ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Gabby Petito (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339883)

Deberg_1990 09-22-2021 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15848379)
On this episode of HGTV's House Hunters:

She's a 22 year old travel blogger and he's a 23 year old unemployed murderer.

They have a 1.3 million dollar budget.

ROFL. Truth

Pablo 09-22-2021 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15848365)
Brian Laundrie was 23 and had no job??

He was still finding his way in the world. One murder at a time

BleedingRed 09-22-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15848379)
On this episode of HGTV's House Hunters:

She's a 22 year old travel blogger and he's a 23 year old unemployed murderer.

They have a 1.3 million dollar budget.

This . Never . Made . Sense . to . Me

Spott 09-22-2021 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15848365)
Brian Laundrie was 23 and had no job??

I assume not. There’s never been a mention of where he worked and he wasn’t at work after he got back from his killer vacation.

Third Eye 09-22-2021 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15848626)
This . Never . Made . Sense . to . Me

It’s almost as if tv shows aren’t completely on the up and up.

carlos3652 09-22-2021 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15848636)
I assume not. There’s never been a mention of where he worked and he wasn’t at work after he got back from his killer vacation.

I think they both worked at Publix in Florida before they left on their travels

Deberg_1990 09-22-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15848644)
I think they both worked at Publix in Florida before they left on their travels

I suppose it’s possible that had each saved up for a cross country trip.

KChiefs1 09-22-2021 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 15847570)
Sorry, but it's been done to death. What we need is a good old fashioned "toddler stuck in an abandoned well" story. Get back to the classics.

I’m still freaked out by the Ghost Blimp story from 80 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 09-22-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 15847605)
Media only cares because pretty white girl

Can you think of a better reason?

KChiefs1 09-22-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15847621)
Eh - the media didn't care until the internet did.

And the internet only cared because she was internet famous. Had a hundred thousand followers on her video blog thing and evidently a million fans on some social media site.

Internet famous is almost regular famous these days and when the interwebs got ahold of it, it caught fire.

She was famous?

hometeam 09-22-2021 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15848748)
She was famous?

Is now.

Gary Cooper 09-22-2021 11:25 AM

Maybe he's currently looking for the real killer. Like in "The Fugitive".

Dayze 09-22-2021 11:26 AM

YOU SWITCHED THE SAMPLES!

TLO 09-22-2021 11:29 AM

They're bringing in underwater divers to search now.

PunkinDrublic 09-22-2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15848356)
I’m guessing at least one of their parents was funding this trip. It’s hard to imagine two people in their early 20’s being able to afford a two month cross country tour of the US.

If they both worked odd jobs, lived at home and saved money it’s possible. I think Brian Laundrie might’ve come from money. A lot of these van lifers work seasonal jobs to fund their travels.

el borracho 09-22-2021 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying High D (Post 15848290)
No wonder she was stressed about getting her blog rolling. Who finances these travels? Maybe if he had a job and worked he wouldn’t have so much energy to beat her up and kill her.

I would guess that this trip was financed by all of the free money (covid stimulus and additional unemployment benes) people have been receiving for the last 1.5 years.

New World Order 09-22-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15848761)
Maybe he's currently looking for the real killer. Like in "The Fugitive".

Or like OJ Simpson

New World Order 09-22-2021 12:01 PM

I feel like he went somewhere remote and off’d himself

siberian khatru 09-22-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15848895)
I feel like he went somewhere remote and off’d himself

My theory too

Sassy Squatch 09-22-2021 12:29 PM

They left and came back with diving teams to where he was reported to be in Florida. Probably have at least an idea of what happened to him.

ToxSocks 09-22-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15848942)
They left and came back with diving teams to where he was reported to be in Florida. Probably have at least an idea of what happened to him.

Blew his head off and left the rest for the gators, eh?

Based off the HWY Patrol video, the dude seemed like THAT kind of bitch.

