ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The 10pm thread (archived) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155926)

007 04-12-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joie
Ouch. The guys on here are asses aren't they?

HEY!!! Don't generalize.

luv 04-12-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Ouch. The guys on here are asses aren't they?

That started the moo, cow, milk jokes as well as the Gatorade jokes. Guys just don't realize when something gets old. I find it humorous that they still try to use it to get under my skin.

SPchief 04-12-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
There was an end?

I don't know about an end, but there was definatly a climax in the story.

Joie 04-12-2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
That started the moo, cow, milk jokes as well as the Gatorade jokes. Guys just don't realize when something gets old. I find it humorous that they still try to use it to get under my skin.

They are incapable of thinking of new material. :banghead:

007 04-12-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief
I don't know about an end, but there was definatly a climax in the story.

No pun intended there I bet.

Mecca 04-12-2007 11:46 PM

this thread.........needs a new direction.

http://www.beyondthediva.com/shelly/...22_2007/03.jpg

SPchief 04-12-2007 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

It's not trying to get under your skin. It's more for the comidic aspect. It's better than talking about which conditioner Mecca uses.

luv 04-12-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

They are incapable of thinking of new material. :banghead:

Oh, there's other material. Last Christmas, I went to a gathering, and I ended up trashed and in a bedroom with ENDelt. I think the guy's an asshole, so I have no clue how I ended up in there.

SPchief 04-12-2007 11:47 PM

Tonight we've discoverd that Mecca gets perms and likes goth hookers.

007 04-12-2007 11:47 PM

Quote:

t's better than talking about which conditioner Mecca uses.

Damnit SP. That was a dead issue. Why did you have to bring that up again?

Mecca 04-12-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Tonight we've discoverd that Mecca gets perms and likes goth hookers.

I do not get perms that is horrid and cooks your hair........

And for the record that "goth hooker" is way hot.

Joie 04-12-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Oh, there's other material. Last Christmas, I went to a gathering, and I ended up trashed and in a bedroom with ENDelt. I think the guy's an asshole, so I have no clue how I ended up in there.

We've all had those nights. Years before Aces I almost went home with a guy I'd know in high school. Thankfully I was way too drunk to understand he wasn't just offering me a ride home (I was with friends so I had a ride). I may have made a HUGE mistake.

luv 04-12-2007 11:50 PM

Quote:

It's not trying to get under your skin. It's more for the comidic aspect. It's better than talking about which conditioner Mecca uses.

I use Aussie. I love the way it smells, and it's great on my hair.

Mecca 04-12-2007 11:51 PM

If I use that kind I have to spray my hair with conditioning spray for 5 minutes after.....but that's with almost any brand.

Joie 04-12-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I use Aussie. I love the way it smells, and it's great on my hair.

Finally another chick! You should have been here for the hair discussion earlier.

Joie 04-12-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
If I use that kind I have to spray my hair with conditioning spray for 5 minutes after.....but that's with almost any brand.

Do you allow it to dry naturally or use heat?

SPchief 04-12-2007 11:52 PM

Damnit

007 04-12-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Damnit

This is your fault you know. :shake:

Joie 04-12-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Damnit

I'll stop now, but for the record you brought it back up.

Mecca 04-12-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Do you allow it to dry naturally or use heat?

I don't use a blow dryer that's also bad for it.......

I usually put it up in a ponytail when it's wet otherwise when it dries I have this huge volumish looking hair that looks like a giant mane.

Bugeater 04-12-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Damnit

Did you catch this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265502,00.html

Be sure to check out the photo essay.

luv 04-12-2007 11:53 PM

Quote:

Finally another chick! You should have been here for the hair discussion earlier.

I don't use much. All Aussie...shampoo, conditioner, and sometimes a anti-humidity spray. That's it. I don't even blow dry.

SPchief 04-12-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

This is your fault you know. :shake:

Didn't know the ladies would start yapping again.

Mecca 04-12-2007 11:54 PM

Just for SP here's the "goth hooker" out of character...

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/mexico/...market/112.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/mexico/...market/106.jpg

SPchief 04-12-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

I usually put it up in a ponytail when it's wet otherwise when it dries I have this huge volumish looking hair that looks like a giant mane.

What color of nail paint do you use?

Mecca 04-12-2007 11:55 PM

I don't paint my nails fool........

Joie 04-12-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Good. I promised SPChief I would stop now though.

SPchief 04-12-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

She has a tattoo going into her cooter. Turn off.

007 04-12-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthur Carlson the Bugeater
Did you catch this?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,265502,00.html

Be sure to check out the photo essay.

HOLY CRAP!!!

OW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mecca 04-12-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

She has a tattoo going into her cooter. Turn off.

She has some naked pics but I um can't post those.........atleast not here.

And that chick is hot tattoo's or not.

