ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 10:32 AM

Ferrell, Hock and Bush all coming off stung.

But I never expected Hock to fall because there's been too much chatter on the board about him. I really thought Ferrell might, though. And I couldn't have convinced myself to take Bush because O.City is an asshole.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 10:35 AM

But man, there are some nightmare scenarios unfolding here. I sure hope some teams are higher on the WR options than they're being viewed in this draft. N'Keal Henry would've surely gone off the board by now and I honestly wonder if Butler would've as well.

O.city 03-19-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168050)
Ferrell, Hock and Bush all coming off stung.

But I never expected Hock to fall because there's been too much chatter on the board about him. I really thought Ferrell might, though. And I couldn't have convinced myself to take Bush because O.City is an asshole.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/2BksXCPD3bSyQ" width="480" height="365" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/90s-no-2BksXCPD3bSyQ">via GIPHY</a></p>

O.city 03-19-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168066)
But man, there are some nightmare scenarios unfolding here. I sure hope some teams are higher on the WR options than they're being viewed in this draft. N'Keal Henry would've surely gone off the board by now and I honestly wonder if Butler would've as well.

I had thought about this kind of scenario playing out this morning in the real draft, what the Chiefs would do.

I know you hate trading out of the first, but shit, what the hell can you do?

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

you know what to do lock up that one position

The Franchise 03-19-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

The CP Mock Draft is always an interesting vehicle because you may not be drafting for the Chiefs....but you're letting players fall in the back of your mind in hopes that they'll be there for the Chiefs. A good majority of GMs are stupid.

staylor26 03-19-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14168073)
you know what to do lock up that one position

Yup, I think I know who you’re referring to.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14168072)
I had thought about this kind of scenario playing out this morning in the real draft, what the Chiefs would do.

I know you hate trading out of the first, but shit, what the hell can you do?

The exact opposite.

When Ferrell and Hockenson were sitting there at 17, I'd have been on the horn with the Giants, Vikings and Titans to get up there and get my guy.

The answer is not to sit back and let the board fist you. I even almost made a post this morning after SNR took Williams that the Chiefs are furiously working the phones looking to secure their man.

I hate sitting back at the end of the 1st. If you don't like the lay of the land, fight on better ground. Move up and get your guy.

O.city 03-19-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168183)
The exact opposite.

When Ferrell and Hockenson were sitting there at 17, I'd have been on the horn with the Giants, Vikings and Titans to get up there and get my guy.

The answer is not to sit back and let the board fist you. I even almost made a post this morning after SNR took Williams that the Chiefs are furiously working the phones looking to secure their man.

I hate sitting back at the end of the 1st. If you don't like the lay of the land, fight on better ground. Move up and get your guy.

I don't want to sacrifice those picks to move up for a guy. I'm not doing it.

It works for a QB. Otherwise, it just doesn't seem to work out.

The Franchise 03-19-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168183)
The exact opposite.

What are you willing to give up? A 2nd this year and a 2nd next year?

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14168189)

Shouldn't have to.

To get up to 18 one of our 2nds should do it.

If you could give up 29 and 61 to get up there and grab Ferrell, I'd do that every time.

That's perhaps a little too aggressive for a luxury/vanity pick in Hockenson, but for Ferrell I'd do that without blinking.

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14168189)

our 3rd this year and that 49ers 2nd next year should do it

The Franchise 03-19-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14168205)
Shouldn't have to.

To get up to 18 one of our 2nds should do it.

If you could give up 29 and 61 to get up there and grab Ferrell, I'd do that every time.

That's perhaps a little too aggressive for a luxury/vanity pick in Hockenson, but for Ferrell I'd do that without blinking.

For Ferrell.....I'd be ok with 29 and 61.

