ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes GIF thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=309314)

Rasputin 08-14-2017 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 13011329)
i would temper the optimism regarding DAT at this point, but if he does well, it would be about time :D

I think he can do well out of the slot this is his fourth year and is still young. I got more optimism in him if/when Patrick starts and is able to spread the ball around. Guys are going be left open with Tyreek running down field.

Really I'm encouraged more so this year than before for DAT.

Halfcan 08-14-2017 08:23 AM

Great thread- thanks for posting these. I was at the Green Day concert and did not get to watch the game.

I really like the different angles on the TD pass. So much criticism on here of that pass saying it "Could" have been intercepted and it was some kind of sloppy loft pass.

Looks to me it was a high arching perfect spiral, put where only the receiver could get it. That is a big time throw.

This kid has so much talent it is ridiculous. He is the type of once in a generation player you can build a dynasty around.

ptlyon 08-14-2017 08:35 AM

Thanks so much for this thread as well. Didn't watch the game and only checked CP for it's reaction and review of what happened. I took it that it didn't really go well, and in looking at the score it really didn't, but seeing these makes me think there was a bit of overreaction for his first time out. Really think we're on to something here.

NJChiefsFan 08-14-2017 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13011239)
It would of been about the same. As soon as he throws it to 17 number 27 from the 9ers would be crashing down

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 13011243)
#17?

Are we watching the same .gif?

He meant 13. Even if the pass to 13 is the same gain, it's for considerably less risk. I'm not trying to kill the joy of what was a great first performance. It doesn't mean that we should all just make everything out to be amazing.

Lets recognize things for what they are so we can truly appreciate the great things he does.

lcarus 08-14-2017 09:00 AM

He's gonna make some poor throws and some ill advised throws. There will be interceptions. But if he's as good as he looks there will be lots of points on the board. Gone will be the days of "absolutely no turnovers - even if it means we only score 7 ****ing points the whole game on offense". And I'm so glad.

Dartgod 08-14-2017 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13011511)
Great thread- thanks for posting these. I was at the Green Day concert and did not get to watch the game.

I really like the different angles on the TD pass. So much criticism on here of that pass saying it "Could" have been intercepted and it was some kind of sloppy loft pass.

Looks to me it was a high arching perfect spiral, put where only the receiver could get it. That is a big time throw.

This kid has so much talent it is ridiculous. He is the type of once in a generation player you can build a dynasty around.

Hyperbole much?

Reerun_KC 08-14-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13011511)

QFT. Well stated.

PAChiefsGuy 08-14-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 13011576)
He's gonna make some poor throws and some ill advised throws. There will be interceptions. But if he's as good as he looks there will be lots of points on the board. Gone will be the days of "absolutely no turnovers - even if it means we only score 7 ****ing points the whole game on offense". And I'm so glad.

Well when he is learning he is probably going to throw a lot of INTs and that is fine but lets hope when he reaches his peak he keeps them to a minimum. Throwing 30 TDs is great but is you throw 21 INTs or even 17-18 INTs it really isn't that great as it seems and makes things a lot harder on the defense.

That's what makes Rodgers and Brady so special is they throw a lot of TDs and yds but still manage to not throw a lot of INTs like Smitty. Peyton was usually in the 10-15 range same with Brees. I want Mahomes to be the best of the best so I'd like to see him put up those kind of numbers when it comes to INTs.

Iczer 08-14-2017 09:29 AM

Was it just me or did Mahomes TD throw look Aaron Rogers'esque?

Halfcan 08-14-2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13011597)
Hyperbole much?

So it wasn't a high arching spiral?

Don't you think Mahomes is incredibly talented?

I guess time will tell who is right.

Halfcan 08-14-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iczer (Post 13011650)
Was it just me or did Mahomes TD throw look Aaron Rogers'esque?

Evidently, still not good enough for some on Chiefs Planet. :shake:

Only touchdown passes that have 0% chance of being intercepted under any circumstances count around here.

WhiteWhale 08-14-2017 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 13010845)
OFFICIAL Patrick Mahomes Jizz thread is more like it.

Your trolling sucks.

At least be funny dipshit.

