's just not...

arrwheader 10-13-2019 02:46 PM

Doesn't learn 20 plus years run the ****ing ball

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

RunKC 10-13-2019 02:51 PM

Laugh at Gruden all you want at least his philosophy is correct.

We have an MVP QB and it Fowler matter bc we suck running the ball, stopping the run and protecting the QB.

Andy is all show. Long ball! Go deep! No defense. No real football.

kjwood75nro 10-13-2019 02:52 PM

My desire for the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl is conflicting with my desire for Andy to never win one.

coachwalrusss 10-13-2019 02:52 PM

is he a good walrus though?

https://i.chzbgr.com/full/6943202560/hF505329D/

Chief Northman 10-13-2019 02:53 PM

Obvious Bieniemy is a pawn too. RB coach and player by trade, yet he oversees a putrid run offense. Grab Andy by the jowls and demand a minimum of 20-25 carries....

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-13-2019 03:28 PM

This team is losing games it shouldn't be losing.

rabblerouser 10-13-2019 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14522266)
Obvious Bieniemy is a pawn too. RB coach and player by trade, yet he oversees a putrid run offense. Grab Andy by the jowls and demand a minimum of 20-25 carries....

Just NOT on 2nd and 15 from our own end zone.

Buddha wept.

rabblerouser 10-13-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14522467)
This team is losing games it shouldn't be losing.

Which is the mark of a terrible head football coach.

Jerm 10-13-2019 03:52 PM

IT'S THE SAME DAMN THINGS OVER AND OVER...

No discipline and stupid penalties
Schizo play calling
Horrible time/game management
Being outmuscled and can't handle physical play, esp. on the lines

Over and over and over again...

GloryDayz 10-13-2019 04:12 PM

I trust, rigth on cue, Andy took responsibility and claimed they'd "learn from this"?

rabblerouser 10-13-2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14522600)
IT'S THE SAME DAMN THINGS OVER AND OVER...

No discipline and stupid penalties
Schizo play calling
Horrible time/game management
Being outmuscled and can't handle physical play, esp. on the lines

Over and over and over again...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnknownGra...sh-max-1mb.gif

IowaHawkeyeChief 10-13-2019 04:23 PM

Yea, 6 starters out and untimely fumbles has nothing to do with losing 2 games by one score to pretty good teams... :rolleyes:

Jerm 10-13-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14522792)
Yea, 6 starters out and untimely fumbles has nothing to do with losing 2 games by one score to pretty good teams... :rolleyes:

Everyone deals with injuries and turnovers....:rolleyes:

GloryDayz 10-14-2019 10:33 AM

Andy doing his special thing.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...38d4395faf.jpg

rabblerouser 10-14-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14524890)

Same as it ever was...same as it ever was...

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/UnknownGra...sh-max-1mb.gif

philfree 10-14-2019 12:08 PM

The only thing I'm going to say about Reid is that Clark needs to tell him to protect his franchise QB at all cost. If Reid get's Mahomes career ending injured he doesn't need fired he needs to be found face down in the Missouri River.

KurtCobain 10-14-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14525155)
The only thing I'm going to say about Reid is that Clark needs to tell him to protect his franchise QB at all cost. If Reid get's Mahomes career ending injured he doesn't need fired he needs to be found face down in the Missouri River.

That's real talk.

KChiefs1 10-14-2019 01:40 PM

Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach

https://youtu.be/saysiSQU6iQ https://youtu.be/KwN6Bdbbevc

rabblerouser 10-14-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 14512914)

Said Alex ran his offense "to perfection..."

Hammock Parties 10-14-2019 04:51 PM

playcalling is fine

reid has adjusted to the OL

[IMG]https://charts-cdn-a.nextgenstats.nf...998302008.jpeg[/IMG]

srvy 10-14-2019 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14521878)
Andy Reid just got outcoached by Bill O'Brien.

I'd just like to point that out.

Sad isn't it.

JakeF 10-14-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 14525155)

100%

rabblerouser 10-14-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14513993)

Andy Reid was never a coordinator, for the record.

He went from Oline coach to head coach.

KChiefs1 10-15-2019 09:38 PM

https://youtu.be/yDfNwhw2HfE

rabblerouser 10-16-2019 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 14529438)

South Black Bob Rd? Is that legit, or are they trolling us?

