ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Guess what? Gretz call us classless and deranged (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=80624)

headsnap 01-14-2004 11:57 AM

Message to Gretz and all the other folks flooding my e-mail with righteous indignation...

WHERE WERE YOU BEFORE GROB RESIGNED?

this is similar to the Rush/McNabb deal, in that it wasn't until the philly media made a deal about it that people started making a fuss about it.

I mean no ill will to GRob and his family, and I posted nothing bad or mean-spirited on that site, it was IMHO, tastefully done. I can't however speak for the signers of the 'petition.'

I think jAZ in on to something in his 'media influence' thread...

old_geezer 01-14-2004 12:02 PM

My .02.......

So Gretz thinks those who participated in the Firegregrobinson.com web site were classless ? I guess I'd rather be classless than clueless, which is what GRob was as a DC and Gretz appears to be as a sportswriter.

If by my participation in the signing of the signature list I am considered to have had a small part in the dismissal of GRob from his position, then you can call me anything you want; but you'd better thank me also.

JazzzLovr 01-14-2004 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
You know, I like to think that one of the benefits of being classless and deranged is that there are no boundaries.

I think you're right. If there were, Tom would have found them by now.

The Bad Guy 01-14-2004 12:06 PM

It's too bad that fat hillbilly didn't have the balls to attach an e-mail to his column, because if he did, I would blast the shit out of him.

His perspective is FAR different than the ones of fans because he gets paid to kiss ass and the fans foot the bill for it every Sunday at the games and every time they purchase something Chiefs related.

He acts like the website was calling for his execution. It was calling for his firing, which is something that generally happens in sports when you coach a unit that is in the bottom thirds of the league for THREE straight years.

Boo hoo, we hurt Greg's feelings. Greg hurt our ****ing feelings 4 weeks this year, 8 weeks last year, and 10 the year before. He cost us a Super Bowl birth. The only difference is, we didn't collect a paycheck every week after we got our hearts ripped out.

Robinson failed in KC because of his own doing. Fans had zero to do with it.

The Bad Guy 01-14-2004 12:08 PM

Head,

I could write a nice rebuttal for Gretz if you want to throw it up on the mainpage..

Just let me know. It would take me no longer than 5 minutes.

siberian khatru 01-14-2004 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
He acts like the website was calling for his execution.

Yeah, that was THIS website. Keep it straight, Blob!

keg in kc 01-14-2004 12:09 PM

Why's everyone so upset? I fully acknowledge the fact that I'm classless and deranged, and I didn't even have anything to do with the site.

Iowanian 01-14-2004 12:09 PM

It must be sent anyway badguy....It must be done.

Chris Meck 01-14-2004 12:18 PM

Greg Robinson didn't just let Vermeil and the Chiefs down, he let the fans down as well.

For that, many are bitter and mean spirited.

I understand that Robinson is not a bad guy; he tried; he just couldn't get it done.

Now, that doesn't mean I didn't spend a fair part of my sundays cursing his name; but I DO feel sorry for him as a human being.

And I DO respect him greatly for what he did on Tuesday; that was the act of a good soldier.

So let's just move on.

Chris

PastorMikH 01-14-2004 12:19 PM

"""You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work."""

So if I feel this way, does this make me classless and deranged?

Phobia 01-14-2004 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck
So let's just move on.

Chris

No. Let's arrogantly sling mud at the entire customer base instead. That sounds like the thing to do.

PastorMikH 01-14-2004 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy
Head,

I could write a nice rebuttal for Gretz if you want to throw it up on the mainpage..

Just let me know. It would take me no longer than 5 minutes.

There should probably be something about if you are more concerned with the people and their efforts invested in running an NFL team than you are in the success of that team you should root for the Lions, not the Chiefs.

:)

Iowanian 01-14-2004 12:23 PM

...without "classless" fans like me, there is no money to fund signing bonuses, contracts, stadiums, advertising, Media, practice facilities and football would go the way of........

Follow me closely here
No fans, no money, no demand, no team, no job for Greg in the first place.

Well, there is always HS football, and maybe some college football players would play for...aneducation.

Mark M 01-14-2004 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH
"""You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work."""

