ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343675)

Bl00dyBizkitz 10-10-2023 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17158633)
And he still didn't beat his man. He high pointed the ball over his head.

Sir have heard of a man named Randy Moss?

O.city 10-10-2023 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17158661)
I really think the Tyreek Hill 2018-2019 version has totally skewed how a lot of you guys see WR's. That's gone, and was gone the last year he was in KC, too. Defenses designed their entire game plans to just flat not allow it.

Very few WR's EVER have had the quickness paired with the elite top end speed to just smoke man coverage like Hill can. In Miami, the presence of Waddle still allows for it.

That doesn't mean there aren't a bunch of other ways to win a rep. And the big bodied, high point guy is still a perfectly legitimate WR type that's difficult to defend. That 2nd and 18 play is a good illustration of that.

I'm not declaring that Ross has arrived or anything, but that's damned encouraging.

One could argue that the ideal situation was to keep Hill and go find someone like Waddle so teams couldn't try to take it away (they didn't really, but they tried).

Chris Meck 10-10-2023 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17158735)
One could argue that the ideal situation was to keep Hill and go find someone like Waddle so teams couldn't try to take it away (they didn't really, but they tried).

Not drafting around 30ish you're not, and if you paid Hill the #1WR salary in the NFL, you can't pay for another WR with that skill-set or a Jones type for the defense. So here we are.

O.city 10-10-2023 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17158748)
Not drafting around 30ish you're not, and if you paid Hill the #1WR salary in the NFL, you can't pay for another WR with that skill-set or a Jones type for the defense. So here we are.

So you can't get good WR's after 30? You don't think an addition like Rice or trading for Toney does anything like that?

Seems you're pretty dug in on a narrative here.

Bl00dyBizkitz 10-10-2023 08:16 AM

Quote:

Hardman was probably our best attempt at that. But then again, if it wasn't for the scandal, we very well could've drafted someone else. Still, that was probably our best shot at it.

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2023 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17158655)
Do you watch much football?

Not every receiver has the Tyreek Hill jets to just blow by guys.

Guys like Mike Evans, Tee Higgins-hell, even a lot of Jamarr Chase's catches are just that sort of play.

When you're 6'4" you don't need much room to go up and get it. There aren't many corners that can match that catch radius and go up and challenge that.

Didn't beat his man? Looks to me like he beat him for an 18 yard catch.

Only highlights on toosdays.

Who said that? Who said anything about Tyreek Hill?

Are you comparing Justyn Ross to Mike Evans, Tee Higgins or Jamarr Chase. He hasn't even established himself as Chase Claypool yet. Get a grip on your emotional bias.

Abba-Dabba 10-10-2023 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17158732)
Sir have heard of a man named Randy Moss?

I think so.

Isn't he the one who likes to run over cops?

Chris Meck 10-10-2023 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17159666)
Only highlights on toosdays.

Who said that? Who said anything about Tyreek Hill?

Are you comparing Justyn Ross to Mike Evans, Tee Higgins or Jamarr Chase. He hasn't even established himself as Chase Claypool yet. Get a grip on your emotional bias.

Uh, no, no I'm not.

I'm saying that guys like that win reps in that way. Big, tall, long WR's in that mold.

And I'm saying, hell, if he win that way, you can throw that all damned day long until they pull a safety over. And if they do THAT, then someone else is open.

Arch Stanton 10-10-2023 06:02 PM

Rice deserves a throw on the first play of every game, so he can get his drop and then get down to business.

Ross deserves more looks, due to the potential. Players like that seem to succeed for other teams, with way lesser quarterbacks.

Buehler445 10-10-2023 06:27 PM

Someone told me he was only in for 6 plays.

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.

raybec 4 10-10-2023 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abba-Dabba (Post 17158633)
And he still didn't beat his man. He high pointed the ball over his head.

