ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

Pablo 09-18-2015 11:37 AM

Andy is a winning football coach. With glaring flaws. But he still wins more games than he loses and that will always be enough to appease the Clark Hunt's of the world; as well as most every fan base out there.

Terrible coach? No. Horrid decision maker in game? Oh yeah.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11739425)
Your leap in logic is quite fascinating

Good non-committal retort.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11739439)
Terrible coach? No. Horrid decision maker in game? Oh yeah.

:doh!:

Good coaches don't make horrible decisions at the worst possible time in the biggest games.

Constantly.

Do you people realize that words have meanings??

Pablo 09-18-2015 11:42 AM

You're the 'rigged' guy. Don't expect anyone to take anything you have to say about football seriously on this board ever again.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11739425)
Your leap in logic is quite fascinating

****, at least I understand that 'good coaches' and 'bad decisions' don't correlate.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 11739450)
You're the 'rigged' guy. Don't expect anyone to take anything you have to say about football seriously on this board ever again.

Hey, I'm not the only who isn't so ****ing blinded by the spectacle that I can't see the man behind the curtain.

I'm just the most visible, and most outspoken...

The one most unwilling to have the suspension of disbelief it takes to even really enjoy football for what it is anymore.

But what I've posted in this thread is all 100% fact - no outrageous claims, no conjecture, no conspiracy theory.

I did ask some questions that the all knowing CP doesn't seem to have any answers for, just mockery.

Which in the end, lends credence to my position anyway.

So put me on ignore, and have a good day.

RunKC 09-18-2015 11:49 AM

Surprised people aren't talking about Dave Toub. He was horrific last night.

Several penalties on ST's, a near blocked punt and horrible assignments on punt returns.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 11739471)
Surprised people aren't talking about Dave Toub. He was horrific last night.

Several penalties on ST's, a near blocked punt and horrible assignments on punt returns.

gblow said it best in the Top 10 thread :

"Any Chiefs coach who draws a paycheck this week is stealing"

Titty Meat 09-18-2015 11:53 AM

Andy Reid is a terrible parent too

dirk digler 09-18-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739409)

I'm telling you, factually, that in order to actually be a good coach, one consistently must put their team in positions to win.

This is where you fail. Andy Reid currently is the 4th winningest active coach in the NFL and he has a .587 winning %. Obviously he is putting his teams in positions to win with that kind of record like him or not.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Riley (Post 11739486)
Andy Reid is a terrible parent too

BAM

jonzie04 09-18-2015 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739438)
Unless you're Jacksonville or the Raiders, EVERY TEAM is in the playoff hunt every year, you ****ing DOLT.

It's called 'parity', and if you've been watching the same league I have for the past 20 years, you know all about it, and you feel like a dipshit right about now.

You're a ****ing idiot...

He's made the playoffs TEN times in the past 16 seasons And just narrowly missed out last year and in 2011.

That is being in the playoff hunt nearly every year you moron....

We made the playoffs 3 times in that time span without Andy.

KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 09-18-2015 12:00 PM

Owners of professional sports teams don't have the same passion for winning as the average fan does. It's nothing more than a business to them. As long as they are making money on their investment they are happy. Andy Reid is good enough to fill the stands by winning more games then he loses. This makes money for the Hunt family, ergo nothing will be done concerning Andy's employment with the Chiefs.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 11739487)
This is where you fail. Andy Reid currently is the 4th winningest active coach in the NFL and he has a .587 winning %. Obviously he is putting his teams in positions to win with that kind of record like him or not.

I trust what I've seen with my own eyes.

You can trot out all the numbers in support of that guy you want...

I've seen him piss away more wins than any ****ing coach ever.

The Herm teams, the Haley teams...they just weren't talented. They had Cassels and Croyles at QB. Alex at least resembles an NFL QB. He isn't top tier like a Rodgers but he isn't AIDS-filled dumpster fire like Cassel either.

This team is stacked and ready to win right now. Period. Alex Smith is better than Dilfer, and we're Sean Smith away from having a dominant defense.