RedRaider56 09-22-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15848891)
Or like OJ Simpson

Or Ray Lewis

Sassy Squatch 09-22-2021 12:45 PM

Saw some claiming the 2 girls that were killed in the same park actually worked at the store that called 911 during the original incident that got them pulled over. If that's true it's a huge coincidence I'm sure...

BleedingRed 09-22-2021 01:03 PM

Gabbie was "Internet famous" she had like 1 million followers on Insta or her blog don't remember.

Indian Chief 09-22-2021 01:25 PM

I've seen a lot of people say the parents helped him escape.

Plot twist: he told them what happened, they took him out to the woods and shot him.

Red Dawg 09-22-2021 01:28 PM

Kind of starting to think he's dead. Suicide.

kepp 09-22-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 15849044)
I've seen a lot of people say the parents helped him escape.

Plot twist: he told them what happened, they took him out to the woods and shot him.

It crossed my mind. Especially since they're bringing in divers to search for him. How do you kill yourself and manage to end up far enough under water to need divers? I guess you could weight yourself down, but what's the point in that if you're already killing yourself?

Spott 09-22-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 15849107)
It crossed my mind. Especially since they're bringing in divers to search for him. How do you kill yourself and manage to end up far enough under water to need divers? I guess you could weight yourself down, but what's the point in that if you're already killing yourself?

Other than what his parents said, they haven’t said that there’s any hard evidence that he’s actually in that nature preserve.

Baby Lee 09-22-2021 02:56 PM

WHO CENSORED THE THREAD TITLE!!

I oppose this wholeheartedly, meddling assholes!!

https://c.tenor.com/kKO1C11aiU8AAAAC...-not-stand.gif

BleedingRed 09-22-2021 02:57 PM

Wait a ****ing minute..................

https://www.indiewire.com/wp-content...4-PM.png?w=780

JUST HAPPENS TO BE IN FLORIDA, FEEDING SHIT TO ANIMALS! NO ONE HAS DRAWN THE CONNECTION YET?

Spott 09-22-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15849246)
WHO CENSORED THE THREAD TITLE!!

I oppose this wholeheartedly, meddling assholes!!

https://c.tenor.com/kKO1C11aiU8AAAAC...-not-stand.gif

This whole thing is a sham. She kidnapped herself, dude.

Red Dawg 09-22-2021 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15849238)
Other than what his parents said, they haven’t said that there’s any hard evidence that he’s actually in that nature preserve.

His parents are lying POS. He comes home with her van, so they claim he did, without her and they don't ask him anything and say they know nothing? That is total bullshit.

It's totally possible that he was never at their house.

Baby Lee 09-22-2021 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 15849258)
This whole thing is a sham. She kidnapped herself, dude.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/VbAfBOFmOMdUs" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/southpark-VbAfBOFmOMdUs">via GIPHY</a></p>

Deberg_1990 09-23-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15847563)
Hot blonde with nice legs gets killed.

It's a tragic, horrible story, but there's nothing about the facts which stands out from other similar stories. This kind of crime happens too often sadly. The physical appearance of the victim is what's driving the coverage. There have been many such crimes since she was killed. You're just not seeing them on national news.

These families of missing Black people are frustrated with the lack of response to their cases

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/us/fa...ple/index.html

It’s called ‘missing white woman syndrome’

Garcia Bronco 09-23-2021 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15850123)
These families of missing Black people are frustrated with the lack of response to their cases

Sure...there is a time factor here too. 5 years ago in one of the cases. I don't think media attention really matters that much, but you'll never be able to argue that with victims families. strange things for sure. especailly on the first one listed in the CNN article.

I find it highly unlikely that I would drop what I am doing in my area to go look for some adult that's missing.

ToxSocks 09-23-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

White might have something to do with it, but i think it's more about what we the public perceive as a weak, underserved victims that we identify as people that need our protection. Being attractive matters. It matters in many ways in life, no matter how much and how many people deny it.

Pettit, pretty women in general get coverage.

Children get coverage. Children from more affluent neighborhoods get more coverage. Likely because more resources are available and used.