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 11:14 AM

Packers receive:
» 2018 first-round pick (No. 18) -- Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville
» 2018 seventh-round pick (No. 248) -- Kendall Donnerson, LB, Southeast Missouri

Seahawks receive:
» 2018 first-round pick (No. 27) -- Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
» 2018 third-round pick (No. 76) -- traded to Pittsburgh
» 2018 sixth-round pick (No. 186) -- Jacob Martin, DE, Temple

this is the closest i could find

The Franchise 03-19-2019 11:18 AM

I'd give up the 2020 pick from the Ford trade to move up to the 18-20 range for Ferrell....if they'd take it.

Chief Northman 03-19-2019 02:15 PM

Marco?

Polo?

pugsnotdrugs19 03-19-2019 03:12 PM

Idk if it’s been tried before, but y’all should allow trades for the first round or two at least... just operate as if you were the true GM and make sensible trades that benefit your vision for that respective team.

But I’d say they have to make trades prior to 30 minutes after being ‘on the clock’ with their pick...

Rain Man 03-19-2019 03:13 PM

Chicago is unhappy about losing our first round pick, but at least we get to sleep in late on draft day.

Rain Man 03-19-2019 03:16 PM

I just noticed that Cincinnati has five picks in the sixth round. We're going to take every punter off the board.

Marco Polo 03-19-2019 04:02 PM

The Raiders continue to upgrade their defense and get someone with potential that could be one of the top cornerbacks in the league in three years and has the flexibility to move in the slot or stay outside and is arguably the top CB in the draft.

As a Chiefs fan, I'm not liking the Raiders draft so far for the same reason I'm loving it as a Raiders mock GM:

The Oakland Raiders select Byron Murphy, CB, Washington.

RealSNR 03-19-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14168847)
Idk if it’s been tried before, but y’all should allow trades for the first round or two at least... just operate as if you were the true GM and make sensible trades that benefit your vision for that respective team.

But I’d say they have to make trades prior to 30 minutes after being ‘on the clock’ with their pick...

Pest and I are already herding a bunch of reerun cats doing it the normal way. If we allow trades, somebody else can take my place in helping to run this damn thing. I’ll go back to being a full time participant

Chief Northman 03-19-2019 04:47 PM

The Eagles could go a variety of directions here. Depth can be added at Edge, and Safety on defense. The running back by committee approach may also be challenged as Jay Ajayi was supposed to be a feature back when traded for, but injuries erased that.
The Eagles look at the position depth on the board, and feel that some of the needs mentioned here can wait.

The Philadelphia Eagles select Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

Jason Peters is on his last legs, and in the meantime, Dillard, regarded as the best pure pass blocker in this class can kick inside at RG, and also act as the swing tackle while he waits to become the anointed LT of the future.

staylor26 is up....

The Franchise 03-19-2019 04:51 PM

Second round order is up. Let me know if you see any errors.

staylor26 03-19-2019 04:56 PM

Well, my target went off the board a pick before the last one :cuss:

So I have to **** the Chiefs here, sorry DJ.

The Indianapolis Colts select Nasir Adderley, S, Delaware

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 05:09 PM

Christ. On. A. Cracker.

You ****ers do this on a dare? What a bloodbath. I had about 8 guys I'd have happily taken 10 picks ago. I have one now before I go sifting through the 'well **** me naked' cards...

If this shit happens and Veach ****ing sits there while everything goes to hell, I'll be so far north of pissed.

Side note, at best I'll be able to phone post a pick from here forward so anyone looking for in-depth analysis on my pick tonight will have to wait until tomorrow or just otherwise be disappointed...

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 05:13 PM

I had even talked myself into Dillard. Schwartz and Fisher aren't tenable long-term and Schwartz is getting older. A switch to RT for Fisher may be perfect for him in our pass-happy scheme and Dillard could slide in seamlessly to LT after an apprenticeship.

And that kind of heavy rationalization STILL had him on my now deceased list of 8. My bar was pretty makeable and it's still slaughtered. "Oh well, nothing great but a high ceiling LT is nice..." and that's still dead.

