ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317951)

Baby Lee 02-18-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15553973)
says crisis PR rep Juda Engelmayer. “I have clients who are making an extraordinary effort to post what the social left wants to see.”

This has been today's exercise in identifying the heart of the matter.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15556262)
This has been today's exercise in identifying the heart of the matter.

Wrong

Baby Lee 02-18-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15556266)
Wrong

Persuasive rebuttal. . .

But the more accurate phraseology is 'I [Dane] disagree'

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15556309)
Persuasive rebuttal. . .

But the more accurate phraseology is 'I [Dane] disagree'

You believe your the smartest person in the room, regardless of the subject but you're off base, once again.

Even though she was asked more than a dozen times in 2020 to refrain from posting inflammatory remarks on social media, she didn't lose her job. She ignored those requests and continued to post inflammatory remarks for the entire year, despite the fact that both UTA and Disney asked her to stop and didn't lose her job.

She didn't lose didn't lose her job after she posted transphobic remarks nor was she fired for her support of Donald Trump and Conservatives. As a matter of fact, she not only kept her job throughout 2020 and was set to star in her own Star Wars TV series, Rangers of the New Republic, which would have brought wealth beyond her wildest dreams along with legendary Star Wars status.

I know the reason why she lost her job and it was clear the minute she was fired.

So, since you've got this all figured out, tell us, why did she lose her job?

staylor26 02-18-2021 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15556336)
You believe your the smartest person in the room, regardless of the subject but you're off base, once again.

Even though she was asked more than a dozen times in 2020 to refrain from posting inflammatory remarks on social media, she didn't lose her job. She ignored those requests and continued to post inflammatory remarks for the entire year, despite the fact that both UTA and Disney asked her to stop and didn't lose her job.

She didn't lose didn't lose her job after she posted transphobic remarks nor was she fired for her support of Donald Trump and Conservatives. As a matter of fact, she not only kept her job throughout 2020 and was set to star in her own Star Wars TV series, Rangers of the New Republic, which would have brought wealth beyond her wildest dreams along with legendary Star Wars status.

I know the reason why she lost her job and it was clear the minute she was fired.

So, since you've got this all figured out, tell us, why did she lose her job?

Lie.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15556461)
Lie.

Who's lying? And why the **** do you even care? You should have been banned from this thread immediately, especially considering you only had ONE post in this entire thread before her firing.

Your posts are politically motivated and completely clueless.

staylor26 02-18-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15556463)
Who's lying? And why the **** do you even care? You should have been banned from this thread immediately, especially considering you only had ONE post in this entire thread before her firing.

Your posts are politically motivated and completely clueless.

What were her transphobic remarks Dane?

I’ll wait...

staylor26 02-18-2021 05:37 PM

And you should’ve been banned from this site after your racist remarks calling Jason Whitlock an “Uncle Tom”.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15556464)
What were her transphobic remarks Dane?

I’ll wait...

Well first off, I'm not the person claiming they were transphobic. That's what others felt about her posts.

Neither you or I are allowed to determine what's transphobic and what's not transphobic.

And I'll ask again: Why do you care? You had no posts about this subject until she was fired.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15556467)
And you should’ve been banned from this site after your racist remarks calling Jason Whitlock an “Uncle Tom”.

Thanks for continuing to ruin a once great thread and as usual, pulling "Whataboutism" out of your ass.

staylor26 02-18-2021 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15556470)
Thanks for continuing to ruin a once great thread and as usual, pulling "Whataboutism" out of your ass.

You couldn’t come off as more of a pussy if you tried.

I wouldn’t want anybody bringing up my racist outburst if I had one either.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15556471)
You couldn’t come off as more of a pussy if you tried.

I wouldn’t want anybody bringing up my racist outburst if I had one either.

This isn't the DC. If you're not going to post about the series, please leave this thread.

staylor26 02-18-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15556473)
This isn't the DC.

I haven’t said one thing about politics.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15556474)
I haven’t said one thing about politics.

LMAO

Playing dumb suits you quite well.

staylor26 02-18-2021 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15556475)
LMAO

Playing dumb suits you quite well.

I called the claim that she made “transphobic remarks” a lie.

That has nothing to do with politics. It’s just a correction of a false claim.

