ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Sporting KC ***Official Soccer Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339317)

TambaBerry 11-13-2021 09:02 AM

If these guys all continue to improve and stay together 2026 could be one of our best world cups

DJJasonp 11-13-2021 10:21 AM

1. Last night's performance may have been the overall best I've seen out of a US soccer team - period

2. the script has completely flipped between Mex/US.....we controlled the ball....we pressured them......their only scoring chances were on random counters (all things we used to be about)

3. Never seen a game versus mexico where we had so much room with the ball. Tells me they respect our players and ability much more than ever

4. Dos a Cero bitches

burt 11-13-2021 02:41 PM

Nice to see this thread.

cj2wr 11-13-2021 03:03 PM

I’m stunned with the depth we have. Reyna isn’t even playing and neither was Dest. We have so many young talented players. I think we can make some noise next year and 2026 is shaping up to be lightening in a bottle. Home turf World Cup with majority of the team in their prime. Good times

RollChiefsRoll 11-13-2021 03:06 PM

EAT SHIT, MEXICO.

Brody Wa 11-13-2021 05:41 PM

I liked watching the soccer hooligans on YouTube back in the day…do soccer/football hooligans still exist?

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-13-2021 09:05 PM

Always enjoyable to put our third world neighbors in their place.

cj2wr 11-16-2021 01:57 PM

Any stream of the game today ? Please and thank you

POND_OF_RED 11-16-2021 03:50 PM

Busio in the starting lineup today. Let’s build off the momentum of Friday and not do what we typically do and play to the level of competition.

sedated 11-16-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj2wr (Post 15958833)

I was hoping this would be on FS1 but its on Paramount+, meh.

POND_OF_RED 11-16-2021 04:27 PM

US with a good goal, but Jamaica answered already. Let’s see how the team responds to the adversity on the road.

Shag 11-16-2021 04:29 PM

That Jamaica goal was crazy - what a banger.

Clyde Frog 11-16-2021 05:58 PM

Disappointing result after the Mex game. Still happy to take the point over 0.

Brasil Argentina going right now. Wish I had time to watch.

jettio 11-16-2021 08:21 PM

Canada has Mexico playing on narrow turf football field in Edmonton. I looked up Edmonton weather and it says 17F. I guess field turf still has some bounce below freezing, but that's gamesmanship.

I think Canada has enough skill that they could have hosted on a full size field in warmer temperatures and have the same chance to get a result.

Deberg_1990 11-16-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15959378)
Canada has Mexico playing on narrow turf football field in Edmonton. I looked up Edmonton weather and it says 17F. I guess field turf still has some bounce below freezing, but that's gamesmanship.

I think Canada has enough skill that they could have hosted on a full size field in warmer temperatures and have the same chance to get a result.

That field. :facepalm: Canada should be ashamed and embarrassed

carlos3652 11-16-2021 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cj2wr (Post 15958833)

http://livetv.sx/enx/

Has streams for any game... my go to, to watch anything.

Deberg_1990 11-16-2021 09:21 PM

2-0 Canada in 51’

carlos3652 11-16-2021 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 15959211)

Brasil Argentina going right now. Wish I had time to watch.

Meh game.

We played terribly @ Uruguay on Friday and got win resting Messi, and with the point today, we are technically qualified for Qatar, since 4th and 5th place have to play each next game (Peru / Col) and if either drop points, Argentina is in.

13 points clear from 6th place (no qualification), 12 points clear from 4th (direct) and 5th (playoff) with 4 games to go. Arg still has 5 games left to play.

I can see them playing a rotation of players to prep and get some experience on some of the bench players, or trying new formations for the final games prior to the WC

Im still shocked Portugal (losing to Serbia in Portugal in the 90th min) and Italy (tying with Northern Ireland WTF) need to go through the playoff system to make it now. Serbia and Swiss made it direct getting first place in their groups.

Clyde Frog 11-16-2021 09:36 PM

***Official Soccer Thread***

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 15959444)
Meh game.

We played terribly @ Uruguay on Friday and got win resting Messi, and with the point today, we are technically qualified for Qatar, since 4th and 5th place have to play each next game (Peru / Col) and if either drop points, Argentina is in.