Difference is...Brian Billick, the same guy who had the record setting Minnesota offenses all those years with Cris Carter and whatnot, high flying pass master...ran the ball with Jamal Lewis and Priest Holmes. And let his defense play defense, instead of hanging them out to dry, 3 and out after 3 and out.

The 99 Ravens won like 3 or 4 straight games WITHOUT AN OFFENSIVE TD.

You read that right. Look it up.

In order to do that, you don't pretend your FORMER high 1st round qb is anything more than what he really is : a journeyman game manager.

Good coaches realize that they have one of the best RBs to ever play the game, and run the ball from 1st and gl at the 2.

Good coaches bench Jemel Fleming.

Good coaches put their badass bruiser backup RB with fresh legs in the game during the 4th qtr to batter the defense.

Good coaches recognize what they have...and realize what they don't have.

Think about it.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11739493)

He's made the playoffs TEN times in the past 16 seasons And just narrowly missed out last year and in 2011.

That is being in the playoff hunt nearly every year you moron....

We made the playoffs 3 times in that time span without Andy.

The majority of those were when JJ was alive and running the #1 overall defense for a decade in Philly. When he died, Andy sucked and got fired.

Again, how many teams were mathematically eligible for the playoffs at the beginning of week 16 last year?

THAT IS "being in the playoff hunt".

You're a ****ing idiot for drinking the kool-aid and buying what the Hunts are selling.

jonzie04 09-18-2015 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739515)
The majority of those were when JJ was alive and running the #1 overall defense for a decade in Philly. When he died, Andy sucked and got fired.

Again, how many teams were mathematically eligible for the playoffs at the beginning of week 16 last year.

THAT IS being in the playoff hunt.

You're a ****ing idiot for drinking the kool-aid and buying what the Hunts are selling.

A wise man once told me to never argue with stupid people. I hereby withdraw myself from this "conversation". And may god have mercy on your poor soul.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11739522)
A wise man once told me to never argue with stupid people. I hereby withdraw myself from this "conversation". And may god have mercy on your poor soul.

The phrase is "only an idiot argues with an idiot".

And you come blazing in with "you're a ****ing idiot"

It must be nice to not have to think about things. What's it like??

dirk digler 09-18-2015 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739511)

In order to do that, you don't pretend your FORMER high 1st round qb is anything more than what he really is : a journeyman game manager.

Good coaches realize that they have one of the best RBs to ever play the game, and run the ball from 1st and gl at the 2.

Good coaches bench Jemel Fleming.

Good coaches put their badass bruiser backup RB with fresh legs in the game during the 4th qtr to batter the defense.

Good coaches recognize what they have...and realize what they don't have.

Think about it.

I don't disagree with this part and as I stated before I am not a Reid fan nor did I want him as our head coach. But he is an above average NFL head coach his record speaks for himself. He is alot like Marty IMO. Great regular season head coach that will never win a SB.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonzie04 (Post 11739493)

:thumb:

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 11739527)
I don't disagree with this part and as I stated before I am not a Reid fan nor did I want him as our head coach. But he is an above average NFL head coach his record speaks for himself. He is alot like Marty IMO. Great regular season head coach that will never win a SB.

This team has more talent than any team Marty coached (except maybe 93 and 97)

That being said..."good coach" and "constant bad decisions" don't correlate in any logical sense.

That's just reality.

My opinion (and his record backs it up) is that Reid got lucky in hiring JJ in Philly...and without JJ, Reid is below average in Philly and got fired.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN (Post 11739505)
Owners of professional sports teams don't have the same passion for winning as the average fan does. It's nothing more than a business to them. As long as they are making money on their investment they are happy. Andy Reid is good enough to fill the stands by winning more games then he loses. This makes money for the Hunt family, ergo nothing will be done concerning Andy's employment with the Chiefs.

Yup.

Nail, meet hammer...

notorious 09-18-2015 12:16 PM

This team is loaded.

Get a real coach and watch them rape.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11739533)
This team is loaded.

THIS

The Franchise 09-18-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

This team is loaded.

Get a real QB and watch them rape.