DaneMcCloud 02-18-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15556478)
I called the claim that she made “transphobic remarks” a lie.

That has nothing to do with politics. It’s just a correction of a false claim.

I didn't make the claim and it was in no way, false.

All of your posts in this thread have been political in nature. Without them, you would have zero posts in this thread because you didn't care about this series until she was fired.

And if using the phrase "Uncle Tom" was not allowed in the TOS or violated the TOS, I agree that I should have been banned from that thread.

But it's not and I wasn't.

staylor26 02-18-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15556484)
I didn't make the claim and it was in no way, false.

All of your posts in this thread have been political in nature. Without them, you would have zero posts in this thread because you didn't care about this series until she was fired.

And if using the phrase "Uncle Tom" was not allowed in the TOS or violated the TOS, I agree that I should have been banned from that thread.

But it's not and I wasn't.

This is absolutely disingenuous.

I didn’t start the discussion, as it was already happening when I came into the thread. I went to the DC to discuss it and there wasn’t a thread, so I came here and found that there was a discussion already going on.

Also, I did have a post in this thread before her firing and I check it regularly as I’m a fan of the show.

I also had one after that had nothing to do with politics (recasting).

It’s pretty obvious I’m a fan of the show regardless of your attempt to make it seem like I only care about the politics of her firing. 99% of my post history isn’t in the DC or even remotely political.

I’m a moderate and the only time I even discuss politics is in relation to the culture war. I don’t care about Republican vs. Democrat. I care about woke ideology ruining our culture and the blatant double standard that this story is the epitome of.

duncan_idaho 02-18-2021 06:44 PM

Are you trans, staylor?

If not, you don’t get to determine what is and what isn’t transphobic. The affected community gets to comment on what is offensive/phobic to them

Trans people considered the “bleep/bloop/bloop” tweet Carano made transphobic ... which was right on the heels of Pascal updating his Twitter profile to include his preferred pronouns in support of his sibling.

It’s not a lie. You just don’t agree with that community’s right to speak out when speech is hurtful to them.

staylor26 02-18-2021 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15556550)
Are you trans, staylor?

If not, you don’t get to determine what is and what isn’t transphobic. The affected community gets to comment on what is offensive/phobic to them

Trans people considered the “bleep/bloop/bloop” tweet Carano made transphobic ... which was right on the heels of Pascal updating his Twitter profile to include his preferred pronouns in support of his sibling.

It’s not a lie. You just don’t agree with that community’s right to speak out when speech is hurtful to them.

LMAO

What a load of shit. Spoken like somebody who bows to the mob at every turn like a good little straight white male. I’m just going to say we can agree to disagree about that and leave it there.

I’ll ask you this though. Does this same rule apply to white straight males? Are women, gays, trans, and Blacks no longer allowed to tell white straight males how to feel about things said to or about them?

“Transphobic remarks” implies she actually said something bad about trans people. She did something they didn’t like. Words have meaning.

duncan_idaho 02-18-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15556559)
LMAO

What a load of shit. Spoken like somebody who bows to the mob at every turn like a good little straight white male. I’m just going to say we can agree to disagree about that and leave it there.

I’ll ask you this though. Does this same rule apply to white straight males? Are women, gays, trans, and Blacks no longer allowed to tell white straight males how to feel about things said to or about them?

“Transphobic remarks” implies she actually said something bad about trans people. She did something they didn’t like. Words have meaning.

Nah.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t “get” the transgender thing (and who struggles with it as a grammarian) but who does have a family member he loves who is trans, whom he has talked with this at length about to try to understand and be supportive and loving (all my family member wants).

The pronoun issue IS perceived as transphobic when people willfully mock it or refuse to acknowledge preference. That’s what her tweet - written remarks - did.

It comes across like an attack of their identity.

staylor26 02-18-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15556570)
Nah.

Spoken like someone who doesn’t “get” the transgender thing (and who struggles with it as a grammarian) but who does have a family member he loves who is trans, whom he has talked with this at length about to try to understand and be supportive and loving (all my family member wants).

The pronoun issue IS perceived as transphobic when people willfully mock it or refuse to acknowledge preference. That’s what her tweet - written remarks - did.

It comes across like an attack of their identity.

If you want to say she “mocked” them, I’d agree. “Transphobic remark” implies something different.