ToxSocks 08-14-2017 10:52 AM

My thoughts:

Gif #1: Underthrown, sure. But he was looking towards the opposite hash the entire time. He knew where he wanted to go with the ball before he snapped it. He stared down the opposite receiver on purpose and then immediately turned his head and took his shot. Also, Ka'dos to Robinson. He burned that DB. He had a couple of yards on the DB. Toasty.

Gif #2: Anticipation? WTH are you talking about, GoChiefs? That wasn't great anticipation. Great anticipation would've been releasing the ball as the receiver finished his route. That route by Jones wasn't great, and for the most part he was covered. Mahomes stared Jones down the whole way. However, he positioned the ball well and Jones made a fantastic adjustment. That was a rookie play and Mahomes looked like a rookie. No biggie.

Gif #3: Sure, the ball could've been a little lower, but Kelce catches that ball. I have yet to find an angle that demonstrates Escobar getting more than 6" off the ground. I don't know if Escobar has hops or not, but he certainly didn't on that play. Yes, it was high, but an NFL TE needs to make that play. That ball was well within Kelce's catching radius and that throw was one of my favorites of the night.

Gif #4: That was a forced throw into coverage much more than it was "anticipation". Probably one of my least favorite throws of the night. No, the ball was NOT low enough to where only his reciever could get it. The ball was thrown above the receiver's hip. That's not low. On top of that, he stared him down the whole way. That was a rookie play, but Ka'dos to Mahomes for trying to make something out of nothing.

Gif#5: Not much to say about it that hasn't already been said. I called it "Vintage Mahomes" in the GDT. That's the kind of throw that got him drafted #10 overall. He made those throws every Saturday at Tech. Five years from now we're all gonna say, "Yup, that's a classic Mahomes throw right there..."

Gif#6: Loved that throw. That's an NFL throw. THAT's putting it where only his receiver can get it. Tight window, low and outisde. Fantastic throw. And he bypassed an easy checkdown to do it.

RippedmyFlesh 08-14-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13011632)

That's what makes Rodgers and Brady so special is they throw a lot of TDs and yds but still manage to not throw a lot of INTs like Smitty. Peyton was usually in the 10-15 range same with Brees. I want Mahomes to be the best of the best so I'd like to see him put up those kind of numbers when it comes to INTs.

Smith was 10th in int% so he is slightly better than average at that.
40 and 28 tds is not like 15. Smith doesn't belong in the same sentence.

Marcellus 08-14-2017 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13010783)
I wasn't re watching the Chiefs Steelers playoff game and why on earth did Suttonhave Houston covering Brown so many times. West had a crucial fumble and Kelce dropped a wide open deep pass. Smitty converted several 4th downs and even converted a 3rd and 20. Jah Reid is absolutely terrible at tackle. He allowed a LB untouched to hit Smitty while he was throwing which caused the INT. Either Reid moves to guard or he needs to be cut

Ban this dipshit from this thread please.

raybec 4 08-14-2017 02:46 PM

So reading through this thread, you can only come to one of two conclusions. Either Mahomes is Jesus in shoulder pads or he is the risky usurper who needs to be put down.

Er'body pump the brakes. He looked good not great and Alex will keep his job this year and put up middling TD's and low Int's.

ToxSocks 08-14-2017 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 13012492)
He looked good not great and Alex will keep his job this year and put up middling TD's and low Int's.

Alex will keep his job on two conditions:

A. He stays healthy.

B. He leads a productive offense.

Nothing i've heard from Reid would indicate that he has some artificial time stamp on when Mahomes will be ready.

If the Chiefs start losing and the passing game is struggling, Reid WILL put Mahomes in.

Discuss Thrower 08-14-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13012508)
If the Chiefs start losing and the passing game is struggling, Reid WILL put Mahomes in.

It's going to take Quinn/Palko esque levels of pass game incompetence to unseat Smith.

Rasputin 08-14-2017 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13012508)
Alex will keep his job on two conditions:

A. He stays healthy.

B. He leads a productive offense.

Nothing i've heard from Reid would indicate that he has some artificial time stamp on when Mahomes will be ready.

That's why he needs all the reps he can get in practice and preseason. He will do fine everything is a learning process. This way is still a better process than the process that Carl Peterson wanted us to process. This is also Alex Smith 5th year in Carl Peterson's Five Year Plan 28th year in the making.

