ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign Taco Charlton (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330998)

Red Dawg 05-02-2020 08:36 AM

Veach is getting the DL some good depth.

Hoover 05-02-2020 08:42 AM

I also think this is an example of Veach signing and drafting players that will respect and want to play with the leaders on this team. Look at what every DB said about going to the Chiefs, can't wait to play with HB. Same here with Frank Clark. And this isn't a coincidence, I think Veach looks for this.

Spott 05-02-2020 09:28 AM

Hard to hate this. I’ve missed having a taco more than anything else these past 2 months.

Three7s 05-02-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14948379)
OK, please don't kill the messenger, but I just had a stark, unsettling realization.

My beloved, Super Bowl Champion Kansas City Chiefs, are the equivalent of the AL Davis Raiders when it comes to player acquisitions.

The Raiders used to be the team that drafted players with character issues, and who signed the players the rest of the league shunned because of off the field issues or a history of run-ins with law enforcement, etc.

And now that team is us. We draft players who have issues, like Hill, Peters, and now Willie Gay Jr. We acquired Frank Clark, and Breeland was just arrested, and on the heels of that news we sign Taco Charlton. And a few years ago we had a player commit murder & suicide.

But thank goodness there is still a difference between my Chiefs and those filthy, disgusting Raider teams. Our Head Coach has a history of helping men turn their life around, and Andy Reid wants to help these players become better team mates and better people. Al Davis never cared about those players, he just reveled in pissing off the commissioner, and enhancing his team's reputation as a bunch of bad apples.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

:facepalm:

Sure-Oz 05-02-2020 09:59 AM

@TheRealFrankC_: He will be legend I promise that. [emoji2958] https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/s...975233/photo/1

RunKC 05-02-2020 10:33 AM

That’s why we signed him. Frank will take him under his wing

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He will be legend I promise that. �� <a href="https://t.co/NtBlFPlaDz">pic.twitter.com/NtBlFPlaDz</a></p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1256613694122975233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser 05-02-2020 10:38 AM

Over/under on Speaks being traded?

The Franchise 05-02-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14948603)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He will be legend I promise that. �� <a href="https://t.co/NtBlFPlaDz">pic.twitter.com/NtBlFPlaDz</a></p>&mdash; Frank Clark (@TheRealFrankC_) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheRealFrankC_/status/1256613694122975233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

**** yeah.

Dante84 05-02-2020 10:51 AM

Lowkey a huge signing, potentially.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-02-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14948608)

Not tradeable. He hasn't played enough. Anyway he could be a good role player. Remember that time he was gonna sack Brady and decided not to. He's nice like that.

Cosmos 05-02-2020 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 14948627)
Not tradeable. He hasn't played enough. Anyway he could be a good role player. Remember that time he was gonna sack Brady and decided not to. He's nice like that.

Agreed.

And there will be some competition and presumably depth at DE, which is invaluable.

Waiting for Veach to pull the trigger on an experienced CB before the season starts, as I can’t see this team going with only 3 experienced CB’s, with one being Breeland.

Rain Man 05-02-2020 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14948603)

Yeah, presumably they vetted the decision with Frank. If Frank gave him the nod, Frank will keep him in line.

nychief 05-02-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmos (Post 14948665)
Agreed.

And there will be some competition and presumably depth at DE, which is invaluable.

Waiting for Veach to pull the trigger on an experienced CB before the season starts, as I can’t see this team going with only 3 experienced CB’s, with one being Breeland.

With no off season workouts and presumably pushed back TC... we shouldn't expect much from any of the rookies, save the running back. Meaning the michigan kid we drafted will have a hard time making the team.

I wouldn't be surprised if we scrap heap another vet DB later in the summer.

RealSNR 05-02-2020 11:22 AM

Quote:

Depends if Bill O'Brien is still the coach/GM by that point.

Jerok 05-02-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 14948543)
Hard to hate this. I’ve missed having a taco more than anything else these past 2 months.

Just go to taco bell or taco John's or the grocery store. No one is preventing you from buying/making tacos.

smithandrew051 05-02-2020 11:42 AM

I wouldn’t trade any of our DL. Depth is a good thing with the way we play.

I’d hate to see us lose multiple guys to injuries and have to make a move. We’re in a great position along the DL. We have like 9 legit players in that group.

