ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347151)

TripleThreat 01-24-2023 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 16760852)
No.

They are DEFENDING AFC Champs, this year is currently in progress.

As my father always told me "Pick your battles".

MahomesIsTheMVP 01-24-2023 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 16760852)
No.

They are DEFENDING AFC Champs, this year is currently in progress.

I’ve always been of the belief that a champion is a champion until someone takes it from them. They are the champions until someone takes it from them.

POND_OF_RED 01-24-2023 11:21 AM

Haha. I should probably get off Chiefsplanet the rest of the year to hide in humility. In my defense I had some dental surgery yesterday and took way too many muscle relaxers and smoked too many bong bowls for it to not even be noon yet. I’ll see myself out. **** the Bengals nonetheless.

BWillie 01-24-2023 11:21 AM

We deserve all the smack talking we are being given.

Don't like the shit talking when it's not warranted but they have pwned us 3 straight times. Taking the Super Bowl from us last year after we were up big at half time.

They have earned the right to talk shit. We have to take their ability to be able to do it away. Play to ****ing win boys, leggo

arrwheader 01-24-2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 16760868)

Don't like the shit talking when it's not warranted but they have pwned us 3 straight times. Taking the Super Bowl from us last year after we were up big at half time.

They have earned the right to talk shit. We have to take their ability to be able to do it away. Play to ****ing win boys, leggo

Pwned us? They have won yes but only by 3 points each time. Toss up games. To me it doesn't warrant the amount of shit they are talking. They also LOST the SB LOL. They haven't won shit. These guys are ****ing clowns.

That being said, Chiefs need to shut them up.

Wisconsin_Chief 01-24-2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Yep, pretty much this simple.

If anything, this will only help us. Not that we should have needed it, but if they beat us again, it’s officially their conference until further notice.

arrwheader 01-24-2023 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesIsTheMVP (Post 16760866)
I’ve always been of the belief that a champion is a champion until someone takes it from them. They are the champions until someone takes it from them.

Sure, not way off mark. I think my description is more accurate givin the season is still in progress. If they lost last week they are not AFC Champs or are they? See my point?

penguinz 01-24-2023 11:27 AM

What was the result when the Buccs players were talking shit leading up to game time?

MahomesIsTheMVP 01-24-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 16760888)
Sure, not way off mark. I think my description is more accurate givin the season is still in progress. If they lost last week they are not AFC Champs or are they? See my point?

I understand your thought process. 👍

Mine has always been the previous year’s champion is champions until there is a new champion crowned. It’s just the way I’ve always perceived it. I consider the Rams the champions even though they were eliminated a long time ago. They won’t be the champions until a new one is crowned.

I just think a championship should last more than a few months.

ChiTown 01-24-2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 16760867)
Haha. I should probably get off Chiefsplanet the rest of the year to hide in humility. In my defense I had some dental surgery yesterday and took way too many muscle relaxers and smoked too many bong bowls for it to not even be noon yet. I’ll see myself out. **** the Bengals nonetheless.

It's ok, Bro. We all have our moments.:D

Oxford 01-24-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16760462)
They have never won vs us by more than a touchdown.
They have played three clean games, that it. We had them this year till Kelce Fumble.

I agree with your points, however a QB with limited mobility outside the pocket and OT's that can't pass block don't leave a lot of optimism. I think the way to beat them is to pound the rock to wear down the defensive line then after you tenderize them, you can go for the kill shot plays.

Andy will not do this. At home I think you have to dominate them on the line to break their spirit. Just saying... hoping PMII is going to destroy them.

CupidStunt 01-24-2023 11:46 AM

Quote:

Smack talk in general is for insecure losers. Have we ever seen Mahomes, Kelce, Jones etc talk trash on other teams -- even after actually WINNING a ring, not just getting a sniff of it?

The Chiefs act like they've been here before. Maybe because they have. 5 years in a row. Even if a new guy (JReid) gets SLIGHTLY out of line, AReid immediately buried that shit. And JReid has played his best ball since.