Also, she did it in response to the Twitter mob trying to force her to put pronouns in her bio. Who are they to tell a woman what to do on her Twitter?

I find it hilarious that the same people that want to tell people they aren’t allowed to have an opinion because of skin color, gender, or sexual orientation are the same ones trying to dictate how everybody else speaks and acts to the point of telling them what they must do in their own Twitter bio.

There’s no logical consistency here from their side, and you don’t get to tell me or anybody else what they can or can’t have an opinion on just because you choose to bow to them.

I have a trans family member as well. I don’t have a problem with trans people at all.

I’d go as far as to say that most of the people that get outraged about this kind of stuff aren’t even trans anyways. It’s just FLWNJ’s. Those are the people I take issue with, regardless of skin color, gender, or sexual orientation.

Baby Lee 02-19-2021 05:35 AM

This shit isn't even 'political' anymore, so much as it is psychological.

Language is a consensus for communication. It's an evolution of vocal vibrations into commonly agreed meaning.

Here you have two incompatible concepts;
The right of every person to determine and express what is acceptable or offensive to them
And the consensus of all as to the meaning of expressions.

Asserting that some speech [ambiguously defined] is offensive to an assertive group, and that no one else has any say in the merits of that assertion, is weaponization of language.

This is true at one level when you say 'don't broach this subject.' It gets exponentially more valid and pressing when you delve into 'you must broach this subject, and further must do it in this particular manner.'

Your point is 'expression of pronouns' is important for some people. But that doesn't mandate it be important for all people. The expression started unimportant to Gina, then she was pressured to express herself publicly, then she replied by demonstrating her indifference in a public expression, then her mandated expression of indifference was interpreted as hostility.

This isn't mutual respect, it's mandated capitulation and demanded expression of celebration through the weaponization of the subjectivity of discourse.

Easy 6 02-20-2021 03:17 PM

Caught up to episode 5 of season two last night, and yeah man this show just keeps getting better and better

And as Dane says, the FX on season two are even better... which is saying something

My bud said The Passenger episode might bore me a bit, but it really didn't at all... loved the ice spiders, that whole set piece sure seemed like an Aliens tribute of sorts, it was very well done

The Jedi episode 5 was definitely a favorite, loooved it... can't wait for episode 6 since as my bud put it "you're not gonna BELIEVE who shows up in that one"

I'm gonna guess Lando Calrissian, but I'm sure to be thrilled with whoever it is

Finally, one last note on Gina Carano... there is not one thing she posted that is anti-semitic in any conceivable way

Hamfisted and over the top a bit? sure I'll buy that, but anti-semitic? No ****ing chance

The old Hollywood, WWII serving tough guys like Bronson, Marvin, Stewart, etc must be rolling in their graves at just how far left that town has become

Lastly, thank you mods for allowing some of these politicized conversations to take place in this thread outside of DC... everyone said their piece, but it never actually derailed the thread

Easy 6 02-20-2021 05:50 PM

Really tough to overstate just how great the VFX have become in season 2

It just jumps out at you, its as close to 3D as anything will ever come on a standard HD tv... in a word, Immersive

staylor26 02-20-2021 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15558746)

It just jumps out at you, its as close to 3D as anything will ever come on a standard HD tv... in a word, Immersive

It’s a beautiful show to watch on a nice TV.

All of these Disney shows are movie level production, and I think it’s going to to change the game.

Easy 6 02-20-2021 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15558894)
It’s a beautiful show to watch on a nice TV.

All of these Disney shows are movie level production, and I think it’s going to to change the game.

My work buddy gave me his spare roku that supposedly gets Disney+, haven't jacked around with it yet... but it will be operational by the time season 3 rolls around for sure

Its definitely GoT, Sopranos level television

DaneMcCloud 02-20-2021 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15558746)

It's due to The Volume, which is a massive LED screen that's also 20 foot high that encompasses the stages. The VFX are done before the actors shoot and when the actors move, the background moves with them and doesn't stay static. It's amazing tech that Favreau initially used on The Jungle Book followed by the Lion King. And the LED walls will continue to improve over time as well.

Sony just jumped into this tech as well, ordering their own Volume, so this is really the beginning of something that will change the industry forever.