In San Diego, i've been hearing about the missing Maya Millete. She's a cute little 5'-something-tiny filipino woman. She's been missing since January 7th and to this day they still cover her story on the news. 9-months missing and she's STILL getting coverage. Most people don't get any coverage at all.

Mennonite 09-23-2021 11:37 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Woman Loves When Woman Goes Missing <a href="https://t.co/tqLqDMjsRp">https://t.co/tqLqDMjsRp</a> <a href="https://t.co/A17cFsVVzm">pic.twitter.com/A17cFsVVzm</a></p>&mdash; The Onion (@TheOnion) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1441092530783723534?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ghak99 09-23-2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DeU8WkIGAls?start=407" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baby Lee 09-23-2021 12:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15850179)
White might have something to do with it, but i think it's more about what we the public perceive as a weak, underserved victims that we identify as people that need our protection. Being attractive matters. It matters in many ways in life, no matter how much and how many people deny it.

Pettit, pretty women in general get coverage.

Children get coverage. Children from more affluent neighborhoods get more coverage. Likely because more resources are available and used.

In San Diego, i've been hearing about the missing Maya Millete. She's a cute little 5'-something-tiny filipino woman. She's been missing since January 7th and to this day they still cover her story on the news. 9-months missing and she's STILL getting coverage. Most people don't get any coverage at all.

It seems like it's far far more a function of being extreme outliers than being about race. There are tons of missing and exploited people, all day every day, but only once every few years or so do the facts of cases become so unique or intriguing that they grab national attention. The details meet the criteria for intrigue. And when you only have a handful of things happening in a demographically skewed nation, your imagination starts turning very rare things that share a number of markers of which race is an incidental one, into omnipresent phenomena that are driven by the racial factor.

Kind of like how serial killers are exceedingly rare, and among that exceedingly rare group there are a handful of demographic minorities, whether racial, ethnic, or gendered [Samuel Little, Eileen Wournos], but the details of a handful of that already slim handful are so striking [Bundy, Gacy] that a narrative arises that serial killers always fit the mold of the most striking examples in our minds.

Further interfering with this dynamic, as expressed by the Hodge Twins above a little more bluntly, there is a sense of communal reticence to publicize the details of some minority on minority malfeasance because of both systemic reticence to interact with authorities, and a pre-emptive sense that 'dirty laundry' of perpetrators will reflect badly on the entire community.

Again, note that, in the vast swathes of 'run-of-the-mill' missing and exploited persons in the 'white' community, there are also plenty who might have benefitted from additional attention and scrutiny and the persons involved in those matters were likewise reticent to publicize or get into detail for similar reasons. So it's still a matter of percentages and not factoring in 'the dog that didn't bark' in these rare maters, more than a matter of race.

Kiimo 09-23-2021 12:25 PM

This has less to do with America caring about missing white girls and more to do with America being obsessed with True Crime Podcasts in my opinion.

Please tell me a missing person of color with a story this compelling. I mean maybe there is one but I haven't heard it yet.

Baby Lee 09-23-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15850355)
This has less to do with America caring about missing white girls and more to do with America being obsessed with True Crime Podcasts in my opinion.

Please tell me a missing person of color with a story this compelling. I mean maybe there is one but I haven't heard it yet.

As I detailed above, in the briefest possible summary

rarest of the rare
factors that drive intrigue
willingness to discuss and publicize those details and factors.

Hydrae 09-23-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Have you seen Only Murders in the Building yet? :)

Kiimo 09-23-2021 12:42 PM

I have indeed

Marcellus 09-23-2021 12:43 PM

Quote:

Most of the person of color killings can be watched in a few minutes from security camera footage outside a gas station or a dash/body cam or a cell phone video uploaded to twitter.

Sassy Squatch 09-23-2021 05:24 PM

Neighbors reported seeing him leave with his parents on a 3 day camping trip with a brand new TT attached to their truck on September 11th. Family came back AND reported him missing September 14th. I wonder where he could be.....