I guess the Bungles bus driver HC, other than being too soft to speak up against that shit, might be thinking, "hey, it works for us," but their luck will run out real soon and suddenly the trash talking backfires badly.

htismaqe 01-24-2023 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16760828)
Us sure....the team wouldn't be doing it.

Exactly. The fans are the fans - this Bengals team is loud and brash. They wanted to play the underdog card all season and now that they're the favorite, they don't know how to shut it off. Either that or they can't shut it off, because it's the only thing fueling them.

They're a team full of shitty people. That's it.

The Franchise 01-24-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16760965)
Exactly. The fans are the fans - this Bengals team is loud and brash. They wanted to play the underdog card all season and now that they're the favorite, they don't know how to shut it off. Either that or they can't shut it off, because it's the only thing fueling them.

They're a city full of shitty people.

Rainbarrel 01-24-2023 11:53 AM

Put down some deposits in Arizona Bengals fans... :fire:

Mecca 01-24-2023 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16760965)

It's kind of interesting people are finally seeing what a smug dickface Burrow is.

htismaqe 01-24-2023 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16760969)
They're a city full of shitty people.

Funny story. There was a Bengals fan posting smack on a Chiefs page this morning. Everybody ganged up on him and asked him why he was there. He said even though he didn't want them, Chiefs pages kept showing up in his timeline.

I had to explain to him that an algorithm is showing him Chiefs pages BECAUSE he's posting on Chiefs pages. He didn't get it.

Pepe Silvia 01-24-2023 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16760658)
We will see what happens when every bounce doesn't go their way.

The problem is it ALWAYS does. :(

The Franchise 01-24-2023 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16761001)
Funny story. There was a Bengals fan posting smack on a Chiefs page this morning. Everybody ganged up on him and asked him why he was there. He said even though he didn't want them, Chiefs pages kept showing up in his timeline.

I had to explain to him that an algorithm is showing him Chiefs pages BECAUSE he's posting on Chiefs pages. He didn't get it.

Makes sense. They aren't the ****ing smartest people.

Mecca 01-24-2023 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16761030)
Makes sense. They aren't the ****ing smartest people.

A lot of them are from Kentucky so...

straycash 01-24-2023 12:11 PM

Burrowhead be gettin' PTSD/CTE come sunday

FloridaMan88 01-24-2023 12:35 PM

Hope they get Burrowed at GEHAY Field.

007 01-24-2023 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16760504)
Eat **** pie, queer.

ROFL

**** pie?

DRM08 01-24-2023 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16760596)
What? They had no injuries to their Oline when they played us on 12-4? That Oline hadn't given up more than 2 sacks a game since Halloween. 60% new starters coming into playoff Arrowhead gives us a chance with a hobbled Mahomes.

They supposedly had a bad OL last season and the KC defense really struggled to get pressure on Burrow. He has a very quick release and KC doesn’t have edge rushers like Myles Garrett to make a difference.

ChiTown 01-24-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16760519)
KC scored 3 points in the second half last year, with multiple turnovers, yet still took the game to OT.

The Bengals aren't coming into Arrowhead with 40% of their OL intact and scoring on every drive. Not happening.

Oxford made a post that was 100% emotional and 0% intellectual/factual. That's called being a waste of space on this Board. F him.

BleedingRed 01-24-2023 12:50 PM

BurrowHead is so ****ing Ohio lame....

Thats what they came up with?

htismaqe 01-24-2023 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16761131)
BurrowHead is so ****ing Ohio lame....

Thats what they came up with?

It's better than Joe BRRRRRRRR. ****ing stupid.

007 01-24-2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Shit talking is for assholes. I hate assholes.

ptlyon 01-24-2023 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 16761141)
Shit talking is for assholes. I hate assholes.

Weird. Always thought it was broken hearts.