Joie 04-12-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I don't use much. All Aussie...shampoo, conditioner, and sometimes a anti-humidity spray. That's it. I don't even blow dry.

One more....

I never heat style and I like Garnier products.

OK I'm done now.

Joie 04-12-2007 11:57 PM

Quote:

mine are red right now. toes, too.

luv 04-12-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

I'm currently wearing Jewel Frost by Sally Hansen.

luv 04-12-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

mine are red right now. toes, too.

My toes are Raisin. I like to keep them a bit darker.

007 04-12-2007 11:59 PM

Damnit SP!!! You started this too.

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:00 AM

I picture SP as the guy who starts flipping out and crying if his G/F ever asks him to buy tampons.

luv 04-13-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Didn't know the ladies would start yapping again.

Yapping? Would you rather talk about wrestling or Spanish?

Joie 04-13-2007 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
My toes are Raisin. I like to keep them a bit darker.

I get my nails done. I just try to find something at home that comes close for my toes to whatever shade I get for my nails at the salon. Currently kind of a rusty red.

SPchief 04-13-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Damnit SP!!! You started this too.

I'm sorry that Mecca uses similar hair products as females

Joie 04-13-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

I picture SP as the guy who starts flipping out and crying if his G/F ever asks him to buy tampons.

SP has a woman?

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

SP has a woman?

I meant in theory.

luv 04-13-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Tampax Pearl.

luv 04-13-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

I get my nails done. I just try to find something at home that comes close for my toes to whatever shade I get for my nails at the salon. Currently kind of a rusty red.

I like doing my own.

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Tampax Pearl.

Sign that I have to many female friends.....and to many g/fs.........I know what that is........I also know what an applicator is......and how to use one.....why I don't know and I don't know how it will ever help me.....

See what women do telling me about crap like that.

Joie 04-13-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I like doing my own.

I prefer to do my own toes. Used to do my own nails, but now it's a little way to pamper myself every few weeks.

007 04-13-2007 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I like doing my own.

That is a loaded statement.

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:05 AM

I once had an engrown toenail that sorta goes with this convo.........

luv 04-13-2007 12:06 AM

Okay SP, I'll stop too. Please come back!

Joie 04-13-2007 12:08 AM

C'mon SP!! We'll let you choose the subject matter!

I'm going to regret that.

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:09 AM

Oh boy what are we gonna talk about now....

luv 04-13-2007 12:09 AM

Quote:

No, you won't. No matter what it is, we'll make it interesting. GIRL POWER!!! ROFL

007 04-13-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

With his track record tonight, I fear what the next subject he picks will be.

Joie 04-13-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
No, you won't. No matter what it is, we'll make it interesting. GIRL POWER!!! ROFL

Whatever would these boys do without us? :)

luv 04-13-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

I have no clue.

007 04-13-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Obviously not reproduce. Course, you couldn't do that without males either.

SPchief 04-13-2007 12:11 AM

Quote:

Quote:

With his track record tonight, I fear what the next subject he picks will be.

I've recently read that luv likes scat.

Joie 04-13-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
I have no clue.

With me being here in the evening and you late at night they should never have to have a girl-free thread. They are lucky boys!!

luv 04-13-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

ROFL

I was drunk! I meant ska, damnit! :cuss:

ROFL

Joie 04-13-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Obviously not reproduce. Course, you couldn't do that without males either.

I'm sure there's enough frozen sperm somewhere that we could keep the population going for awhile.

007 04-13-2007 12:13 AM

Quote:

Before the national spread of jazz in the United States, a type of scat singing was already in use by ragtime vocalists. Ragtime pioneer Ben Harney and New Orleans pianist Tony Jackson were said to be scat singing in the early years of the 20th century. One early master of ragtime scat singing was Gene Greene who recorded scat choruses in his song "King of the Bungaloos" and several others between 1911 and 1917. Star entertainer Al Jolson even scatted through a few bars in the middle of his 1911 recording of "That Haunting Melody".

A frequently repeated legend alleges that Louis Armstrong invented scat singing on the spot when he dropped the lyric sheet while singing during his recording of "Heebie Jeebies" in 1926. The story is false and Armstrong himself made no such claim. Jazz musicians Don Redman, Cliff Edwards, and Red Nichols all recorded examples of scat earlier than Armstrong. However, the record "Heebie Jeebies" and subsequent Armstrong recordings introduced scat singing to a wider audience and did much to popularize the style. Armstrong was an innovative singer who experimented with all kinds of sound and improvised with his voice as well as on his instrument. In one famous example, Armstrong scatted a passage on "I'm a Ding Dong Daddy from Dumas"—he sings "I've done forgot the words!" in the middle of recording before taking off in scat.

