ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2020 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329772)

The Franchise 03-24-2020 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14864641)
I’d just take Queen and be happy that we finally have the 3 down LB that we’ve been missing since DJ left.

Wirfs would be intriguing though.

I wouldn’t rule out a DE either. We would need more pass rush from the outside with Jones gone and Okafor likely gone next year.

Chief Northman 03-24-2020 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14864665)
I wouldn’t rule out a DE either. We would need more pass rush from the outside with Jones gone and Okafor likely gone next year.

Agreed.

Jones, Ogbah, Suggs, X.Williams and maybe Pennel out
That leaves Clark, Okafor, Harris and Kpass left at DE (maybe Speaks)
No doubt an investment would need to be made.

Rain Man 03-24-2020 03:50 PM

A stir arises from the Tampa table as a representative is seen writing on a card.

staylor26 03-24-2020 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14864665)

I certainly wouldn’t hate it if they traded up for Chaisson, but that’s about it in terms of top 15 edge rushers after Young.

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:01 PM

A sudden light appears at the door, and then a massive celestial gate appears.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1170/5...bde944b6_b.jpg

Hoover 03-24-2020 04:03 PM

Tom? Is that you?

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:03 PM

A celestial figure emerges, bathed in a holy light, and he walks to the Tampa table. He picks up the card, looks at it, and nods. He proceeds to the podium.

https://images.fineartamerica.com/im...ears-greco.jpg

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:04 PM

As he looks beatifically over the crowd, Goodell steps to the microphone. "Making the selection for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers is St. Peter!"

Hoover 03-24-2020 04:10 PM

St. Peter is sloooooooow

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:12 PM

St. Peter steps to the microphone. "As the person who is the namesake for St. Petersburg, I'm delighted to be here. I was hanging around at the Marriott planning to pick up Tom Brady soon, so the Buccaneers contacted me and asked if I'd like to announce his replacement."

"In the first round, 14th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon."

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14864767)
St. Peter is sloooooooow

St. Peter would like to see you in his office.

Hoover 03-24-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14864773)
St. Peter steps to the microphone. "As the person who is the namesake for St. Petersburg, I'm delighted to be here. I was hanging around at the Marriott planning to pick up Tom Brady soon, so the Buccaneers contacted me and asked if I'd like to announce his replacement."

"In the first round, 14th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon."

Interesting.

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14864779)
Interesting.

Honestly, we didn't expect him to be available, so we had to fly him in for a quick workout. Since our current quarterback is fossilized, we need a replacement to train.

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:19 PM

St. Peter walks back through the celestial gate, looks back at the crowd, and then definitively slams it shut while pointing at John Elway.

Hoover 03-24-2020 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14864788)
Honestly, we didn't expect him to be available, so we had to fly him in for a quick workout. Since our current quarterback is fossilized, we need a replacement to train.

I think it's a smart pick, but one Brady would probably hate.

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14864794)
I think it's a smart pick, but one Brady would probably hate.

Ah, okay. I was worried that I had missed some obvious news or something. I had good options at a couple of other positions, but in the long term we need a quarterback and he slipped out of the top ten.

Yeah, Brady may not like it, but we in Tampa will be surprised if Brady is still starting at the end of his two-year contract. Brady will start this year, and then next year will be a competition.

chiefscafan 03-24-2020 04:27 PM

If that happens I take Patrick queen or Fulton from LSU not sure either is there at 32

Rain Man 03-24-2020 04:31 PM

St. Peter sends death to notify the Broncos that they're on the clock, and to screw with John Elway.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/86...b68307a99c.jpg

RealSNR 03-24-2020 04:32 PM

LMAO

I knew I wouldn't be disappointed

Marco Polo 03-24-2020 07:28 PM

Horseface is in shock that a player we have rated #5 overall is there for the taking at #15 and as a Chiefs fan, it pains me to get such value at this pick.

The Denver Broncos select Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa.

