ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Fisher to the Colts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338249)

The Franchise 05-10-2021 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668243)
He drafted Nelson and Braden Smith in 18. Luck went from one of the most sacked qb’s to the least sacked qb in one year, thanks to Ballards draft and Reichs offense.

To say he did nothing to help Luck is hilariously wrong.

He drafted a LG at 6. A sure fire LG that everyone said was going to be good. He gets about as much credit for Nelson as Pioli does for drafting Berry. Not ****ing much.

PHOG 05-10-2021 03:07 PM

LMAOLMAOLMAO This is how they'll protect Wentz? (Gone)

FloridaMan88 05-10-2021 03:12 PM

Indy lucks into getting Luck with the first overall draft pick in 2012 after Manning's injury... transitioning from one franchise QB to another... while the Chiefs do their usual "Because the Chiefs" and get the first overall draft pick a year later in arguably the weakest first round draft in modern history, taking Fisher #1 overall.

And fast forward about a decade later and the Chiefs are set with Mahomes/OBJ at left tackle, while the Colts are attempting a Wentz/Fisher broke dick combination.

Karma.

RunKC 05-10-2021 03:27 PM

Fisher started 100/110 regular season games since his awful rookie season. That’s 91% availability.

Not sure I would call him a brokedick

FloridaMan88 05-10-2021 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15668385)
Fisher started 100/110 regular season games since his awful rookie season. That’s 91% availability.

Not sure I would call him a brokedick

Maybe calling him a broke dick is overly harsh, but his availability for most of the upcoming season will be uncertain.

ThyKingdomCome15 05-10-2021 03:57 PM

Some players never really come back from that. They way overpaid.

DaneMcCloud 05-10-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668243)
He drafted Nelson and Braden Smith in 18.

Luck went from one of the most sacked qb’s to the least sacked qb in one year, thanks to Ballards draft and Reichs offense.

To say he did nothing to help Luck is hilariously wrong.

Sorry, spending the #6 pick overall on a ****ing GUARD is not helping your QB, especially since starting guards in the NFL can be found on Day 3 or even as undrafted college free agents.

But hey, it seems as if you're invested in a shitty Colts team so you can do you.

DaneMcCloud 05-10-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15668306)
He drafted a LG at 6. A sure fire LG that everyone said was going to be good. He gets about as much credit for Nelson as Pioli does for drafting Berry. Not ****ing much.

Exactly.

If Ballard had even a standard size set of balls, he'd have turned that #6 overall into multiple picks to fill out their roster.

Instead, they're looking at paying a guard $16 million per year, if not more, or watching him walk in Free Agency.

Hoopsdoc should stick to hoops.

Hoopsdoc 05-10-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15668440)
Exactly.

If Ballard had even a standard size set of balls, he'd have turned that #6 overall into multiple picks to fill out their roster.

Instead, they're looking at paying a guard $16 million per year, if not more, or watching him walk in Free Agency.

Hoopsdoc should stick to hoops.

LMAO

You have NO idea what you’re talking about.

They originally had the 3rd pick. They traded it to the Jets for 6, 36, 49, and the Jets 2nd rounder in 2019. And took Nelson, who has been named all pro AND pro bowler in each of his first 3 seasons.

Nelson would have been a good pick at 3 and Ballard got him at 6, plus four more picks.

Also, he’s not walking and he’ll be worth every penny they pay him.

Dane should stick to Hollywood.

scho63 05-10-2021 04:27 PM

Hopefully this will finally end the dreams of some of the people here thinking Schwartz and Fisher would be coming back.

RealSNR 05-10-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668160)
Nah, all of those guys are quality starters, with the possible exception of Turay and Lewis, because they haven’t really been starters yet. Turay because of injury and Lewis because of Denico Autrys presence.

But they’ve done well when they’ve played and both of them will get a chance to start this season.

Michael Pittman's a quality starter?

Uhh, no. Look, you PROJECT him to be a quality starter because you like what you've seen, but no, thus far he's not.

It'd be like one of us thinking Mecole Hardman is going to take the next step with an expanded role in year 3, so he's now a quality starter whereas up to this point, he's lucky if he's been anything more than another Demarcus Robinson.

And you can add Jonathan Taylor onto that same "not quite there yet" list.

