ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Nzoner's wife has passed (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341173)

redfan 12-09-2021 03:53 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. RIP

sedated 12-09-2021 04:09 PM

That is awful to hear :( I also thought things were getting better. So sorry for your loss, Joe. She is one of the sweetest people I've ever met.

stumppy 12-09-2021 04:31 PM

I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry for your loss Nzoner.

Demonpenz 12-09-2021 04:34 PM

God gives the biggest fights to the toughest soilders

Ming the Merciless 12-09-2021 04:43 PM

oh no...

hugs and condolences man...

im so sorry for your loss...

2bikemike 12-09-2021 04:55 PM

So.sorry to hear this. May she rest in peace.

kccrow 12-09-2021 05:04 PM

Sorry for your loss. I hope the memories of her give you comfort. May God give you and your family strength during your time of grief and the peace in knowing she has gone to a better place.

kc rush 12-09-2021 05:45 PM

Ugh. Prayers for Joe.

srvy 12-09-2021 06:03 PM

Though I have never met the Nzoners they are part of this large family we call Chiefs Planet. My impressions through posts and messages these are salt of the earth folks. So we grieve and pray for their loss. I pray for the lord to ease the pain of the loss of your wife. She is now ascending to a place of no pain and awaiting a time when you all will be together in eternity. RIP

Stryker 12-09-2021 06:46 PM

Man I feel so sad inside right now. I am so sorry for your loss - prayers from my family to yours.

T-post Tom 12-09-2021 07:08 PM

May God bless and comfort you during these difficult times.

REDHOTGTO 12-09-2021 07:33 PM

so sorry to hear joe, you're in my thoughts and prayers

2112 12-09-2021 07:49 PM

This is so sad. She was such a sweetheart, as is Joe. :( I’m pretty upset about this. Prayers to Joe and the family.

Halfcan 12-09-2021 07:55 PM

This really breaks my heart. She was always so kind to me the few times I got to meet her in person. She bought my first book and had kind things to say. She sent me a book about her amazing grandmother, who was a local hero. We have been FB friends for years and I have always enjoyed her sweet, inspirational post.

Best wishes to Joe and their entire family.

sully1983 12-09-2021 08:00 PM

Major condolences to Nzoner and his family. RIP to his wife. I can't imagine what he's going thru and wish him and his family all the best.
We have your back 100% Nzoner.

Halfcan 12-09-2021 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie (Post 15999435)
I was with Joe when she passed on. It was the hardest decision he ever had to make to remove her from life support but she was suffering and is now at peace. His comfort comes from knowing she is in a far better place. No more pain and discomfort. She is dancing with the angels now.

:( I am so sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine how hard that was for Joe.

Halfcan 12-09-2021 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 15999245)
This literally brings me to tears. I'm thankful that she is no longer in pain and that she is now with her Lord and Savior, but this world is definitely worse off with her absence. She was an extra special lady who was constantly thinking of others. It takes an extraordinarily patient and accommodating person to put up with a house full of drunks, and she did that several times. She really was an awesome person, and so great to talk to. My heart aches for Joe, and I'll definitely be thinking of him and their family during this difficult time.

Well said. :thumb:

Coochie liquor 12-09-2021 08:28 PM

Bless up my bruddah. I would be completely lost without my wife. You will be in our prayers. One love!

threebag 12-09-2021 09:22 PM

Prayers

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-09-2021 09:35 PM

Prayers sent

cdcox 12-09-2021 10:07 PM

Heartbreaking. I’m so sorry, Joe.

Pogue 12-09-2021 10:15 PM

My condolences to Nzoner & friends.

ChiefsFanatic 12-09-2021 10:39 PM

Thoughts and Prayers sent

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

booger 12-09-2021 10:44 PM

Never had the pleasure of meeting either of you but have admired both of you with your hospitality and knowing the impression you make on all the CP members. Just by being yourselves, wonderful people. I can’t imagine what that’s like but it sounds like you made the only choice there was to make. Keep family and friends close to you brother. Will be praying for you and all her/your family and loved ones

May she Rest In Peace

Pitt Gorilla 12-09-2021 11:32 PM

So sorry to hear that. :(

BryanBusby 12-09-2021 11:38 PM

Condolences

KurtCobain 12-09-2021 11:51 PM

Joe, I am so happy I had the chance to meet both of you and watch the chiefs win the superbowl together. May she rest easy.

bevischief 12-09-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 15999254)
Wow I'm so sorry Joe. The world lost a special person. RIP Kathy

This.

bevischief 12-09-2021 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 15999497)
I'm really sorry to hear this. I never met Mrs. Nzoner, but we all know what a great guy he is, so I'm sure she was a splendid person. Best wishes to Nzoner going forward.