TEX 01-24-2023 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16760978)
It's kind of interesting people are finally seeing what a smug dickface Burrow is.

Very true. I liked the guy in college, but not anymore. It has everything to do with how much of an arrogant little p**** that f***head is.

BleedingRed 01-24-2023 01:04 PM

Bro,

Burrow hasn't even started his 2nd act... His team over next two offseasons is going to get picked apart.

Bengal_Guy 01-24-2023 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16761166)
Very true. I liked the guy in college, but not anymore. It has everything to do with how much of an arrogant little p**** that f***head is.

Can you point to something specific that Joe Burrow has said that would be considered shit talking or arrogant?

BleedingRed 01-24-2023 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengal_Guy (Post 16761173)
Can you point to something specific that Joe Burrow has said that would be considered shit talking or arrogant?

Smoking cigars before he gets a SuperBowl.... He lost the SUPER BOWL to ****ing Matt Stafford.... EMBARRASING

htismaqe 01-24-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

"Better send those refunds"

He's either arrogant or just plain dumb. The sell advance playoff tickets every year.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:08 PM

Quote:

Sitting around smoking cigars when you win divisional round games is a smug thing to do...he's the leader of a team that is full of cocky smug dicks.

DRM08 01-24-2023 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16761169)
Bro,

Burrow hasn't even started his 2nd act... His team over next two offseasons is going to get picked apart.

They won’t start to feel the impact of Burrow & Chase’s new contracts until several years down the road. The biggest question will eventually be the defense, which has only given up 18 points per game in the last 2 playoff runs. But they still have 3-4 years before the huge money kicks in on their QB & main receiver.

htismaqe 01-24-2023 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16761194)
They won’t start to feel the impact of Burrow & Chase’s new contracts until several years down the road. The biggest question will eventually be the defense, which has only given up 18 points per game in the last 2 playoff runs. But they still have 3-4 years before the huge money kicks in on their QB & main receiver.

The Bengals reportedly want to sign Burrow this offseason. That will help them in that it staggers the hits from Burrow and Chase. But that means Burrow's big money will kick in as early as 2024.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16761189)
"Better send those refunds"

He's either arrogant or just plain dumb. The sell advance playoff tickets every year.

The entire being offended about selling playoff tickets and refund shit is the dumbest shit ever, they are either being intentionally obtuse or they're idiots.

They're own team sold tickets for Jacksonville @ Cincinatti.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16761198)
The Bengals reportedly want to sign Burrow this offseason. That will help them in that it staggers the hits from Burrow and Chase. But that means Burrow's big money will kick in as early as 2024.

Those 2 will be kept at top end prices which means they can say bye to Tee Higgins, Jackie Bates and that list goes on and on.

htismaqe 01-24-2023 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16761204)
The entire being offended about selling playoff tickets and refund shit is the dumbest shit ever, they are either being intentionally obtuse or they're idiots.

They're own team sold tickets for Jacksonville @ Cincinatti.

Exactly. They're all about manufacturing slights. They're arguably the best team in the AFC and they still have to manufacture to get motivated. Says a lot about them as a team.

Bengal_Guy 01-24-2023 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16761190)
Sitting around smoking cigars when you win divisional round games is a smug thing to do...he's the leader of a team that is full of cocky smug dicks.

Burrow did not smoke a cigar for a Division round win and has stated cigars are for championships. Eli Apple is an idiot and was smoking a cigar. Even Bengal fans don't like that guy. Better send refunds is something any team would have said if situations were reversed and I am sure Mahomes would have said something similar.

htismaqe 01-24-2023 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengal_Guy (Post 16761222)
Burrow did not smoke a cigar for a Division round win and has stated cigars are for championships. Eli Apple is an idiot and was smoking a cigar. Even Bengal fans don't like that guy. Better send refunds is something any team would have said if situations were reversed and I am sure Mahomes would have said something similar.

Mahomes wouldn't EVER say something like that. Shows how much you know.