So if I feel this way, does this make me classless and deranged?

Probably ... but you're in good with the man upstairs, so don't worry.

It's us classless and deranged godless heathens that wanted Robinson and all of his relatives to die slow, painful deaths that he's writing about.

Not that I'm one of them or anything ...

MM
~~:)

shaneo69 01-14-2004 12:24 PM

I suggest that everyone here click on the "Sound off" link just below Gretz' article and tell him what you think about his statement that Greg Robinson, who 4 years ago was trying his best to help the Donks win a Super Bowl, cared more about the Kansas City Chiefs success than fans who have lived and died with the Chiefs for much longer than the past 3 years, and who don't get paid to care about the team.

Mark M 01-14-2004 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69
I suggest that everyone here click on the "Sound off" link just below Gretz' article and tell him what you think about his statement that Greg Robinson, who 4 years ago was trying his best to help the Donks win a Super Bowl, cared more about the Kansas City Chiefs success than fans who have lived and died with the Chiefs for much longer than the past 3 years, and who don't get paid to care about the team.

Did it about an hour ago ...

MM
~~:mad:

Skip Towne 01-14-2004 12:31 PM

Bob Gretz is an assclown. He has no room to call anyone classless and deranged. GROB got exactly what any other employee would have gotten for complete failure to do his job. There sure are a hell of a lot of us classless and deranged people.

ILChief 01-14-2004 12:44 PM

Here is what I sent Gretz, I borrowed some comments from others here:

Mr. Gretz,
I take offense with your calling those behind www.firegregrobinson.com "classless". Fact is, Greg Robinson's defense has been a complete joke for the last two seasons. I don't doubt Robinson is a good guy, but this is a results-oriented league and the results have been terrible. His "defense" costs the Chiefs their best chance at a Superbowl in forever. Excuse us fans (or paying customers) for not smiling while our defense stunk out loud in front of the whole country. As another poster on chiefsplanet.com said, If you are so worried about class, maybe tell Carl Peterson the classy thing would do would be to refund half the money people paid for playoff tickets because Robinson's half of the team didn't show up. I love the Chiefs and probably invest as much time following them as you do. While I did not create firegregrobinson.com, I did sign the petition and would gladly do it again. It wasn't about hurting Greg Robinson, it was about our team winning the Super Bowl. If that makes me classless, then I guess I (and about 3000 other of your paying customers) are. Thank you

redbrian 01-14-2004 12:44 PM

To miss quote Shakespeare, I think you ladies doth protest too much.
I have no problem with what Gretz wrote nor do I have a problem with Gretz.
If you listened to him during last weeks game you would have heard him talking about how bad the defense was, in fact all year he has been saying that this defense is bad.
But he is right you’re virulence that you are spewing on GR and now Gretz who has pointed it out does border on the irrational.
Ok ladies flame away.

memyselfI 01-14-2004 12:46 PM

If he hated the website, I'm sure he (and those he speaks for at 1 Arrowhead Drive) didn't like the Photoshop execution or napalm bombing of Greg Robinson...

let's hope they saw them and got a glimpse into what real 'class' is.

KCTitus 01-14-2004 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbrian
If you listened to him during last weeks game you would have heard him talking about how bad the defense was, in fact all year he has been saying that this defense is bad.
But he is right [your] virulence that you are spewing on GR and now Gretz who has pointed it out does border on the irrational.
Ok ladies flame away.

I was thinking the same thing...

TEX 01-14-2004 12:49 PM

I've been a Chiefs fan all my life. Who says the coaches want it more? :hmmm:

memyselfI 01-14-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus
I was thinking the same thing...

Irrational and possibly dangerous...

you never know when someone would do something stupid like start egging the guys car or vandalizing his house if he stayed here. As it was the hate was so personal but was limited to being verbal and digital but if he had stayed who knows where it could have lead.

Chiefnj 01-14-2004 12:53 PM

Quote:

But he is right you’re virulence that you are spewing on GR and now Gretz who has pointed it out does border on the irrational.
Ok ladies flame away.