On October 26, 1927 Duke Ellington's Orchestra recorded "Creole Love Call" featuring Adelaide Hall singing wordlessly. "She sounds like a particularly sensitive growl trumpeter", according to Nat Hentoff. The creativity must be shared between Ellington and Hall as he knew the style of performance he wanted, but she was the one who was able to produce the sound. In 1932, Ellington repeated the experiment in one of his versions of "The Mooche", with Baby Cox singing scat after a muted similar trombone solo by Tricky Sam Nanton.

According to Dick Higgins, "In Black American music there is a sound poetry tradition, possibly based originally on work calls, which we find [transformed] into the scat singing of the popular music of the 1930s, in the long nonsense-like passages in Cab Calloway's singing of "Minnie the Moocher", for example".

Ella Fitzgerald further popularized scat singing as a vocal jazz art form, most particularly exemplified in her 1947 recording of George and Ira Gershwin's "Oh, Lady be Good!".

Sarah Vaughan was also a great proponent of scat, sometimes inventing whole new melodic lines in her improvisation. She may not have had the popularity of Ella Fitzgerald but aficionados rate her as the finest scat singer ever, the John Coltrane of scat.

Scat singing influenced the development of doo-wop and hip hop. It has also appeared in various genres of rock music. Jim Morrison of The Doors sings a chorus of slow scat on the song "Cars Hiss By My Window", and it also notably opens the b-side of Joe Walsh's 1973 album The Smoker You Drink, The Player You Get with the song "Meadow". The technique was employed in the song "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.

Scat also makes appearances in newer genres, including industrial music, in the chorus of Ministry's 1991 song "Jesus Built My Hotrod"; heavy metal music, in the band Korn whose lead singer Jonathan Davis has incorporated scat singing into songs such as "Twist", "Freak on a Leash", "B.B.K." and "Liar"; and the heavy metal subgenre of death metal, where scat singing is used by John Tardy of the band Obituary. Legendary jazz artist Scatman John (John Paul Larkin) renewed interest in the genre briefly during the mid-90s. Jack Black also scats in Tenacious D's "Tribute."

The term skat is used in Jamaican music for a verbal representation of a popular guitar sound. The master Jamaican guitarist Ernest Ranglin, said that "the offbeat guitar scratching" that he and other musicians played was referred to as "skat! skat! skat!". Some music experts believe that this term is the source of the name of ska music, which was a predecessor to reggae.

Another method of scat singing is practiced by guitarists who scat along with their solos note for note. Notable practicioners include George Benson, Sheldon Reynolds, and Rik Emmett.

Joie 04-13-2007 12:14 AM

Guru wrote us a novel.

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:14 AM

I remember when Luv was asking us what things like scat and gape meant, those were the days.

007 04-13-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

I'm sure there's enough frozen sperm somewhere that we could keep the population going for awhile.

Touche

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:15 AM

Aha I found it.....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIqXnZPDkcQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VIqXnZPDkcQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

SPchief 04-13-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Yeah, but dildos can only do so much for ya. At some point you'll miss the sex.

007 04-13-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

They will just scissor. http://smiley.onegreatguy.net/scissors.gif

Joie 04-13-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Yes, yes I would.

SPchief 04-13-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

They will just scissor.

LMAO

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:19 AM

Quote:

Did you know something like 90-95% of women when they use vibrators don't even insert it........interesting fact.

luv 04-13-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

AMEN!

007 04-13-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

LMAO

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...rsGarrison.png

SPchief 04-13-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Did you know something like 90-95% of women when they use vibrators don't even insert it........interesting fact.

Which method do you use?

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Which method do you use?

.......listen son.......If you want to have a dick contest I'd embarrass you so let's not turn it into some sort of "anti male" consensus of posts about me.

luv 04-13-2007 12:25 AM

Quote:

.......listen son.......If you want to have a dick contest I'd embarrass you so let's not turn it into some sort of "anti male" consensus of posts about me.

Either change the tampon or take a Midol.

Joie 04-13-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Either change the tampon or take a Midol.

Evening Primrose Oil is a good natural alternative to Midol.

SPchief 04-13-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

If you want to have a dick contest I'd embarrass you .

Sorry, I'm not interested in seeing how many dicks I can get. It's not my thing. I hear GoChiefs is interested.

007 04-13-2007 12:30 AM

Quote:

Damn Mecca. I should have been offended by your post to me earlier but I wasn't. What happened to fun and games?

Mecca 04-13-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Damn Mecca. I should have been offended by your post to me earlier but I wasn't. What happened to fun and games?

It's one thing to do it a little bit I can take a joke all in good fun but he lobs them at me constantly.........jokes about your "manhood" over the course of 2 hours would annoy you too.

007 04-13-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

It's one thing to do it a little bit I can take a joke all in good fun but he lobs them at me constantly.........jokes about your "manhood" over the course of 2 hours would annoy you too.

To each his own. Ignoring works much better though.

luv 04-13-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

Hmmm...having jokes made at your expense. I wouldn't know how that feels. Be a man.