FAX 05-02-2020 11:46 AM

I trust Veachy, but I can't shake the feeling that a Gordita would perform better.

FAX

The Franchise 05-02-2020 11:59 AM

So I’ve had two thoughts rolling around in my head since this signing.

1. Does Speaks fit the type of DE that Spags is looking for?

2. How many defensive linemen did we have last year?

I wonder if Speaks could be moving to more of a DE/DT hybrid.

MIAdragon 05-02-2020 12:01 PM

Quote:

This fancy speak for cut?

Simply Red 05-02-2020 12:06 PM

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/2y95S0t" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/2y95S0t"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Redbled 05-02-2020 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chief (Post 14948231)
He was awful in Dallas and Miami — reports out of both camps are that his attitude is terrible. Based on his IG, he seems more obsessed with himself and banging hot models while showing off his cars and tattoos than he is with playing football.

But maybe he finds his drive here in KC. He obv has talent and is still young. He just needs and attitude adjustment.

A guy like that needs a place where he doesn’t feel like he’s special. We are the new and improved Patriots.

Redbled 05-02-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14948289)
Found our new Ogbah. Nice.

Then he’ll look good and get us a nice comp pick just like we did with Ogbah.

These 1 year deals will be turning into draft picks. Veach.

Wilson8 05-02-2020 12:41 PM

Frank Clark
Alex Okafor - Could be released but would have $4 M to $6 M of dead money. 2019 - 22 tackles, 5 sacks in 10 games.
Tanoh Kpassagnon - 1 year on contract, $1.3 M, 2019 - 29 tackles, 4 sacks. Maybe trade if we got some real good value for him.
Breeland Speaks- Two years on contract. A post June 1 trade/cut would still have $629,185 of dead money. 2018 - 24 tackles, 1.5 sack, 2 FR
Demone Harris - 1 yr $750,000. 2019 - 4 tackles in 4 games.
Michael Danna - 5th round pick.
Tim Ward - 2019 NFI
Taco Charlton

It seems like it will be a tough go for Taco making the final roster.

RunKC 05-02-2020 12:45 PM

I feel a lot better about our DL now. Okafor’s injury is not easy to recover from and he’s a bit of a broke dick anyway.

Still want us to go all in on a DE and DT in the draft next year

Skyy God 05-02-2020 12:50 PM

Quote:

Even BOB wouldn’t give up a bag of dicks.

nychief 05-02-2020 12:59 PM

Speaks will get a chance to contribute, I think.

RealSNR 05-02-2020 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14948822)
I feel a lot better about our DL now. Okafor’s injury is not easy to recover from and he’s a bit of a broke dick anyway.

Still want us to go all in on a DE and DT in the draft next year

If we get Chris Jones his multi-year extension (which by all accounts is the route we're going so we can lower his cap hit in the current year) why would we need to go all in at DT? We'd still have Nnadi under contract until the end of the 2021-2022 season. Saunders is here for another year after Nnadi. Chris Jones is a mega-star, Nnadi is a very good starter, and Saunders didn't get his shit pushed in this season and has upside to be almost as good as Jones in the future.

Sure, if a DT is our best option at a particular point in the draft, then take him, but there's absolutely zero reason for us to make DT a specific position we need to target and rebuild. And I recognize that for as much as Spags loves rotating his linemen, it's more important to us than other teams that we're at least 4-deep at DT. Still, for our 4th DT, it's much less important that we go "all in" on that position, particularly because it's ideal that the 4th guy be a Mike Pennel type who is more effective at clogging running lanes than applying an interior pass rush, and those players are a bit easier to find as depth.

And speaking of Pennel, we don't know how many of these guys Veach can convince to just keep sticking around on recurring 1-year deals. Some of them are apparently just fine with it.

RunKC 05-02-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14948839)
If we get Chris Jones his multi-year extension (which by all accounts is the route we're going so we can lower his cap hit in the current year) why would we need to go all in at DT? We'd still have Nnadi under contract until the end of the 2021-2022 season. Saunders is here for another year after Nnadi. Chris Jones is a mega-star, Nnadi is a very good starter, and Saunders didn't get his shit pushed in this season and has upside to be almost as good as Jones in the future.