What's the difference between someone who posted on the website that three years of horrible performance warrants a change in coaching, and an "insider" like Gretz who talks about how bad the defense is? I'm failing to see the distinction, in fact isn't it worse for a fellow employee to bad mouth the team?

Rain Man 01-14-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneo69

Here's mine:

Mr. Gretz,

Please do not demean the Chiefs' fan base in your column.

While you were "covering the Pittsburgh Steelers in their glory years," we were loyal to the Chiefs. While Greg Robinson was serving the Denver Broncos and Dick Vermeil was leading the Eagles, we were loyal to the Chiefs. Through rain, snow, strikes, missed kicks, 32nd-ranked defenses, and nose tackles covering wide receivers, we have been loyal to the Chiefs.

The fan base is the ultimate dogged watchdog for the team. Without us, personal loyalties would have overridden the team's best interests, and Mr. Robinson would have returned to lead another disaster on defense. While we applaud his decorum during his resignation, that resignation was made possible only by the loyalty of the fans, and our hue and cry. I applaud the professional and polite authors of firegregrobinson.com for assisting in that process.

We were here before you, before Carl, before Dick, and before everyone but Lamar. We'll still be here when you're all long gone. You may fear us or ridicule us, but you really should respect our presence.

Rain Man 01-14-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfi
Irrational and possibly dangerous...

you never know when someone would do something stupid like start egging the guys car or vandalizing his house if he stayed here. As it was the hate was so personal but was limited to being verbal and digital but if he had stayed who knows where it could have lead.

There are some really strange people on the Internet.

redbrian 01-14-2004 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj
What's the difference between someone who posted on the website that three years of horrible performance warrants a change in coaching, and an "insider" like Gretz who talks about how bad the defense is? I'm failing to see the distinction, in fact isn't it worse for a fellow employee to bad mouth the team?

The difference is in the tone, if you fail to see the difference I am unable to explain it.

PastorMikH 01-14-2004 01:01 PM

Here is a copy of what I just emailed via the email addy the Senator provided (bgretz@susqkc.com). I would suggest that anyone offended to email him with your comments...

Mr. Gretz,

I must admit, I am somewhat offended at your most recent article on the KC Chiefs website. I can understand that you probably look at Mr Robinson as a friend and do indeed feel a need to voice your support of him. But for you to call KC fans that are tired of seeing a Defense that couldn't contain the Kansas Jayhawks offense is a little overboard in my opinion.

You say in your article...

"You believe the success of the team is more important to you, than the people who give their blood, sweat and tears each and every day to make it work. You are deranged and can not a hold a candle to a man like Robinson."

It is the NFL. It is about success, period. It doesn't matter how hard a person works or how nice of a person they are, it is about putting a competitive team on the field. Our Defense has not been competitive for the 3 years Mr Robinson has been here. And to be frankly honest, there are a lot of fans that buy tickets, paraphernalia, and indeed bleed Red and Gold after every loss or injury that are tired of settling for the mediocracy on Defense. The problem is we were spoiled for years with Defenses that could be depended upon when the game was on the line. If fans, in your opinion, are "deranged" and "classless" is is because we expect so much more.

As for your comments about websites. I am not quite sure where you get the "kicking him while he is down" bit because yesterday after the newsconference, I checked one particular site and all the articles had already been pulled and a thank you for doing the right thing (Greg Robinson used the same words at the press conference by the way) was in thier place.

I would hope that when you start reffering to fans with derogatory comments you remember that they (we) are the base of support for this team. If we didn't care we wouldn't speak up.

Sincerely

M. Holman

headsnap 01-14-2004 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj

thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Rausch 01-14-2004 01:02 PM

Gretz is a Peterson-pole swallowing kiss azz, and he can cram his comments where his head is.....

I'm confident GROB was a good person, but he's a $#it coordinator. There's just no way around that: he failed MISERABLY at his job.

memyselfI 01-14-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

The difference is in the tone, if you fail to see the difference I am unable to explain it.

Don't think Gretz ever posted a piece on execution methods for Greg Robinson.

headsnap 01-14-2004 01:05 PM

Quote:

did you even read the original site?

tk13 01-14-2004 01:11 PM

Quote:

Don't think Gretz ever posted a piece on execution methods for Greg Robinson.

