ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

O.city 04-30-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15652999)
The thought is the Packers want him out of the NFC.

THAT DOESN'T MATTER IN THESE THINGS YOU TAKE THE BEST PACKAGE...

ptlyon 04-30-2021 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15653047)
Obviously he doesn’t need another dime after being paid hundreds of millions in salary & endorsement cash through the years. If he gets the Jeopardy job, that could be upwards of $10M per year for him.

And a reason not to watch jeopardy

ClevelandBronco 04-30-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15652926)
Man the media is trying to sell this story hard.

It could happen. Denver can't win a trophy without buying it.

What? You guys use only homegrown K.C. boys on your team?

It's professional sports. Every team buys everything they do.

htismaqe 04-30-2021 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15653048)

Good teams take the best package. Obviously, the Packers have issues when it comes to acquiring talent.

htismaqe 04-30-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 15653088)
What? You guys use only homegrown K.C. boys on your team?

It's professional sports. Every team buys everything they do.

ROFL

Our SB winning QB was scouted by and drafte by the Chiefs.

Your SB winning QB was bought in free agency because your GM could spot a good QB if he hit him in the face with a screen pass.

Kman34 04-30-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15653048)

Thats what she said...

ThaVirus 04-30-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15652807)
Not only has Rodgers proven he can beat Mahomes...

They haven't played each other yet

ClevelandBronco 04-30-2021 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15653095)
ROFL

Our SB winning QB was scouted by and drafte by the Chiefs.

Your SB winning QB was bought in free agency because your GM could spot a good QB if he hit him in the face with a screen pass.

You'd be the ones to know about receivers getting hit in the face.

InChiefsHeaven 04-30-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 15653101)

Well played ****er...well played...

kccrow 04-30-2021 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15653097)
They haven't played each other yet

Ah yes, that was the Matt Moore game, wasn't it. I was thinking it was Mahomie for some reason.

Not that it much matters. Aaron Rodgers is a first-ballot HOF QB that can beat any team in the NFL on any day and was Mahomes before Mahomes. He's the only QB I think that could consistently go toe-to-toe with Mahomes without blinking. It would not be good to have him in the division, especially on a team with the defense the Broncos have. It's ****ing delusional to think it wouldn't matter.

htismaqe 04-30-2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 15653101)

Your receivers could get hit in the face too but your QB's over the last 5 or so years couldn't hit them standing within arms length of them.

GoForIt 04-30-2021 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15653118)
Ah yes, that was the Matt Moore game, wasn't it. I was thinking it was Mahomie for some reason.

Not that it much matters. Aaron Rodgers is a first-ballot HOF QB that can beat any team in the NFL on any day and was Mahomes before Mahomes. He's the only QB I think that could consistently go toe-to-toe with Mahomes without blinking. It would not be good to have him in the division, especially on a team with the defense the Broncos have. It's ****ing delusional to think it wouldn't matter.

I agree. Broncos are immediately contenders with Rodgers and that D.

Gary Cooper 04-30-2021 10:43 AM

Don't the Texans need a QB? Or are they positive Watson will prevail on his civil suits?

notorious 04-30-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15652991)
If Rodgers really wanted to **** over the Packers....he would retire so they get nothing in return.

Do it Andrew Luck style, too.

Chiefspants 04-30-2021 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 15653118)

The "football fan" in me would be excited to see a divisional game that would have the sheer anticipation and excitement as the 97' matchups between KC and Denver. Unsure if we've really had that since that time.

But, yeah, Rodgers could absolutely go vintage and beat us on any given Sunday. He could also just kind of do the thing where he disappears for a half and gets throttled 41-20 by KC in the playoffs and then passive aggressively pin it on his defense despite being down 28-0 with two INT's at the end of the 1st half.

The vengeful part of me still feels that January 98' hasn't been redeemed. It's one thing to get run out of the stadium for 5 straight years against your rival (the Broncos haven't beaten the Chiefs since I moved to Colorado. Bronco fans are just kind of "numb" to it). It's another thing to be the favorite going into the playoffs, have one of the best teams you have ever assembled, and then for your most hated division rival come in and lead a game winning drive against you in front of your home fans. Oh yeah, throw in that your rivals covered themselves with baby-lotion, were the benefactors of a bad call in the endzone, a phantom holding call on a field goal kick, and only got a slap on the wrist for blatant salary cap violations at the end of the year. Meanwhile, your coach decides to start a QB who wasn't at all conditioned to be playing and who literally had to burn your timeouts in the 3rd quarter because he was too "winded"; timeouts so badly needed at the end of the game.

Anything I'm missing there or does that about do it?