Picking for the Chiefs is hard and you guys are all assholes. Especially the guy that took Ferrell.

The Franchise 03-19-2019 05:14 PM

I think I may have a clue of you're going to pick at 29 now. I could be completely ****ing wrong though.

staylor26 03-19-2019 05:14 PM

It really is just a brutal outcome LMAO

Thank god the real draft usually looks much different

staylor26 03-19-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14169151)
I think I may have a clue of you're going to pick at 29 now. I could be completely ****ing wrong though.

I think I know who you’re thinking

The Franchise 03-19-2019 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14169153)
It really is just a brutal outcome LMAO

Thank god the real draft usually looks much different

If it falls like how it has.....I'd offer up #29, our 2020 2nd from the 49ers and a late round pick for #18 and Trae Waynes from the Vikings.

CoMoChief 03-19-2019 06:44 PM

Really hope for the Chiefs sake, the board doesn't end up falling like this in real life, lmao.

Chiefs would probably be wise to try and trade down if they can.

Would Jaylon Ferguson, Amani Oruwariye or Charles Omenihu (sp?) be considered a reach at #29?

Chief Northman 03-19-2019 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14169283)
Really hope for the Chiefs sake, the board doesn't end up falling like this in real life, lmao.

Would Jaylon Ferguson, Amani Oruwariye or Charles Omenihu (sp?) be considered a reach at #29?

Of the three, I think Oruwariye would be closest in meriting a late 1st round selection.

RealSNR 03-19-2019 07:24 PM

Picking for the Chiefs in this mock isn't always as glamorous as it looks

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 07:33 PM

there is one guy on the board still that i would love the chiefs to take

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 07:34 PM

There will be more te, ol, wr taken in the real draft before us

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 07:35 PM

i doubt adderley is the first safety off the board

Chief Northman 03-19-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14169380)
i doubt adderley is the first safety off the board

Are you alluding to Thompson or Thornhill?

Thompson is dropping like a rock from all accounts, while Thornhill’s combine performance likely gave him a boost.

TambaBerry 03-19-2019 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14169404)
Are you alluding to Thompson or Thornhill?

Thompson is dropping like a rock from all accounts, while Thornhill’s combine performance likely gave him a boost.

I don't want to talk prospects until they get taken

RealSNR 03-19-2019 08:05 PM

Yeah... kind of an unspoken rule around here. You're free to talk any prospect at any time, but if it's about dudes and where you think they'll be taken (both in the draft and specific teams) then put your comment in a spoiler tag.

DJ's left nut 03-19-2019 08:07 PM

Yeah, we don't table talk until they're taken, lads.

Even O.City is better than that...

kccrow 03-19-2019 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14169283)

See inside the spoiler... because the whiny bitches. :P
Spoiler!

RunKC 03-19-2019 08:50 PM

There’s a really good talent on the board for us, DJ.

Spoiler!

Mother****erJones 03-19-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14143428)
No way Joejuan goes R1, not after running slow at the combine especially

He ran fine for his size.

Willie Lanier 03-19-2019 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14169431)
See inside the spoiler... because the whiny bitches. :P
Spoiler!

Really? You see oruwariye as a borderline 1st kind of guy?

I like his upside a lot, but I can understand your reasoning for trepidation...

This entire draft class has been nearly impossible to grade for me; there's a lot of talented players with high bust potential and sizable amout of overachievers with limited ceilings

RealSNR 03-20-2019 05:33 AM

I hate to do it in the first round like this, but technically it's been 12 hours.

Sfeihc PM'd me his next pick, so I'll give Marco Polo some time to wake up. Will get this thing back on track probably around 9 or so if he doesn't show up by then.

RealSNR 03-20-2019 08:08 AM

Mike Mayock recalls the time he saw Denny Green and company for Minnesota deliberately drop a few spots in the 1st round to select Kevin Williams just to save cap space on their 1st round pick. In doing so, that inadvertently gives Jon Gruden an idea. Mark Davis, being as poor as he is, loves this plan, too. We (or Adam Schefter) will keep you updated the instant we learn the Raiders decide to actually make their pick.