ToxSocks 08-14-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13012535)
It's going to take Quinn/Palko esque levels of pass game incompetence to unseat Smith.

As if Smith is immune to inept, ineffective offensive outings....

Red Dawg 08-14-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13012535)

We are already there. He threw a pathetic 15 tds and we are bottom feeders in scoring tds. Take a guess at how many rookies and second year QBs threw more than 15.

I'll help you. All of them.

Reerun_KC 08-14-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13012550)
We are already there. He threw a pathetic 15 tds and we are bottom feeders in scoring tds. Take a guess at how many rookies and second year QBs threw more than 15.

I'll help you. All of them.

Does that include punter setups and hidden touchdowns?

scho63 08-14-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbrook (Post 13011239)
It would of been about the same. As soon as he throws it to 17 number 27 from the 9ers would be crashing down

Maybe but Conley only had one guy to beat with a move for a much larger gain. :hmmm:

Ming the Merciless 08-14-2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 13011230)
He had 17 WIDE OPEN on the outside for a bigger gain. :hmmm:

I actually like it that he tried to throw to the 1st down marker...how many times have we all complained about throwing 5 yards behind the sticks? I agree the result wouldve been about the same maybe though...I like looking further downfield.

ToxSocks 08-14-2017 03:43 PM

I'm in the mood for a good argument. Someone say something stupid and mean it, goddamnit.

In58men 08-14-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13012708)
I'm in the mood for a good argument. Someone say something stupid and mean it, goddamnit.

I still think Geno Smith has more upside than Mahomes.

Easy 6 08-14-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Mahomes is gonna bust

Discuss Thrower 08-14-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13012722)
Mahomes is gonna bust a nut on NFL defenses

FYP

ToxSocks 08-14-2017 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13012722)
Mahomes is gonna bust

I know you don't mean it. It's not the same.

jaa1025 08-14-2017 03:52 PM

I didn't realize that pass to TE Escobar was that close nor did I recognize his 6 inch vertical. I'm not sure if that was a mistimed jump or he just cant jump. That is a TD easily with Kelce.

Easy 6 08-14-2017 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 13012724)
FYP

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13012725)
I know you don't mean it. It's not the same.

Welp, cant say I didnt try

jjchieffan 08-14-2017 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13011856)
My thoughts:

Gif #1: Underthrown, sure. But he was looking towards the opposite hash the entire time. He knew where he wanted to go with the ball before he snapped it. He stared down the opposite receiver on purpose and then immediately turned his head and took his shot. Also, Ka'dos to Robinson. He burned that DB. He had a couple of yards on the DB. Toasty.

Gif #2: Anticipation? WTH are you talking about, GoChiefs? That wasn't great anticipation. Great anticipation would've been releasing the ball as the receiver finished his route. That route by Jones wasn't great, and for the most part he was covered. Mahomes stared Jones down the whole way. However, he positioned the ball well and Jones made a fantastic adjustment. That was a rookie play and Mahomes looked like a rookie. No biggie.

Gif #3: Sure, the ball could've been a little lower, but Kelce catches that ball. I have yet to find an angle that demonstrates Escobar getting more than 6" off the ground. I don't know if Escobar has hops or not, but he certainly didn't on that play. Yes, it was high, but an NFL TE needs to make that play. That ball was well within Kelce's catching radius and that throw was one of my favorites of the night.

Gif #4: That was a forced throw into coverage much more than it was "anticipation". Probably one of my least favorite throws of the night. No, the ball was NOT low enough to where only his reciever could get it. The ball was thrown above the receiver's hip. That's not low. On top of that, he stared him down the whole way. That was a rookie play, but Ka'dos to Mahomes for trying to make something out of nothing.

Gif#5: Not much to say about it that hasn't already been said. I called it "Vintage Mahomes" in the GDT. That's the kind of throw that got him drafted #10 overall. He made those throws every Saturday at Tech. Five years from now we're all gonna say, "Yup, that's a classic Mahomes throw right there..."

Gif#6: Loved that throw. That's an NFL throw. THAT's putting it where only his receiver can get it. Tight window, low and outisde. Fantastic throw. And he bypassed an easy checkdown to do it.

Excellent analysis. From someone who obviously knows about football. I loved the gif's Clay. But keep to what you know, which is Gif's, not football. Your analysis just shows your ignorance.