13 points clear from 6th place (no qualification), 12 points clear from 4th (direct) and 5th (playoff) with 4 games to go. Arg still has 5 games left to play.

I can see them playing a rotation of players to prep and get some experience on some of the bench players, or trying new formations for the final games prior to the WC

Im still shocked Portugal (losing to Serbia in Portugal in the 90th min) and Italy (tying with Northern Ireland WTF) need to go through the playoff system to make it now. Serbia and Swiss made it direct getting first place in their groups.

Thanks for the info. You guys have any younger players you’re excited to see get minutes? Messi is still the GOAT but he’s getting old in world class athlete years.

Would be crazy of Italy failed to qualify back to back World Cups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carlos3652 11-16-2021 09:54 PM

Well the issue is that, most of our "younger" players, are already starters:

Defense
Romero (Spurs) 23

Midfield
Lo Celso (Spurs) 25
De Paul (Atletico Madrid) 27
Paredes (PSG) 27

Forwards
Martinez (Inter) 24
Dybala (Juventus) 28 --- probably the only one that doesn't get enough min (sub for Messi)

We really need to think of replacing Otamendi (Man City) 33, and Di Maria 33 (PSG) for 2026.

Messi is Messi and just like Ronaldo, I think they could play until they are 40...

kstater 11-16-2021 10:10 PM

Well, that was , something

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

KC_Connection 11-16-2021 10:13 PM

Good to see that Canada is the best team in Concacaf these days.

|Zach| 11-17-2021 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15959436)
That field. :facepalm: Canada should be ashamed and embarrassed

**** that this is CONCACAF. You take every inch.

Monticore 11-17-2021 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 15959603)
**** that this is CONCACAF. You take every inch.

Doesn’t Mexico tend to play their games at high altitudes or in high heat , growing grass outdoors in Edmonton in November is pretty hard but I will admit it looked bush league .

|Zach| 11-17-2021 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monticore (Post 15959642)
Doesn’t Mexico tend to play their games at high altitudes or in high heat , growing grass outdoors in Edmonton in November is pretty hard but I will admit it looked bush league .

Everyone in the region has their tricks. Shin-high grass. A rain of batteries, bags of urine and severed animal heads. Lost luggage, loud parties, hotels with no electricity and weather that is either way too hot, way too humid or way too much of both. All part of the magic.

POND_OF_RED 11-20-2021 02:44 PM

Sporting kicks off its playoff run today at 4PM. Hopefully Pulido, Salloi, and Russell can all find their form together quick with Pulido back in the lineup now and we can go on a little magical MLS Cup run.

George Liquor 11-20-2021 03:02 PM

I just can't get into MLS, I don't know why.

George Liquor 11-28-2021 04:12 PM

Oof what a shitty way to end your season SKC

petegz28 11-28-2021 04:24 PM

Well, that sucked. They deserved the loss though. They played like absolute shit. Slow to every 50-50 ball. Let RSL spend the entire game in the attack zone. Indecisive and overthinking every time they got a scoring chance.

Deberg_1990 11-28-2021 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15979877)
Oof what a shitty way to end your season SKC

They had a decent season. Nothing great.

Gary Cooper 11-28-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDj23 (Post 15965458)
I just can't get into MLS, I don't know why.

It's like watching pinball. Most goals are scored off fluke bounces. Lack of technical skill. Third rate referees also. The league is making money and growing beyond its wildest dreams in 1996. However, the product is watered down.

There are American football leagues in Europe. They're just not that good. Nowhere near NFL quality. You wouldn't enjoy watching them much.

Oh and Peter Vermes should be fired. This team should have played in more than one Final during the last 12 years. Great regular seasons followed by playoff choking. Blowing home field advantage many of those times. This dude makes Marty Schottenheimer look like Bill Belichick in the playoffs.

TribalElder 11-28-2021 04:35 PM

Feel bad that Mahomie had to watch the team lose

Gary Cooper 11-28-2021 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15979944)
Feel bad that Mahomie had to watch the team lose

He needs to flex his ownership muscles. Get a new coach. Or convince Messi/Ronaldo to retire in Europe and finish their career here.

George Liquor 11-28-2021 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15979936)
It's like watching pinball. Most goals are scored off fluke bounces. Lack of technical skill. Third rate referees also. The league is making money and growing beyond its wildest dreams in 1996. However, the product is watered down.