Kman34 05-10-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 15668460)
Hopefully this will finally end the dreams of some of the people here thinking Schwartz and Fisher would be coming back.

Exactly... Was never going to happen..

Raiderhater 05-10-2021 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15668007)
Chris Ballard is Carl Peterson 2.0.

His drafts have been solid, if not confusing. He's traded for a backup QB in Jacoby Brissett, traded for an injured QB whose play fell off a cliff three years ago, settles for a second option at head coach and has absolutely no plan in place to make his team a contender.

Instead, he's hoping that something good might happen to his team during the "tournament".

He might be fine at identifying talent, even though his time in Chicago and Indy haven't amounted to much, but he's a lameass GM that hasn't taken any risks to pull the Colts out of their doldrums.

Which is fine by me because the Colts can suck it.

Long and hard.

ChiefsCountry 05-10-2021 05:41 PM

I actually like Wentz in Indy. I think its a better fit for him than Philadelphia. A country boy from North Dakota will feel more at home in Indianapolis and he had success under Reich before. Now its going to be Trevor Lawrence's divison in the forseable future but there will be a little time to make some noise between them and Titans see who can control for the next couple seasons.

Hoopsdoc 05-10-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15668477)
Michael Pittman's a quality starter?

Uhh, no. Look, you PROJECT him to be a quality starter because you like what you've seen, but no, thus far he's not.

It'd be like one of us thinking Mecole Hardman is going to take the next step with an expanded role in year 3, so he's now a quality starter whereas up to this point, he's lucky if he's been anything more than another Demarcus Robinson.

And you can add Jonathan Taylor onto that same "not quite there yet" list.

I mean, I guess technically, you’re right.

Pittman had 40 catches and 500 yards despite only starting 8 games in his rookie season. There’s no reason to think he won’t continue to improve.

Taylor had almost 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns as a rookie and came on incredibly strong to finish the season. If you can’t call him a quality starter, I’m not sure you can call ANYONE a quality starter.

Hoopsdoc 05-10-2021 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15668531)
I actually like Wentz in Indy. I think its a better fit for him than Philadelphia. A country boy from North Dakota will feel more at home in Indianapolis and he had success under Reich before. Now its going to be Trevor Lawrence's divison in the forseable future but there will be a little time to make some noise between them and Titans see who can control for the next couple seasons.

I think Wentz is gonna be alright. He may take awhile to get going but I think he’ll be a good quarterback next year.

I think Jax is gonna be good but they may be a year away. Tennessee doesn’t scare me. They’re a one trick pony. Houston is an absolute dumpster fire.

I think the Colts can indeed make some noise next year.

Skyy God 05-10-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668578)
I think Wentz is gonna be alright. He may take awhile to get going but I think he’ll be a good quarterback next year.

I think Jax is gonna be good but they may be a year away. Tennessee doesn’t scare me. They’re a one trick pony. Houston is an absolute dumpster fire.

I think the Colts can indeed make some noise next year.

If by noise you mean a 1st round playoff exit, then yes.

Hoopsdoc 05-10-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15668590)
If by noise you mean a 1st round playoff exit, then yes.

You’re probably right, but it’s not like they had a ton of options. Rivers was done. Eason is a complete unknown. They gave Brissett a whole year and he stunk.

They inquired about Stafford but LA was gonna outbid everyone from the start.

To move from 21 into the top 5 would have been insanely expensive, so getting one of the studs in the draft was out.

There just weren’t a lot of options.

I think Ballard made the move with the most chance for success.

Skyy God 05-10-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668607)
You’re probably right, but it’s not like they had a ton of options. Rivers was done. Eason is a complete unknown. They gave Brissett a whole year and he stunk.

To move from 21 into the top 5 would have been insanely expensive, so getting one of the studs in the draft was out.

There were options, but Ballard has small dick energy.

He gave up a likely 2022 first for Wentz, who looks broken.

I’d much rather trade up for Fields on a cheap contract than settle for a guy who can’t finish the season. And who is, by the way, a divisive locker room presence.

TwistedChief 05-10-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15668611)
There were options, but Ballard has small dick energy.

He gave up a likely 2022 first for Wentz, who looks broken.

I’d much rather trade up for Fields on a cheap contract than settle for a guy who can’t finish the season. And who is, by the way, a divisive locker room presence.