Rain Man 03-24-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 14865351)
Horseface is in shock that a player we have rated #5 overall is there for the taking at #15 and as a Chiefs fan, it pains me to get such value at this pick.

The Denver Broncos select Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa.

He was all lined up to be a Buccaneer, but when it came down to it we figured a long term QB was more valuable. But Tom Brady is really mad about this given that he's going to get pounded into the turf a hundred times this year while he's training the new guy.

BossChief 03-24-2020 07:52 PM

The Atlanta Falcons select Patrick Queen, LB, LSU.

Perfect fit of a player to lead that defense.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-24-2020 08:07 PM

I absolutely hate to be this guy, but some rough personal shit hit me just today and I know I’m not going to truly be “in” this draft the way you all deserve... if anyone would like to pick up the Cardinals and Saints, please do so. I know Arizona doesn’t pick again until R3, so it’s not a super heavy amount...

I’ll keep tabs. I’m sorry guys.

TambaBerry 03-24-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14865530)
I absolutely hate to be this guy, but some rough personal shit hit me just today and I know I’m not going to truly be “in” this draft the way you all deserve... if anyone would like to pick up the Cardinals and Saints, please do so. I know Arizona doesn’t pick again until R3, so it’s not a super heavy amount...

Bro hopefully you're ok

RealSNR 03-24-2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Life comes first, dude. If this shit you're dealing with blows over, you're welcome to have both teams back.

Good luck and take it easy.

Chief Northman 03-24-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Thinking of you pugs. Stay strong.

KurtCobain 03-24-2020 08:39 PM

Pugs, I love you bro.

Sfeihc 03-24-2020 08:48 PM

All the best, pugs. We got you.

RealSNR 03-24-2020 08:49 PM

Kurt gets the Saints unless somebody else wants to draft for them, in which case I'll ask him to share and play nice with everybody.

Somebody can also take the Cardinals on if they wish.

Sfeihc 03-24-2020 09:02 PM

I can help wherever needed.

chiefscafan 03-24-2020 11:49 PM

The Dallas Cowboys select Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU

Since Byron Jones signed with Miami they need a CB. Fulton is in the class such as Patrick Peterson, Jamal Adams and Tyran Matheiu the greats from DB U LSU. Great coverage CB.

Hoover 03-25-2020 03:50 AM

The Miami Dolphins select K’Lavon Chassion, EDGE, LSU

This is a steal IMO. Brian Flores would LOVE to have talent like Chassion on that Dolphins defense.

KurtCobain 03-25-2020 07:37 AM

Sexy pick.

Hoover 03-25-2020 08:01 AM

Miami could put together one hell of a defense really quickly.

RunKC 03-25-2020 08:04 AM

Raiders secondary was a bunch of smashed assholes last year and it killed them. They are starting to build what looks like a capable secondary with Mullen and Abram, but against the Chiefs it’s not good enough.

The Las Vegas Raiders select CJ Henderson CB Florida

Hoover 03-25-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14866274)
Raiders secondary was a bunch of smashed assholes last year and it killed them. They are starting to build what looks like a capable secondary with Mullen and Abram, but against the Chiefs it’s not good enough.

The Las Vegas Raiders select CJ Henderson CB Florida

NEVERMIND

staylor26 03-25-2020 08:52 AM

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

After trading Bouye and Ramsey, the Jags are paper thin at CB. There’s another player I’d have as pure BPA here, but Gladney is close enough to justify filling a huge need here. The Jags need a day 1 starting corner and they get that in Gladney.

Hoover 03-25-2020 08:58 AM

The Philadelphia Eagles select, Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

RealSNR 03-25-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14866385)

Try again

staylor26 03-25-2020 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14866385)

He was picked already. 13th.

Hoover 03-25-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14866393)
He was picked already. 13th.

LOL Wow, missed that on my spread sheet.

Hoover 03-25-2020 09:07 AM

The Philadelphia Eagles select, Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU

My apologies on the screw up.

KurtCobain 03-25-2020 09:26 AM

I forgive you.