TLO 09-23-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15850934)
Neighbors reported seeing him leave with his parents on a 3 day camping trip with a brand new TT attached to their truck on September 11th. Family came back AND reported him missing September 14th. I wonder where he could be.....

In an alligator's belly?

Sassy Squatch 09-23-2021 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15850940)
In an alligator's belly?

Or maybe he's chilling out in a brand new TT somewhere the parents left him.

Coochie liquor 09-23-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15850940)
In an alligator's belly?

Wtf?? You ever been in the backwoods of Florida?? It’s Bigfoots bruh. Do you even Florida??

backinblack 09-23-2021 09:14 PM

idk if I killed a bitch and came to my parents for help they would throw me out on the street on my ass with a neon sign above my head reading "here he is authorities get him!".

somebody got the wrong parents in life...

dlphg9 09-23-2021 09:35 PM

Absolutely no way he's where they are looking for him at. Parents are playing LE and this little wormy bitch is slithering around somewhere.

Msmith 09-24-2021 04:11 AM

"An arrest warrant has been issued for Gabby Petito's fiancé, Brian Laundrie, who is still missing after more than a week.

A grand jury indictment released Thursday by the U.S. District of Wyoming accuses Laundrie of unauthorized use of a Capital One debit card and several accounts, spending more than $1,000. The documents do not state who the cards or accounts belong to.

The indictment charges Laundrie with unauthorized access of a device and states he used the bank accounts without permission from about Aug. 30 through Sept. 1..."

This is a clever ploy to go after the guy legally.

Link:https://www.yahoo.com/news/loved-one...130630840.html

Coochie liquor 09-24-2021 06:01 AM

Quote:

Asha Degree

Why Not? 09-24-2021 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by backinblack (Post 15851327)
idk if I killed a bitch and came to my parents for help they would throw me out on the street on my ass with a neon sign above my head reading "here he is authorities get him!".

somebody got the wrong parents in life...

If I iced my wife, I would be way more afraid of my parent's vengeance than I would be of the authorities.

ThaVirus 09-24-2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15850179)
White might have something to do with it, but i think it's more about what we the public perceive as a weak, underserved victims that we identify as people that need our protection.

If this is the case then race almost assuredly plays a role.

MIAdragon 09-24-2021 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15851633)
If this is the case then race almost assuredly plays a role.

This is surprising why? Race always plays a roll, the vast majority of the country can identify with this girl, could be our daughter, sister next door neighbor.

sully1983 09-24-2021 08:04 AM

I hope they find the POS.

ThaVirus 09-24-2021 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 15851683)
This is surprising why? Race always plays a roll, the vast majority of the country can identify with this girl, could be our daughter, sister next door neighbor.

I'm not surprised. Read his post then read mine.

Grim 09-24-2021 12:28 PM

How much is race a factor?
Xavior Harrelson (11 year old white kid from Iowa) up and disappeared in May..... seems like he's already been forgotten, pretty much.
He's no "pretty white woman" but he is white.

Hoover 09-24-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim (Post 15852032)
How much is race a factor?
Xavior Harrelson (11 year old white kid from Iowa) up and disappeared in May..... seems like he's already been forgotten, pretty much.
He's no "pretty white woman" but he is white.

Really sad case.

Samy county as Mollie Tibbets.

But Xavior lived in a trailer park...

Grim 09-24-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15852036)
Really sad case.

Samy county as Mollie Tibbets.

But Xavior lived in a trailer park...

Didn't realize it was the same county. Both cases are just terrible.

Al Czervik 09-24-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 15851698)
I hope they find the POS.

And right after they find the pile of shit, then take his garbage parents in and charge them to the fullest extent of the law. Apple didnt fall far from the tree with this trash family.

Easy 6 09-24-2021 03:51 PM

I’ve just about had my fill of this story

But I believe he is no longer in the US, and his parents will eventually go to prison for helping him cover it up and escape

carlos3652 09-24-2021 04:03 PM

I think one of the reasons this case is so fascinating is that the consumers, people on social media (regardless of platform) are trying to solve this mystery... Gabby was not an influencer per say, she only had about 1k followers prior to disappearing.