Sure, if a DT is our best option at a particular point in the draft, then take him, but there's absolutely zero reason for us to make DT a specific position we need to target and rebuild. And I recognize that for as much as Spags loves rotating his linemen, it's more important to us than other teams that we're at least 4-deep at DT. Still, for our 4th DT, it's much less important that we go "all in" on that position, particularly because it's ideal that the 4th guy be a Mike Pennel type who is more effective at clogging running lanes than applying an interior pass rush, and those players are a bit easier to find as depth.

And speaking of Pennel, we don't know how many of these guys Veach can convince to just keep sticking around on recurring 1-year deals. Some of them are apparently just fine with it.

I keep looking back to how much our pass rushers dropped off when Jones was out and Frank was hurt.

All these teams trying to copy us getting weapons wouldn’t have time for them to get open if we had another stud up front. It’s just another added benefit.

Imagine if we had the pass rush talent up front that was similar to the 49ers for the next 4 years? Jesus man just imagine that with this offense? We would be unbeatable

Skyy God 05-02-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 14948818)
Frank Clark
Alex Okafor - Could be released but would have $4 M to $6 M of dead money. 2019 - 22 tackles, 5 sacks in 10 games.
Tanoh Kpassagnon - 1 year on contract, $1.3 M, 2019 - 29 tackles, 4 sacks. Maybe trade if we got some real good value for him.
Breeland Speaks- Two years on contract. A post June 1 trade/cut would still have $629,185 of dead money. 2018 - 24 tackles, 1.5 sack, 2 FR
Tim Ward - 2019 NFI
Taco Charlton

Nah.

Especially if Speaks is traded and Okefor starts on PUP.

staylor26 05-02-2020 02:15 PM

Where the **** do you guys get that Speaks might be traded?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 05-02-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14948936)
Where the **** do you guys get that Speaks might be traded?

LMAO

Yeah, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Who is trading for a guy that didn't fit the 3-4 and was injured last season?

Teams can't perform physicals, which would be required for any player coming off a lost season.

Furthermore, Speaks is going nowhere. The Chiefs have already invested more than $3.5 million in him and haven't had the chance to see what that investment brings.

Bowser 05-02-2020 02:20 PM

Yeah! dumb****s!

https://i.imgflip.com/3ih5js.jpg

RealSNR 05-02-2020 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14948944)

Please ban all dumb****s from this thread!

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14948942)
Yeah, that makes no sense whatsoever.

Who is trading for a guy that didn't fit the 3-4 and was injured last season?

Teams can't perform physicals, which would be required for any player coming off a lost season.

Furthermore, Speaks is going nowhere. The Chiefs have already invested more than $3.5 million in him and haven't had the chance to see what that investment brings.

I think Speaks is going to look good this season. I watched some of the Pats game from 2018 and he flashed quite a bit.

Hoover 05-02-2020 02:50 PM

I have all the faith in the world in our D coordinators.

KPass looked good last year. I think he keeps developing but he’s not going to be here after next year because I expect there to be a decent market for him. Now we just need to see the same with Speaks. I thought he showed signs in his rookie year. And while that missed sack of Brady suck, it was at a time when the NFL was all sorts of flag happy.

If Speaks is just decent, it will help the Chiefs a lot.

MightyMouse 05-02-2020 02:54 PM

Speaks is lazy so I have no faith in him being worth much. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Also coming off injury and quarantine, that dude gonna report at 437lbs.

The Franchise 05-02-2020 02:57 PM

Speaks will for sure get some snaps with Okafor and inside on passing downs.

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14948977)
I have all the faith in the world in our D coordinators.

KPass looked good last year. I think he keeps developing but he’s not going to be here after next year because I expect there to be a decent market for him. Now we just need to see the same with Speaks. I thought he showed signs in his rookie year. And while that missed sack of Brady suck, it was at a time when the NFL was all sorts of flag happy.

If Speaks is just decent, it will help the Chiefs a lot.

If KPass plays decently AT ALL, he's going to get bank. Dude is a physical freak and insanely smart.

Hoover 05-02-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMouse (Post 14948983)
Speaks is lazy so I have no faith in him being worth much. Hopefully he proves me wrong. Also coming off injury and quarantine, that dude gonna report at 437lbs.

Based off of one training camp picture.

I love all the CP GMs who would trade away all their players on rookie contracts if they were not all-pros. I mean not everyone can be Pat Mahomes!

Hoover 05-02-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14948989)
If KPass plays decently AT ALL, he's going to get bank. Dude is a physical freak and insanely smart.