Reroka 01-24-2023 01:15 PM

Why would Arrowhead be called this? he only beat us once here. The other 2 times were in Ciny correct?

HC_Chief 01-24-2023 01:16 PM

Quote:

Wrong. Mahomes would have spent that time praising his teammates, coaches, fans, and opponent. He is all class.

The Franchise 01-24-2023 01:16 PM

Quote:

Have you watched Mahomes.....ever?

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:16 PM

Quote:

The Chiefs don't need fake stories to get hyped up about.

Reroka 01-24-2023 01:17 PM

Quote:

Mahomes would never say anything like that, just shows you how little you know about Patrick.

Patrick has class, unlike Joe.

DRM08 01-24-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16761198)

They get to use Year 4 of Burrow’s rookie deal and the 5th year option, same thing KC & Buffalo did with their QB’s. Cincy also has 3 cheap years left with Chase including his 5th year option. At bare minimum I think they will still have a pretty loaded team for 2023 and 2024 seasons. Then it will start getting harder to keep the strong defense going. If they manage to hang on to their DC long term, that would be huge for them.

Marcellus 01-24-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 16760628)
Chiefs... Bengals don't feel pressure. They roll against the Chiefs the way the Chiefs roll against Broncos.

You guys really have those 3 games we lost by a total of 9pts rattling around in your heads don't you?

The odds of Cincy winning 4 straight let alone 4 close one score games in a row is extremely low. At this point the law of averages works towards KC as long as we keep it close.

TEX 01-24-2023 01:18 PM

Quote:

Oh, I easily could. But dont feel like going through the trouble. I'm sure you can do your own research on the subject. There's plenty out there. But, what I do feel like doing is telling you to eat shit and to f*** right on off. Is that specific enough for you? :shrug:

TambaBerry 01-24-2023 01:19 PM

You all really hate Burrow? I think he's awesome and if we didn't have Mahomes I'd love to have him. How his team especially the defense are a bunch of assholes.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:20 PM

It also doesn't help that Cincy is a dirty team.

htismaqe 01-24-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16761238)
They get to use Year 4 of Burrow’s rookie deal and the 5th year option, same thing KC & Buffalo did with their QB’s. Cincy also has 3 cheap years left with Chase including his 5th year option. At bare minimum I think they will still have a pretty loaded team for 2023 and 2024 seasons. Then it will start getting harder to keep the strong defense going. If they manage to hang on to their DC long term, that would be huge for them.

They're not going to use the 5th year option if things go the way they want. They've said publicly they want to give Burrow a long term deal after this season.

And hanging on to the DC long term is going to be difficult. He's going to get a HC coaching gig if they keep playing like this.

notorious 01-24-2023 01:21 PM

Shut them up.

It's the only way.

notorious 01-24-2023 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16761246)
You all really hate Burrow? I think he's awesome and if we didn't have Mahomes I'd love to have him. How his team especially the defense are a bunch of assholes.

I think he's awesome. Haven't heard the douchey stuff, either.

DRM08 01-24-2023 01:23 PM

Quote:

Do what? Mahomes would not have said that. But I would say the Chiefs could easily tell your team to provide refunds for all those tickets your stadium sold expecting a Jaguars game in Cincy. This is how playoff ticketing works. There was nothing special about advance tickets being sold in Atlanta. Your own stadium was doing the same damn thing in anticipation of a Jaguars matchup.

The only thing that was messed up is that Cincy & Buffalo should have been a neutral site game. Y’all got screwed on that for sure. But quit complaining about advance ticket sales when your own stadium was doing it too. That’s hypocrisy.

Bengal_Guy 01-24-2023 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 16761244)
Oh, I easily could. But dont feel like going through the trouble. I'm sure you can do your own research on the subject. There's plenty out there. But, what I do feel like doing is telling you to eat shit and to f*** right on off. Is that specific enough for you? :shrug:

i.e. You know there really is none aside from the refunds comment. I will F right off though as this is your board but I'll pass on the shit eating if it's all the same because that's just gross.