In the meantime, the Los Diego Soccer Stadium Chargers are on the clock, and are about to make their selection. Nobody cheers or boos because nobody cares about them.

The Los Angeles Chargers select Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

Hoover 03-20-2019 08:10 AM

Chiefs look rattled. Andy Reid has BBQ sauce on his fingers as the team goes on the clock!

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:17 AM

The paramedics finally kick the door in to the Chiefs draft room, expecting to find the body of Brett Veach after calls have gone un-returned through the entire draft.

Instead they find only a hungover GM and a slew of empty liquor bottles. After waiving smelling salts and fresh coffee under his nose, he mumbles....

"Goddammit Tyreek...stop sticking your dick in cra...what, what? Where am I?"

Reid: "You're in Nasvhille and we're on the clock..."

"****!"

Veach runs into the draftroom and looks at his draft board.

".........."
{lights self on fire, runs screaming from room, Reid chases}

Spags picks up a pen and a notecard. Bienemy does the same. Both furiously scribbling they run towards the podium to drop it off. Their feet get tangled and two cards fly through the air, one flutters hopelessly to the ground, the other lands at the feet of a thoroughly confused NFL commissioner.

Goodell picks up the card at his feet and makes the announcement.

"With the 29th pick in the NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select..."

Garrett Bradbury, C - NC State

And nobody smiles.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:22 AM

I wouldn't be upset with it.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 08:24 AM

WHAT THE **** IS THAT SHIT PICK

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:24 AM

Guys, I hate to do this to any of you but he's the last genuinely standout talent left on the board regardless of position. I'd considered Simmons because he's probably the best pure talent but let's be honest - this organization is not going to take Simmons right now.

And there are a couple other guys I considered who I may discuss if/when they get taken. But ultimately they ended up in the same tier of pretty solid mid-second round prospects who probably aren't quite to the level of genuinely excellent possible players. They're guys I don't expect to have a shot at in the 2nd and would've taken in the 1st if I had to (would've tiered by need at that point), but they aren't truly standout on their own.

Bradbury is the best C prospect in this draft. And he's a guy that can develop an excellent rapport with our franchise QB for the next 5 years. He's a potential 1st year Pro Bowl player and there's nothing sexy about the pick, but it makes some sense given the depth at other critical positions.

C is getting damn expensive in FA now so the positional value is starting to come into play a little bit. And with more teams looking to push the middle of the pocket than ever, not to mention the necessity of the quick passing game, keeping guys from blowing up the center of your line is more critical than ever.

I would've literally hung my head and shuffled my feet as I made this pick. I don't like anything about doing it. But from a purely utilitarian standpoint, it is the pick to make.

I apologize to Chiefs nation and will go pour my bowl of anti-freeze now.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-20-2019 08:27 AM

Given the board, I’d be just fine with that pick. Protecting Mahomes is never a bad idea.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170060)
Guys, I hate to do this to any of you but he's the last genuinely standout talent left on the board regardless of position. I'd considered Simmons because he's probably the best pure talent but let's be honest - this organization is not going to take Simmons right now.

And there are a couple other guys I considered who I may discuss if/when they get taken. But ultimately they ended up in the same tier of pretty solid mid-round prospects who probably aren't quite to the level of genuinely excellent possible players.

Bradbury is the best C prospect in this draft. And he's a guy that can develop an excellent rapport with our franchise QB for the next 5 years. He's a potential 1st year Pro Bowl player and there's nothing sexy about the pick, but it makes some sense given the depth at other critical positions.

C is getting damn expensive in FA now so the positional value is starting to come into play a little bit. And with more teams looking to push the middle of the pocket than ever, not to mention the necessity of the quick passing game, keeping guys from blowing up the center of your line is more critical than ever.