You just kind of making it up as you go sport?

dlphg9 10-10-2023 07:19 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m3WTWvK5qIM?si=Zc1yLj57Clsx9Y3j" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's at the top of the screen. Wide open on the play that Mahomes throws deep to Watson, but is a bit short.

Chris Meck 10-10-2023 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17158749)
So you can't get good WR's after 30? You don't think an addition like Rice or trading for Toney does anything like that?

You're moving the goalposts.

Of course you can get good WR's past #30. But not with Waddle's skill-set. There are lots of ways to win reps for WR but the blazing speed plus hands, plus route runners go high.

Don't be dense.

Yeah I'm pretty dug in on the realities of the salary cap and the notion of fielding a defense, too. Call me crazy.

TEX 10-10-2023 07:29 PM

Quote:

Yes. But Chiefs were going to try something that could also have worked very well when they wanted to pair JuJu with Hill. That was option #1. And I would have loved yo have seen it. But after Adams signed with the Raiders, Hill decided he wanted $30Mil, and things changed. But they were all in at $25Mil.

Chris Meck 10-11-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 17159895)
Yes. But Chiefs were going to try something that could also have worked very well when they wanted to pair JuJu with Hill. That was option #1. And I would have loved yo have seen it. But after Adams signed with the Raiders, Hill decided he wanted $30Mil, and things changed. But they were all in at $25Mil.

Yeah, well, sure.

And we'd be complaining that Chris Jones was in Tennessee or something. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

It is what it is, move on, draft and develop the next group of stars.

TEX 10-11-2023 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17161357)
Yeah, well, sure.

And we'd be complaining that Chris Jones was in Tennessee or something. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

It is what it is, move on, draft and develop the next group of stars.

Yea, well, sure and context matters... Read O city's statement and then read mine. We were simply duscussing types of WR's to build a team with. It was a surface discussion. Simple. No need to "move on" or anything, becauae it wasn't about that at all.

Chris Meck 10-11-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 17161426)
Yea, well, sure and context matters... Read O city's statement and then read mine. We were simply duscussing types of WR's to build a team with. It was a surface discussion. Simple. No need to "move on" or anything, becauae it wasn't about that at all.

I did read it, and I responded to his post that a 'Waddle' type WR would either cost a high first, or a ton of money. And same with your post; keep Hill to pair with Juju, watch Jones walk.

And the TEAM moves on.

Who's not reading what?

O.city 10-11-2023 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17159889)
You're moving the goalposts.

Of course you can get good WR's past #30. But not with Waddle's skill-set. There are lots of ways to win reps for WR but the blazing speed plus hands, plus route runners go high.

Don't be dense.

Yeah I'm pretty dug in on the realities of the salary cap and the notion of fielding a defense, too. Call me crazy.

So Waddles skill set can’t be found anywhere other than the top of the draft?

You always say the chiefs draft so well in all these rounds, why couldn’t they have drafted wrs to pair with hill for cheap?

Chris Meck 10-12-2023 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17161524)
So Waddles skill set can’t be found anywhere other than the top of the draft?

You always say the chiefs draft so well in all these rounds, why couldn’t they have drafted wrs to pair with hill for cheap?

Not usually, no.

As for the second part of your post- well, they spent for Watkins in '18, so they needed to spend draft picks everywhere else.

I really don't understand why some of you guys just flat don't understand the equation.

If you're paying an elite QB, you have to go cheap in other places. You have to draft and develop. The salary cap is real, and you fudge it for a year maybe, but then you're going to have to have a few rough seasons like The Rams, for example.

The way The Chiefs are doing it, they're going to contend for Super Bowls every single year.

I doubt Veach strikes out on four swings at WR here. We can afford to be a little patient while they figure it out because our defense looks really good.

Chris Meck 10-12-2023 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17159829)

6 plays
4 targets

There were 2 drops but Mahomes must think he’s open if he throws balls his way 2/3 of the time.

I think this is a significant development. If this sort of ratio continues, LOOK OUT.

O.city 10-12-2023 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17161660)
Not usually, no.