If the coach were anyone but Frank Reich, I'd agree with you. But presumably he has a better feel for Wentz than most others. From that perspective, you can at least understand the thought process behind the trade if Reich gave it the green light.

POND_OF_RED 05-10-2021 07:57 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/b4819...6ec8/tenor.gif
Cheers to you Big Fish! Thanks for the trophies.

Mecca 05-10-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

I actually think Schwartz wants to come back based on things he's said but I don't expect it, I expect him to retire. He seems content and not interested in going elsewhere.

T-post Tom 05-10-2021 09:03 PM

Nice to see. Hope it goes well ....... as long as it doesn’t impede the Chiefs from another SB win. :)

JakeF 05-10-2021 09:25 PM

good for Fisher.

He didn't deserve the shit he got in KC. He had a decent LG next to him for maybe 2 yrs of his KC career. Those 2 years he was damn good.

Hopefully, he gets healthy and has a quality remaining career(except when facing us)

srvy 05-10-2021 09:33 PM

I wish Fish well in Indy. That is a bad injury for an LT hope he can overcome it. Very unpopular #1 draft pick for us but always went to war on the left side. Good luck on the comeback.

DaneMcCloud 05-11-2021 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668449)
LMAO

You have NO idea what you’re talking about.

They originally had the 3rd pick. They traded it to the Jets for 6, 36, 49, and the Jets 2nd rounder in 2019. And took Nelson, who has been named all pro AND pro bowler in each of his first 3 seasons.

Nelson would have been a good pick at 3 and Ballard got him at 6, plus four more picks.

Also, he’s not walking and he’ll be worth every penny they pay him.

Dane should stick to Hollywood.

Ballard’s best pick in four drafts was a guard. The Colts are 32-32 under his tenure.

He could have had Lamar Jackson or Josh Allen.

He’s Carl Peterson.

And you don’t know dock about football.

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15668771)
Ballard’s best pick in four drafts was a guard. The Colts are 32-32 under his tenure.

He’s Carl Peterson.

I’d say Darius Leonard was his best pick, considering most people hated it at the time. Hell, some people had it as the worst pick of the entire draft.

Also, why in the hell would they have drafted Allen or Jackson? Luck didn’t retire until after the 2018 season.

Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about.

RealSNR 05-11-2021 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668570)
I mean, I guess technically, you’re right.

Pittman had 40 catches and 500 yards despite only starting 8 games in his rookie season. There’s no reason to think he won’t continue to improve.

Taylor had almost 1200 yards and 11 touchdowns as a rookie and came on incredibly strong to finish the season. If you can’t call him a quality starter, I’m not sure you can call ANYONE a quality starter.

What was he doing the other 8 games? Sitting on the bench with his thumb up his ass?

Mecole Hardman started only FIVE games his rookie year and did the same 500 yards, but he also produced 6 TDs to Pittman's 1 TD.

There's no reason to think he won't improve, other than the history of the NFL is LITTERED with dudes like Pittman who end up never quite putting it all together, at least not consistently. Maybe he'll have a nice Derrick Alexander-like career and one day have a breakout season on a shitty team that forces him the ball. Maybe he'll be more than that. Who knows. It's just funny you put him on the list of BALLARD QUALITY STARTERZ!!!

But in any case, you're REALLY overrating your GM's draft prowess. Again, I didn't say Ballard was a piece of shit at drafting. My initial argument was people suck his dick way too much for how little he's actually done. He's far from an elite GM. He's not top 5, and I don't even think I'd rank him above somebody like Rick Spielman in Minnesota, who has drafts NFL stars far more frequently than somebody like Ballard.

There's nothing wrong with being early era Carl Peterson. You get to go to the playoffs a bunch, and many of those years you get people excited about your chances. It will all come crashing down until Ballard grows a pair and stops being a ****ing pussy in free agency, though.

Brody Wa 05-11-2021 06:28 AM

Thanks helping the Chiefs become a SB winner. Good luck with your recovery.

Buehler445 05-11-2021 06:51 AM

Good for Fish. I’m a fisher fan even though like most of the rest of us I was like the angry guy in the GIF (who we all think was milkman RIP). But turned out to be a good player and a good pick in that garbage draft.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15668079)
I've never seen a guy get his dick sucked so much by the media for doing so little.

