ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294504)

Bearcat 05-31-2024 07:24 PM

Interesting stuff, but of course it's still EA... trying to create some true separation between the best teams and the rest is interesting as that was a huge weakness in the past.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kf86x8F9M90?si=kkqLWkvKIGnVyX_n" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stryker 05-31-2024 07:47 PM

Thinking about Dead Space remake, Still Wakes the Deep and the Silent Hill 2 remake.:thumb:

New World Order 06-01-2024 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17537503)
Interesting stuff, but of course it's still EA... trying to create some true separation between the best teams and the rest is interesting as that was a huge weakness in the past.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Kf86x8F9M90?si=kkqLWkvKIGnVyX_n" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I haven't been hyped about a video game in a long time. I'll be buying this one.

Bearcat 06-01-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17537686)
I haven't been hyped about a video game in a long time. I'll be buying this one.

It's definitely tempting.... I'd have to buy a PS5 first though, heh. I think the last game I bought was NHL ~'20-ish for PS4 and just didn't get into it a ton. It had probably been 5+ years since buying any previous games.

I assume Madden has a lot of the features they're putting into NCAA... being so far removed from Madden and obviously NCAA just now coming back, it seems like a huge leap in what they're trying to do, but would be fun to dive into all of the new features and what not.

It would actually be a pleasant surprise if you could play as KU and not simply go to Austin and beat Texas by 4 touchdowns in your first year.

Imon Yourside 06-01-2024 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17537940)
It's definitely tempting.... I'd have to buy a PS5 first though, heh. I think the last game I bought was NHL ~'20-ish for PS4 and just didn't get into it a ton. It had probably been 5+ years since buying any previous games.

I assume Madden has a lot of the features they're putting into NCAA... being so far removed from Madden and obviously NCAA just now coming back, it seems like a huge leap in what they're trying to do, but would be fun to dive into all of the new features and what not.

It would actually be a pleasant surprise if you could play as KU and not simply go to Austin and beat Texas by 4 touchdowns in your first year.

If you're on PC and have Amazon Prime they usually give it away every year a few months after. Wait for free Madden and the CFB Mod and save a bundle. ;)

New World Order 06-01-2024 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17537940)

NCAA gameplay was always good. Even when Madden was criticized in the early 10's, NCAA was still good. That's why I have hope.

Also, this will really help hold me over for the start of the NFL season. I think it's going to be hella fun online.

Imon Yourside 06-01-2024 11:21 PM

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Q7ZAozdxLWw" title="ABSOLUTE TRASH From PlayStation on PC and STEAM - Another Game Requires PSN Account Linking!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mecca 06-03-2024 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17538455)
NCAA gameplay was always good. Even when Madden was criticized in the early 10's, NCAA was still good. That's why I have hope.

Also, this will really help hold me over for the start of the NFL season. I think it's going to be hella fun online.

I'm concerned because it has the ultimate team bullshit in it.

New World Order 06-03-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17539503)

Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of a college football game? Isn’t the whole point of this game to be one of the many schools in college football and experience the stadiums and atmosphere?

Ugh EA. Let’s just hope the gameplay is good.

Mecca 06-03-2024 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17539531)
Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of a college football game? Isn’t the whole point of this game to be one of the many schools in college football and experience the stadiums and atmosphere?

Ugh EA. Let’s just hope the gameplay is good.

Well no ultimate team makes like a billion dollars a year on Madden so it's gotta be about that!

Indian Chief 06-03-2024 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17537005)
Coincidentally I just finished the main storyline of Ghost of Tsushima a few hours ago. Awesome game. Awesome, awesome.

Spoiler!

Agreed. And I did the same thing. I struggled with the decision though.

Sassy Squatch 06-03-2024 01:11 PM

Do like that *redacted* actually had a couple fair points in their final conflict. And yeah, the choice of what to do is fairly obvious unless you're just not following the story at all.

Jerm 06-05-2024 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17539503)

The developers have been pretty implicit that Dynasty is the main focus and got most of the love.

Pretty much all of the reporters/content creators that went to the recent event said that Dynasty was the focus and UT wasn't even mentioned or shown once.

Mecca 06-05-2024 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17541528)
The developers have been pretty implicit that Dynasty is the main focus and got most of the love.

Pretty much all of the reporters/content creators that went to the recent event said that Dynasty was the focus and UT wasn't even mentioned or shown once.

Well that is good but like I said I'll wait until it's fully out because I don't trust EA, if there can be a cash grab EA is sure to go for it.

Jerm 06-05-2024 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17541669)
Well that is good but like I said I'll wait until it's fully out because I don't trust EA, if there can be a cash grab EA is sure to go for it.

I don't blame you one bit lol...just hoping our fears aren't realized.