As for the second part of your post- well, they spent for Watkins in '18, so they needed to spend draft picks everywhere else.

I really don't understand why some of you guys just flat don't understand the equation.

If you're paying an elite QB, you have to go cheap in other places. You have to draft and develop. The salary cap is real, and you fudge it for a year maybe, but then you're going to have to have a few rough seasons like The Rams, for example.

The way The Chiefs are doing it, they're going to contend for Super Bowls every single year.

I doubt Veach strikes out on four swings at WR here. We can afford to be a little patient while they figure it out because our defense looks really good.

Yes, draft picks are cheap. Hence why I said draft picks to add with Tyreek. Just like it takes draft picks to add to the defense with paying Jones etc.

If this is your argument, I think you've kinda missed the point.

Chris Meck 10-12-2023 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17161767)
Yes, draft picks are cheap. Hence why I said draft picks to add with Tyreek. Just like it takes draft picks to add to the defense with paying Jones etc.

If this is your argument, I think you've kinda missed the point.

No I didn't miss the point, you missed the team building aspect entirely. We had a potent offense, and a mediocre defense where Dan Sorensen was an important player. We needed to get better. And we did

carcosa 10-12-2023 09:33 AM

Quote:

6 plays
4 targets

Man... If Rice and Ross both fully click by the end of the season, this offense could be really fun to watch come playoff time.

BleedingRed 10-12-2023 09:34 AM

Telling yall, this Ross fella about to pop off.

If he gets going, then with Ross/Rice/Toney we can run every concept in a NFL playbook.

Bl00dyBizkitz 10-12-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 17162029)
Telling yall, this Ross fella about to pop off.

If he gets going, then with Ross/Rice/Toney we can run every concept in a NFL playbook.

Rice/Ross/MVS/Watson by the end of the year is my biggest hope. Toney is interchangeable for obvious reasons. Maybe we add someone by the deadline in as well.

That could work if those players improve/get the playing time they need.

ToxSocks 10-12-2023 10:23 AM

Quote:

6 plays
4 targets

Maybe.

But i think the reason we see high target shares per snap for Rice/Ross/Toney is because they may be the 1st or 2nd read on the specific package they're in on. It could be, and probably is, totally by design.

crispystl 10-12-2023 10:24 AM

Something to think about...
I think if they's year's team played the 2022 after 5 games it would win by about 7-10.

So ask yourself...which team is better? I strongly contend it's this one and that's without Omenihu.

Sofa King 10-12-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl (Post 17162131)
Something to think about...
I think if they's year's team played the 2022 after 5 games it would win by about 7-10.

So ask yourself...which team is better? I strongly contend it's this one and that's without Omenihu.

You should proof read your post.

Chris Meck 10-12-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17162128)
Maybe.

But i think the reason we see high target shares per snap for Rice/Ross/Toney is because they may be the 1st or 2nd read on the specific package they're in on. It could be, and probably is, totally by design.

I think you're probably right, but I'm not sure that matters. If they're open enough to throw them the ball, cool.

saphojunkie 10-12-2023 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17158749)

If finding a player like Waddle after pick 30 is your plan then you have a shitty plan.

Chris Meck 10-12-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17162265)
If finding a player like Waddle after pick 30 is your plan then you have a shitty plan.

Yeah we should have got a guy like that and we'd be fine. I guess we're making things too hard on ourselves.

O.city 10-12-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17162265)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17162279)
Yeah we should have got a guy like that and we'd be fine. I guess we're making things too hard on ourselves.

Yes, clearly high caliber WR's come from the first round. I agree. We should draft some there.

saphojunkie 10-12-2023 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17162283)
Yes, clearly high caliber WR's come from the first round. I agree. We should draft some there.

Actually far more successful receivers come after round 1, but not per capita.

The best chance of finding an elite WR is to draft one in the top ten picks. The second best chance is to continuously draft WR every year in rounds 2-5.