There are American football leagues in Europe. They're just not that good. Nowhere near NFL quality. You wouldn't enjoy watching them much.

Oh and Peter Vermes should be fired. This team should have played in more than one Final during the last 12 years. Great regular seasons followed by playoff choking. Blowing home field advantage many of those times. This dude makes Marty Schottenheimer look like Bill Belichick in the playoffs.

Wife is a huge SKC fan. She basically said after Salt Lake scored the 2nd goal that this is how SKC loses every year in the playoffs.

Al Czervik 11-28-2021 05:12 PM

Quote:

Bingo....

Vermes chokes on his own spit....
Time to move on....

Bearcat 11-28-2021 05:24 PM

Quote:

However, the product is watered down.

The NFL is as well.... I mean, not that I'm going to flip on the CFL or anything.

Gary Cooper 11-28-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15980047)
The NFL is as well.... I mean, not that I'm going to flip on the CFL or anything.

The NFL is by far the best football league in the world. Watered down? Because there's too many teams? Were NFL games better quality 20 years ago when there were fewer teams?

carlos3652 11-28-2021 06:26 PM

Was at the game. The last 35 min was pure crap. Basically how we played the last 3 games of the season where we lost all of them to crappy teams.

RSL made a huge tactical change in the 55th min (or so) that changed the game and we had no answer for it… they were free on our wings and they had speed. Our guys look tired.

The team had nothing left in the tank. Was expecting this type of game vs Vancouver which made it even worse because we were incredible last game.

Over it. Here is to next year.

MAG 11-28-2021 09:08 PM

CAN HIS ASS

Deberg_1990 11-30-2021 09:13 PM

This New England vs NYC match is incredible

jettio 12-01-2021 10:38 AM

NE Revolution not winning its first playoff game after having one of the best regular seasons in MLS history is why it is silly to call for firing Peter Vermes over a postseason loss.

In most of the best domestic leagues, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, the trophy for winning the table is the most prestigious. Leicester City winning a playoff would not be as big a deal as winning the regular season trophy in EPL two years after playing in EFL Championship.

Peter Vermes has been key to building a great team with great facilities and a plan for the future.

I think Vermes could make better decisions regarding substitutions in games, but I don't disagree with everything else he does, and it would be foolish as can be to fire him.

Deberg_1990 12-01-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15984809)
NE Revolution not winning its first playoff game after having one of the best regular seasons in MLS history is why it is silly to call for firing Peter Vermes over a postseason loss.

In most of the best domestic leagues, EPL, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga, the trophy for winning the table is the most prestigious. Leicester City winning a playoff would not be as big a deal as winning the regular season trophy in EPL two years after playing in EFL Championship.

Peter Vermes has been key to building a great team with great facilities and a plan for the future.

I think Vermes could make better decisions regarding substitutions in games, but I don't disagree with everything else he does, and it would be foolish as can be to fire him.

Americans demand an end of season playoffs in every sport. It’s just part of our ingrained culture. For whatever reasons, we don’t truly value regular season play all that much.

jettio 12-01-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15984818)
Americans demand an end of season playoffs in every sport. It’s just part of our ingrained culture. For whatever reasons, we don’t truly value regular season play all that much.

I understand that. Just saying, Sporting KC has built something special and Peter Vermes has been the perfect guy to be the manager since the rebranding.

penguinz 12-01-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15984854)
I understand that. Just saying, Sporting KC has built something special and Peter Vermes has been the perfect guy to be the manager since the rebranding.

Vermes needs to step down as Coach. It is not that they lost in the playoffs. It is that they always lose in the same manner. They always look unprepared and out of sync in their losses in big games.

Gary Cooper 12-01-2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15984809)

New England had over three weeks off between games. Way too long. That was its reward as #1 seed.

POND_OF_RED 12-11-2021 04:45 PM

As much as it pains me to watch, the MLS cup final is in extra time after Portland scored the tying goal in the LAST second. Exciting finish to the season. Just wish it was us…

|Zach| 12-11-2021 10:35 PM

Good to see Sean Johnson win an MLS Cup he deserves it after all of his time in the league.

Surprise champion but deserving none the less.