Trivers 10-16-2019 09:34 AM

One big circle jerk thread of people bitching about something they can't control or understand so they can feel powerful and important.

Reid is HOF bound and has turned this franchise around and yet you clowns bitch.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...87/273/c75.jpg

rabblerouser 10-16-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trivers (Post 14530055)

^
Picture of a bunch of queers ready to build a statue of Reid for one AFCCG appearance.

Jerm 10-16-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

One big circle jerk thread of people bitching about something they can't control or understand so they can feel powerful and important.

Reid is HOF bound and has turned this franchise around and yet you clowns bitch.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...87/273/c75.jpg

Turn us into what exactly....?

A pretty good regular season team that continually underachieves and flops in the playoffs?

Is that what you ****ing want?

Do you want to win a ****ing Super Bowl?

ChiefsCountry 10-16-2019 11:36 AM

This thread is started by the loser who thinks Todd Haley is a good coach. Should tell you all you need to know.

Andy Reid is a damn good coach. Until Mahomes he has never had the QB needed to win a Super Bowl. Mahomes is still extremely young in age when it comes to NFL QBs and when they win championships. Most of this is just normal CP being dumb ****s.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-16-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

The turnaround is not in question here, it's Reid's proven track record of post season inability to grab the big brass ring that is currently under fire.

And one more thing; it was Reid's ability to get players to buy-in that was one of his greatest strengths. So when I hear that players are "playing for their position group and not the team"? I then have to ask "what's left for Andy Reid in terms of skills and the ammunition necessary to field a complete team that is guaranteed to compete for a Lombardi year in and year out"?

I'm not in the group that currently advocates replacing Reid at all costs because I DO appreciate his ability to win the games that are necessary in order to play in the post season. That said, if Andy's Chiefs continue to lose games in the regular season that they have no business losing, then Andy's value, skill set, and attributes diminish by a wide margin.

rabblerouser 10-16-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14530343)
This thread is started by the loser who thinks Todd Haley is a good coach. Should tell you all you need to know.

Todd Haley at least had the ability to get the most out of his players - Bowe, DJ, and JC were all mediocre at best until Haley got here and put his boot in their collective asses. He had a shit GM and a shit QB, but that still didn't stop him from getting 15 TDs out of Bowe in 2010. Reid had a season where a WR didn't catch a single TD.

I guarantee Haley would be benching guys left and right with this shitshow of a defense. His benching of DJ is what turned the corner for DJ. We wouldn't revere DJ like we do if it weren't for Haley.

rabblerouser 10-16-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14530364)
The turnaround is not in question here, it's Reid's proven track record of post season inability to grab the big brass ring that is currently under fire.

And one more thing; it was Reid's ability to get players to buy-in that was one of his greatest strengths. So when I hear that players are "playing for their position group and not the team"? I then have to ask "what's left for Andy Reid in terms of skills and the ammunition necessary to field a complete team that is guaranteed to compete for a Lombardi year in and year out"?

I'm not in the group that currently advocates replacing Reid at all costs because I DO appreciate his ability to win the games that are necessary in order to play in the post season. That said, if Andy's Chiefs continue to lose games in the regular season that they have no business losing, then Andy's value, skill set, and attributes diminish by a wide margin.

Fantastic post.

Jerm 10-16-2019 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14530343)

Andy Reid is a damn good coach. Until Mahomes he has never had the QB needed to win a Super Bowl. Mahomes is still extremely young in age when it comes to NFL QBs and when they win championships. Most of this is just normal CP being dumb ****s.

Funny, it took Doug Pederson all of 2 years with a back up QB to win a Super Bowl....

But Andy needs 20 years and the "right QB" to win it....:rolleyes:

RunKC 10-16-2019 12:03 PM

Andy isn’t a terrible HC. That’s too far.

He’s the Alex Smith of NFL HC’s.

Ah, yes. That’s the perfect analogy.

Hammock Parties 10-16-2019 12:18 PM

No it's not. He's a HOF head coach. Alex is just a dude.

Megatron96 10-16-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14530391)
Funny, it took Doug Pederson all of 2 years with a back up QB to win a Super Bowl....

But Andy needs 20 years and the "right QB" to win it....:rolleyes:

More nonsense. You think you could drop Pederson on the Jets or the Dolphins and they would just make the SB in two years? Is he magical or something?