Come on, most people denounced that thread. You act like 90% of the people here would've mailbombed the guy....

Bootlegged 01-14-2004 01:17 PM

Wow. Guess I've done my job. I've pissed off Bob Gretz. Give me a call Gretz, then tell me how classless I am....better yet, do it face to face.

Ultra Peanut 01-14-2004 01:18 PM

Quote:

Ok ladies flame away.

From "It's not the players, it's the scheme. Greg Robinson has overstayed his welcome in Kansas City, and it's time for a change" when he still had the job to "Thank you Greg, you did the right thing" when he resigned.

Ooh, those hateful monsters over at firegregrobinson.com. :rolleyes:

memyselfI 01-14-2004 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13
Come on, most people denounced that thread. You act like 90% of the people here would've mailbombed the guy....

'Most' people? Really? Where, I must have missed it.

Oh, you mean now that he's gone people are saying 'let it go' and how stupid and dumb and pointless a thread like that was...

funny, didn't see the same sentiment much while he was still employed.

redbrian 01-14-2004 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headsnap
did you even read the original site?

[I checked one particular site and all the articles had already been pulled and a thank you for doing the right thing

I would hope that when you start [referring] to fans with derogatory comments you remember that they (we) are the base of support for this team. If we didn't care we wouldn't speak up.]

I find these two sentences say it all, the first sentence says yea there was some nasty stuff written but it was removed. So in essence no harm no foul.

The second sentence, is we as the fans have a right to be as nasty as we want to be but how dare you @#$@! (add your favorite derogatory name for a horizontally challenged person) call us on it.

Baby Lee 01-14-2004 01:21 PM

Has anyone stopped to think that all the bagging on Gigli has introduced a great deal of stress to the fledgling relationship between J-Lo and Bennifer?
Think about THAT!!!!!

Talisman 01-14-2004 01:30 PM

Quote:

If he hated the website, I'm sure he (and those he speaks for at 1 Arrowhead Drive) didn't like the Photoshop execution or napalm bombing of Greg Robinson...

Can someone give me a boost? I can't quite reach her moral high ground.

headsnap 01-14-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

[I checked one particular site and all the articles had already been pulled and a thank you for doing the right thing

I would hope that when you start [referring] to fans with derogatory comments you remember that they (we) are the base of support for this team. If we didn't care we wouldn't speak up.]

I find these two sentences say it all, the first sentence says yea there was some nasty stuff written but it was removed. So in essence no harm no foul.

where does it say there was some nasty stuff on it but it was removed?
[sarcasm]I want to thank you in advance for thinking for yourself[/sarcasm]

the articles were pulled after he resigned because THERE WAS NO LONGER A NEED FOR THEM!

here is the copy of the site that was up ten minutes before GRob resigned.
http://www.firegregrobinson.com/index2.html

click at your own risk. :rolleyes:

Baby Lee 01-14-2004 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
So here's to you Mr. Column writing bitch man.......

ROFL - evv-rywhere a splish-SPLASH!!!!

Rain Man 01-14-2004 01:39 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry, but you're not a fully functioning human if you didn't like the execution and napalm photos. I'll bet he was laughing hysterically just like everyone else.

Dartgod 01-14-2004 01:40 PM

Quote:

'Most' people? Really? Where, I must have missed it.

Oh, you mean now that he's gone people are saying 'let it go' and how stupid and dumb and pointless a thread like that was...

funny, didn't see the same sentiment much while he was still employed.

Geeeeezuz, are you really that freakin' stupid? Do you honestly think that anyone here was going to try to "execute" GRob? You go to such extremes to support your point of view; it's no surprise that very few people respect your opinion about ANYTHING!

Bob Dole 01-14-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man
I'm sorry, but you're not a fully functioning human if you didn't like the execution and napalm photos. I'll bet he was laughing hysterically just like everyone else.

Bob Dole didn't see the photos, but they sound really, really scary.