Yep. Enjoy him while we can. And eventually get a nice compensatory pick out of the deal.

Pitt Gorilla 05-02-2020 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14948992)
Yep. Enjoy him while we can. And eventually get a nice compensatory pick out of the deal.

He's 6-7, 290 and looks skinny. If he puts on 20 lbs of muscle, he'll be a monster.

MightyMouse 05-02-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 14948818)
Frank Clark
Tim Ward - 2019 NFI
Taco Charlton

Chiefs kept 10 DL last year including Attacho or whatever it was. There is a opening if they like him more than Harris and Ward and it’s hard to imagine his upside alone doesn’t beat those other two out. If he doesn’t make the final roster it will because the staff doesn’t find his attitude worth it like Mark Fields last year.

RunKC 05-02-2020 03:03 PM

Speaks is worth trying this year but I can’t help but feel like he’s already a bust and that won’t change.

He showed up to camp overweight and even admitted he was a fat lazy **** in the offseason. That’s a huge red flag.

Hope he proves me wrong

MightyMouse 05-02-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14948990)
Based off of one training camp picture.

I love all the CP GMs who would trade away all their players on rookie contracts if they were not all-pros. I mean not everyone can be Pat Mahomes!

Yup just what I said, Speaks should be Mahomes.

Direckshun 05-02-2020 03:18 PM

Five for the roster:

Clark
Okafor
Kpassagnon
Charlton
Danna

Try to trade, then practice squad:

Harris

Try to trade, then cut:

Speaks

Cut:

Ward

Direckshun 05-02-2020 03:20 PM

And I do want to mention that this is another reason I hate the Danna pick.

Demone Harris is super tough against the run, with starter upside if he can get a pass rush developed — and he’s super young. He helped us win a Super Bowl.

We have to risk practice squadding or cutting him to make roster space for Danna, a guy who isn’t as good a fit for the position and also has no pass rush.

Just a terrible pick and we’re going to lose a cheap year of Demone Harris.

Hoover 05-02-2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14949041)

Demone Harris is super tough against the run, with starter upside if he can get a pass rush developed — and he’s super young. He helped us win a Super Bowl.

We have to risk practice squadding or cutting him to make roster space for Danna, a guy who isn’t as good a fit for the position and also has no pass rush.

Completely agree with this.

I really thought they would have went WR or DB in that spot.

BryanBusby 05-02-2020 04:10 PM

Quote:

Nobody should ever be this mad about a late 5th round pick.

keg in kc 05-02-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14949111)

Much less the UDFA he may or may not even be competing for a position with.

Wilson8 05-02-2020 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMouse (Post 14949005)
Chiefs kept 10 DL last year including Attacho or whatever it was. There is a opening if they like him more than Harris and Ward and it’s hard to imagine his upside alone doesn’t beat those other two out. If he doesn’t make the final roster it will because the staff doesn’t find his attitude worth it like Mark Fields last year.

Maybe 10, but maybe 9 on DL. They have to pick from the following players -

16) DL –
#55 DE Frank Clark 1
#95 DT/DE Chris Jones 2
#91 DT Derrick Nnadi 3
#99 DT Khalen Saunders 4
#92 DE/DT Tanoh Kpassagnon 5
#64 DT Mike Pennel 6
#52 Demone Harris ????
#96 Braxton Hoyett
#93 Devaroe Lawrence
#79 Tim Ward
#97 DE Alex Okafor 7
#57 DE Breeland Speaks 8
#90 DE Anthony Lanier - Already been cut? He was on team a few days ago.
DE Michael Danna 9
DE Taco Charlton 10
DE Tershawn Wharton - Practice squad?

Perhaps Alex Okafor won't be ready at the beginning of the season?

staylor26 05-02-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

You’re beyond ****ing stupid.

First off, like Busby said who the **** gets this upset about a 5th round pick?

Also, it’s easy to see why they drafted him when you go back and look at all the East West Shrine week stuff and watch the game. Dude was unblockable (all week apparently) and looked a lot more like the guy at Central Michigan that could get after QB. The weight gain and late start clearly impacted his performance at Michigan.

staylor26 05-02-2020 04:39 PM

Imagine thinking there’s just no way that Danna might actually be better than Demone ****ing Harris

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud 05-02-2020 04:40 PM

Quote:

You are truly an amazing case.