RunKC 03-25-2020 09:50 AM

The Vikings cut Xavier Rhodes bc he’s not good anymore, Trae Wayne’s was forced to be let go due to money and Mackenzie Alexander was let go. All that’s left is former first rd pick Mike Hughes and a bunch of meh, so needless to say this is the easiest pick in the first rd.

There’s a run on corners and Trevon Diggs is off their board bc his brother likely told him not to go to that Kirk Cousins infested shit hole.

Vikings end up taking the best corner on the board here, which is actually solid value.

The Vikings select AJ Terrell CB Clemson

Marco Polo 03-25-2020 10:19 AM

The Patriots first draft pick in the post-Brady era. Most people expect them to pick up a QB1 at this slot, but all bets are off trying to figure out what the enigmatic head coach will do.

The New England Patriots select A.J. Epenesa, EDGE, Iowa.

Chief Northman 03-25-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 14866617)
The Patriots first draft pick in the post-Brady era. Most people expect them to pick up a QB1 at this slot, but all bets are off trying to figure out what the enigmatic head coach will do.

Good pick. Epenesa screams Patriot profile.

KurtCobain 03-25-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 14866617)

Damnit! Good pick. Was hoping he'd fall to Seattle.

The Saints have found their heir to the throne. It's not Bridgewater and it's not that FB that thinks he can start at Quarterback.

The Saints select Jacob Eason QB Washington

I think whatever team this kid goes to, if he can sit and watch for a year like Mahomes did he can end up being a top 5 quarterback in this league. This is a great fit IMO.

Marco Polo 03-25-2020 11:20 AM

I admit that I'm biased toward Iowa players, but dammit if they aren't a good fit with the two that I drafted in the first round.

Marco Polo 03-25-2020 11:20 AM

Interesting that Eason went before Love!

RunKC 03-25-2020 12:29 PM

Vikings select Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn State

Hoover 03-25-2020 12:34 PM

The Miami Dolphins Select, Josh Jones, OT, Houston

Big ole OT with good feet. Plenty of college experience all at LT, needs to clean some things up. But who doesn't?

Would love to go a couple different directions, but this is the right pick IMO.

staylor26 03-25-2020 01:13 PM

This draft is pretty much worst case scenario for the Chiefs so far, especially if the next few picks go the way I think they will.

Hoover 03-25-2020 01:20 PM

Thats why they need to draft best player available.

staylor26 03-25-2020 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14867038)
Thats why they need to draft best player available.

Absolutely

Rain Man 03-25-2020 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14867015)
This draft is pretty much worst case scenario for the Chiefs so far, especially if the next few picks go the way I think they will.

(Dismissive wave.) I got this.

RunKC 03-25-2020 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 14867038)
Thats why they need to draft best player available after trading down and accumulating more picks

Fixed

Hoover 03-25-2020 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14867127)
Fixed

LOL - maybe. Depends who is there.

Plenty of CBs to consider. Hell I may be tempted by a Safety...
I'd grab IOL but at this point you have to hope they make it to you.

RunKC 03-25-2020 02:01 PM

I think it’s a good spot for us. There will be plenty of good corners, receivers and IOL for us to choose from.

Would also get our pick of the 2nd wave LB’s. We get our top rated player for a serious position of need.

staylor26 03-25-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14867127)
Fixed

Yea the problem is the 49ers and Seahawks will probably be trying to do the same thing.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 02:50 PM

I'm considering a situational quarterback for situations where we want to run a quarterback sneak. There are some good ones out there.

DJ's left nut 03-25-2020 03:01 PM

Quote:

That's how this thing goes every year.

CP members do the most homework on guys they think the Chiefs should grab and so those guys rocket up draft boards.

They spend a month convincing themselves that Amani Oruwariye is a fine fall-back position for the Chiefs and he ends up going 36th overall in the CP Mock then falling to the 5th in real life.

I did it with Omenihu last year knowing full well I was making a mistake.