That said, I'm totally with you on the VFX in S2. :D

Baby Lee 02-21-2021 08:48 AM

"The problem here is you offered a logical answer to an emotional question"

Hammock Parties 02-21-2021 01:11 PM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...e6&oe=605A331C

Bowser 02-21-2021 03:15 PM

LMAO

Just Passin' By 02-22-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15556550)
Are you trans, staylor?

That is what is known in the real world as complete bullshit. And trying to blend "transphobic" with "offensive" is a shit maneuver.

Be better than that.

Easy 6 02-27-2021 09:15 AM

Finished up season two last night, those last three episodes were just awesome

Clay had to have busted nuts all over his living room seeing Boba Fett brought back to life... I sure didn't see that coming, still trying to figure out how he escaped the Sarlacc but somehow left his armor behind

And even though I knew he would appear in the finale, seeing young Luke back in action practically brought a tear to my eye

Can't wait for season 3, and sheesh is it gonna be a looong wait... didn't know until last night that its not coming out for well over a year :shake:

Hammock Parties 02-27-2021 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15566078)
Clay had to have busted nuts all over his living room seeing Boba Fett brought back to life...

I made this to honor him.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f1A7lF8hbMs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sure-Oz 03-01-2021 05:29 PM

Please please please.

https://thedirect.com/article/star-w...e-new-republic

Star Wars: Gina Carano's Cara Dune Rumored To Be Replaced By Hera Syndulla For Rangers Series

DaneMcCloud 03-01-2021 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 15568340)
Please please please.

https://thedirect.com/article/star-w...e-new-republic

Star Wars: Gina Carano's Cara Dune Rumored To Be Replaced By Hera Syndulla For Rangers Series

I heard they were considering this last week but it was just "under consideration" and wasn't set in stone, but I'd love to see it as well.

I hope they allow Vanessa Marshall to play Hera, just as I hope they hire Tia Sircar for the Ahsoka series but so far, it's been really quiet on the casting front.

Vanessa lives in my neighborhood but I haven't seen her since before COVID. If I happen to run into her, I'll be sure to ask but at 51, she may be considered too old for the part.

Sure-Oz 03-01-2021 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15568363)
I heard they were considering this last week but it was just "under consideration" and wasn't set in stone, but I'd love to see it as well.

I hope they allow Vanessa Marshall to play Hera, just as I hope they hire Tia Sircar for the Ahsoka series but so far, it's been really quiet on the casting front.

Vanessa lives in my neighborhood but I haven't seen her since before COVID. If I happen to run into her, I'll be sure to ask but at 51, she may be considered too old for the part.

Oh man that would be so cool. I would've also thought it'd be no doubt for Hera to show up anyway maybe that rogue squadron movie if anything.

keg in kc 03-02-2021 08:12 AM

Hera isn't exactly young at the time of the series. Older actress would make sense.

Tribal Warfare 03-02-2021 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15568712)
Hera isn't exactly young at the time of the series. Older actress would make sense.

Different species she could age differently (slower)

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15568712)

At age 51, the casting of Vanessa Marshall as Live-Action Hera would also mean that Hera (and Kanan, for that matter) are considerably older, by as much as a decade or more, than their characters appear in the animated series.

I always thought that Kanan and Hera were early 30's at their oldest, especially considering that Ezra and Sabine were somewhere around age 19 when the series concluded.

But with all of that said, the actor portrayal of Hera could be of any age past 32 or so because there will be a serious amount of makeup necessary, so it may not even matter in the end.

But considering it's Disney+ Star Wars, I have a feeling that they'll cast a much bigger star than Marshall, who's mainly known for her Voice Acting roles and not Live-Action.

Buehler445 03-02-2021 03:16 PM

That’s some exciting news. They did some really compelling stuff with her character in Rebels. A lot more depth (albeit with far more screen time) than Cara Dune.

As long as they pretty much stick to the nature of the character from Rebels it should be a good story. It will be interesting to see her character (as a Rebel) AFTER the Rebellion. As they did with Ahsoka.

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15569401)
That’s some exciting news. They did some really compelling stuff with her character in Rebels. A lot more depth (albeit with far more screen time) than Cara Dune.

As long as they pretty much stick to the nature of the character from Rebels it should be a good story. It will be interesting to see her character (as a Rebel) AFTER the Rebellion. As they did with Ahsoka.