That's just statistics talking, but it remains true. You either spend for a blue chip, elite prospect in the first 10-15 picks or you throw numbers at it in the rounds 2-5.

Chiefs do not have top ten draft picks, so the latter strategy is the one they are implementing, as seen by spending three 2nd round picks on WR in the last five years. It's what Pittsburgh does.

Chase Claypool
George Pickens
JuJu Smith-Schuster
James Washington
Diontae Johnson (3rd)

O.city 10-12-2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17162300)
Actually far more successful receivers come after round 1, but not per capita.

The best chance of finding an elite WR is to draft one in the top ten picks. The second best chance is to continuously draft WR every year in rounds 2-5.

That's just statistics talking, but it remains true. You either spend for a blue chip, elite prospect in the first 10-15 picks or you throw numbers at it in the rounds 2-5.

Chiefs do not have top ten draft picks, so the latter strategy is the one they are implementing, as seen by spending three 2nd round picks on WR in the last five years. It's what Pittsburgh does.

Chase Claypool
George Pickens
JuJu Smith-Schuster
James Washington
Diontae Johnson (3rd)

Oh I agree.

But I also don't think......are any of those WR's 2nd contract good WR"s?

saphojunkie 10-12-2023 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17162322)
Oh I agree.

But I also don't think......are any of those WR's 2nd contract good WR"s?

Not for my money, they aren't.

But where KC will be drafting, you have a chance to find a stud in the 2nd, but you're going to have to suffer through drafting Skyy Moore. When you're panning for gold, you're going to find a lot of rocks.

O.city 10-12-2023 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17162383)
Not for my money, they aren't.

But where KC will be drafting, you have a chance to find a stud in the 2nd, but you're going to have to suffer through drafting Skyy Moore. When you're panning for gold, you're going to find a lot of rocks.

My thing is, it's why I'm always for trading up or trading for guys.

We're just not gonna have alot of shots at blue chip dudes.

Bowser 10-13-2023 10:42 AM

Ok, we have 10 days til the Chargers come in here. Get this kid up and get him prepared. I'm ready for the Rice and Ross show.

BleedingRed 10-13-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17166834)
Ok, we have 10 days til the Chargers come in here. Get this kid up and get him prepared. I'm ready for the Rice and Ross show.

I honestly think our WR's woes go away if we start these two.

I know it wont be perfect, but I feel like Ross catch radius and Rice YAC are exactly what we are missing.

saphojunkie 10-13-2023 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17162406)
My thing is, it's why I'm always for trading up or trading for guys.

We're just not gonna have alot of shots at blue chip dudes.

I'm with you. If somehow Chris Jones isn't on the team next year, I really hope it's because they are acquiring draft capital to move up for an elite WR.

Womble 10-13-2023 10:50 AM

Every game we are hoping Andy gives the kid a proper chance. Every game we see Skyy Moore and MVS get the lions share of snaps and fail to make more than 2 catches. If not against a dogshit defense like Denver then when? Even with Watson out I doubt he'll get more than a couple of snaps.

BleedingRed 10-13-2023 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Womble (Post 17166858)
Every game we are hoping Andy gives the kid a proper chance. Every game we see Skyy Moore and MVS get the lions share of snaps and fail to make more than 2 catches. If not against a dogshit defense like Denver then when? Even with Watson out I doubt he'll get more than a couple of snaps.

I need a bigger sample size. I just think Ross/Ross is worth a shot. Give those two 40 snaps together to see what we got.

KCJake 10-13-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

It does seem strange. Maybe Ross is doing something in practice that leads Reid to believe that he's not ready :shrug:

LoneWolf 10-13-2023 11:47 AM

The Watson injury actually helps instead of hurts, IMO. It will force Reid and Co. to give Rice more snaps, it allows MVS to focus on the one thing he is above average in (deep routes), and it frees up snaps to get Ross on the field to see what he can do.

I believe the team comes out of the mini bye with a more set group of receivers with Toney, Rice, and MVS getting the bulk of the snaps and Moore and Ross getting snaps on special packages or when guys need a breather.