I would've literally hung my head and shuffled my feet as I made this pick. I don't like anything about doing it. But from a purely utilitarian standpoint, it is the pick to make.

I apologize to Chiefs nation and will go pour my bowl of anti-freeze now.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/31lPv5L3aIvTi" width="480" height="364" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/friends-excited-31lPv5L3aIvTi">via GIPHY</a></p>

It's not sexy, but you've got sexy under center. You need nasty now.

The thing with Mahomes is that as his pocket ability gets more refined, I think tackles will become less important. He can move up and around in the pocket if the tackles aren't pristine. He can't do much if the center is getting blown out.

At the end of the first rounds, you aren't going to get blue chip guys at the top positions. But when you can get one at any spot there, you do it.

KC_Lee 03-20-2019 08:29 AM

With finally having a sexy pick in PMII an un-sexy OL pick is fine. Just keep Veech away from lower Broadway in Nashville and we'll be fine.

CoMoChief 03-20-2019 08:32 AM

jfc thats a terrible pick

O.city 03-20-2019 08:35 AM

Everyone wants sexy, but when your qb is getting his dick knocked in we want OL.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 08:36 AM

Not the guy that staylor26 and I had discussed but I could see it happening and I think I’m good with it.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170094)
Not the guy that staylor26 and I had discussed but I could see it happening and I think I’m good with it.

I'll give you my Spags pick when it goes off the board. I almost went that route anyway and fully expected to last night. Had Marco made his pick and not left the possibility of me getting sniped out there, I might've spent another 10 minutes and changed my mind again.

I'll give my my other offensive pick as well when he goes. That one would've been even harder to defend but doable.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170090)
Everyone wants sexy, but when your qb is getting his dick knocked in we want OL.

Mahomes can make due with average Tackle play but man there's just so much that can go wrong when your interior line gets detonated. And if necessary, Bradbury can slide to G in a pinch. With LDT's health history and Erving being shitty, a little versatility on the interior can't hurt either.

I think people attribute a lot of our offense's steady productivity post-Hunt to Williams being a solid replacement and there's a little truth to that. But that's also right around the time we got Morse back and he's just so damn good in pass pro that I think he was a HUGE part of Mahomes ability to keep the offensive thriving even after Hunt was gone.

We'd have really seen a drop-off with Williams back there had Morse not also returned to boost our pass-pro at around the same time. With Bradbury stepping in over the fringe/average work of Reiter, we don't have to worry about that.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 08:47 AM

I was just playing the outraged fan role is all

O.city 03-20-2019 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170102)
Mahomes can make due with average Tackle play but man there's just so much that can go wrong when your interior line gets detonated. And if necessary, Bradbury can slide to G in a pinch. With LDT's health history and Erving being shitty, a little versatility on the interior can't hurt either.

I think people attribute a lot of our offense's steady productivity post-Hunt to Williams being a solid replacement and there's a little truth to that. But that's also right around the time we got Morse back and he's just so damn good in pass pro that I think he was a HUGE part of Mahomes ability to keep the offensive thriving even after Hunt was gone.

We'd have really seen a drop-off with Williams back there had Morse not also returned to boost our pass-pro at around the same time. With Bradbury stepping in over the fringe/average work of Reiter, we don't have to worry about that.

Yes, I made a post similar to this before you did, so I win.

But on a serious note, I agree. Everyone is gonna freak out about it, but I wouldn't be upset if 2 of those first 3 picks were offensive.

If you could get Bradburry and a Rb with an edge rusher in the first 3 picks, i'd be fine with it. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

Probably wait til 3 for a RB and take a corner with the 2nd.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 08:49 AM

Trade back at that point if that’s how it fell (I know y’all aren’t doing trades). Bradbury is a terrific pick I just hate it

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170113)
Yes, I made a post similar to this before you did, so I win.

But on a serious note, I agree. Everyone is gonna freak out about it, but I wouldn't be upset if 2 of those first 3 picks were offensive.