Nickhead 08-14-2017 09:29 PM

Quote:

if mahomes was on the roster four years ago, bowe would be leading the league in yards and touchdowns every year. :D

jaa1025 08-15-2017 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 13011194)
Yeah he should have gone with the slot receiver DAT that was open.

Alex Smith would have thrown to DAT for a 3 yard gain.

This was an NFL throw that the best QB's make because they anticipate the player being open or throw him open. Smith doesn't have this ability.

Dartgod 08-15-2017 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 13011719)
So it wasn't a high arching spiral?

Don't you think Mahomes is incredibly talented?

I guess time will tell who is right.

That's not what I said at all.

Quote:

...a high arching perfect spiral
Quote:

That is a big time throw
It was a nice throw, nice TD. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote:

This kid has so much talent it is ridiculous
Yes, he is talented. So much it is ridiculous? Don't know about that yet.

Quote:

He is the type of once in a generation player you can build a dynasty around.
Of all of these, this one is probably what prompted me most to make my "hyperbole much" comment.

Look, I like Mahomes and I'm looking forward to the day that he replaces Smith. I think the future is bright, but come on, let's not put him in the HOF yet.

WhiteWhale 08-15-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13014071)

Of all of these, this one is probably what prompted me most to make my "hyperbole much" comment.

Look, I like Mahomes and I'm looking forward to the day that he replaces Smith. I think the future is bright, but come on, let's not put him in the HOF yet.

Mahomes raw ability is not disputed by anyone who has played or coached.

Seriously, talent is raw ability. Skills are the things you learn. His arm talent is not questioned by anyone who knows what the **** they're talking about.

Yes, Mahomes is among the most raw talented individuals ever drafted for the position.

He's largely lacking in teachable skills.

staylor26 08-15-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 13014370)
Mahomes raw ability is not disputed by anyone who has played or coached.

Seriously, talent is raw ability. Skills are the things you learn. His arm talent is not questioned by anyone who knows what the **** they're talking about.

Yes, Mahomes is among the most raw talented individuals ever drafted for the position.

He's largely lacking in teachable skills.

It's incredibly frustrating that people get "talent" and "potential" confused with "he's going to the HOF!"

Halfcan 08-15-2017 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 13014071)

My comment on that pass was a counter to all saying it was some kind of floater that should have, could have, would have been an interception. It was not a duck- but a nice spiral from what I could tell by Clays gifs. Add to it, he motioned for the receiver to go to that spot and nailed the throw while being pursued. It was a great pass for a rookie in his first game imo.

Okay, let's play the semantics game since you don't like my word choice here.
What is a better word to describe a kid that put up the incredible stats he did, can throw the ball 60 yards from his knees not to mention 60 plus mph. to me, that is ridiculous natural talent. Pick whatever word you want, he still has amazing gifts.

If Andy didn't think this kid is a player you can build a championship around they would not have moved up. There were other options. I guess time will tell if they were right.

tredadda 08-15-2017 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13009711)
AKA GIF'D UP: Franchise QB Edition.

Complete with smooth, clean, CP-exclusive GIFs and bullshit analysis from the guy who stroked off Cassel.

Play 1: A beautiful strike, albeit slightly underthrown, that got called back.

What I like about this play: The All-22 shows no one really open, and a pass rusher right in Mahomes face. He still made the throw.

Play 2: A fine intermediate throw, thrown with incredible anticipation.

What I like about this play: the anticipation on this throw is something we don't even see from he-who-shall-not-be-named-in-this-thread. This is the frame right before Mahomes begins his throwing motion. He waits any longer and it might be picked.

Play 3: Mahomes escapes pressure and comes 6 inches from a TD pass.

What I like about this play: Mahomes shows great pocket presence, but he isn't running just to run like you-know-who. He's running to throw, and attempting a throw certain quarterbacks would never even think of. Additionally, the fact he avoids a sack here sets up a TD later.

Look how close this was to a TD:

Play 4: Mahomes throws with incredible anticipation again, almost comes up with a TD, gets a flag anyway.

What I like about this play: This is even better anticipation than the intermediate throw we saw earlier. The WR hasn't even cleared coverage when Mahomes starts his throwing motion. I'm fairly floored a rookie QB in his first game attempted this throw.