Deberg_1990 01-27-2022 05:41 PM

USA vs El Salvador getting ready to start.

Baby Lee 02-14-2022 05:07 PM

Sporting KC announces free streaming and expanded broadcast

https://fox4kc.com/sports/sporting-k...d-in-team-app/

POND_OF_RED 02-14-2022 08:11 PM

I’m liking the new defensive additions, but we NEED a striker. I don’t understand why we haven’t picked up ANYONE yet after they found out Pulido was out all season. It’s very worrisome this close to the season. Great wingers can only take you so far if you don’t have a decent striker. I just don’t understand what we’re doing with the Busio money. Vermes would love to build this culture of homegrown players, but the league has advanced past that now. We need to spend a little more to compete. I know there were rumors about JJ Macias coming on loan but that fell through. We just really need a solid striker on a 1 year loan to fill the gap Pulido made. I also admittedly can’t wrap my head around the DP roster stuff either so maybe someone can explain to me better why we’re doing nothing to solidify arguable the most important position on the pitch.

Stanley Nickels 02-14-2022 08:55 PM

Fully agree. This team is going nowhere with Kihry MF Shelton at CF/S.

POND_OF_RED 03-24-2022 07:57 PM

Lots of injuries going into the final week of qualifying. Would love to take care of business tonight at the Azteca, but it’s going to be a very difficult match. Basically we just HAVE to beat Panama on Sunday night and we’ll likely be in the World Cup, but after the last qualifying slip up and watching Italy get taken out by North Macedonia today, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous for this next week of matches.

kstater 03-24-2022 09:06 PM

Costa Rico up on Canada. Shits gonna get weird if they win and US/Mexico draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stanley Nickels 03-24-2022 09:07 PM

This Mexico lineup suggests Bob thinks this is our watershed moment in this WCQ. It now needs to be with a couple of our dudes out for Panama on yellows from this game

MarkDavis'Haircut 03-24-2022 09:58 PM

At least, we didn't lose to the Cartels tonight.

Clyde Frog 03-25-2022 08:47 AM

Puli had the best chance of the match and just couldn’t finish. Would have go a a long way to cementing his legend.

If somehow USMNT doesn’t qualify for 2 world cups in his prime it would be a tragedy.

carlos3652 03-25-2022 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clyde Frog (Post 16214377)
Puli had the best chance of the match and just couldn’t finish. Would have go a a long way to cementing his legend.

If somehow USMNT doesn’t qualify for 2 world cups in his prime it would be a tragedy.

If they dont, it would be an epic collapse, especially after getting out of Azteca with a point.

CR and Panama are mediocre teams on their best night.

Now I wont say it cant happen - Italy after beating Lithuania 5-0 and having the inside track of qualifying... then tying vs Swiss and N Ireland and losing to North Macedonia to miss out on their 2nd WC in a row is on that level of failure.

Clyde Frog 03-25-2022 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 16214389)
If they dont, it would be an epic collapse, especially after getting out of Azteca with a point.

CR and Panama are mediocre teams on their best night.

Now I wont say it cant happen - Italy after beating Lithuania 5-0 and having the inside track of qualifying... then tying vs Swiss and N Ireland and losing to North Macedonia to miss out on their 2nd WC in a row is on that level of failure.

Agreed. Italy is collectively 🤌 right now.

WCQ matches feel so random especially with how the USMNT has been playing down to the level of their opponents. US lost to T&T last qualifiers so even though Panama and CR are mediocre I am extremely unsettled at this point.

George Liquor 03-25-2022 09:45 AM

I have a friend from Italy, who I woke up to a bunch of depressed messages from.

Poor guy

From EURO champion to out of the WC. Although it seems silly to have a top 5-10 team missing a playoff spot. Could you imagine this in the NCAA tournament?

Gary Cooper 03-25-2022 11:03 AM

These two teams deserved each other last night. So many missed chances better soccer nations bury in those opportunities. There's a reason the US and Mexico don't have the greatest history of advancing deep in World Cups.

Of all things, Canada has apparently surpassed both countries in this sport.

