ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

BWillie 03-25-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11402281)
Yep. I think Gus should come in at the end of Season 2/Beginning of Season 3.

Watching Gus face off against a pre-stroke Hector Salamanca would have BB fans lubing up across the country.

They might actually want to wait, & give Gus Fring his own show depending on how BCS does, which appears to be going very well so far. They debated initially where to do a spin off of "Better Call Saul" or "The Rise of Gus"

notorious 03-25-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 11403047)
Jimmy's pretty lawyer friend.....man....she gonna die. I just know it! and I'm thinking THAT is what creates Saul. pushes him out of the good guy box.

She gets fired, adds a few pounds and becomes Saul's secretary in Breaking Bad.

I kid, I kid. :D

Chiefspants 03-25-2015 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 11403329)
They might actually want to wait, & give Gus Fring his own show depending on how BCS does, which appears to be going very well so far. They debated initially where to do a spin off of "Better Call Saul" or "The Rise of Gus"

Los Pollos Hermanos!

Gonzo 03-25-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 11402259)
why do you say that?

Mikey is gonna be riding dirty. He's going to need a serious cash infusion, (obviously) and we all know where it ends up going. It might take a few more episodes but I'd expect a Gus appearance before too long.

Chiefspants 03-25-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11403423)
Mikey is gonna be riding dirty. He's going to need a serious cash infusion, (obviously) and we all know where it ends up going. It might take a few more episodes but I'd expect a Gus appearance before too long.

I'm with you, but I think it would be better for the show's longevity if they held out on that storyline as long as possible.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-25-2015 05:18 PM

I think it is highly unlikely that Gilligan would create a universe wherein a crooked vet could introduce a guy who is a few weeks off a train to the biggest meth kingpin in the American Southwest upon a single mention.

Gonzo 03-25-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 11403464)
I'm with you, but I think it would be better for the show's longevity if they held out on that storyline as long as possible.

That's one thing about the writers... I don't think they really give a shit about longevity. I seem to recall them saying BB wasn't originally forecasted to last as long as it did.
This is probably the best show on TV IMO and I hope it goes 5-6 seasons like BB. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them wrap it up in 4 though.

Buehler445 03-25-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11403503)
I think it is highly unlikely that Gilligan would create a universe wherein a crooked vet could introduce a guy who is a few weeks off a train to the biggest meth kingpin in the American Southwest upon a single mention.

Agreed

MahiMike 03-25-2015 06:15 PM

Last episode was the best one so far. Saul's $20M dream just died when Chuck went outside. Course, what did they think by asking to go to trial? Chuck can't leave the house. Can't even go to court via Skype.

Zebedee DuBois 03-25-2015 06:19 PM

I don't think Saul ever met Fring in BB. I'm not sure he even knew how heavily Mike was working for Gus. He just new Mike as an effective Private Investigator. It was only as Walter started stirring up things that Mike's split loyalties, or employers, became known.

RobBlake 03-25-2015 06:27 PM

i would be interesting to see how Mike gets involved with Fring.. like how deep does mike go for that? really interesting

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-25-2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 11403563)
Last episode was the best one so far. Saul's $20M dream just died when Chuck went outside. Course, what did they think by asking to go to trial? Chuck can't leave the house. Can't even go to court via Skype.

Jimmy did not ask for $20 million, Chuck did. Chuck's demand is what pushed the negotiation to the precipice of a trial.

Also, Chuck going outside did not kill the dream. Jimmy seeing Chuck triggered Chuck's meta-awareness of his conjured condition. Chuck's issue is one of perception.

RobBlake 03-25-2015 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 11403774)
Jimmy did not ask for $20 million, Chuck did. Chuck's demand is what pushed the negotiation to the precipice of a trial.

Also, Chuck going outside did not kill the dream. Jimmy seeing Chuck triggered Chuck's meta-awareness of his conjured condition. Chuck's issue is one of perception.

Jimmy is perhaps the cause or large part of his condition

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-25-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobBlake (Post 11403781)
Jimmy is perhaps the cause or large part of his condition

I don't see how you could reach that conclusion.

Chuck has a phobia of electromagnetism that stems from his perception of its presence, not it actually being there, as indicated by the doctor turning on the hospital bed.

It isn't an issue of hypersensitivity; also, given what we've seen in flashbacks, it is obvious that Jimmy and Chuck A) were not close (given their conversation in Chicago) and B) that Jimmy was nothing other than responsible, working his way through law school and passing the bar while also working in the mail room of HHM.

Given that, how could Jimmy have caused Chuck's condition? It appears far more likely that Chuck works in a high stress job and likely suffered some form of stress-induced psychotic break that manifests itself as a fear of electromagnetism.

eDave 03-25-2015 09:52 PM

They emphasized the copy code scene a bit too much for my tastes. I'd have liked that foreshadowing to be a bit more subtle.

HHM can't use copy machines for personal use?

/not a lawyer.