CP pillages our own draft board big-time through the first 3 rounds or so before it tapers off at the end.

Drafting for the Chiefs in this thing actually kinda sucks.

The Franchise 03-25-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14867298)

CP members do the most homework on guys they think the Chiefs should grab and so those guys rocket up draft boards.

They spend a month convincing themselves that Amani Oruwariye is a fine fall-back position for the Chiefs and he ends up going 36th overall in the CP Mock then falling to the 5th in real life.

CP pillages our own draft board big-time through the first 3 rounds or so before it tapers off at the end.

Yep. That and QBs ALWAYS go higher than they should. Teams that wouldn’t take a QB will in this draft because the GM either doesn’t like the QB they have or they feel that they need to get a replacement.

Chargem 03-25-2020 03:16 PM

Quote:

But all the running backs are still there!

(I am joking)

staylor26 03-25-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Great point. That’s pretty much the same thing I did with Gladney, but with Fulton and Henderson off the board already I knew I had to reach a little if I wanted the Jags to come away with a day 1 starter. Good for me and the Jags, they have a shit ton of picks, so I can afford to do that and fill their top need.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 03:26 PM

Okay, I need six guys on my draft board at this juncture. (Looks at list.) I'm hoping a couple of guys slide down to me.

Chief Northman 03-25-2020 03:34 PM

Did Kurt Cobain OD again?

He was lurking this morning/just before lunch....

RealSNR 03-25-2020 04:16 PM

I don't see all that many ridiculous picks or reaches that would push certain players down, though.

Maybe the actual Bucs wouldn't take a QB so that their crybaby pedophile doesn't throw a hissy fit, but it's hard for me to see Justin Herbert falling that far in the draft. And to be quite honest, I think he's going to be gone before Tampa's pick anyway. Everybody else is actually a reasonable possibility. Usually pass rushers and DL are at much more of a premium, but that's not really the position of depth this year.

If the board doesn't look favorable for the Chiefs in this mock, it's hard for me to see it lining up nicely for them in the real draft.

RunKC 03-25-2020 04:17 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately this is gonna happen to teams in the draft due to our current situation. Best hope your scouts are as worth their salt because visits, additional health screenings and private visits are all scrapped.

I don’t buy the GM’s excuse for pushing the draft back due to COVD19 forcing facility shutdowns. They could easily make something work with VPN connection, even if it’s in a hotel, private restaraunt, event center or even somebody’s house.

Nothing like this has happened so quickly and I’d bet many teams are not ready.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14867576)
I don't see all that many ridiculous picks or reaches that would push certain players down, though.

Maybe the actual Bucs wouldn't take a QB so that their crybaby pedophile doesn't throw a hissy fit, but it's hard for me to see Justin Herbert falling that far in the draft. And to be quite honest, I think he's going to be gone before Tampa's pick anyway. Everybody else is actually a reasonable possibility. Usually pass rushers and DL are at much more of a premium, but that's not really the position of depth this year.

If the board doesn't look favorable for the Chiefs in this mock, it's hard for me to see it lining up nicely for them in the real draft.

Yeah, I was planning to take Wirfs for the Buccaneers, but then I thought, come on. My starting quarterback will be 43 years old when the season starts, and I've got a chance to take a quarterback that I expected to go in the top ten. As a GM, I've got to do that. Even if Brady thinks he can play for five more years, I don't think he can, and in fact I think the wheels are already falling off of him.

In real life, the Bucs may have had a deal with Tom that they wouldn't take a QB, but they also wouldn't expect one of the top three quarterbacks to fall to them.

RealSNR 03-25-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14867592)
Yeah, I was planning to take Wirfs for the Buccaneers, but then I thought, come on. My starting quarterback will be 43 years old when the season starts, and I've got a chance to take a quarterback that I expected to go in the top ten. As a GM, I've got to do that. Even if Brady thinks he can play for five more years, I don't think he can, and in fact I think the wheels are already falling off of him.

