ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

htismaqe 03-22-2019 09:13 AM

The New Orleans Saints select Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14174027)
There’s the DE I was talking about :D

Omenihu is a perfect fit. **** the haters DJ, very solid draft so far.

He would’ve been my pick for the Colts if they didn’t sign Houston and Harry wasn’t sitting there.

That's the thing man, I had 6 guys at the top of my board going into the 2nd and for virtually the entire 2nd, 4 of them were still there because I knew they would be. You can read this draft pretty well when you look at the depth in it. You can't know exactly who you'll end up with, but you can tier it and work in their tiers really nicely.

Walker went and then Harry followed shortly thereafter to knock me down to 2. One of them is still there and I may take him still.

Harry was a real consideration here had you not finally grabbed him. What I would've preferred there is obviously someone that can complement Hill if he stays clean OR replace him if it doesn't. Well Harry's not quite that guy; he can't replace what Hill provides (Brown's the only guy in the draft that really can, IMO). But he would be an ideal replacement for Watkins long-term. Had he been there, I'd have probably taken him and crossed my fingers hoping Omenihu fell, but with a fallback if he didn't.

Walker came into this round at the top of my board though. He's such an ideal fit here at the Sam that I considered him in the 1st as well. That guy's a ballplayer.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2019 09:17 AM

Yeah, thought that might happen w/ Joejuan. I'm not sure he's the CB prospect many others think he is and I'm not entirely convinced that Spags wants a true press-man, but I'd have given him a shot here had he still been there figuring that he's a natural S transition candidate.

I mean a guy like Thornhill was probably gonna go undrafted but/for being switched to safety. Williams could've done the same thing and been pretty damn highly regarded. Gimme a minute to ponder...

DJ's left nut 03-22-2019 09:33 AM

If Crow didn't like Omenihu, he's really not gonna like this one.

The Chiefs select: Dre'Mont Jones, DT - OSU

I know fellas, no secondary. I get the frustration. I understand many of you think our secondary is a pile of smashed assholes but I don't agree. Moreover, I don't see anyone that's likely to come in and beat out any of our present 3 for a starting role anyway and there's a lot of developmental strength in the secondary in this draft.

Moreover, I don't think that's how Spags intends to run this D. And I think hiring Daly demonstrates exactly the 'strength in volume' approach that the defense is going to utilize in its pass rush.

Jones reminds me a TON of Gerald McCoy. McCoy has never quite made the leap into destroyer of worlds that his draft status said he could be because his anchor just isn't quite elite. Jones has that same problem and perhaps some time in the NFL and additional maturity will help in that regard, but it's not a deal breaker for what I'll be asking of him. He'll never be asked to be an elite run-stopper; Nnadi is perfect in that role for rush downs.

What you have in Jones is now a DL that allows us nearly infinite options in getting after the passer. The ability to twist/stunt, line up in different shades and formations is virtually limitless. This is not your daddy's 'wide nine, bend the edge and get after the QB' sort of pass rush. We're coming from everywhere and we're coming in waves because the depth on this line is now among the best in the leagu

Speak/Okafor, Jones/Nnadi, Jones, Omenihu/K-Pass give the Chiefs a deep, healthy defensive line that can win as soon as the ball is snapped and create havoc beyond merely generating sacks.

I really like the potential this creates and think it fits perfectly with the long-term plan here.

staylor26 03-22-2019 09:41 AM

Sneaky good pick. I’m probably higher on Jones than most, but I told a buddy that he reminds me of Jones in that he’s being overlooked a bit in a strong class of DL.

The signing of Breeland and Williams coming off the board is enough to justify not taking a corner IMO.

RunKC 03-22-2019 09:43 AM

Jones has flashed some and to his credit, he does have really good short area quickness...but I’ll be honest here...he scares me.

I see a bit of Breeland Speaks in him.

TambaBerry 03-22-2019 09:45 AM

I blame you all for letting DJ come back and get the Chiefs

Mother****erJones 03-22-2019 09:46 AM

And still gaping hole at corner. Puke

Mother****erJones 03-22-2019 09:47 AM

I like the picks in round 2. Just hate the 29th pick.

Mother****erJones 03-22-2019 09:48 AM

Joejuan is the bigger, fluid corner that Spags apparently likes. I love Joejuan. Passing on him is going to piss me off

DJ's left nut 03-22-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14174079)
Sneaky good pick. I’m probably higher on Jones than most, but I told a buddy that he reminds me of Jones in that he’s being overlooked a bit in a strong class of DL.

The signing of Breeland and Williams coming off the board is enough to justify not taking a corner IMO.

That was my thought as well; there's so little being said about him and I think people are missing out.

To Run's concerns regarding Speaks potential, I think he's so much more, for lack of a better word, slippery. Speaks may actually be better suited for some kind of 2-gap duty because I don't see a guy there that does a good job making himself little and getting through seams.

That's where Jones really excels. I think at the very worst you have a good interior pass-rusher in a similar mold to Nunez-Roches. His warts are going to be similar to RNR as well in that I think he'll have more snaps that he straight up 'loses' than you'd like to see. RNR was such a splash or nothing player that I can see how people are worried about Jones here as well.

But I love the motor on Jones and the tenacity. I like the raw skills and an innate understanding of how to get himself into space. He's not a perfect player and I'd have liked to see him do a little more at the combine, but the tape is what stands out more than the stopwatch here. The tape shows me a guy who plays faster than he times and who's upside in the right role is immense.

Mother****erJones 03-22-2019 09:51 AM

I definitely think Jones is going to be really damn good.

Like Omenihu but he’s more explosive inside imo

The Franchise 03-22-2019 09:54 AM

Updated.

O.city can **** off.

This is the first time I've been at a damn computer in over 24 hours.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14174090)
Joejuan is the bigger, fluid corner that Spags apparently likes. I love Joejuan. Passing on him is going to piss me off

And I just don't see the 'fluid' side of that statement. He's big, for sure. But I watched him pretty closely during the CB drills and I didn't see a guy who's hips turned nearly as well as I'd like.

And during SEC play (who cares about non-con) he would follow up a nice play by being turned around by smaller, quicker WRs. Let's say we lose Fuller and manage to keep Ward and Breeland, I think we're gonna have a hard time with timing offenses at that point because I think both Williams and Ward will struggle with the same kind of player.

And he looked suuuuper grabby. That's something that becomes an even bigger problem at the next level when these guys have spent years learning how to use their feet to break a press (and coaches have spent hours figuring out how to scheme them into space). I think he'll have penalty issues, especially in the near term.

Like I said, I'd have probably taken him anyway with that Rams pick because I also see a decent fallback option if he doesn't develop his technique to deal with some of those issues. But I'm not crushed by having to take Jones instead.

kccrow 03-22-2019 09:57 AM

With the 64th pick, the New England Patriots select Kahale Warring, TE, San Diego State

Bill gets an heir to Gronk with similar size and athletic traits.