ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *** Brett Veach Appreciation Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349862)

Pitt Gorilla 02-12-2024 06:07 PM

I feel like CJ comes back, somehow, and so does LJS. WR is a cheap flyer/draft issue. Gay likely walks unless he doesn't get too much on the open market.

Titty Meat 03-09-2024 09:56 PM

Tranquill & Jones done before free agency.

What a phenomenal job just absolutely phenomenal

smithandrew051 03-09-2024 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17434316)
Tranquill & Jones done before free agency.

What a phenomenal job just absolutely phenomenal

Yeah, pretty much a top 10 defense without making another move.

Add another piece or two on that DL another impact DB in the 5th that none of us have ever heard of, and we’re in for another special defense.

Titty Meat 03-09-2024 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17434389)
Yeah, pretty much a top 10 defense without making another move.

Add another piece or two on that DL another impact DB in the 5th that none of us have ever heard of, and we’re in for another special defense.

We're going to add ATLEAST 1 more WR and this team is going to be ****ing spooky

smithandrew051 03-09-2024 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17434391)
We're going to add ATLEAST 1 more WR and this team is going to be ****ing spooky

I expect a WR in FA and at least one in the draft.

I kinda wonder if we might find some sweetheart deal with Tyron Smith so we don’t have to reach for a tackle in the draft. If/when he gets hurt, we roll with Wanya. I’m sure Smith would love to end his career with a ring.

Bump 03-09-2024 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17434391)

Add 2 players on the offense that can make some ****ing plays = ez 3 peat and they go down in history and then they'll want the 4 peat.

big nasty kcnut 03-09-2024 11:01 PM

Thank again Bork laser!

RunKC 03-09-2024 11:13 PM

Don’t ever compare John Dorsey to this man again

Bump 03-09-2024 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17434477)

An offense worthy of a ban, IMO

ThyKingdomCome15 03-09-2024 11:25 PM

GOAT in the making!

comochiefsfan 03-10-2024 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17434477)

Bring back John Dorsey to draft and let Veach work the cap.

Best of both worlds.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-10-2024 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17434534)

Best of both worlds.

He did win a lot of Super Bowls and did so well in CLE.

comochiefsfan 03-10-2024 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 17434560)
He did win a lot of Super Bowls and did so well in CLE.

He also drafted 4 Hall of Famers in like 5 drafts in KC.

He’s one of the great talent evaluators in NFL history.

Veach has been great but I don’t understand why we can’t acknowledge that there would be no Super Bowls without John Dorsey as there would be no Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Chris Jones or Tyreek Hill.

This man built the core of the Chiefs dynasty and Veach fine tuned it.

JPH83 03-10-2024 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17434578)

Veach has been great but I don’t understand why we can’t acknowledge that there would be no Super Bowls without John Dorsey as there would be no Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, Chris Jones or Tyreek Hill.

I would take Veach over Dorsey every time without the slightest hesitation. He may even be a better overall evaluator when you consider his later round picks and the overall quantity of contributors. But, yeah, those picks were unreal by Dorsey and obviously are a MASSIVE reason for our success. I don't really get why people don't think "he did a great job for us in the draft, and then we upgraded with a guy who could also deal with the cap and wasnt a bellend"...both have been huge reasons for our success.

mnchiefsguy 03-10-2024 07:27 AM

Quote:

We would have Mahomes without John Dorsey.

tredadda 03-10-2024 08:29 AM

Quote:

He did draft Mahomes, but only because of Veach and his obsession over him. Hill was a gamble that paid off, and Kelce/Jones were good picks by Dorsey. Now they won 1 SB with Hill. The last 2 SBs were absolutely a product of Veach’s drafting more than just Dorsey’s players. You fail to give Veach much credit because of some bizarre man crush on Dorsey. It’s genuinely sad.

BigRedChief 03-10-2024 09:16 AM

From Lance the spoken

Notable players that Brett Veach has drafted since 2020:

Creed Humphrey
Trent McDuffie
L'Jarius Sneed
Isiah Pacheco
Trey Smith
Rashee Rice
Nick Bolton
George Karlaftis III
Willie Gay Jr.
Mike Danna
Leo Chenal
Bryan Cook
Noah Gray
Jaylen Watson
Chamarri Conner
Joshua Williams

This doesn't include 3rd year hopeful Nazeeh Johnson and 2nd year hopefuls in FAU, Wanya Morris and Nic Jones.

In other words, there is a legitimate chance that Brett Veach has hit on 20 of his last 29 draft picks.

Simply put, that's insanely great.

Get Brett Veach as many draft picks as possible.

Bowser 03-10-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17434534)

Best of both worlds.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d22d...itemid=5228178

Sassy Squatch 03-10-2024 11:41 AM

Serious question. Can anybody name a day 3 pick Dorsey made his entire time here outside of Tyreek Hill?

smithandrew051 03-10-2024 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17434954)
Serious question. Can anybody name a day 3 pick Dorsey made his entire time here outside of Tyreek Hill?

How could you forget Dadi Nicolas?