It also opens up the possibility of Hera and Kanan's son, Jacen, receiving Jedi training from either Ahsoka or Luke Skywalker.

Buehler445 03-02-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15569408)
It also opens up the possibility of Hera and Kanan's son, Jacen, receiving Jedi training from either Ahsoka or Luke Skywalker.

Do what now? I didn’t know Hera and Kanan had a kid. Was that in that post script portion of the last episode?

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2021 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15569459)
Do what now? I didn’t know Hera and Kanan had a kid. Was that in that post script portion of the last episode?

Yeah, it's part of the Epilogue narrated by Sabine, after she mentions that Hera fought in the Battle of Endor, as did Commander Rex.

She says "We have a new member of the crew of the Ghost, Spector 7, Jacen Syndulla. Born to fly, just like his mother and well, we all know what his father was like".

I took that to mean that he has a connection with The Force but of course, that could just me projecting.

Buehler445 03-02-2021 08:23 PM

How do I not remember that?

DaneMcCloud 03-02-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15569821)
How do I not remember that?

I don't know, man. :D

I re-watched a bunch of Ahsoka episodes in Rebels recently because I had almost completely forgotten that she didn't appear in Season 3 at all and didn't show up until the "World Between Worlds" episode at the end of Season 4. Ezra's final words to Ahsoka were "Find Me".

Ahsoka didn't even speak in the series Finale, either. She was just shown waiting by the ship that was taking her and Sabine on their journey to find Ezra.

I'm more stoked than ever to see them search for Ezra in a Live-Action format.

Sure-Oz 03-02-2021 08:46 PM

I was watched all of rebels about 2 months ago after clone wars and absolutely love it. I love it so much I got the kanan comics with their first appearances. I'll definitely dork out when they are live action.

Buehler445 03-02-2021 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15569838)
I don't know, man. :D

I re-watched a bunch of Ahsoka episodes in Rebels recently because I had almost completely forgotten that she didn't appear in Season 3 at all and didn't show up until the "World Between Worlds" episode at the end of Season 4. Ezra's final words to Ahsoka were "Find Me".

Ahsoka didn't even speak in the series Finale, either. She was just shown waiting by the ship that was taking her and Sabine on their journey to find Ezra.

I'm more stoked than ever to see them search for Ezra in a Live-Action format.

It’s because I’m a dunce Dane :D

I should do the same.

Hammock Parties 03-07-2021 06:00 AM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f5&oe=606B2C96

Tribal Warfare 04-16-2021 09:49 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheMandalorian?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheMandalorian</a>&#39;s cast was initially told that the Season 2 finale cameo was going to be an appearance from Jedi <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/PloKoon?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#PloKoon</a>, reveals <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BoKatan?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BoKatan</a> actress <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/KateeSackhoff?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#KateeSackhoff</a>! Details: <a href="https://t.co/yGBrYuDkGJ">https://t.co/yGBrYuDkGJ</a> <a href="https://t.co/PFTc9NFOdo">pic.twitter.com/PFTc9NFOdo</a></p>&mdash; Star Wars - The Direct (@StarWars_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/StarWars_Direct/status/1383079257249828866?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 16, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Easy 6 04-16-2021 10:59 AM

I literally sat there grinning from ear to ear like an enrapt 10 year old seeing young Luke back in action

Chiefspants 04-16-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15630815)
I literally sat there grinning from ear to ear like an enrapt 10 year old seeing young Luke back in action

I still watch this probably twice a month. The reactions at the Green Saber reveal are iconic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GZV7IT4oEes" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 04-16-2021 11:33 AM

Yep, that was some magical tv

Tribal Warfare 06-10-2021 08:25 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Mandalorian Season 3 will reportedly premiere later than expected, with The Book of Boba Fett serving as &#39;The Mandalorian Season 2.5.&#39;<a href="https://t.co/dCAoPSxmcY">https://t.co/dCAoPSxmcY</a> <a href="https://t.co/5lUKB5twGw">pic.twitter.com/5lUKB5twGw</a></p>&mdash; Comic Book Resources (@CBR) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1402993827850293248?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 10, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

unlurking 06-10-2021 08:39 AM

Darn. Was hoping to see both this year.