FloridaMan88 01-24-2023 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16761242)
You guys really have those 3 games we lost by a total of 9pts rattling around in your heads don't you?

The odds of Cincy winning 4 straight let alone 4 close one score games in a row is extremely low. At this point the law of averages works towards KC as long as we keep it close.

This.

Cincy's three wins were each by 3 points, they came back from double digit deficits in two of those games, and they were gifted with fluky/unlucky shit vs the Chiefs in each game... Pringle's 89 yard kickoff TD return getting called back, the Chiefs blowing a gimme scoring play at the end of the first half of the AFC Championship Game, a rare Kelce fumble, etc.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:25 PM

Trey Hendrickson is notably a dirty ****..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bengals?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bengals</a> pass rusher Trey Hendrickson rolling into <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Bills</a> QB Josh Allen’s legs <br><br>Was this play dirty? <a href="https://t.co/OQrYh5HvAJ">pic.twitter.com/OQrYh5HvAJ</a></p>&mdash; MLFootball (@_MLFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MLFootball/status/1610729590443446272?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 4, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Direct blow<br>Hopefully only contusion<br>Certainly painfu <a href="https://t.co/of52X6gkIp">pic.twitter.com/of52X6gkIp</a></p>&mdash; David J. Chao - ProFootballDoc (@ProFootballDoc) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1614829324649263105?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 16, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

htismaqe 01-24-2023 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 16761261)
This.

Cincy's three wins were each by 3 points, they came back from double digit deficits in two of those games, and they were gifted with fluky/unlucky shit vs the Chiefs in each game... Pringle's 89 yard kickoff TD return getting called back, the Chiefs blowing a gimme scoring play at the end of the first half of the AFC Championship Game, a rare Kelce fumble, etc.

If they had kicked a FG at the end of that first half, OT never happens and the Chiefs win. That's how close it was.

kysirsoze 01-24-2023 01:26 PM

Quote:

How about "the window is my whole career"? That do anything for ya?

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:28 PM

I'm going to be very real, if any pass rusher rolls at a QB's legs like that when he realizes he isn't getting there...

He should have his knees chopped repeatedly as a message.

TwistedChief 01-24-2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

"The [Super Bowl] window is my whole career." - Joe Burrow

No way Patrick would say anything like that and arrogantly make it all about him.

Bengal_Guy 01-24-2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 16761268)
How about "the window is my whole career"? That do anything for ya?

That's a QB telling fans/ownership I am here for the long haul. He is simply saying he's not going to leave after one contract so the window is not closing.

kysirsoze 01-24-2023 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengal_Guy (Post 16761274)
That's a QB telling fans/ownership I am here for the long haul. He is simply saying he's not going to leave after one contract so the window is not closing.

That is absolutely not what he's saying and I think you know that. Your interpretation makes zero sense.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:32 PM

Quote:

Your QB is an assface, just admit it. He isn't all class like Mahomes is.

TEX 01-24-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengal_Guy (Post 16761260)
i.e. You know there really is none aside from the refunds comment. I will F right off though as this is your board but I'll pass on the shit eating if it's all the same because that's just gross.

Like I said, do your own research on the matter. Im not wasting my time because there is no way you'll accept any of it. Gross you say? It's pretty clear that you'll eat the s***** he spews all day long, and enjoy it.

Marcellus 01-24-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16761265)
If they had kicked a FG at the end of that first half, OT never happens and the Chiefs win. That's how close it was.

:harumph: :deevee:

TwistedChief 01-24-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Can you provide any evidence that this was in the context of a discussion about his potentially moving on after his rookie contract?

The dude was asked about whether the team was in its championship window headed into the postseason - not about his career plans with the Bengals - and he basically said that coaches and players will turn over but the Super Bowl window is his entire career. He literally made it all about him.