In real life, the Bucs may have had a deal with Tom that they wouldn't take a QB, but they also wouldn't expect one of the top three quarterbacks to fall to them.

You're talking to the guy who drafted Geno Smith at #1 overall even after the Chiefs had traded for Alex Smith. You don't have to justify picking a QB in the CP mock to me.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14867597)
You're talking to the guy who drafted Geno Smith at #1 overall even after the Chiefs had traded for Alex Smith. You don't have to justify picking a QB in the CP mock to me.

I think history will end up viewing that as a good move once Geno learns the system.

Rain Man 03-25-2020 07:11 PM

It's probably not the first time someone has said this, but maybe someone should go check on Kurt Cobain.

staylor26 03-25-2020 07:43 PM

After taking a longer look it’s better than I thought. There are exactly 3 guys on my board for 32, 2 of which will probably be gone. After that there are another 2-3 guys I’m alright with taking at 32, but would prefer to trade down.

Kind of goes to show you that while a trade down is difficult, there aren’t many scenarios where there’s not going to be a guy you’d be happy with at 32 ( at least for me).

I think we’re going to be stuck at 32 taking BPA, which isn’t so bad.

KurtCobain 03-25-2020 07:45 PM

Sorry guys been a crazy day give me 20 minutes.

KurtCobain 03-25-2020 07:56 PM

As a guy that came up and then died in Seattle it is my honor to introduce the Seattle Seahawks 2020 first round pick.

Terrell Lewis, EDGE, Alabama

Chief Northman 03-25-2020 08:03 PM

The Ravens are ecstatic that one of their targeted players is still on the board at this point, as it fills their number one need on defense.

With the 28th pick, the Baltimore Ravens select: Kenneth Murray- ILB - Oklahoma

Sfeihc 03-25-2020 08:07 PM

That made my pick easy.

The Tennessee Titans select Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU .

Losing Casey hurts. This will help ease the pain.

RealSNR 03-25-2020 09:48 PM

Getting REEEALLY tired of drafting phenomenal weapons for Rodgers year after year in the 1st and 2nd rounds only for the Packers to give me a giant middle finger and go after the unsexy positions. How's that going for you, Green Bay? You're satisfied with your work? Everything was gravy last year with that Lizard guy, eh? And the dude named Alison as the #2 was totally awesome, wasn't it? Maybe I should draft a WR named Sarah to line up in the slot!

Well, I'm not going to do that. But I AM going to shoot for the moon and take this boom/bust guy.

The Green Bay Packers select Laviska Shenault Jr., WR, Colorado

Rain Man 03-25-2020 11:03 PM

(Oh, god. It's coming up. The pick is coming up. The Chiefs are Super Bowl champions. I can't do this. Why did I agree to do this? This is crazy. I'm not a draft expert. I'm just a guy. People will make fun of my pick and wonder if I've ever watched a football game. They'll call me Mel Kiper or something. Why am I doing this? I don't need this pressure. I can make a safe pick, I guess, but what's a safe pick? People are all over the board with who they want. And it's the 32nd pick. It's the lowest first-round pick the Chiefs have ever had. It's hard to find a superstar with the 32nd pick. And three years ago that guy had the 27th pick and he picked Patrick Mahomes. At 27! Not even at 10. At 27! I can't compete with that. Maybe I should go hide for a while. Someone else will make the pick and then I can pretend that I forgot. Yeah, maybe I can do that. But no. That's not the Chief way of doing things. Patrick Mahomes is on my team. I can't let him down. I'll make the pick. I'll pick someone really good. I can do this. I can succeed. I can make the Super Bowl champions even better. I've got this. I don't care if people ridicule me. I know in my heart how best to help the Chiefs, and I'll do it regardless of skepticism. That's how Brett Veach does it. I'll channel my inner Brett Veach, and I'll make a bold move and it'll pay off. Why? Because Chiefs, that's why.

Bring this pick on.)

Direckshun 03-25-2020 11:10 PM

The 49ers draft OG/C Cesar Ruiz, Michigan.