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2021 01:03 PM

My from understanding, Season 3 of the Mandalorian won't premiere until Q4 of 2022.

Filming on season three isn't likely to begin before the end of the year due to Pascal's commitment to his upcoming HBO series and the fact that the Obi Wan series begins shooting on the same soundstage very soon.

unlurking 06-10-2021 04:40 PM

Ouch. Didn't realize it was going to be a full year delay. :(

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 15704100)
Ouch. Didn't realize it was going to be a full year delay. :(

I don't think it's a delay as much as it was their plan. Andor is filming in London while Obi Wan is just getting started in Long Beach.

Lucasfilm has basically around 4 months to finish Post Production on The Book of Boba Fett and once that's completed, they'll start Post work on Obi Wan, with The Mandalorian filming beginning in January.

The good thing is that there will be a massive amount of new Disney+ content coming in 2022 but the wait is going to suck.

Deberg_1990 06-10-2021 05:57 PM

I read Pascal will be busy filming ‘Last of Us’. And they could potentially have another actor fill in and have Pascal do the voice overs later on.

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15704199)
I read Pascal will be busy filming ‘Last of Us’. And they could potentially have another actor fill in and have Pascal do the voice overs later on.

Yeah but that's not really what's at issue. The issue is that The Volume soundstage in Long Beach is booked solid until around February of 2022.

Disney is building another Volume in Atlanta but I haven't heard an estimated finish time. It's going to be busy as well with all of the upcoming Marvel series that will also utilize the tech.

And FWIW, Brendon Wayne, John's grandson, has appeared as the Mandalorian in armor as much or more than Pedro, so they could film without him and do pickup shots later.

Deberg_1990 06-10-2021 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15704208)
Yeah but that's not really what's at issue. The issue is that The Volume soundstage in Long Beach is booked solid until around February of 2022.

Disney is building another Volume in Atlanta but I haven't heard an estimated finish time. It's going to be busy as well with all of the upcoming Marvel series that will also utilize the tech.

And FWIW, Brendon Wayne, John's grandson, has appeared as the Mandalorian in armor as much or more than Pedro, so they could film without him and do pickup shots later.

Interesting. That Volume tech is absolutely amazing. A real game changer.

Stryker 06-10-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15704115)
I don't think it's a delay as much as it was their plan. Andor is filming in London while Obi Wan is just getting started in Long Beach.

Lucasfilm has basically around 4 months to finish Post Production on The Book of Boba Fett and once that's completed, they'll start Post work on Obi Wan, with The Mandalorian filming beginning in January.

The good thing is that there will be a massive amount of new Disney+ content coming in 2022 but the wait is going to suck.

Man thank you so much for the updates! :thumb:

DaneMcCloud 06-10-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15704224)
Interesting. That Volume tech is absolutely amazing. A real game changer.

Sony ordered a version for their lot recently, too.

It's the biggest game changer since Lucas invented digital editing.

Hammock Parties 06-11-2021 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15630852)
I still watch this probably twice a month. The reactions at the Green Saber reveal are iconic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GZV7IT4oEes" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:)

I covered my mouth when the X-Wing showed up and then just silently smiled as tears ran down my cheeks.

duncan_idaho 06-11-2021 07:09 AM

One X-Wing?

Great. We’re saved.

Bowser 06-11-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15704614)
:)

I covered my mouth when the X-Wing showed up and then just silently smiled as tears ran down my cheeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15704638)
One X-Wing?

Great. We’re saved.

I knew instantly when the X-Wing showed up. Couldn't believe they did it at the time.

Tribal Warfare 06-11-2021 02:37 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Temuera Morrison says &#39;The Book of Boba Fett&#39; will explore the bounty hunter&#39;s past<br><br>&quot;We’re going to see [where] he’s been since The Empire Strikes Back&quot;<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RottenTomatoes</a>) <a href="https://t.co/3sKYd3iMhp">pic.twitter.com/3sKYd3iMhp</a></p>&mdash; Culture Crave 🍿 (@CultureCrave) <a href="https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1403423198608171012?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser 06-11-2021 02:42 PM

He's been in the Sarlaac Pit. Roll credits.