Chief Pagan 10-13-2023 11:58 AM

Quote:

Andy is reluctant to play rookies on offense. There is no other explanation.

Pacheco was clearly better and his snaps were few and far between until late in the season last year.

Kareem Hunt was the exception because vet RB went down with an injury not because Kareem out played him.

RINGLEADER 10-13-2023 11:58 AM

Moore hasn’t shown anything. Then again neither have MVS and Toney really. If we’re going to give reps to players that are producing it should be Rice leaning into the number one position. After that I would prefer to see MVS/Toney because of their experience in the offense and then Ross and then Moore.

Had high hopes for Moore but for whatever reason it just isn’t working and we need to give Ross more of a shot. He can’t be any worse than the 2 catches and 10 yards Skyy gets each week.

Chief Pagan 10-13-2023 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17167008)
The Watson injury actually helps instead of hurts, IMO. It will force Reid and Co. to give Rice more snaps, it allows MVS to focus on the one thing he is above average in (deep routes), and it frees up snaps to get Ross on the field to see what he can do.

I believe the team comes out of the mini bye with a more set group of receivers with Toney, Rice, and MVS getting the bulk of the snaps and Moore and Ross getting snaps on special packages or when guys need a breather.

I hope so.

But I'm skeptical Rice out snaps Moore this early in the season.

Rausch 10-13-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17167030)
I hope so.

He doesn't need to and he'll still finish better in every statistical category.

Hammock Parties 10-14-2023 06:23 PM

LMAO

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...2Q&oe=65310547

carcosa 10-14-2023 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17168838)

This is real. I saw it

Chiefshrink 10-14-2023 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17167008)

This I agree with. I hope Ross gets a really hard look as well. ;)

Chiefshrink 10-14-2023 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17168838)

This kid is special for sure:thumb:

Chiefshrink 10-14-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17167030)
I hope so.

I get your point but Rice's explosion he flashed last Thurs evening begs for more snaps IMO.

Sure-Oz 10-23-2023 04:14 PM

Shit

https://twitter.com/goldmctNFL/statu...Veac3reIQ&s=19

BleedingRed 10-23-2023 04:17 PM

Meh these things in todays day and age are 50/50

IA_Chiefs_fan 10-23-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 17185942)

With inflation like it is, he could have just tipped over a cart full of groceries and been over 25k.

This does suck because he's already got an uphill climb and he may have just made it harder.

Easy 6 10-23-2023 04:22 PM

:facepalm: 25k is a whole lotta temper tantrum, this isn't going to end the way I hoped... shit

dirk digler 10-23-2023 04:23 PM

domestic violence?

Skyy God 10-23-2023 04:26 PM

Who among us hasn’t destroyed between 0 and 25K worth of property, cast the first stone.

Skyy God 10-23-2023 04:29 PM

We have at least a couple of DV guys on our roster.

I would suggest unbunching your panties.

Chris Meck 12-19-2023 10:05 PM

Well, well, well.

Skyy goes to the IR, and who takes the spot on the 53?

THAT'S RIGHT.

It's my boy Ross, back from banishment.

Maybe he'll have a little somethin' somethin'.

I'll say one thing-he's not going to be double covered, and he's likely going to draw the other team's 4th corner. That's not likely to be a big guy. Just chuck Justyn a few and let him climb the ladder.

I'm not expecting much, but hey, you never know, right?

GIMME SOME ROSS

bringbackmarty 12-19-2023 10:21 PM

Yeah, I hope he really turns it on. He's got plenty of talent and room on his frame to bulk up. It would be nice if he turned into Tee Higgins or AJ Brown after some time in the NFL strength and conditioning program. Rice has that type of strength already. It would be great to end the season with two rookie wr's with actual potential.