He drafted Darius Leonard. And a really awesome OG, but he needed to burn the 6th overall pick to get him. And that's about it.

Great job, Chris! Want a damn cookie?

Hitting on a couple draft picks doesn't make you an elite GM (particularly for positions that are harder to go bust on than others). Has he created a bank within his own salary cap structure where cash can be "withdrawn" through contract restructures? Has he devised the most creative and awesome contract for his QB the league has ever seen? Has he ever completely renovated an entire position group in the course of just 3 months of an offseason not once but TWICE?

He's absolutely the ultimate Carl. Dane is right. He'll get you a playoff team, but he's never going to make the moves that will put them over the top.

Ultimately I think Ballard is a “value” guy. He’s not going to overpay.

Well guess what, sometimes overpaying is ****ing worth it. I’ve preached forever production per unit salary cap. But on the aggregate you need to pay a team that will make the necessary plays to win. Sure if you have a guy that can make 75% of the plays a star can at 40% salary cap dollars that’s a good value. It is. But if you have no one on the roster that can make the other 25% of the plays, you’re mediocre.

The strict value thing only works if you can get playmakers somewhere at a value. Belicheat did it for years because He fell ass backwards into an elite QB. But pick like Belicheat and you’ll be out of a job in 3 years.

And to be fair they may have done it in Wentz. It it turns out it was all Pedersens fault, Ballard will have knocked a home run. But that seems .... unlikely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15668361)
Indy lucks into getting Luck with the first overall draft pick in 2012 after Manning's injury... transitioning from one franchise QB to another... while the Chiefs do their usual "Because the Chiefs" and get the first overall draft pick a year later in arguably the weakest first round draft in modern history, taking Fisher #1 overall.

And fast forward about a decade later and the Chiefs are set with Mahomes/OBJ at left tackle, while the Colts are attempting a Wentz/Fisher broke dick combination.

Karma.

Wrong. Karma would be Irsay sells their Lombardi all their players and staff for drug money and Lucas Oil Stadium is a crackhouse for the foreseeable future. Then after Irsay gets shanked because he blew all his money on drugs the NFL doesn’t put another franchise in the city.

rabblerouser 05-11-2021 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 15668019)
I don't think his Achilles was a complete tear, and Veach was stating a mid-August return. If his Achilles holds, this would be a good pickup. If fish was healthy and we cut him he would have garnered much more than $9.5 mil on the open market. I wish nothing but the best for Fish, he loved the Chiefs, despite many fans despising him for a draft class he had no control over. I hope he is successful at Indy and we beat them in the playoffs...

Fish blew his ACL in January. Regardless if partial or complete tear, he won't be back until October. It might even be close to Halloween.

crayzkirk 05-11-2021 07:28 AM

Hoping for a healthy future for him. Never heard a negative word from or about him. Thanks for the memories; will never forget the one where he took the fan's beer and poured it on himself.

htismaqe 05-11-2021 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15668845)
Fish blew his ACL in January. Regardless if partial or complete tear, he won't be back until October. It might even be close to Halloween.

Achilles tendon.

Which is worse than an ACL in many respects.

rabblerouser 05-11-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15668860)
Achilles tendon.

Which is worse than an ACL in many respects.

Oh, shit. Did I say possible October return?

I meant "day-to-day".

IowaHawkeyeChief 05-11-2021 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15668845)

It is different for a partial tear... This article is from 2012 and procedures have improved since then...

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/...023-story.html

Quote:

But even the Hall of Fame former Miami Dolphins quarterback was stunned when he saw Terrell Suggs play Sunday against the Houston Texans — just five months after the Ravens outside linebacker underwent surgery on his right Achilles tendon.

Because of recent advancements in medicine and rehabilitation, the number of NFL players who return is growing. Suggs' comeback is slightly different in that he only partially tore his Achilles tendon in April. That distinction — while seemingly minor — is a significant one according to Marino, whose right calf did not recover completely from atrophy suffered after his surgery.
If he signed a 2 year deal, I would say a later return would be likely, but it's a one year deal for $9.5 million. I'm guessing the Colts MD's know a partial tear is a quicker return, most likely Aug. Sept.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-11-2021 08:53 AM

Love Fish. Good luck in Indy.

Don't really see him helping out much this year, due to his injury but whatever.