You've been posting horseshit like this for nearly 15 ****ing years. You create "Mock Drafts" constantly, at the start of the season, mid-season, end season and dozens of offseason versions yet, Good ****ing GOD! you're completely clueless about the NFL, about personnel and just haven't learned a single thing during that time.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you're a troll but sadly, that just isn't the case.

Get a grip, dude, get a ****ing grip.

Red Dawg 05-02-2020 04:41 PM

Veach is god damned tactician. A roster surgeon. Mahomes is a damn FA magnet.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2020 04:43 PM

LMAO

Easy 6 05-02-2020 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14948510)
I also think this is an example of Veach signing and drafting players that will respect and want to play with the leaders on this team. Look at what every DB said about going to the Chiefs, can't wait to play with HB. Same here with Frank Clark. And this isn't a coincidence, I think Veach looks for this.

I’m in complete agreement, Veach probably doesn’t take him if Clark’s not here... extremely savvy roster building

All these guys have ready made mentors they respect in place, add in a class act coaching staff and they’re all set to thrive here

RealSNR 05-02-2020 05:16 PM

Quote:

Don't you think if the Chiefs like Demone Harris and he's worth keeping, they'll find a way to keep him?

If he plays better than Taco Charlton, why wouldn't they keep Harris over Charlton? If Danna is as big of a piece of shit as you think he is and Harris is great, why would they practice squad Harris?

Yes, great players on great teams get cut before the regular season all the time. It's also true that guys whose roster spots were thought to be safe get taken by random training camp invites who just simply played better or showed more potential. It happens all the time. Very rarely do you see coaches (particularly on this staff) go, "We think we have a better chance of winning games if we keep Player X over Player Y, but we DID spend a draft pick on Player Y, sooo.... let's hope Player X makes it through to our practice squad!"

SuperBowl4 05-02-2020 05:20 PM

Is Quesadilla Johnson is available?

Titty Meat 05-02-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Guarantee you havent even seen the guy play before. Really dumb post.

DaneMcCloud 05-02-2020 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14949217)
Is Quesadilla Johnson is available?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/51/0c/f9/5...5dab662536.jpg

Easy 6 05-02-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14949267)

Billay would lick its ASS

JakeF 05-02-2020 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 14948166)
That was a thumbs down, not a neg rep, you dumb bitch!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs down is worse than neg rep. It can lead to a post being hidden.

Jewish Rabbi 05-02-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14949366)
Thumbs down is worse than neg rep. It can lead to a post being hidden.

That’s why I always thumbs down your worthless ass posts, bitch!!!

MahiMike 05-02-2020 07:37 PM

Mmm tacos.

CasselGotPeedOn 05-02-2020 07:39 PM

The Taco is ready

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> I promise to give you everything I got in the tank. <a href="https://t.co/dDgPSahep7">https://t.co/dDgPSahep7</a></p>&mdash; Taco Charlton (@TheSupremeTaco) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheSupremeTaco/status/1256642588330917889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tatorhog 05-02-2020 09:20 PM

I didn’t read the entire thread so I have no idea if this was said already but we should see if RNR is available to come back. Having a nacho and taco on the DL seems like a good thing.

Stryker 05-02-2020 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn (Post 14949489)
The Taco is ready

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChiefsKingdom?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#ChiefsKingdom</a> I promise to give you everything I got in the tank. <a href="https://t.co/dDgPSahep7">https://t.co/dDgPSahep7</a></p>&mdash; Taco Charlton (@TheSupremeTaco) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheSupremeTaco/status/1256642588330917889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's cool! Determined and all IN!

Chiefs=Champions 05-02-2020 10:14 PM

Good signing. These are the types of players you can bring in when you have a fantastic coaching staff and great leadership on the roster.

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Champions (Post 14949670)
Good signing. These are the types of players you can bring in when you have a fantastic coaching staff and great leadership on the roster.

Because Mahomes

SuperBowl4 05-02-2020 11:13 PM

TACO GRANDE! http://youtu.be/mX18yNwqnMg

Direckshun 05-02-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14949111)

I like it when my team wins Super Bowls.

My team had to win a Super Bowl despite losing THREE DEs, so we needed that depth from Harris to win.

He’s fantastic against the run, but needs a ton of coaching up for his passrush.

Fortunately, he’s super young.

