ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

Chief Northman 03-21-2019 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14173636)
Guys, this is kind of why I suggested somebody else run the thing this year so that we could have three people updating the thread and keeping things going. On a day like today where Pest and I were out for most of it, things could get backed up.

For example, that's what's going to happen to me tomorrow again, where I'm only able to check in once or twice and basically just to make my own picks over my phone.

Think about it for next year. Just because you start the thread doesn't mean you have to be married to it as long as we get multiple people working on it.

Thanks for the upkeep.

Life happens. This is just an escape for all of us, and in the end is a vehicle for us to critique, justify and share all our “hot takes” and football genius with fellow fans. Some good-natured ribbing won’t hurt anyone either, and this place is more enjoyable than that shitshow thread about Tyreek Hill in the Lounge.

Sacc would approve of your efforts here SNR.

RealSNR 03-21-2019 09:10 PM

Apparently Andy Reid taught the Giants how to piss off Goodell, because they also have to forfeit a 3rd round pick.

I gave that pick its own number for the ease of copying/pasting. If that's not how it "officially" works, then... oh well.

Chargem 03-22-2019 02:17 AM

The cowboys select Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

staylor26 03-22-2019 05:40 AM

The Indianapolis Colts select N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona St.

Simply just too good of a value to pass up at this point, especially when your #2 WR is Funchess who’s on a 1 year deal. Adding Houston yesterday definitely made this an easier decision.

staylor26 03-22-2019 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14173681)
Apparently Andy Reid taught the Giants how to piss off Goodell, because they also have to forfeit a 3rd round pick.

I gave that pick its own number for the ease of copying/pasting. If that's not how it "officially" works, then... oh well.

I believe that’s because they took somebody in the 3rd round of the supplemental draft last year.

Mother****erJones 03-22-2019 06:44 AM

Look at how the board fell, that’s why taking a center isn’t my preference

TambaBerry 03-22-2019 06:46 AM

yeah the giants took sam beal in the supplemental draft last year

RunKC 03-22-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14173869)
Look at how the board fell, that’s why taking a center isn’t my preference

We’ve looked at Connor McGovern, who can step in immediately bc he has ready made strength and experience. Given the way this thing has turned out, I don’t see how anyone can disagree with DJ that Garrett Bradbury is the best talent that was available.

No biggie if you don’t like pick. We all know that Veach is gonna trade up for someone anyway.

O.city 03-22-2019 08:29 AM

What a cluster****

Snr get your shit together

Chief Northman 03-22-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14173970)
We’ve looked at Connor McGovern, who can step in immediately bc he has ready made strength and experience. Given the way this thing has turned out, I don’t see how anyone can disagree with DJ that Garrett Bradbury is the best talent that was available.

No biggie if you don’t like pick. We all know that Veach is gonna trade up for someone anyway.

Although this is likely, I'm not a fan of giving up the ammo necessary to do so. The fact the Chiefs are picking at the bottom of rounds means more capital has to be given to move up to the middle, let alone the top of rounds. They really have to go BPA as much as possible as there are too many holes/questions marks with this roster coming of an AFCCG appearance.

Get your stud FS at #29, because one will be there (Adderly, Thornhill, Gardner-Johnson if need be), then get some sneaky good pass rushers in Rounds 2-5 (Omenihu, Ximines, Walker, Ray, Allen, Winovich). I'm not trading up for a guy like Polite (red flags), and the cost will be too steep for Ferrell, Sweat, Burns. I also think you can get some solid linebackers in that 2-5 round range that can impact immediately: Joseph, Hanks, Pratt, etc.

Sfeihc 03-22-2019 08:35 AM

Fresh off their dinner with him at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse before his pro day the Los Angeles Chargers select Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina.

staylor26 03-22-2019 08:36 AM

I think the way the board has fallen kinda justifies it if anything.

There’s still a CB and DE on the board that would be perfect fits for us.

DJ's left nut 03-22-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14173989)
I think the way the board has fallen kinda justifies it if anything.

There’s still a CB and DE on the board that would be perfect fits for us.

Yuuuuup.

The board falling like this means I would've ended up with this guy in the first anyway and then taken McCoy in the 2nd. My draft is better for having taken Bradbury than it is for going into the first and taking:

Charles Omenihu, DE - Texas

Now the reason I didn't take him in the 1st is I'm not as convinced he's a stud as many round these parts are. I am convinced, however, that he's the 2nd best pure 4-3 DE in this class, especially for this scheme. Allen may have been a good fit as well but I prefer Omenihu for his ability to kick inside and still get after the passer if need be.

And as I looked at the board at the end of the 1st, I saw a real chance that he'd fall. The only stumbling block I saw was removed yesterday when the Colts signed Houston. I was pretty damn certain he'd go to Indy but thought maybe that would be Allen. Once Houston signed, the lane was wide open for Omenihu to continue his slide.

His only real issue is that he just he doesn't have very good bend and that's what makes him not exactly a slam dunk 1st round talent. But that's a more critical problem for a 3-4 OLB than anything and ultimately I think that's exactly why he's being slept on a little in this draft. Scheme versatility is driving guys up the board and he doesn't really have that. He's not someone you can put in a 2-point stance and send at the QB. He needs to come out of the 3-point stance and use that exceptional hand-fighting ability to win the rep.

He is EXACTLY what we hope K-Pass can be. If nothing else, he may actually rub off on K-Pass a little and help with him as well. This is a perfect fit and hopefully some of these wailing ****s will stop their moping for at least one pick.

Because if it goes how I think it may go, the wailing may start again here shortly.

staylor26 03-22-2019 09:08 AM

There’s the DE I was talking about :D

Omenihu is a perfect fit. **** the haters DJ, very solid draft so far.

He would’ve been my pick for the Colts if they didn’t sign Houston and Harry wasn’t sitting there.

kccrow 03-22-2019 09:11 AM

I'm equally not a big Omenihu fan, especially anywhere before round 3. I just don't see the pass rush ability so many here do. He's a slow base end at best IMO.

I'd much rather have seen Oruwariye in 1 and a Center right here or a different DE, but eh you have a plan and you're sticking to it.