Glad he got paid somewhere else. Wish him well.

(hoping for Indy's sake they have a backup plan)

RunKC 05-11-2021 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15668771)

He’s Carl Peterson.

I don’t blame him at all for 2018. Luck was still the QB and won comeback player of the year. I don’t think he really thought about retirement seriously until Spring 2019

tredadda 05-11-2021 09:08 AM

Quote:

Fisher was never coming back to play backup. Not sure why anyone would even think he would do that.

tredadda 05-11-2021 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668607)

They could have gone from 21 to 11 and gotten Fields without giving up the farm. He probably would have been as productive if not more under Reich for far cheaper.

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15668938)
They could have gone from 21 to 11 and gotten Fields without giving up the farm. He probably would have been as productive if not more under Reich for far cheaper.

The Bears gave up their first this year, next year, and 2 other picks to get Fields.
The Colts gave up a 3rd this year and a 2nd/1st next year.

They gave up quite a bit less to get Wentz.

RealSNR 05-11-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15668861)
Oh, shit. Did I say possible October return?

I meant "day-to-day".

My God, man. It's an achilles, not a haglund. It's not a death sentence!

htismaqe 05-11-2021 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668988)
The Bears gave up their first this year, next year, and 2 other picks to get Fields.

Wentz will count 10x against the cap as Fields will this year, and even more the next 2 years assuming the Colts can even afford to keep him at his ridiculous cap numbers.

TEX 05-11-2021 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15668912)
Love Fish. Good luck in Indy.

Don't really see him helping out much this year, due to his injury but whatever.

Glad he got paid somewhere else. Wish him well.

(hoping for Indy's sake they have a backup plan)

This is how I feel also. Except, I hope they don't have a backup plan.

RealSNR 05-11-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15668992)
Wentz will count 10x against the cap as Fields will this year, and even more the next 2 years assuming the Colts can even afford to keep him at his ridiculous cap numbers.

Exactly. Because of that contract, the deal is only great for the Colts if Wentz returns to his 2017 form (or whatever year it was where he was looking like runaway MVP).

It's probably still worth it if he just plays ok. Still too much, but then again, that's kind of the deal these days. Your veteran game manager these days is making $20+ million/season. The main negative to that is of course it turns into just another "solid but nothing spectacular" move that Ballard has come to be associated with.

And obviously, if he's worse than that, the deal is a giant dumpster fire. Won't get Ballard fired by any means, but it means he's back to the drawing board with even less to work with.

Skyy God 05-11-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Colts fans deserve Ballard.

Your warped perception of value and winning trades matches his.

Wallymo 05-11-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 15668727)
I wish Fish well in Indy. That is a bad injury for an LT hope he can overcome it. Very unpopular #1 draft pick for us but always went to war on the left side. Good luck on the comeback.

I'm thankful we picked Fish instead of Luke Joeckel, which appeared to be the big decision at the time. Joeckel quickly fell out of the league and is an underrated total bust for a #2 pick. The only QB in the first round was EJ Manuel. Awful draft.

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15669029)
Colts fan deserve Ballard.

Your warped perception of value and winning trades matches his.

LMAO

How is what I wrote “warped”?

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15668992)

Wentz has no guaranteed money remaining beyond the 25 million the Colts will pay him this upcoming season. If he sucks, they can walk away after that with no penalty.

If he works out, his cap hits are around 22 million for the remainder of his deal. That’s not a bad deal for a starting quarterback.

alpha_omega 05-11-2021 10:58 AM

8-9

Skyy God 05-11-2021 10:59 AM

Very Ballard move. Hoopsdoc will approve.

“ ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones.

Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones.”

Skyy God 05-11-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 15669190)
8-9

God I hate the new 17 game schedule.

**** the owners for their rapacious greed and the players for going along with it.

alpha_omega 05-11-2021 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15669202)

**** the owners for their rapacious greed and the players for going along with it.

Agreed...I was thinking the same thing as I typed my response.

Mecca 05-11-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

How about when it goes to 18?

RealSNR 05-11-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15669218)

At least then we'll be able to say, "______ a .500 team" to mean any team that mediocrely hangs around the 7-9/8-8 area.

Now you'll have to say "They're a 8-9/9-8 team" which doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15669195)
Very Ballard move. Hoopsdoc will approve.