Yes she was.

bevischief 12-10-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 15999492)
Very sorry to see this. I've never had the pleasure to meet Nzoner in person, but he's been a friend to the CP for a very long time. Nobody has adequate words at a time like this. Take comfort that your friends love you.

So we need to setup somewhere to meet you in public, watch a game, take pictures.

bevischief 12-10-2021 12:13 AM

Is there thing setup for people to send donations too yet? Or this that something help is needed for?

bevischief 12-10-2021 12:22 AM

Outside the obvious is there anything he needs help with? Yet as know.

ClevelandBronco 12-10-2021 06:43 AM

I’m sorry for all who knew her and who now will miss her until you’re reunited.

The Franchise 12-10-2021 08:44 AM

RIP.

So sorry for your loss, Joe.

Meatloaf 12-10-2021 08:45 AM

So sorry to hear this. Take care.

FlaChief58 12-10-2021 09:13 AM

Prayers for you and your family

philfree 12-10-2021 11:19 AM

God Bless

mnchiefsguy 12-10-2021 11:31 AM

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for comfort for you and your family.

Katie 12-10-2021 01:52 PM

Kathy Beth Russell Tracy obituary available at meierhoffer.com.

cmh6476 12-10-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie (Post 16001282)
Kathy Beth Russell Tracy obituary available at meierhoffer.com.

Farewell Services 1:00 P.M. Friday, Grace Calvary Chapel. Public Livestream available through the church. Interment Mount Auburn Cemetery. The family will gather with friends 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., Thursday, Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in Kathy’s name to the Arthritis Community Center, 802 N. Riverside Rd, Suite 140, St. Joseph, MO 64507.

stevieray 12-10-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16001361)
Farewell Services 1:00 P.M. Friday, Grace Calvary Chapel. Public Livestream available through the church. Interment Mount Auburn Cemetery. The family will gather with friends 6:00 to 8:00 P.M., Thursday, Meierhoffer Funeral Home & Crematory. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations in Kathy’s name to the Arthritis Community Center, 802 N. Riverside Rd, Suite 140, St. Joseph, MO 64507.

Thank you

EPodolak 12-10-2021 05:02 PM

All best wishes to you sir. My condolences.

Katie 12-10-2021 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmh6476 (Post 16001361)

Thursday the 16th and Friday the 17th

Rausch 12-10-2021 07:51 PM

You guys are in my prayers man.

Lumpy 12-10-2021 09:42 PM

When Bug sent me the text, I broke down in tears. I wish that I had made it to a CP Bash to meet Mrs. Nzoner. I’ve read and heard so many good things about her and could tell that she was a sweetheart of a woman. Lots of love to everyone who had the privilege to know her and so much strength to those who love her. My deepest condolences to Nzoner. Having been through this heartbreak, my wish for you is to stay strong.

LongSufferingToady 12-11-2021 12:32 AM

I'm so sorry. RIP.

tx4chiefs 12-11-2021 12:50 AM

Condolences to all family and friends.

bevischief 12-11-2021 02:29 AM

She was great. Especially dealing with all of us after s Bash a few times. I was still around for the clean up...

Nzoner 12-11-2021 09:27 AM

COMPLETE OBITUARY

Thank you guys so much for all the thoughts and prayers.Mrs Nzoner got sick in late October with Covid pneumonia and with her RA of 23 years it absolutely wrecked her lungs because her body could not fight everything..She was on a vent for 20 days then they tried a tracheotomy and she was on the vent that way another 11 days but wasn't getting any better.Of course there's a lot more to it one step forward two steps back but eventually she tired of fighting and a couple of days before she passed we had a beautiful moment in her room when I was able to finally read her lips and she asked for her Bible.She then had me read a section of Romans 8 to her that she had highlighted and that mentions that believers bodies will be redeemed.

Yes,we're both believers in a creator and our hope lies not in this brief life here but an eternal home where there will be no more pain or tears and our spirits will have new bodies.That said I'm comforted knowing my wife is dancing on streets of gold and that I will one day see her again.As I put on FB earlier this will be her merriest Christmas yet celebrating with our Savior but she will be oh so missed here.

You all have a blessed Christmas,hug your loved ones a little tighter because as God's Word says in James 4:13-15

Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.”

vailpass 12-11-2021 09:35 AM

I’m so sorry man, there are no words.

