ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

Gonzo 03-24-2015 05:50 AM

It's pretty rare for me to get so immersed into a story that I actually get pissed off that it ends so soon. This show does that almost every week. Yesterday's episode wasn't all that action packed but the story is so good that I just get lost in it.
I'm really curious as to how this lawsuit gets derailed. It's also looking fairly likely that we're going to see Mr. Fring here pretty quick.

The Franchise 03-24-2015 09:35 AM

Is this only one season as of now? Have multiple seasons been discussed or confirmed yet?

Fire Me Boy! 03-24-2015 09:46 AM

http://bit.ly/1y1sXKJ

The Franchise 03-24-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11400975)

Dick. LMAO

DaneMcCloud 03-24-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dicky McElephant (Post 11400963)
Is this only one season as of now? Have multiple seasons been discussed or confirmed yet?

Season two has been confirmed as having 13 episodes instead of this year's 10 in 2016.

Baby Lee 03-24-2015 10:17 AM

Only 2 EPS LEFT?!?!?!?

:deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee::deevee:

notorious 03-24-2015 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11400570)
God damn this show is great.

I fear for what will happen to Jimmy in the next episode. I don't think using Chuck's printer code was very smart.

I am guessing HHM is going to use that to get the fees associated with the case.

Saul is going to make money, but not great money. This office in BB is proof.

DJ's left nut 03-24-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11401319)
I am guessing HHM is going to use that to get the fees associated with the case.

Saul is going to make money, but not great money. This office in BB is proof.

I've never watched BB - is Chuck in it at all?

If no, my guess is that somewhere during the pendency of the case, Chuck dies and Hamlin takes over as lead counsel thus forcing Jimmy off the case.

The whole 'prequel' side of this is a little unsettling because you see that Jimmy's really a pretty decent guy with a bit of a shyster streak to him and in the end, absolutely none of this is going to end well for him.

penguinz 03-24-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11401374)

If no, my guess is that somewhere during the pendency of the case, Chuck dies and Hamlin takes over as lead counsel thus forcing Jimmy off the case.

The whole 'prequel' side of this is a little unsettling because you see that Jimmy's really a pretty decent guy with a bit of a shyster streak to him and in the end, absolutely none of this is going to end well for him.

How can you say that? He ends up managing a Cinnabon which means all the free cinnamon roles you can eat.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-24-2015 03:00 PM

I think it's far more likely that Chuck ends up institutionalized than dead. The ending of the episode this week further drove home the psychosomatic nature of his illness, and since he knows he was fine before Jimmy said something to him, it's likely that it will further reinforce the inconsistency of his illness to himself, lumping self-doubt on top of psychosis.

Also, using his printing code will likely be used as an excuse from cashing Chuck out, as HHM can say that he was capable of working, as evidenced by the code usage. Thus their pittance of a pay-off will be seen as justifiable because Chuck "could" work, but chose not to.

So, Chuck ends up 1) institutionalized and 2) without any remuneration from the firm he built.

On top of that, Jimmy will lose the right to use his name, as foreshadowed earlier this season, and based on what he's seen, there's not really much of a reason not to become a criminal lawyer, because where does being upstanding get you?

notorious 03-24-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11401374)

I think that HHM see's that Chuck is working on the case by using his code.

Therefore, they can bill for it, screwing over McGill.

notorious 03-24-2015 04:19 PM

It looks like Hamas beat me to it.

Good work.

Chiefspants 03-24-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11401579)
I think that HHM see's that Chuck is working on the case by using his code.

Therefore, they can bill for it, screwing over McGill.

Yup. Jimmy is screwed. Kim will side with HHM, and Saul will be born at this season's conclusion.

Hope Saul finds a way to screw over HHM hard next year.

L.A. Chieffan 03-24-2015 08:37 PM

There's definitely a problem with the timeline on this show and with BB. This show is set sometime in the mid to late 90's and BB in the late 00's however Mike's granddaughter is basically the same age. Sucks, but I guess there was no way around it.

Edit: I see now that BCS takes place in 2002, 6 years before Breaking Bad which closes the gap a bit but still can't hide the fact that she hadn't really aged at all. They should've made her an infant in BCS

Molitoth 03-24-2015 10:02 PM

Finally caught up. This show is freaking awesome. Far exceeding my expectations.