Sassy Squatch 03-10-2024 11:47 AM

Nico Johnson
Sanders Commings
Eric Kush
Braden Wilson
Mike Catapano

DeAnthony Thomas
Aaron Murray
Zach Fulton
Laurent Duverney Tardif

Ramik Wilson
DJ Alexander
James O'Shaughnessy
Rakeem Nunes Roches
Daron Brown

Parker Ehinger
Eric Murray
Demarcus Robinson
Kevin Hogan
Tyreek Hill
DJ White
Dadi Nicholas

Jehu Chesson
Ukeme Eligwe
Leon McQuay

Sassy Squatch 03-10-2024 11:55 AM

Armani Watts
Tremon Smith
Kahlil McKenzie

Rashod Fenton
Darwin Thompson
Nick Allegretto

L'Jarius Sneed
Michael Danna
Thakarius Keyes

Joshua Kaindoh
Noah Gray
Cornell Powell
Trey Smith

Joshua Williams
Darian Kinnard
Jaylen Watson
Isiah Pacheco
Nazeeh Johnson

Chamarri Connor
BJ Johnson
Keondre Coburn
Nic Jones

RealSNR 03-10-2024 12:01 PM

Quote:

Who's the better GM? Dorsey or Veach?

If you say Dorsey I'mma smacka you in da face!!

comochiefsfan 03-10-2024 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17434982)
Who's the better GM? Dorsey or Veach?

If you say Dorsey I'mma smacka you in da face!!

Veach does the overall job better.

Better with contracts, better with people. He’s just a better fit for where we are now.

But John Dorsey drafted four hall of famers here and built the core of our dynasty. Just because we all love Veach doesn’t mean we can’t acknowledge and thank Dorsey for his contributions to our current run. Because those contributions are gigantic.

Womble 03-10-2024 06:44 PM

The only logical conclusion I can draw from this is Brett Veach had sex with comochiefsfan's mum and Dorsey is his dad.

Bowser 03-10-2024 06:49 PM

I remember feeling sure Jehu Chesson was going to be a diamond in the rough pick.

Chieftain 03-10-2024 06:54 PM

Dorsey was very good at evaluating talent but so is Veach. We got our 1st Lombardi of the Reid era thanks in part to Burt's savviness and ability to identify talent. Bringing in Frank Clark, Tyrann Matthew and Damien Williams proved crucial. Without those three guys, we don't win the SB. Drafting talent is one piece of the puzzle. Adding complimentary pieces is where Burt has done the heavy damage.

carlos3652 03-10-2024 10:27 PM

I didn’t see this talked about enough but Veach’s contract structures has been nothing short of incredible.

Didn’t we have contract issues with Dorsey?

This alone, and playing the cap game to perfection, should get him GM of the year.

frozenchief 03-12-2024 12:37 PM

Just saw this on Twitter. Not directly Veach related but I post it for the incredible contrast with Veach. In KC, Veach is keeping SB-winning talent together while our QB is one of the top paid QBs in the league. Meanwhile, Buffalo is off-loading talent right and left because of their salary cap issues. Denver is going to eat $85M in dead cap space over the next 2 years because they traded for post-injury Russell Wilson. The Bengals are likewise having cap issues. Worst of all:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">By popular request, combining the Brian Burns, Bryce Young, and Christian McCaffrey trades:<br><br>the Panthers traded:<br><br>+ 2024 1.01 or QB Caleb Williams<br>+ RB Christian McCaffrey<br>+ WR D.J. Moore<br>+ 2023 Round 1 pick (top-10)<br>+ 2023 Round 2 pick<br>+ 2024 Round 1 pick<br>+ 2025 Round 1 pick…</p>&mdash; Scott Barrett (@ScottBarrettDFB) <a href="https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/status/1767329817093902582?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 11, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There are truly a number of shitty GMs in this league.

Yes, we have Mahomes. We also have Andy Reid and Travis Kelce. But the Dolphins had Dan Marino, Mark Duper, and Mark Clayton playing and also Don Shula as a HC. What's the difference? Even if Veach is not THE reason, he's a MAJOR reason why we have 4 SBs in the past 6 years and Marino never got 1.

Coochie liquor 03-28-2024 05:55 PM

*** Brett Veach Appreciation Thread ***

Saw this.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...377778b4d8.jpg
Just more. Proof Veach is playing the long game. Philly is gonna burn soon.

Sassy Squatch 03-28-2024 06:08 PM

Eagles are probably going to force the NFL to change the rules here pretty soon. Think they have something like 350+ million currently in void years.

In58men 03-28-2024 06:11 PM

Please educate me, what are void years?

Sassy Squatch 03-28-2024 06:18 PM

Honestly don't know the intricacies and what money you can and can't do with it, but let's use Hollywood Brown as an example. Hypothetically, we signed him for 11 million dollars but don't have the cap space to fit it all in this year. So they'd write the contract to automatically void in 2025, spread the money over however many years, and he'd be a free agent. Technically it'd be a multi year deal even though in actuality it's a 1 year 11 million dollar deal.

scho63 03-28-2024 06:19 PM

Some teams like the Pats and Commanders could have nearly $100 million in cap next year from rolling this years lack of spending.