POND_OF_RED 03-29-2022 05:56 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is insane! Mo Salah taking a penalty for Egypt with the World Cup on the line and there are 3,000 laser pointers in his eyes.<br><br>Take a guess at what happens next…. <a href="https://t.co/8PvpKUBksR">pic.twitter.com/8PvpKUBksR</a></p>&mdash; Stu Holden (@stuholden) <a href="https://twitter.com/stuholden/status/1508898226539155456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some controversy today in the Senegal-Egypt World Cup qualifier. Egypts players were hit with laser pointers during the game and in the penalty shootout to determine who goes to the World Cup. Egypt fans have been known to use the same tactic, so it’s hard to fully sympathize with them, but with a spot in the World Cup on the line you hate to see it marred by controversy like that. The way Africa’s qualifying worked out this year sucked. Sad that one of these teams has to miss out as they are obviously the best 2 teams in Africa and Salah is arguably the best player in the world right now so his talent will be missed this winter.

World Cup draw is Friday at 11 am CST. The US all but secured their spot with the dominating win over Panama Sunday as long as we don’t somehow lose by 6 goals tomorrow in Costa Rica. Fingers are crossed to not end up in a group of death.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">World Cup Draw - almost final<br><br>Pot 1: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� �������������� ���� ����<br>Pot 2: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� ����<br>Pot 3: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� ����<br>Pot 4: ���� ���� ����, ����/���� winner, 3 playoff winners<br><br>���� - 3 if ���� qualifies directly or 2<br>���� / ���� - 2 or playoffs<br>���� - 3 w win, 4 otherwise<br>���� - 4 if ���� win, 3 otherwise</p>&mdash; We Global Football (@We_Global) <a href="https://twitter.com/We_Global/status/1508921208842207235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Old Dog 04-01-2022 10:58 AM

US drawn into a group with England for the World Cup

Old Dog 04-01-2022 11:05 AM

And Iran, who are the 2nd highest ranked team in Pot 3

alpha_omega 04-01-2022 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 16223180)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is insane! Mo Salah taking a penalty for Egypt with the World Cup on the line and there are 3,000 laser pointers in his eyes.<br><br>Take a guess at what happens next…. <a href="https://t.co/8PvpKUBksR">pic.twitter.com/8PvpKUBksR</a></p>&mdash; Stu Holden (@stuholden) <a href="https://twitter.com/stuholden/status/1508898226539155456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Some controversy today in the Senegal-Egypt World Cup qualifier. Egypts players were hit with laser pointers during the game and in the penalty shootout to determine who goes to the World Cup....

Wow, that's messed up.

Old Dog 04-01-2022 11:18 AM

Group of Death it is IMO.....

England (5)
Iran (21)
USA (15)
and one of the following

Wales (18)
Ukraine (27)
Scotland (39)

POND_OF_RED 04-01-2022 11:47 AM

Love it! England always chokes in major competitions like this. Gives us a chance to keep that undefeated streak alive against them in non-friendly competitions.

Mizzou_8541 04-01-2022 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 16227556)
Group of Death it is IMO.....

England (5)
Iran (21)
USA (15)
and one of the following

Wales (18)
Ukraine (27)
Scotland (39)

Nah. I don’t think so. Canada has a much tougher draw than us. I think it’s a good not great group.

Monticore 04-02-2022 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 16228028)
Nah. I don’t think so. Canada has a much tougher draw than us. I think it’s a good not great group.

I think our draw is tough but could have been worse , we have enough speed and youth up front to potentially give Croatia and Morocco some trouble Belgium although also getting older like Croatia I do t think we have a chance

Stanley Nickels 04-03-2022 02:32 PM

As expected, Sporting can’t buy a goal with this offense. Gonna be a loooong year.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-03-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 16223180)

Some controversy today in the Senegal-Egypt World Cup qualifier. Egypts players were hit with laser pointers during the game and in the penalty shootout to determine who goes to the World Cup. Egypt fans have been known to use the same tactic, so it’s hard to fully sympathize with them, but with a spot in the World Cup on the line you hate to see it marred by controversy like that. The way Africa’s qualifying worked out this year sucked. Sad that one of these teams has to miss out as they are obviously the best 2 teams in Africa and Salah is arguably the best player in the world right now so his talent will be missed this winter.