Ultra Peanut 01-14-2004 01:50 PM

Quote:

There is no excuse. We upgraded at least one player at each level in the defense this off-season. We have 5 new starters that are all unquestionably more talented than those from last year, and yet the results are the same. that's almost a 50% talent increase in the starting group. It's inexcusable to grant Robinson that talent increase and yet claim it's the players. Could you imagine giving Al Saunders a 50% talent increase on that offense?

No. It IS the scheme.

YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD!!!!!!!

|Zach| 01-14-2004 01:52 PM

I thought the photos were in poor taste and I didn't find them funny but there is no way you can actully think there was true malice behind them....thats just crazy.

dirk digler 01-14-2004 01:52 PM

I am really pissed about this article, you know if Gretz wanted to call us classless and deranged on the radio or in the newspaper, that is one thing but to have it posted on the Chiefs website really pisses me off and I don't care what disclaimer is posted underneath the column. Since it is there I take it just as if it comes directly from Lamar, Carl, or Dick and to criticize your fan base and call them names is bullshit!

GROB deserved to be fired and deserved to get the criticism that came his way, if him or anyone in the Chiefs organization can't handle it then they need to leave this profession. These guys are in a high profile position and they get paid millions of dollars to do their jobs and if they can't they need to quit or get fired plain and simple.

So FUG YOU BOB GRETZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cuss:

Bootlegged 01-14-2004 01:53 PM

I think we definitely need to put one of your emails on the front page of the site.....since it is still getting web traffic. Maybe Bob will get the hint that there was about 27,000 classless people..

teedubya 01-14-2004 01:53 PM

Lattimer and Headsnap... you are deranged and need to seek help.

ROFL

dirk digler 01-14-2004 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lattimer
I think we definitely need to put one of your emails on the front page of the site.....since it is still getting web traffic. Maybe Bob will get the hint that there was about 27,000 classless people..

:thumb:

teedubya 01-14-2004 01:55 PM

damn I missed the Robinson Napalm pic, :-(

BigRedChief 01-14-2004 01:58 PM

Quote:

Here's mine:

Mr. Gretz,

Please do not demean the Chiefs' fan base in your column.

While you were "covering the Pittsburgh Steelers in their glory years," we were loyal to the Chiefs. While Greg Robinson was serving the Denver Broncos and Dick Vermeil was leading the Eagles, we were loyal to the Chiefs. Through rain, snow, strikes, missed kicks, 32nd-ranked defenses, and nose tackles covering wide receivers, we have been loyal to the Chiefs.

The fan base is the ultimate dogged watchdog for the team. Without us, personal loyalties would have overridden the team's best interests, and Mr. Robinson would have returned to lead another disaster on defense. While we applaud his decorum during his resignation, that resignation was made possible only by the loyalty of the fans, and our hue and cry. I applaud the professional and polite authors of firegregrobinson.com for assisting in that process.

We were here before you, before Carl, before Dick, and before everyone but Lamar. We'll still be here when you're all long gone. You may fear us or ridicule us, but you really should respect our presence.

yeah what he said....

Bootlegged 01-14-2004 02:05 PM

My quick take in the "sound off" section of the kcchiefs site...

As someone involved in creating the firegregrobinson.com site, I found your column...well, classless. The fans needed a voice in the future of our defense and the site helped give some that voice. Greg is probably a great guy...but his defense DID NOT WORK in KC. Vermeil was too loyal to him and it cost us this year. For the 27,000+ people that visited and the 3,000+ that signed the petition and agreed that he needed to go....check yourself before you go calling someone else classless.

|Zach| 01-14-2004 02:08 PM

Gretz didn't say he didn't think GR shouldn't have been fired...

headsnap 01-14-2004 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lattimer

one step ahead of you. ;)

Bootlegged 01-14-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

one step ahead of you. ;)

Perfect. :thumb:

Rain Man 01-14-2004 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Damned_Dole

Post #59 of the "frazod, is that what you're looking for" thread about two days ago, and then you can work back from there. They're very, very tasteless and very, very funny.

Since Denise misunderstood, I should point out that they were satire and do not in any way reflect an intent to send 600,000 troops with M-16s to Greg Robinson's house, along with B-52's and napalm attacks.