Play 5: TOUCHDOWN KANSAS CITY

What I like about this play: Mahomes is running to throw all the way. He's manipulating the defense into giving him a crack to throw. And it's just a crack, because as people have pointed out, if he doesn't throw it high it's probably a pick. Sir-not-appearing-in-this-thread hasn't made a throw like this into the end zone in four years.

The frame where Mahomes decides to release:

You know what you need to throw TDs in the NFL? BRASS BALLS.

Go and do likewise, starter. The touchdown's out there, you pick it up, it's yours. You don't--I have no sympathy for you. You wanna go out on those plays tonight and score, score, it's yours. If not you're going to be shining my pads.

http://i.imgur.com/HIkq3Xp.gif

FIN

While this kid is going to be good, let's keep things in perspective for the moment. Gif #1 was an underthrow that against a first team defense could have gone poorly. Gif #2 he threw to a man covered while missing an opportunity to hit the open guy for what could have been a bigger gain. Gif #3 he did a great job avoiding pressure and looking to pass first which is good, but it was still a poor throw.

Will this kid be better than Smith? I think so, but he still has a ways to go and it might be prudent to objectively look at what he did and did not do instead of giving him a free pass and glossing over his mistakes.

PAChiefsGuy 08-15-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 13015175)
While this kid is going to be good, let's keep things in perspective for the moment. Gif #1 was an underthrow that against a first team defense could have gone poorly. Gif #2 he threw to a man covered while missing an opportunity to hit the open guy for what could have been a bigger gain. Gif #3 he did a great job avoiding pressure and looking to pass first which is good, but it was still a poor throw.

Will this kid be better than Smith? I think so, but he still has a ways to go and it might be prudent to objectively look at what he did and did not do instead of giving him a free pass and glossing over his mistakes.

Just so you know you are going to be called an Alexsexual soon with objective posts like that.

tredadda 08-15-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 13015208)
Just so you know you are going to be called an Alexsexual soon with objective posts like that.

Whatever gets people through their day. The post was by no means pro-Alex. It's a sad day on CP when people can no longer look objectively at things but instead join factions and use confirmation bias to stay there.

WhiteWhale 08-15-2017 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13014378)
It's incredibly frustrating that people get "talent" and "potential" confused with "he's going to the HOF!"

Hard work only beats talent if talent fails to work hard.

If Mahomes is halfway intelligent (he appears to be) and works hard (which he reportedly is doing) his odds of being a very good QB are incredibly high.

The guy isn't Jamarcus Russell or Vince Young, who sounded so stupid in interviews it was obvious their talent would go unfulfilled on the merit of being absolute morons.

Or a guy like Jeff George, who had obscene talent but was notorious for not listening to his coaches and having a shit attitude.

I can understand why people are putting the goggles on. I'm trying to remain skeptical, but he's doing everything I hoped he would. Learning the offense faster than expected, putting in extra work with WR's after practice, and performing about as I'd hoped in his single short scrub addled performance.

KChiefs1 08-20-2017 07:15 AM

I need my Mahomes fix.

Reerun_KC 08-20-2017 07:50 AM

This!

DRM08 08-20-2017 08:58 AM

https://i.giphy.com/media/xTg8B3pfJDcYiUfFPW/giphy.gif

bigjosh 08-20-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 13026436)
I need my Mahomes fix.

He posted them on Twitter, but I dont want to embed and give away his twitter account/name.

BigCatDaddy 08-20-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13026526)

That's one without a doubt ASS11 throws into the bleachers to avoid a negative play.

Hammock Parties 08-20-2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigjosh006 (Post 13026534)
He posted them on Twitter, but I dont want to embed and give away his twitter account/name.

Patience, children. The twitter GIFs are low quality. Allow me to do this properly, with screencaps to boot.

Easy 6 08-20-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13026580)
Patience, children. The twitter GIFs are low quality. Allow me to do this properly, with screencaps to boot.

Do what you do, we'll be here

Pablo 08-20-2017 09:55 AM

Gif horse is making his resurgence. A decade plus of high quality gifs for lil ol CP is on the way.