World Cup draw is Friday at 11 am CST. The US all but secured their spot with the dominating win over Panama Sunday as long as we don’t somehow lose by 6 goals tomorrow in Costa Rica. Fingers are crossed to not end up in a group of death.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">World Cup Draw - almost final<br><br>Pot 1: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� �������������� ���� ����<br>Pot 2: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� ����<br>Pot 3: ���� ���� ���� ���� ���� ����<br>Pot 4: ���� ���� ����, ����/���� winner, 3 playoff winners<br><br>���� - 3 if ���� qualifies directly or 2<br>���� / ���� - 2 or playoffs<br>���� - 3 w win, 4 otherwise<br>���� - 4 if ���� win, 3 otherwise</p>&mdash; We Global Football (@We_Global) <a href="https://twitter.com/We_Global/status/1508921208842207235?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can't stand Salah or Eqypt.

Dude choked hard there.

alpha_omega 04-05-2022 01:27 PM

Ok footballers...what's up with Tuesday daytime soccer on CBS?
Atlético Madrid vs. Manchester City

Mizzou_8541 04-05-2022 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 16234070)

Champions League.

|Zach| 04-08-2022 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 16234070)

THE CHAMPPPPPIONSSSSSSSSSS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ltcHzgUc944" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

|Zach| 04-08-2022 06:13 PM

Gio Reyna plays for 7 minutes for Dortmund and pulls up lame with a hamstring. That kid has been snake bitten this year. Hoping it is not something too serious.

POND_OF_RED 04-08-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 16239205)
Gio Reyna plays for 7 minutes for Dortmund and pulls up lame with a hamstring. That kid has been snake bitten this year. Hoping it is not something too serious.

https://c.tenor.com/z8VUQrIlSzIAAAAd...ts-padding.gif

Time to shut him down for the season obviously. Hopefully it’s not anything that lingers into the end of summer and he can find some good form before the World Cup. He’s absolutely fun to watch when he’s healthy.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Gio Reyna, convirtiendo en conos a los jugadores mexicanos… 🔮 <a href="https://t.co/KWIawVzD7A">pic.twitter.com/KWIawVzD7A</a></p>&mdash; Ataque Futbolero (@AtaqueFutbolero) <a href="https://twitter.com/AtaqueFutbolero/status/1507201065095208961?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 25, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When was the last time the US played with a healthy McKennie, Reyna, and Pulisic? It feels like forever ago. Let’s hope the stars align for us this fall.

POND_OF_RED 04-16-2022 08:56 AM

Zack Steffen is having another embarrassing FA cup appearance. He has to get out of Man City. He is not a world class keeper and he’s wasting his youth by sitting on a bench. Time to move to a team that he can get some more playing time. He’s not seasoned enough to just come off the bench in huge games like this and be in top form.

|Zach| 04-17-2022 07:05 PM

Sporting is in a bad way this year...worst start in over a deciade. Even had a promising first half against one of the better teams in the league but that LAFC second goal really did them in.

Good energy from Tzionis but Shelton was so damn bad. It was crazy.

League has changed. Finding gems in thrift stores and maximizing a roster that has gumption is not working in today's MLS.

They showed good intent by signing Pulido but that injury should not bring down our whole ship.

Lots to do to get back on track at being one of the best in the league.

This was a nice goal but the fact he was allowed to get it off at all was terrible.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/b1EDkfRvqaQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

petegz28 04-17-2022 07:39 PM

Team completely sucks ass right now. Haven't scored more than 1 goal in a game this season. Too much playing it from the back and too much passing in the attack zone.

Russel looks slow and only got a goal because it went off a defender. Salloi is invisible on the field as well.

No speed and and no toughness. LAFC beat them on every 50-50 ball and knocked them off the ball at will.

alpha_omega 05-30-2022 07:26 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Envahissement du terrain au stade Geoffroy-Guichard. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ASSE?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ASSE</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ASSEAJA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ASSEAJA</a> <a href="https://t.co/N7pX2NVrhj">pic.twitter.com/N7pX2NVrhj</a></p>&mdash; Adrien Blettery (@AdBlettery) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdBlettery/status/1530999993657708552?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jettio 06-01-2022 11:46 AM

Scotland v. Ukraine today 1:30pm cst. ESPN2

Winner plays Wales on Sunday to be the team in the World Cup group with USA, England and Iran.