Direckshun 05-02-2020 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14949136)
You’re beyond ****ing stupid.

First off, like Busby said who the **** gets this upset about a 5th round pick?

Also, it’s easy to see why they drafted him when you go back and look at all the East West Shrine week stuff and watch the game. Dude was unblockable (all week apparently) and looked a lot more like the guy at Central Michigan that could get after QB. The weight gain and late start clearly impacted his performance at Michigan.

If folks can get jacked up about a 5th round pick, it’s equally logical they can be disappointed by it. I trust the coaching staff, but this has all the makings of a Breeland Speaks/Dorian O’Daniel mess.

His tape at Michigan was decent at best.

Direckshun 05-02-2020 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14949144)
You are truly an amazing case.

You've been posting horseshit like this for nearly 15 ****ing years. You create "Mock Drafts" constantly, at the start of the season, mid-season, end season and dozens of offseason versions yet, Good ****ing GOD! you're completely clueless about the NFL, about personnel and just haven't learned a single thing during that time.

If I didn't know better, I'd think you're a troll but sadly, that just isn't the case.

Get a grip, dude, get a ****ing grip.

There’s literally nothing substantial here for me to reply to.

Seek help.

Direckshun 05-02-2020 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14949207)
Don't you think if the Chiefs like Demone Harris and he's worth keeping, they'll find a way to keep him?

If he plays better than Taco Charlton, why wouldn't they keep Harris over Charlton? If Danna is as big of a piece of shit as you think he is and Harris is great, why would they practice squad Harris?

Yes, great players on great teams get cut before the regular season all the time. It's also true that guys whose roster spots were thought to be safe get taken by random training camp invites who just simply played better or showed more potential. It happens all the time. Very rarely do you see coaches (particularly on this staff) go, "We think we have a better chance of winning games if we keep Player X over Player Y, but we DID spend a draft pick on Player Y, sooo.... let's hope Player X makes it through to our practice squad!"

I think Charlton is farther along with his passrush repertoire than Harris is, so I think he’s higher on the totem pole.

If Danna is as underwhelming as I think he is, I still think they cut/trade/squad Harris to make room for him. An NFL roster is not a pure meritocracy— often times teams will keep a draft pick on a roster because he’s a draft pick.

Dunerdr 05-02-2020 11:37 PM

Direkshuns whore mother...?

RunKC 05-03-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14949763)
I like it when my team wins Super Bowls.

My team had to win a Super Bowl despite losing THREE DEs, so we needed that depth from Harris to win.

He’s fantastic against the run, but needs a ton of coaching up for his passrush.

Fortunately, he’s super young.

Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Taco, Harris. That’s pretty damn good at DE.

As for Danna, I think he’s battling Ward for a PS position.

Simply Red 05-03-2020 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 14948356)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ys5j-Z0TXTs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm ****ing horny now!

Chargem 05-03-2020 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 14949857)
I'm ****ing horny now!

I think the signing is a good one and he has lots of untapped potential, but the highlights are a bit underwhelming. They include:

Getting a sack by being completely unblocked on a passing down against the Giants
Alex Smith / Deshaun Watson both getting themselves sacked
Watching a 2nd or 3rd string TE get wrecked for the Chargers.

Was barely able to get a chub from that.

Direckshun 05-03-2020 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14949794)
Clark, Okafor, Kpass, Taco, Harris. That’s pretty damn good at DE.

As for Danna, I think he’s battling Ward for a PS position.

I agree with the first sentence. That’d be a very solid lineup.

I doubt the Chiefs put Danna on the PS. I think it was Veach who said another team wanted Danna, and I think they want to protect their investment.

Daly seems to love him, too. I think he’s a lock for the 53, which puts guys like Speaks and Harris on the outs now that Taco’s in house.

Direckshun 05-03-2020 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14949883)
I think the signing is a good one and he has lots of untapped potential, but the highlights are a bit underwhelming. They include:

Getting a sack by being completely unblocked on a passing down against the Giants
Alex Smith / Deshaun Watson both getting themselves sacked
Watching a 2nd or 3rd string TE get wrecked for the Chargers.

Was barely able to get a chub from that.

It does show that he is perhaps the most athletic DE on the roster with fantastic size. It shows him winning legit passrush reps.

I think it’s a killer signing that has the makings of Ogbah 2.0.