This is a real time missing / murder mystery being lived out in real time... with clues provided by people on social media (via videos, testimonies, witness statements) trying to build a timeline.

I feel sad because this seems like our future entertainment that our society will come to expect from future unsolved mysteries.

Im sure someone will try to monetize this and allow you to participate in the future so you feel involved in the chase/ resolving the case...

KCUnited 09-24-2021 04:04 PM

Wish our run D was some pretty young white thing so we could get this level of search party

Katipan 09-24-2021 04:05 PM

I'll sell another piece of my soul to help find 400,000 kids.

carlos3652 09-24-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15852343)
I’ve just about had my fill of this story

But I believe he is no longer in the US, and his parents will eventually go to prison for helping him cover it up and escape

The parents were going through a divorce... what a time to screw that all up. He came home between the 17-23 to pack up their stuff to move away from his parents house.

She was in Salt Lake City waiting for him to come back and resume their trip.

Red Dawg 09-24-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15852358)
Wish our run D was some pretty young white thing so we could get this level of search party

ROFLROFL

MTG#10 09-24-2021 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15852353)
I think one of the reasons this case is so fascinating is that the consumers, people on social media (regardless of platform) are trying to solve this mystery... Gabby was not an influencer per say, she only had about 1k followers prior to disappearing.

This is a real time missing / murder mystery being lived out in real time... with clues provided by people on social media (via videos, testimonies, witness statements) trying to build a timeline.

I feel sad because this seems like our future entertainment that our society will come to expect from future unsolved mysteries.

Im sure someone will try to monetize this and allow you to participate in the future so you feel involved in the chase/ resolving the case...

She had 150k instagram followers.

listopencil 09-24-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15847622)
Anyone want to turn this thread into a discussion about cream soda?

You may not realize this but Big Red is actually a cream soda. It even had cream soda in its original name. When I was a kid I couldn't figure out the flavor profile at all and the red color threw me off. It was my first favorite soft drink. Turns out it's a combination of lemon, orange, and vanilla. Really good stuff.

Red Dawg 09-24-2021 05:34 PM

ROFL
Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15852462)
You may not realize this but Big Red is actually a cream soda. It even had cream soda in its original name. When I was a kid I couldn't figure out the flavor profile at all and the red color threw me off. It was my first favorite soft drink. Turns out it's a combination of lemon, orange, and vanilla. Really good stuff.

ROFL. That's gold Jerry, Gold!

TLO 09-24-2021 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 15852462)

Thank you! :clap:

Mecca 09-24-2021 06:54 PM

How exactly are they gonna find this guy? He had such a head start he very could have been out of the country before this story blew up.

carlos3652 09-24-2021 07:06 PM

https://youtu.be/jl6nnNfMaJs

Video in slo mo showing someone in the van on Aug 27th. This is the video that broke the case as she was found 900 ft away.

Eleazar 09-24-2021 07:16 PM

Castle Danger Cream Ale is tasty.

Not a soda though.

carlos3652 09-24-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15852402)
She had 150k instagram followers.

She had roughly 1k followers before she went missing - I’ve read that in multiple places. I’m trying to find Instagram stats to confirm

Katipan 09-24-2021 07:26 PM

Why did the missing children on milk Cartons go away?
Ambivalence?

Red Dawg 09-24-2021 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15852558)
How exactly are they gonna find this guy? He had such a head start he very could have been out of the country before this story blew up.

Maybe not for a long time. He could have gotten to Puerto Rico or Mexico. With cash from his parents live for a while.

Marcellus 09-24-2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 15852593)
Ambivalence?

Nobody drinks milk out of a carton anymore.

loochy 09-24-2021 07:53 PM

I've been drinking Dr Pepper Cream Soda Zero Sugar lately. It's pretty tasty

loochy 09-24-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 15852593)
Ambivalence?

Now they just do the stupid annoying amber alert things on the phone, which I disabled long ago.