DaneMcCloud 06-11-2021 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15705227)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Temuera Morrison says &#39;The Book of Boba Fett&#39; will explore the bounty hunter&#39;s past<br><br>&quot;We’re going to see [where] he’s been since The Empire Strikes Back&quot;<br><br>(via <a href="https://twitter.com/RottenTomatoes?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RottenTomatoes</a>) <a href="https://t.co/3sKYd3iMhp">pic.twitter.com/3sKYd3iMhp</a></p>&mdash; Culture Crave �� (@CultureCrave) <a href="https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1403423198608171012?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 11, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That could be really cool! Maybe they'll show him tracking down more bounties or the reason(s) why he walked into Jabba's old palace and wiped everyone out.

There is SO much potential with series and I'm really stoked to see how it shakes out, especially with Robert Rodriguez at the helm.

What he did with Boba in Episode 6 of Season 2 was freaking amazing.

Sorce 06-11-2021 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15705238)
He's been in the Sarlaac Pit. Roll credits.

They never mentioned that bounty hunters frequently carry a vial of ipecac for emergencies.

Hammock Parties 06-11-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15705149)
I knew instantly when the X-Wing showed up. Couldn't believe they did it at the time.

Thought it was a misdirect at first and then I saw the cloak.

No other cloak looks like that.

Deberg_1990 06-25-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15704245)
Sony ordered a version for their lot recently, too.

It's the biggest game changer since Lucas invented digital editing.

So I just go back from Universal Orlando.

I watched the Bourne Stunt spectacular live show. What was interesting was that they used a similar tech as the volume as the backgrounds during the show. They had the live actors/stuntmen performing on some real props but the background was this large circular HD screen that would move and change perspective for the audience. That would simulate movement to the audience. It was so very cool!

Tribal Warfare 07-03-2021 07:15 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Mandalorian Actor Says Season 3 Will Be More Like Season 1<a href="https://t.co/jlslBb5VKz">https://t.co/jlslBb5VKz</a> <a href="https://t.co/5szMJ0asj9">pic.twitter.com/5szMJ0asj9</a></p>&mdash; ComicBook NOW! (@ComicBookNOW) <a href="https://twitter.com/ComicBookNOW/status/1411487978648588290?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 4, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spoiler!

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-14-2021 01:05 PM

https://insidethemagic.net/2021/10/g...season-4-rwb1/

Gina back for season 4

Buehler445 11-14-2021 01:07 PM

LOL WTF?

She's not evil...whatever it was they were mad about... anymore?

Chiefspants 11-14-2021 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15952622)
LOL WTF?

She's not evil...whatever it was they were mad about... anymore?

It's more likely that Favreau, who has always been a staunch supporter of hers from the beginning, was forced to make the casting move against his wishes from the mouse but finally won out through attrition.

Buehler445 11-14-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 15952641)
It's more likely that Favreau, who has always been a staunch supporter of hers from the beginning, was forced to make the casting move against his wishes from the mouse but finally won out through attrition.

I never understand cancel culture.

DJ's left nut 11-17-2021 04:24 PM

That's all pretty heavy in rumor mongering - not sure I'd take it as any sort of article of faith.

Tribal Warfare 11-24-2021 05:11 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dope. (I’m too old to say that, aren’t I?) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheMandalorian?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheMandalorian</a> <a href="https://t.co/k0gNQhms0g">pic.twitter.com/k0gNQhms0g</a></p>&mdash; Pedro Pascal he/him (@PedroPascal1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/1463270345339809798?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lawrenceRaider 11-24-2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15974245)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dope. (I’m too old to say that, aren’t I?) <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheMandalorian?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheMandalorian</a> <a href="https://t.co/k0gNQhms0g">pic.twitter.com/k0gNQhms0g</a></p>&mdash; Pedro Pascal he/him (@PedroPascal1) <a href="https://twitter.com/PedroPascal1/status/1463270345339809798?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well, TBF, he's far too old to be playing the pronoun game as well . . .

BigRedChief 07-14-2022 09:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">‘Gremlins’ Director Slams Baby Yoda as ‘Completely Stolen’ and ‘Shamelessly’ Copied <a href="https://t.co/isvC5uAV5k">https://t.co/isvC5uAV5k</a></p>&mdash; Variety (@Variety) <a href="https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1547696114194731009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>