Bengal_Guy 01-24-2023 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16761285)
Your QB is an assface, just admit it. He isn't all class like Mahomes is.

ROFL

DRM08 01-24-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16761273)
"The [Super Bowl] window is my whole career." - Joe Burrow

No way Patrick would say anything like that and arrogantly make it all about him.

If he’s actually serious about that, he should sign a much cheaper contract than other QB’s. I’m talking $20M per year at most. We’ll see what he does, but I am guessing the contract will be $50M per year or more based on recent contracts for Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, & Deshaun Watson.

htismaqe 01-24-2023 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 16761301)
If he’s actually serious about that, he should sign a much cheaper contract than other QB’s. I’m talking $20M per year at most. We’ll see what he does, but I am guessing the contract will be $50M per year or more based on recent contracts for Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, & Deshaun Watson.

Joe Burrow is going to be the highest-paid QB in the league for a brief period after he signs his new contract. Bank on it.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 16761303)
Joe Burrow is going to be the highest-paid QB in the league for a brief period after he signs his new contract. Bank on it.

Then he'll be unhappy when he no longer has an all star cast around him.

NIUhuskies 01-24-2023 01:36 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@getnickwright</a> has updated his Top 3 QBs in the league and you won’t believe who’s #3 😅 <a href="https://t.co/vUTyu8duEb">pic.twitter.com/vUTyu8duEb</a></p>&mdash; First Things First (@FTFonFS1) <a href="https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1617628847960121346?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 23, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChiTown 01-24-2023 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16761294)
Can you provide any evidence that this was in the context of a discussion about his potentially moving on after his rookie contract?

The dude was asked about whether the team was in its championship window headed into the postseason - not about his career plans with the Bengals - and he basically said that coaches and players will turn over but the Super Bowl window is his entire career. He literally made it all about him.

yEs!!!!!! bUt Do yOu HaVe AnY eViDeNce!!!!!!!!

Marcellus 01-24-2023 01:38 PM

I actually like Burrow and his cockiness is amusing, he is a little smug.

What I don't like is how Burrow's cockiness is just so aaaawesssomee to media etc...but Mahomes catches 10x the shit Burrow does from fans and media while being 10x more humble.

Mahomes hasn't beaten the Burrow led Bungles YET, but it will happen. And Mahomes HAS done a mega shit ton more than Burrow has at this point in their careers, put the respect on Mahomes name the man deserves.

Bengal_Guy 01-24-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 16761294)

We will agree to disagree but regardless of how Chief's fans perceive Burrow, he is here to stay. Hope Mahomes is healthy and ready for try #4.

Mecca 01-24-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 16761312)
I actually like Burrow and his cockiness is amusing, he is a little smug.

What I don't like is how Burrow's cockiness is just so aaaawesssomee to media etc...but Mahomes catches 10x the shit Burrow does from fans and media while being 10x more humble.

Mahomes hasn't beaten the Burrow led Bungles YET, but it will happen. And Mahomes HAS done a mega shit ton more than Burrow has at this point in their careers, put the respect on Mahomes name the man deserves.

I'm not sure there's ever been a player more lucky than Joe Burrow, wins a national title in college on a team full of high end NFL players...goes to the NFL and is surrounded by a cast of elite talent...

I'd like to see Burrow do it without the best of the best around him.

King_Chief_Fan 01-24-2023 01:41 PM

Why are the Chiefs even bother to play this week?

Bengals are getting toasted as the better team and will move on to SB. ESPN can't help themselves with the Bengals love

NFL live also

TwistedChief 01-24-2023 01:42 PM

I get it that Bengals fans want to defend Joe Burrow. If he were on our side, we'd worship the ground he walks on.

But don't for a second compare him to Mahomes in terms of humility. Mahomes exudes class at every opportunity while being a 'competitive prick' and absolute assassin on the field. Burrow on the other hand is spending time trolling fans of the opposing team and talking about how the team's SB aspirations run through him.

I know which one I'd rather have.