If you could get Bradburry and a Rb with an edge rusher in the first 3 picks, i'd be fine with it. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

Probably wait til 3 for a RB and take a corner with the 2nd.

And I think people are just sleeping on the CB depth in this draft. There are guys who's names I've NEVER heard on this board that I think should be in third round consideration.

CB is so deep. There isn't a day 1 stud in all likelihood, but there are a few guys that can come in and play credibly right away as well as guys with stud tools who COULD be elite in a year or two.

And maybe the 1st is when you take one of those because you get the extra 'redshirt' season from them. I'd listen to the argument that you should take a raw corner with huge skills here and hope to have him ready to rock by next season to replace Fuller or Breeland then get 4 quality seasons before you have to pay for him.

But I think we had a better combination of immediate playability, long-term potential and short/long term need in Bradbury.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170124)
And I think people are just sleeping on the CB depth in this draft. There are guys who's names I've NEVER heard on this board that I think should be in third round consideration.

CB is so deep. There isn't a day 1 stud in all likelihood, but there are a few guys that can come in and play credibly right away as well as guys with stud tools who COULD be elite in a year or two.

And maybe the 1st is when you take one of those because you get the extra 'redshirt' season from them. I'd listen to the argument that you should take a raw corner with huge skills here and hope to have him ready to rock by next season to replace Fuller or Breeland then get 4 quality seasons before you have to pay for him.

But I think we had a better combination of immediate playability, long-term potential and short/long term need in Bradbury.

That's one of the hopeful benefits of Bradbury. You aren't getting that type of player at Corner or Safety year one. It's unlikely atleast.

The thing with corner/safety is you could get a guy like Long from Michigan who's a sparq hardon waiting to happen in round 2 and he develops into Chris Harris or Thornhill who's Byron Jones in year 2.

It's not sexy, but it doesn't have to be. Picking at the end of round 1, people need to get over sexy.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170115)
Trade back at that point if that’s how it fell (I know y’all aren’t doing trades). Bradbury is a terrific pick I just hate it

Nah, I'd still stay put. Nobody is ever willing to give up what I'd require to leave the 1st. I put a disproportionate amount of value on the 5th year option, especially the cheap ones at the back of the 1st (and especially when you'll have that option in a year AFTER the new CBA when player value could have absolutely exploded).

There is one contingency that I'll speak to when it's gone that could put a bit of a wrinkle in this draft. I suspect I won't have to wait long to unveil it, but it's one that MIGHT be able to get me that extra 2nd that I'd demand in order to move out. If I could make that trade down for this team's 2nd, next year's 2nd and a 4th this season, I might do it.

O.city 03-20-2019 08:58 AM

Bradbury is a pick every would hate at the time, but in 2 years when he's an all pro we'd love it.

I get it, it sucks from an excitement standpoint but you had your fill of excitement in 2017. Batton down the hatches and lets build

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170131)
Nah, I'd still stay put. Nobody is ever willing to give up what I'd require to leave the 1st. I put a disproportionate amount of value on the 5th year option, especially the cheap ones at the back of the 1st (and especially when you'll have that option in a year AFTER the new CBA when player value could have absolutely exploded).

There is one contingency that I'll speak to when it's gone that could put a bit of a wrinkle in this draft. I suspect I won't have to wait long to unveil it, but it's one that MIGHT be able to get me that extra 2nd that I'd demand in order to move out. If I could make that trade down for this team's 2nd, next year's 2nd and a 4th this season, I might do it.

That’s where I’m at. If it’s the right trade down. I’m not saying trade to trade. I do love the 5th year option. KC sure could use it if they stayed and picked Jones.

TambaBerry 03-20-2019 09:10 AM

in real life I dont think he would even be there with our pick

RunKC 03-20-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170102)

It’s like people forget about Aaron Donald ruining our interior line or New England in the first half.