Kiimo 08-20-2017 10:09 AM

Quote:

I fear his playing style is going to get him injured or consussed and limit his potential. We already know he used to be faster before his knee injury.

thegame214 08-20-2017 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13026607)
I fear his playing style is going to get him injured or consussed and limit his potential. We already know he used to be faster before his knee injury.

Has Alex been hurt the last 5 years? He seems pretty limited to me.

aturnis 08-20-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13026607)

Shouldn't be nearly as bad behind the starting o line.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties 08-20-2017 11:14 AM

First drive as follows...

Play 1: Pat makes a terrible decision and is almost picked.

What I like about this play: Pat isn't confused. He's just reading the deep safety. He could just take off and run like he-who-shall-not-be-named, but he's trying for the big play. He just holds it a little too long.

Play 2: Pat escapes the pocket and picks up yardage.

What I like about this play: I'm pretty sure the Bengals are trying to bait Mahomes into throwing to Reek at the bottom of the screen. He doesn't take the bait.

Play 3: Both tackles get owned and Pat has 1.5 seconds to throw the ball, if that. He very calmly, coolly and accurately flicks his wrist for a first down.

What I like about this play: Are you kidding me? That immediate pressure and the ball is thrown perfectly? **** me, man. This is a rookie?

Play 4: The Great Escape. Mahomes is hanging in that pocket looking for a receiver, but when he decides to go, he goes. And he's a step away from six.

What I like about this play: he outran two STARTING CALIBER LINEBACKERS to the corner. One of them runs a 4.58 ****ing forty. The other one ran a 4.67. Sheesh. Patrick MahOVIN' faster than you think.

Play 5: Just a casual TD thrown across the body.

What I like about this play: yes, that is his third read. I slowed the GIF down so you can see Pat's head moving. THIRD READ FOLKS. THIRD. READ.

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

http://i.imgur.com/hHtRZa8.gif

http://i.imgur.com/1zZfCNO.gif

Next post: second drive

Danguardace 08-20-2017 11:17 AM

Full replay of game

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7k2ZOm3gK64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 08-20-2017 11:19 AM

He makes it look effortless

Side note - if last nights performance indicates a trend for Harris LOOK OUT... he and Kelce will be unstoppable together

JakeF 08-20-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13026708)

Side note - if last nights performance indicates a trend for Harris LOOK OUT... he and Kelce will be unstoppable together

Don't trust Harris yet, he will look great for awhile and then start doing stupid stuff again.

rydogg58 08-20-2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13026708)

It's a good thing he was blessed with those tiny hands. If they were any bigger, I don't think he would me making these badass plays.

Hammock Parties 08-20-2017 11:47 AM

2nd drive

Play 1: Pat's deep read isn't there so he improvises and dumps it off.

What I like about this play: Uh, yes. He totally baited the linebacker into abandoning coverage to open up his man. That's some serious poise.

Play 2: Pat tries to sling a back-shoulder throw into tight coverage.

What I like about this play: 1. He completely ignored a wide open CJ Spiller in favor of a deeper, tighter throw.

http://i.imgur.com/wcpotSY.jpg

2. IT'S A DROP. Robinson lets that ball bounce right off his face/shoulder. That was a great throw.

Play 3: Pat stays in the pocket and slings the ball into a closing hole over the middle.

What I like about this play: Uh, yeah. Just ignore those dumpoffs, ignore the running lane and pick up the first down. This is the anti-game manager gold standard play. HNNNNG

http://i.imgur.com/LfbE3kS.jpg

Play 4: Pat escapes almost immediate pressure and casually runs for a first down.

What I like about this play: lol your pass rush, lol gonna keep lookin' downfield and then just **** it bro, 10 yards, i have no fear

Play 5: Busted-ass protection results in a mad scramble and ARM STRENGTH

What I like about this play: Pat runs himself into trouble and then just uses his massive, studly, veined, thick, solid, tight cannon to nullify his mistake.

Play 6: Yeah I see your pass rush. Suck on my elite NFL throwing penis.

What I like about this play: Almost every Chiefs QB in the last 10 years goes fetal in this situation. Instead Patrick Mahomes delivers an NFL throw and gets clobbered. This is literally shit that wins championships.

Play 7: P@tr1ck butt****ing M@h0m3z stiff arms a butt****ing 275-pound defensive end and throws a strike 23 yards on the run with perfect accuracy.