Nzoner 12-11-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katie (Post 15999435)
I was with Joe when she passed on. It was the hardest decision he ever had to make to remove her from life support but she was suffering and is now at peace. His comfort comes from knowing she is in a far better place. No more pain and discomfort. She is dancing with the angels now.

I cannot tell you how thankful I am that you were here and will be here during the most difficult time of my life.I truly believe God put all this in motion because he knew what I was going to need and when.

Hard to believe that me finding this crazy board in 2004 and hosting a few bashes has developed friendships that I now consider family and you and Rick are two of the closest and I can't express how much I love you both.

Thank you for all you've done and what you continue to do to help me cope during this time.

Al Czervik 12-11-2021 10:09 AM

RIP Mrs. Nzoner...
Thoughts and Prayers to Joe and his family...

George Liquor 12-11-2021 11:07 AM

That's terrible.

I'm sorry to hear this

ChiTown 12-11-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 16001993)
COMPLETE OBITUARY

Thank you guys so much for all the thoughts and prayers.Mrs Nzoner got sick in late October with Covid pneumonia and with her RA of 23 years it absolutely wrecked her lungs because her body could not fight everything..She was on a vent for 20 days then they tried a tracheotomy and she was on the vent that way another 11 days but wasn't getting any better.Of course there's a lot more to it one step forward two steps back but eventually she tired of fighting and a couple of days before she passed we had a beautiful moment in her room when I was able to finally read her lips and she asked for her Bible.She then had me read a section of Romans 8 to her that she had highlighted and that mentions that believers bodies will be redeemed.

Yes,we're both believers in a creator and our hope lies not in this brief life here but an eternal home where there will be no more pain or tears and our spirits will have new bodies.That said I'm comforted knowing my wife is dancing on streets of gold and that I will one day see her again.As I put on FB earlier this will be her merriest Christmas yet celebrating with our Savior but she will be oh so missed here.

You all have a blessed Christmas,hug your loved ones a little tighter because as God's Word says in James 4:13-15

Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.”

Joe - I can’t imagine how hard it is to come here and share these things, but thanks so much for doing so. That passage is perfect.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - we’re Family here at CP. Amazingly, we’ve never met, but I feel like I know both you and Kathy well through our interactions here. You are loved and beloved on this site. We are here for you, whatever you need, when you need it. It’s what Family does for Family. Take care, Brother.

Easy 6 12-11-2021 06:14 PM

I'm just humbled by Joes message here, such incredible faith and strength on display... we've never met, but God bless you Joe

Katie 12-11-2021 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 16002000)
I cannot tell you how thankful I am that you were here and will be here during the most difficult time of my life.I truly believe God put all this in motion because he knew what I was going to need and when.

Hard to believe that me finding this crazy board in 2004 and hosting a few bashes has developed friendships that I now consider family and you and Rick are two of the closest and I can't express how much I love you both.

Thank you for all you've done and what you continue to do to help me cope during this time.

A very wise Chiefsplanet guy told me that sometimes family is not all about blood relations. You are part of our family and we will always be there for you.

duncan_idaho 12-12-2021 11:20 AM

Dammit. So sad to see this but glad you have found some peace and her pain is ended.

Strength and peace and comfort and love to you and yours in this time, Joe.

Graystoke 12-12-2021 11:38 AM

Prayers and condolences

Braincase 12-12-2021 01:55 PM

My deepest condolences.

Demonpenz 12-12-2021 05:39 PM

She was a racing fan right? Always was humorous how seemed to annoy joe with jimmy johnson stuff

bevischief 12-12-2021 05:44 PM

How do we this big thing? We did fly banners over Arrowhead and national TV,

Katie 12-12-2021 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 16005351)
She was a racing fan right? Always was humorous how seemed to annoy joe with jimmy johnson stuff

Well, she decorated a whole room in jimmy johnson gear

grandllama 12-12-2021 07:32 PM

So many things I’d like to say but it boils down to we are so sorry to hear about Kathy. Joe your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Llama and Llama Jr.

WilliamTheIrish 12-13-2021 06:58 AM

Condolences. This is really sad to hear.

BucEyedPea 12-13-2021 09:12 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss Nzoner, even if I don't know you, even here online due to no interactions. No one likes losing one of the most important people in their life.

rabblerouser 12-13-2021 09:48 PM

Oh my. I am so sorry to hear this. :\

Mosbonian 12-14-2021 11:05 AM

Read this when I got back from vacation...just so sad.