It’s really not a bad pick at all. Teams are trying to get pressure in the A gap as much as possible these days. Having someone like Bradbury makes that a whole hell of a lot easier on Mahomes.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 09:35 AM

The way that Veach attacked this offseason....he's either preparing to trade up and get the player that he wants in the 1st round (DE) or he's fine with taking the BPA available at 29....even if it's an offensive player.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170186)
The way that Veach attacked this offseason....he's either preparing to trade up and get the player that he wants in the 1st round (DE) or he's fine with taking the BPA available at 29....even if it's an offensive player.

Yeah, but then the mother****er got drunk during the first round and missed his trade-up opportunities.

So all he had left was relatively fungible talent at higher priority positions or the one remaining blue-chipper at a less dynamic spot.

Next time don't pass out and miss the draft, Veach.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170189)
Yeah, but then the mother****er got drunk during the first round and missed his trade-up opportunities.

So all he had left was relatively fungible talent at higher priority positions or the one remaining blue-chipper at a less dynamic spot.

Next time don't pass out and miss the draft, Veach.

But don't tell me that if we allowed trades in this thing.....that you wouldn't have already made your pick around #17-18 and picked Ferrell.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170198)
But don't tell me that if we allowed trades in this thing.....that you wouldn't have already made your pick around #17-18 and picked Ferrell.

Well yeah, had Veach not passed out around the 5th pick, that's exactly what would've happened (I think...your double negatives confuse me. I'm just a caveman).

I'd have been done with this round a looooong time ago.

Ferrell would be a Chief right now in my world and I'd be doing some serious interviews with Michael Jordan out of OSU to see if he's worth grabbing in the 3rd. I doubt Jenkins would make it that far (hell, he may not see our 2nds) and I'm certain McCoy wouldn't.

I do think OL needs to be addressed in some fashion in the first 2 days.

RunKC 03-20-2019 09:49 AM

Might want to forget about Ferrell DJ. Unfortunately I think that guy is a borderline top 15 pick. Hard to see him being there at 20.

O.city 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

The Titans at 19 might be the place to start looking for your trade up if someone you want is falling there.

The 19th pick would be worth about 875, so our first, one of the 2nds and next years 4th would probably get it done.

Problem is our 2nds are so god damn low in the round.

Mother****erJones 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

I’ll say it: I’d rather take a WR or TE than a center

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14170220)
Might want to forget about Ferrell DJ. Unfortunately I think that guy is a borderline top 15 pick. Hard to see him being there at 20.

Maybe. Even probably.

But there's an interesting thing I've noticed recently - scheme versatility gets guys paid. It gets guys overdrafted, in fact.

And I'm not sure I see Ferrell as being as scheme versatile as some. Now he's absolutely ideal for what it appears we're trying to do, but that doesn't mean much to anyone else's draft board.

But you're right - it just takes one GM in the teens to fall in love and !@#$ us over. But when a guy sure looks like a pure 4-3 player, that takes more teams out of the running that we realize. And it makes some teams that might be considering him (but who may not be sold on their present system for the next 5 years) wary of him as well.

Maybe he'd be a better 3-4 player than I'm giving him credit for, but to me that's a 4-3 DE all day, every day. And that makes the market for him just limited enough that he might slip into our range.

O.city 03-20-2019 09:53 AM

One thing to think about with the 2 2nds would be packaging them together to maybe get up in the top of the 2nd and get someone you like that's falling.

The Franchise 03-20-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14170220)

Everyone says that....but everyone forgets that almost half of the GMs in the league are borderline mouth breathers. Guys fall all the time and teams get damn good players at the bottom of the 1st round.

And then you have to factor in that Veach isn't afraid to go get "his guy. It could be the right choice....it could be the wrong choice....but from what we've seen so far....Veach is at the very least....aggressive.

O.city 03-20-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14170233)
I’ll say it: I’d rather take a WR or TE than a center

Easy there Matt Millen