“ ESPN's Michael Rothstein reports the Colts could be among potential trade partners for Julio Jones.

Rothstein said the 49ers, Patriots, and Raiders could also be in the mix for Julio if the Falcons make the agonizing decision to part ways with their longtime franchise cornerstone. Colts general manager Chris Ballard's willingness to engage in blockbuster trade talks and Indy's salary cap space -- around $21.5 million -- leave the Colts as a favorite to land Jones.”

:shrug: Depends on the cost.

Hoover 05-11-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15669218)

I love the extended season. My only complaint is that they didn't build in a second bye week.

Mecca 05-11-2021 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15669236)
I love the extended season. My only complaint is that they didn't build in a second bye week.

I think that'll happen too, 18 games also makes expansion easier..

I think the end game is:
18 games
2 byes
40 teams
Expanded playoffs

This could easily expand the season 4-6 weeks with more teams, more games, more playoffs the league revenue goes way up.

Skyy God 05-11-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15669270)

I think the end game is:
18 games
2 byes
40 teams
Expanded playoffs

This could easily expand the season 4-6 weeks with more teams, more games, more playoffs the league revenue goes way up.

Shoot me now.

tredadda 05-11-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

They did give up less, but did they get the better product? When I meant cheaper, I meant salary wise.

RealSNR 05-11-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

I think the end game is:
18 games
2 byes
40 teams
Expanded playoffs

40 teams?

The NFL already has to wade through all those shitty players every offseason. Now we're going to further dilute the talent we have out there by throwing on a few more Nick Keizers to even the good teams? And if your team is terrible, it's going to be REALLY terrible if some of these training camp clods are now a part of your 53.

The Franchise 05-11-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

I think the end game is:
18 games
2 byes
40 teams
Expanded playoffs

**** more teams. They need to expand roster sizes.

DaneMcCloud 05-11-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15669505)

I watched a bit of The Spring League late last night on FS1.

I don’t know who I feel more sorry for: The players, the coaches or the viewers.

The players have to PAY $2,100 dollars to get a tryout. They’re not paid for their play and must provide their own health insurance. The league covers their room and board once on the team and that’s it.

The world does not need more NFL teams or leagues.

The Franchise 05-11-2021 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15669523)

I don’t know who I feel more sorry for: The players, the coaches or the viewers.

The players have to PAY $2,100 dollars to get a tryout. They’re not paid for their play and must provide their own health insurance. The league covers their room and board once on the team and that’s it.

Getting rid of NFL Europe was a bad idea, IMO.

RunKC 05-11-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15669505)

Bingo. They need to make sure teams have every opportunity to avoid situations like the Chiefs in the SB.

I hate their rules about IR returns. Every single player should be able to return to help their team if they are able.

KC Hawks 05-11-2021 02:05 PM

Imagine the Chiefs first round pick being the 40th pick of the draft.

Pitt Gorilla 05-11-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

That's horrible. Who the **** is watching THAT?

Pitt Gorilla 05-11-2021 02:11 PM

Quote:

Exactly this.

htismaqe 05-11-2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15669637)
Exactly this.

On the plus side, finishing 13-3 is no longer possible. LOL

InChiefsHeaven 05-11-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

When the UFL (United Football League) started like 10 years ago (and ended almost immediately) they had like 5 teams, brought in some has beens like Jeff Garcia (the Omaha Nighthawks quarterback) but there were some young guys that were trying to make NFL rosters.

The problem was, they played in the fall, so they competed against HS, College and the NFL. Idiots. I think if they would have partnered with the NFL, they could have had a Spring Football "feeder league" like NFL Europe and we could have had football year around. Get some smaller markets like Omaha, Savannah, Tucson, whatever, and get together like 12 teams for NFL teams to send players to, and cut their teeth that way. I dunno, I think it could work.

rabblerouser 05-11-2021 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15668991)
My God, man. It's an achilles, not a haglund. It's not a death sentence!

Remember- that Haglund's shit started with a Hobo Achilles tear.

Has Fish grown a beard? Does he look like a hippie?

htismaqe 05-11-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15669644)
When the UFL (United Football League) started like 10 years ago (and ended almost immediately) they had like 5 teams, brought in some has beens like Jeff Garcia (the Omaha Nighthawks quarterback) but there were some young guys that were trying to make NFL rosters.