CosmicPal 01-14-2004 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark M
<DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">After reading Bob Gretz's recent article, I've got to wonder: How can he insult the fans of the Chiefs? Classless? For wanting the defense of the team I root for to be at least mediocre, rather than the joke of the NFL? </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"> </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">For 23 years I've put my heart into this team every training camp, spent thousands of dollars on tickets, concessions and Chiefs merchandise, sat in the cold and rain, and have seen exactly 3 playoff wins. Three. I have earned the RIGHT to rip Lin Elliot for missing his kicks. I’ve earned the RIGHT to rip Grbac for throwing the ball 4 yards short. I’ve earned the RIGHT to rip Marty for all of his playoff defeats. I’ve earned the RIGHT to complain about a coordinator who was in charge of the worst defense in 2002, and the 30th in 2003. </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"> </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Sure, Robinson may be a great guy, but he's a terrible coordinator. Think about it--if I were the worst at my job, I would be, and should be, fired immediately. But football is different--you can suck and still be employed, or be good and still lose your job. At least yesterday the person who deserved a majority (although not all) of the blame took the fall. Fans may not put their “blood and sweat” into the team, but they sure as hell have put in their tears … not to mention millions of dollars that support all aspects of the organization. </DIV><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">

My sentiments are the same...nice read, and this is exactly how I feel as well. :thumb:

JazzzLovr 01-14-2004 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob_Damned_Dole

:LOL:

If you had, you would have been so traumatized that you would have moved back to Texas just to get farther away from these psychos in the KC area. ;)

PastorMikH 01-14-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

The second sentence, is we as the fans have a right to be as nasty as we want to be but how dare you @#$@! (add your favorite derogatory name for a horizontally challenged person) call us on it.

Mr Redbrian, are you per chance Bob Gretz? First off, you want to use my quotes, give credit. Second, don't take them out of context and twist them for your own purposes. Oh, and don't add any meanings into them that I didn't put in them.

philfree 01-14-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Gretz call us classless and deranged
After being on Chiefs Planet since it's beginnings I'd say Mr Gretz is pretty dead on. :shrug: So sue me!

PhilFree :arrow:

memyselfI 01-14-2004 02:59 PM

Quote:

Since Denise misunderstood, I should point out that they were satire and do not in any way reflect an intent to send 600,000 troops with M-16s to Greg Robinson's house, along with B-52's and napalm attacks.

I understand they were supposed to be 'parody' but putting a gun to someone's head is not funny.

Face it, there were hurt feelings :deevee: and angry people :fire: on the board who temporarily put their sense of common decency on the back burner while their emotions were running amok...

can't blame you for suffering from PMS or PTSD or whatever...Just don't expect people who aren't as angry or depressed as you to find holding a gun to someone's head to be funny.

tk13 01-14-2004 03:03 PM

Quote:

Can't blame you for suffering from PMS or PTSD or whatever...just don't expect people who aren't as angry or depressed as you to find holding a gun to someone's head to be funny.

Wow, a direct attack at Rain Man. I don't think I've ever seen that "attack the court jester" manuever attempted before.... we're breaking new boundries everyday in bulletin board warfare.

Dartgod 01-14-2004 03:05 PM

Quote:

Face it, there were hurt feelings :deevee: and angry people :fire: on the board who temporarily put their sense of common decency on the back burner while their emotions were running amok...

Since when was having a sense of common decency a prerequisite for posting on this BB? :hmmm:

Phobia 01-14-2004 03:07 PM

Well, this was a pretty cool thread until a certain somebody arrived.....

It happens all too often, I'm afraid.

Dartgod, will you please have the common decency to stay off all the cool threads until they've been hijacked?

Pennywise 01-14-2004 03:08 PM

Quote:

I understand they were supposed to be 'parody' but putting a gun to someone's head is not funny.

can't blame you for suffering from PMS or PTSD or whatever...Just don't expect people who aren't as angry or depressed as you to find holding a gun to someone's head to be funny.

Quite the dumbass you are.

headsnap 01-14-2004 03:09 PM

Quote:

that thread was cathartic(if you need the definition: http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cathartic scroll down for the adjective, and it's the first definition, although the other two also will work ;) ).

if you were a Chiefs fan, you would understand the loss that was experienced.