My condolences to Joe and all his family. While I didn't know Kathy, (I have met Joe) by all the stories I have read and the sentiments expressed on this thread, we lost one of the really special people.

Not enough people like that in this world...we can't afford to lose even one.

KChiefsQT 12-14-2021 10:46 PM

Praying for you and your family. ❤️

GloryDayz 12-15-2021 12:15 PM

Soooooo sorry to hear this news. Prayers for the entire family...

Shiver Me Timbers 12-15-2021 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 16002596)
I'm just humbled by Joes message here, such incredible faith and strength on display... we've never met, but God bless you Joe

Add me to this. very humbling. Made me think about priorities tonight. Kid got into a wreck about noon and my first thought was about this thread. Gave my kid and wife a hug and said we good. God Bless you Joe and Family.

Planetman 12-16-2021 07:58 PM

Deepest condolences

Coach 12-16-2021 10:54 PM

My condolences Joe.

Bugeater 12-17-2021 05:48 AM

Today is going to be a rough day. Watching Kathy being laid to rest is tough enough on its own, but having it happen in the wake of emotional devastation from Lumpy's husband passing, is making it especially difficult. Please continue to keep both families in your thoughts. Thanks all.

stevieray 12-17-2021 09:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Heading north this morning. Pretty rough go.

Kathy was so cool. Who lets their husband put in Eight TV's and ten recliners? Kathy.

Who opened her house for bashes? Kathy

Who was there to save Joes life? Kathy.

She gave this to me at a bash one year. Grandma Layton! It's in my studio. I see it everyday.
I'll cherish it forever.

Please keep Joe in your thoughts and prayers today.

God Bless

CanadianChief 12-17-2021 10:32 AM

Sorry for your loss Joe. When I told my buddies years ago that we were making a 13 hour drive down South and staying at a couples house that I had met on a message board they thought I was crazy. Turns out you and Kathy were some of the most genuine and kind people we’ve ever met. Stay strong Brutha!

Bugeater 12-17-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 16017245)
Heading north this morning. Pretty rough go.

Kathy was so cool. Who lets their husband put in Eight TV's and ten recliners? Kathy.

Who opened her house for bashes? Kathy

Who was there to save Joes life? Kathy.

She gave this to me at a bash one year. Grandam Layton! It's in my studio. I see it everyday.
I'll cherish it forever.

Please keep Joe in your thoughts and prayers today.

God Bless

And she did it all with a smile. Always made everyone feel welcome. Salt of the earth.

Dartgod 12-17-2021 04:31 PM

It was a really beautiful service. I'm sorry that I never really got to know Kathy from the times that I was a guest in their house. Joe spoke about her for a bit, I can't imagine how difficult that was. Then some other people got up and talked about Kathy, including CP's Katie who read some of the great posts left in this thread. It was very touching.

And I got to enjoy the company of my friend Stevieray on the trip up and back.

stevieray 12-17-2021 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 16017664)
And she did it all with a smile. Always made everyone feel welcome. Salt of the earth.

Yup, and she was smart, and tough, too. Grew up in a brood of sisters and brothers. No nonsense kind of girl, a perfect match for Joe. It amazes me she was 64, I always thought she was around our age. Such a vibrant smile!

She had an uncanny way of saying "Welcome, have a great time, but don't mess my house up" without saying it. You couldn't help but respect her.

I remember at the time thinking the bashes were special, people from all over converging on their complex, to share some good times. Little did I know then how true that really was, and would become a thing of folklore. Some very special people walked through their doors over the years...including locals at the bashes, just another testimony to their impact on those around them.

Thanks for being there for Joe, brother.

stevieray 12-17-2021 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 16018449)
It was a really beautiful service. I'm sorry that I never really got to know Kathy from the times that I was a guest in their house. Joe spoke about her for a bit, I can't imagine how difficult that was. Then some other people got up and talked about Kathy, including CP's Katie who read some of the great posts left in this thread. It was very touching.

And I got to enjoy the company of my friend Stevieray on the trip up and back.

It really was.

Joe very eloquently went up and bared his soul.

Amazing strength.

Really glad we were able to attend.

Nzoner 12-17-2021 11:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
For those of you who attended the visitation and/or funeral and to those who contributed to Bugeater's paypal collection I'd just like to say I'm truly humbled by your love and generosity. Like I said today at her service God blessed me with my own private angel and I thank you for loving her as well.
I'm crying like a baby as I type this because my heart hurts so bad but thanks to you all I know there's still hope in this world.May you all have a blessed and Merry Christmas,I love you.