WATCH THIS SHIT FROM THE ALT ANGLE IN SLOW MOTION

http://i.imgur.com/GQqDl95.gif

What I like about this play: I CAME ALL OVER MYSELF

http://i.imgur.com/392zRxe.gif

FIN

(not shown: screen passes, eat me)

Kiimo 08-20-2017 11:52 AM

There's a third alt angle that shows the Ball curving outward into even better placement that demonstrates elite pitcher ability in addition to QB ability

Easy 6 08-20-2017 11:54 AM

#7 is the one that just pushed me over the edge of sanity

'Look at me, I'm the QB now' LMAO

TLO 08-20-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 13026754)
#7 is the one that just pushed me over the edge of sanity

'Look at me, I'm the QB now' LMAO

Number 7 was SOOOOOOOO sexy

saphojunkie 08-20-2017 12:11 PM

I was losing my mind watching that game. There is zero doubt for me that he could be starting right now. I honestly think he might push smith into being an actual qb this year. I'd be playing my ass off if I had Aaron Rodgers 2.0 champing at the bit behind me.

Molitoth 08-20-2017 12:15 PM

I've seen multiple Alex Smith fans online claim that this was a terrible throw because he almost got his receiver killed. lol - I hate people.

saphojunkie 08-20-2017 12:16 PM

The receivers were balling the **** out for him.

That's what happens when you know your QB can and will find you no matter what and trust you to make the catch. That's a guy you play harder for.

Boner town.

Molitoth 08-20-2017 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13026786)
I was losing my mind watching that game. There is zero doubt for me that he could be starting right now. I honestly think he might push smith into being an actual qb this year. I'd be playing my ass off if I had Aaron Rodgers 2.0 champing at the bit behind me.

I vividly remember Russel Wilson's preseason performance vs the Chiefs his rookie season. It looked VERY much like this...

The difference is, the Seahags had the balls to bench their Overpayed starting QB... the Chiefs won't.

Whatever though... Next year will be exciting.

Pablo 08-20-2017 12:23 PM

Pat Mahomes brings a message of mercy.

He's the chosen prophet of the BigDickDownfield God we all now worship.

All of our suffering was necessary to achieve redemption. Saint Patrick indeed.

Bearcat 08-20-2017 12:28 PM

If you're going to megathread this, why not spoiler the entire 49ers game and then add last night's game to the OP?

Hammock Parties 08-20-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 13026752)
There's a third alt angle that shows the Ball curving outward into even better placement that demonstrates elite pitcher ability in addition to QB ability

God damn, son.

http://i.imgur.com/8ukt9mT.gif

Tribal Warfare 08-20-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13026827)

All wrist, that kid just flicks the ball with elite velocity

Hammock Parties 08-20-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 13026823)
If you're going to megathread this, why not spoiler the entire 49ers game and then add last night's game to the OP?

Ehhhh not so much. Do you think you could separate OP into post #1?

penbrook 08-20-2017 12:38 PM

Tyreek Hill made that Kelce bomb happen

https://mobile.twitter.com/BaldyNFL/...37860372987905

KCFalcon59 08-20-2017 12:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13026827)

OMFG!

Bearcat 08-20-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13026835)
Ehhhh not so much. Do you think you could separate OP into post #1?

Think I broke the internet when I tried it the first time, but yeah, it's post 1 now.

Hammock Parties 08-20-2017 12:46 PM

Thank you glorious mod. I'm going to create links in the OP to game posts.

notorious 08-20-2017 12:47 PM

http://i.imgur.com/8ukt9mT.gif

https://68.media.tumblr.com/939e72ef...k2apo1_500.gif

RunKC 08-20-2017 12:49 PM

CB just made a great play on Demarcus Robinson. Got his hand in between Robinson's just in time.

Also, Alex made play #6 in Denver last year on Roby. Not as much arm strength tho. Just being honest.

Hammock Parties 08-20-2017 12:55 PM

Oh yeah...this ****ing throw away...look at the arm.

http://i.imgur.com/4loeyPa.gif

penbrook 08-20-2017 12:55 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/Cianaf/st...41647762382850

penbrook 08-20-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13026871)
Oh yeah...this ****ing throw away...look at the arm.

http://i.imgur.com/4loeyPa.gif

Now we're jizzing over throwaways JFC