The problem was, they played in the fall, so they competed against HS, College and the NFL. Idiots. I think if they would have partnered with the NFL, they could have had a Spring Football "feeder league" like NFL Europe and we could have had football year around. Get some smaller markets like Omaha, Savannah, Tucson, whatever, and get together like 12 teams for NFL teams to send players to, and cut their teeth that way. I dunno, I think it could work.

Those secondary markets can't sustain it for whatever reason. AAA baseball does fine in a place like Des Moines but they couldn't keep an AFL team despite championship appearances and the rise of Kurt Warner. They eventually went AF2 and even that was a struggle.

Football just doesn't do well in the minors, for some reason.

DaneMcCloud 05-11-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15669690)
Football just doesn't do well in the minors, for some reason.

Bad football is difficult to watch.

It's not like Minor League Baseball or even the NBA's G League, because those many of those players, especially the highly drafted guys, will go on to have a pro careers, which makes it fun to watch.

But only a very small percentage of players, especially these days with extensive scouting tools and metrics, will go from a semi-pro league to the NFL.

And, bad football is just hard to watch.

Pitt Gorilla 05-11-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15669716)
Bad football is difficult to watch.

It's not like Minor League Baseball or even the NBA's G League, because those many of those players, especially the highly drafted guys, will go on to have a pro careers, which makes it fun to watch.

But only a very small percentage of players, especially these days with extensive scouting tools and metrics, will go from a semi-pro league to the NFL.

And, bad football is just hard to watch.

Roster size and career-length have to be some of the biggest issues.

TEX 05-11-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15669640)
On the plus side, finishing 13-3 is no longer possible. LOL

Thank goodness!

DaneMcCloud 05-11-2021 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15668786)
I’d say Darius Leonard was his best pick, considering most people hated it at the time. Hell, some people had it as the worst pick of the entire draft.

Also, why in the hell would they have drafted Allen or Jackson? Luck didn’t retire until after the 2018 season.

Again, you have no clue what you’re talking about.

LMAO

I had no idea we had a ****ing Colts fan on Chiefsplanet.

I hope they continue to draft guards with their Top 10 picks and they suck for eternity.

**** you and **** the Colts.

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15669922)
LMAO

I had no idea we had a ****ing Colts fan on Chiefsplanet.

I hope they continue to draft guards with their Top 10 picks and they suck for eternity.

**** you and **** the Colts.

Of course. I wouldn’t expect anything less on a Chiefs board.

Future conversations would be helped considerably if you had any clue whatsoever about what we’re discussing, though.

DaneMcCloud 05-11-2021 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15669967)
Future conversations would be helped considerably if you had any clue whatsoever about what we’re discussing, though.

LMAO

You're a butt****ing moron.

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15670042)
LMAO

You're a butt****ing moron.

Dane called me a butt****ing moron. That’s like a CP rite of passage. :rockon:

I’m so emotional right now.

RealSNR 05-11-2021 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 15670051)
Dane called me a butt****ing moron. That’s like a CP rite of passage. :rockon:

I’m so emotional right now.

Frankly, I'm shocked the Colts didn't go 1-15 last year in an attempt to nab Lawrence. How else are you supposed to find a top QB if you don't suck on purpose to get the #1 pick?

These next 10 years of QB purgatory will be really good for you. I'm happy you're finally going develop some character as an NFL fan and experience numb pain of having to wander around the desert for years on end hoping some magical Tom Brady gets shat out with one of your midround picks.

Enjoy our hell!

Hoopsdoc 05-11-2021 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15670075)
Frankly, I'm shocked the Colts didn't go 1-15 last year in an attempt to nab Lawrence. How else are you supposed to find a top QB if you don't suck on purpose to get the #1 pick?

These next 10 years of QB purgatory will be really good for you. I'm happy you're finally going develop some character as an NFL fan and experience numb pain of having to wander around the desert for years on end hoping some magical Tom Brady gets shat out with one of your midround picks.

Enjoy our hell!

LMAO

They didn’t “suck on purpose” to get Luck. We’ve been through this 100 times. Just because you keep saying it doesn’t make it true.

I’m not old enough to remember the Colts bad years in the 80’s and 90’s but they were really bad for a really long time.