Rain Man 01-14-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Wow, a direct attack at Rain Man. I don't think I've ever seen that "attack the court jester" manuever attempted before.... we're breaking new boundries everyday in bulletin board warfare.

That was pretty cool, wasn't it? I love new things.

tk13 01-14-2004 03:14 PM

I also must admit I find it extremely ironic that a Raiders fan is making comments about how inappropriate a picture is when they support a team and organization who's legion of fans is known nationwide as a very violent group that has gone to the lengths of stabbing and urinating on people, among other things.

|Zach| 01-14-2004 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

Dartgod, will you please have the common decency to stay off all the cool threads until they've been hijacked?

http://www.nfl-world.com/forums/imag...s/hijacked.gif

tk13 01-14-2004 03:15 PM

Quote:

That was pretty cool, wasn't it? I love new things.

Yeah, how's the PMS treating ya?

JazzzLovr 01-14-2004 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia

You're on your own this time, Bob. ;)

sparkky 01-14-2004 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler
I agree with you Bob, I spend a ton of money on tickets, merchandise, and emotions and if I want to bitch and moan about the team I feel I have every right.
I totally take exception to what he said and I think it is a disgrace that he would call us that and especially to Lattimer and headsnap. I think we should start a new website called http:\\www.bobgretzisanazzclown.com

I completely agree. Every time Carl Peterson crosses his legs, you can hear Boob Gretzs' neck pop.
I suspect Boob Gretz has no facial hair due to fear of getting it caught in a zipper.
He hasn't had an original thought in over 10 years.

Dartgod 01-14-2004 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JazzzLovr

You're on your own this time, Bob. ;)

Like HE knows anything about common decency. :rolleyes:

Phobia 01-14-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod
Like HE knows anything about common decency. :rolleyes:

Sure. I know a LOT about it. I'm just a non-conformist.

memyselfI 01-14-2004 03:33 PM

Quote:

I also must admit I find it extremely ironic that a Raiders fan is making comments about how inappropriate a picture is when they support a team and organization who's legion of fans is known nationwide as a very violent group that has gone to the lengths of stabbing and urinating on people, among other things.

First of all, this isn't about the Raiders or about a football team or coach but about manipulating pictures to appear that someone is going to be shot in the head...and people justifying that type of behavior as somehow being a legit response to losing a FOOTBALL GAME. FWIW, I've been on Raiders boards for four years and have never seen something like that picture being held up as funny...MOF, the times I've seen someone try they were removed. Go figure.

2bikemike 01-14-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

This from a person who takes such joy in the troubles of our Nation, president, Or certain right wing radio hosts.

Phobia 01-14-2004 03:36 PM

Quote:

First of all, this isn't about the Raiders or about a football team or coach but about manipulating pictures to appear that someone is going to be shot in the head...and people justifying that type of behavior as somehow being a legit response to losing a FOOTBALL GAME. FWIW, I've been on Raiders boards for four years and have never seen something like that picture being held up as funny...MOF, the times I've seen someone try they were removed. Go figure.

Oh - my. Did the mods not live up to your expectations again? Shocking, indeed. I guess we understand satire and you do not. Of all the people that viewed those threads, I didn't receive one complaint using the proper channels, just some opportunistic whining on the board. Go figure.

memyselfI 01-14-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike
This from a person who takes such joy in the troubles of our Nation, president, Or certain right wing radio hosts.

Show me where I equated their miserable failures to needing to be shot in the head or executed.

It's not being angry with Greg Robinson or being disrespectful to him. It's about the lengths of which the anger and disrespect got here and the move to justify it as a response to a loss and to excuse it as somehow normal.

tk13 01-14-2004 03:39 PM

Quote:

I never said the picture wasn't necessarily offensive. I just wondered how you could support a team who's fans are 1000 times worse than this because they've actually done physical harm to people over a FOOTBALL GAME. Me, you, and everyone else posts something stupid from time to time, it's just an internet message board.

I sure hope you aren't insinuating that there are people on this board that actually want to shoot Greg Robinson in the head. If that is the case, I've got some oceanfront property here in Indiana I can sell you.