Chris Meck 12-19-2023 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bringbackmarty (Post 17290365)
Yeah, I hope he really turns it on. He's got plenty of talent and room on his frame to bulk up. It would be nice if he turned into Tee Higgins or AJ Brown after some time in the NFL strength and conditioning program. Rice has that type of strength already. It would be great to end the season with two rookie wr's with actual potential.

I don't think he's got AJ Brown potential.

But if he could even be a sort of middle class man's Tee Higgins, that'd be ****ing fantastic.

MVChiefFan 12-19-2023 10:36 PM

At this point, I just hope they roll with him. I realize he may need to work himself into it, but I just want them to give him a legitimate shot.

SAGA45 03-15-2024 10:36 PM

Any thoughts on this kid for 2024? If he finally breaks out it would be huge for the offense.

Bump 03-15-2024 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 17446037)
Any thoughts on this kid for 2024? If he finally breaks out it would be huge for the offense.

I'm gonna go in this time expecting absolutely nothing

Tribal Warfare 03-15-2024 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 17446039)
I'm gonna go in this time expecting absolutely nothing

This unfortunately

kccrow 03-15-2024 10:56 PM

Quote:

I don't think we can go in with expectations. He flashed at times but that suspension and 2 drops on 11 targets certainly hurt his cause. It'd be nice if he came along well and could at least provide a real solid red zone option at the bottom of the roster this year.

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-15-2024 11:01 PM

Quote:

Idk, is it possible he isn't the kind of WR Andy usually goes for? Andy and Mahomes have never been big on 50/50 jump balls, they usually scheme to get you separation and out in space and get massive YAC. Ross just might not be the right fit here.

Jewish Rabbi 03-15-2024 11:12 PM

We release this piece of shit yet???

carcosa 03-15-2024 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 17446052)
We release this piece of shit yet???

U GOTTA BELIEF!!!

saphojunkie 03-15-2024 11:31 PM

I will never stop rooting for Justyn Ross until he's taking meaningful snaps from a better player. Until then, anything is better than Skyy and Toney.

RaidersOftheCellar 03-15-2024 11:37 PM

What the hell are they going to do with Ross, Toney and Moore? Let them battle for the last spot? Keep two of the three?

I'd honestly like to keep Toney if he isn't a cancer. Chances are, he's not going to drop every other pass next year.

saphojunkie 03-15-2024 11:58 PM

I'm not ruling any of them out for the lights coming on, but there is no world in which it is expected or likely. I think they will try to trade Toney, and when that doesn't happen, he's gone.

I expect Moore and Ross to make it to camp.

RaidersOftheCellar 03-16-2024 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17446082)
I'm not ruling any of them out for the lights coming on, but there is no world in which it is expected or likely. I think they will try to trade Toney, and when that doesn't happen, he's gone.

I expect Moore and Ross to make it to camp.

Toney has at least shown the ability to make electric plays. Moore and Ross have shown nothing to this point.

But I don't know where Toney stands with the staff. He may have pissed off too many people to be welcomed back.

saphojunkie 03-16-2024 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 17446094)
Toney has at least shown the ability to make electric plays. Moore and Ross have shown nothing to this point.

But I don't know where Toney stands with the staff. He may have pissed off too many people to be welcomed back.

I think toney is objectively the most talented. I also think he's the least likely to make the roster, but every day he isn't released makes me question that a little more.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-16-2024 01:25 AM

The soon we accept he's a bum the better.

Fishels 03-16-2024 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17446103)
I think toney is objectively the most talented. I also think he's the least likely to make the roster, but every day he isn't released makes me question that a little more.

If he’d just get his head together he’d make an outstanding player minus the injuries he keeps.

I watch that SB punt return a lot and the way he is so Shifty on his feet is amazing when he makes that first guy miss. Frustrating to see the physical potential there going to dropped balls and interceptions :banghead:

Chief Roundup 03-16-2024 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 17446103)

His contract is fully guaranteed. As much of a head case as he is, he is still a good 5th or 6th WR. I will not be surprised if he is not used in one of those cut-down trade scenarios.