Or did he benefit from a lot of luck, in the form of Wentz having an MVP start to the season and then when he went down (which would've ended 99% of any team's chances in the post-season), they insert Foles (long time journeyman QB no one thought much of as a starter) and Foles has the hot streak of hot streaks.

Does that sound like a winning formula for consistent success to anyone?

By your reasoning, we should go get Gary Kubiak. We'll just ignore how he got his SB, and go with the idea that he's filled with magical beans or whatever.

Jerm 10-16-2019 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14530755)
More nonsense. You think you could drop Pederson on the Jets or the Dolphins and they would just make the SB in two years? Is he magical or something?

Or did he benefit from a lot of luck, in the form of Wentz having an MVP start to the season and then when he went down (which would've ended 99% of any team's chances in the post-season), they insert Foles (long time journeyman QB no one thought much of as a starter) and Foles has the hot streak of hot streaks.

Does that sound like a winning formula for consistent success to anyone?

By your reasoning, we should go get Gary Kubiak. We'll just ignore how he got his SB, and go with the idea that he's filled with magical beans or whatever.

Oh I forgot, Andy Reid has only coached scrub teams through out his career...when has he ever coached the Dolphins or Jets?

You act like he hasn't had great teams...he has and still hasn't got the job done.

I'm sure he'll figure it out one of these years though :rolleyes:...we'll just waste away Pat's early/prime years in the meantime...

crayzkirk 10-16-2019 03:06 PM

I've been on the don't like Andy Reid bandwagon since he came here. I'm going to soften my tone a bit, there's lots of reasons (excuses) as to why he (and a whole lot of other coaches) hasn't won the big game. It's tough to do (unless you are the Patriots). I also think that I've been expecting way too much out of Mahomes. Yeah, he was unbelievable last year and did things we have never seen. They aren't machines, they are real people, with real injuries and they are putting themselves on the line for our entertainment (and a sizeable amount of money).

I'm going to just hope for no serious injuries and put football in it's place. Very low on the importance scale.

PAChiefsGuy 10-16-2019 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 14530810)
Oh I forgot, Andy Reid has only coached scrub teams through out his career...when has he ever coached the Dolphins or Jets?

You act like he hasn't had great teams...he has and still hasn't got the job done.

I'm sure he'll figure it out one of these years though :rolleyes:...we'll just waste away Pat's early/prime years in the meantime...

He's a good HC. He hasnt won the SB but you cant judge everything on that. There are plenty of bad HCs who have won the SB. You have to look at the overall picture when considering if someone is a good HC not judge it just based on if they have won a SB or not.

Now i wouldn't call him one of the greatest HCs of all-time but as far as if he is a good HC he absolutely is. His resume speaks for itself.

We are lucky to have him here. He turned this frachise around.

Baby Lee 10-16-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 14530867)
I've been on the don't like Andy Reid bandwagon since he came here. I'm going to soften my tone a bit, there's lots of reasons (excuses) as to why he (and a whole lot of other coaches) hasn't won the big game. It's tough to do (unless you are the Patriots). I also think that I've been expecting way too much out of Mahomes. Yeah, he was unbelievable last year and did things we have never seen. They aren't machines, they are real people, with real injuries and they are putting themselves on the line for our entertainment (and a sizeable amount of money).

I'm going to just hope for no serious injuries and put football in it's place. Very low on the importance scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14530881)
He's a good HC. He hasnt won the SB but you cant judge everything on that. There are plenty of bad HCs who have won the SB. You have to look at the overall picture when considering if someone is a good HC not judge it just based on if they have won a SB or not.

Now i wouldn't call him one of the greatest HCs of all-time but as far as if he is a good HC he absolutely is. His resume speaks for itself.

We are lucky to have him here. He turned this frachise around.

ROFL ROFL

crayzkirk 10-16-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14530936)
ROFL ROFL

Glad I could amuse you. I'm just done getting upset over a football game and what people who make millions of dollars to 'entertain' us do. The only real power I have is with my money; I voted against the stadium improvements and I don't buy NFL products. I think the Bud Light commercials are funny however I won't drink that piss water.

I have no faith that Reid will 'fix it' or 'make it better'. Times yours...