ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2019 Nascar thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321371)

Abba-Dabba 06-22-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15031965)
No but with the lack of access makes it more likely an inside job than just "some local redneck racist" kind of bullshit. Like I said critical thinking.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

https://www.talladegasuperspeedway.c...xperience.aspx

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031933)
Answer the question. False flags generally have a reason behind them that will benefit somebody or something. What was the reason here?

I don't know, why did Jossie Smollete pay two actor friends to "beat him up" and then blame it on racist white guys?

Lets not act like there isn't a history of this stuff happening.

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15031852)
Is there any proof that this may be another Smollet situation?

Since we know absolutely nothing, the answer is "who knows".

You can't rule it out until we get facts.

Abba-Dabba 06-22-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031977)
I don't know, why did Jossie Smollete pay two actor friends to "beat him up" and then blame it on racist white guys?

Are you accusing Bubba Wallace of hiring someone to plant a noose in his garage stall?

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031977)

I'm guessing it had something to do with getting him into the media spotlight and elevating his mediocre career. What exact benefit does NASCAR and/or Bubba Wallace derive from this shit?

Quote:

Other than that isolated example, what specifically are you talking about?

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031943)

Just because some idiot actor wanted to elevate his career one time doesn't mean we assume every racist act going forward is somehow a false flag.

I don't think anyone is assuming that.

What people are saying is, don't assume that it ISN'T. Just wait.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15031965)
No but with the lack of access makes it more likely an inside job than just "some local redneck racist" kind of bullshit. Like I said critical thinking.

So it was either some local redneck racist or some redneck racist working on a team within NASCAR. I'm not exactly sure why this difference would matter.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031986)
I don't think anyone is assuming that.

What people are saying is, don't assume that it ISN'T. Just wait.

It stands to reason that it was not a false flag in this instance (I'm still waiting to hear from anybody how NASCAR and/or Wallace would derive any benefit from this incident happening). Unless and until there is evidence to prove differently, there's little reason not to think this was a racist act.

vailpass 06-22-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031933)
Answer the question. False flags generally have a reason behind them that will benefit somebody or something. What was the reason here?

You're kidding, right?

ToxSocks 06-22-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031984)
I'm guessing it had something to do with getting him into the media spotlight and elevating his mediocre career. What exact benefit does NASCAR and/or Bubba Wallace derive from this shit?

Other than that isolated example, what specifically are you talking about?

Mediocre career? He was a star on one of Fox's most successful minority shows to date. Don't give me that shit.

And why do you assume he did it for his career and not his cause (Smollete)?

And who said Wallace did it? I never once assumed it was Wallace or his camp. It very well could be some over-righteous BLM activist looking to stoke the racial flames.

I'm not ruling out that it's some racist redneck pissed about Wallace's protesting.

I'm just also not ruling out that it's some extremist that wants to create chaos to continue forcing the issue.

Chief Roundup 06-22-2020 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 15031976)

It has already been released that they did not sell any this year for this race.

vailpass 06-22-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031980)
Since we know absolutely nothing, the answer is "who knows".

You can't rule it out until we get facts.

Always the correct answer.

vailpass 06-22-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15031989)
So it was either some local redneck racist or some redneck racist working on a team within NASCAR. I'm not exactly sure why this difference would matter.

Wut?

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15031995)
Mediocre career? He was a star on one of Fox's most successful minority shows to date. Don't give me that shit.

I suppose we're getting into the semantics of "mediocre," but I didn't have a clue who he was and I'm guessing many others didn't either. Elevating himself into the spotlight like that would only have helped.

Quote:

And why do you assume he did it for his career and not his cause (Smollete)?
I tend to question the motivations of people who do disgraceful shit like he did.

Quote:

And who said Wallace did it? I never once assumed it was Wallace or his camp. It very well could be some over-righteous BLM activist looking to stoke the racial flames.
There's a ton of over-righteous BLM activists just walking around in NASCAR pits, are there? LMAO

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the best one.

KC_Connection 06-22-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 15032002)
Wut?

You're right, it's just as likely it was a false flag as it was some racist guy upset NASCAR did away with his precious Confederate flag the week before. We should totally consider every option equally.