FYP

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739531)

That being said..."good coach" and "constant bad decisions" don't correlate in any logical sense.

That's just reality.

My opinion (and his record backs it up) is that Reid got lucky in hiring JJ in Philly...and without JJ, Reid is below average in Philly and got fired.

Reid didn't coach Charles to fumble twice. Reid didn't coach DAT to fumble on the return.

Any team that gives away the ball five times isn't going to win a contest.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

This team is loaded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739487)

This team is stacked and ready to win right now. Period. Alex Smith is better than Dilfer, and we're Sean Smith away from having a dominant defense.

Anyone who doesn't understand that Reid is THE problem at this point doesn't know a ****ing thing about football, and probably has AIDS and rapes their mother with their own poison AIDS dick.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11739540)
Reid didn't coach Charles to fumble twice. Reid didn't coach DAT to fumble on the return.

Any team that gives away the ball five times isn't going to win a contest.

You tell me that we give the ball up 5 times against Peyton Manning but STILL HAVE THE LEAD WITH LESS THAN A MINUTE TO GO and I'd think you're crazy.

But you and I both know with better coaching, it's never that close and those fumbles don't matter.

The first Charles fumble was on another stupid swing pass behind the LOS at a goal to go situation. WHY PUT YOUR PLAYER IN THAT ****ED UP POSITION IN THE FIRST PLACE??

BAD COACHING LED TO THAT FUMBLE.

Come on Dane, you're not an idiot.

You understand that 'good coach' and 'constant bad decisions' is a ****ing oxymoron that only a moron could defend.

dirk digler 09-18-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739531)

That's just reality.

Every coach makes dumb decisions, some more than others. Tom Coughlin has won 2 SB's and made a mind blowing stupid decision last week and we have seen Belichick make dumb decisions as well. Sometimes these guys try to get to cute for their own good.

With that being said I really think Reid should give up playcalling so he can concentrate more on the game instead of the next play call.

And I would definitely support him being shit canned after this season if he doesn't get this team to the playoffs.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 11739552)
Every coach makes dumb decisions, some more than others. Tom Coughlin has won 2 SB's and made a mind blowing stupid decision last week...

Hey, Eli told the RB not to score.

Think whatever you want about THAT situation, I'm not buying that for anything more than what I saw it as at the time...

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739547)

That's just dumb.

First off, there's a difference between "coaching" and "play calling". Reid and his staff have done an excellent job in the offseason during the week to coach up and improve players. We've seen guys develop and grow each year Reid's been employed.

As for a play call causing a fumble? What? Jamaal Charles had issues with the ball as a rookie and has had issues all throughout his career. That fumble is on him, not on the play calling.

That has to be the silliest thing I've ever read in this forum.

ChiTown 09-18-2015 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739541)
Anyone who doesn't understand that Reid is THE problem at this point doesn't know a ****ing thing about football, and probably has AIDS and rapes their mother with their own poison AIDS dick.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/ad64569c...hm4vo1_400.gif

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 11739558)

What...the...****??

ChiTown 09-18-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739561)
What...the...****??

LMAO - exactly

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11739557)
That's just dumb.

First off, there's a difference between "coaching" and "play calling". Reid and his staff have done an excellent job in the offseason during the week to coach up and improve players. We've seen guys develop and grow each year Reid's been employed.

As for a play call causing a fumble? What? Jamaal Charles had issues with the ball as a rookie and has had issues all throughout his career. That fumble is on him, not on the play calling.

I'm talking about Reid on gamedays, specifically - as mentioned at the beginning of the OP.

Words have meanings.

We all know he's great from Monday through saturday.

Except last night.

Unfortunalty, most games are on Sundays...and that's where Reid's shortcomings are most glaringly obvious.

He's a terrible ****ing game manager. Period.

Last night is a microcosm of Andy Reid and his ingame coaching style.

Which is what this thread is about.

Part of that style is him calling stupid plays like ANOTHER behind the LOS swing pass on 3rd and a goal to go situation.

Either throw into the end zone or HOW ABOUT GIVE THE GUY WHO HAS A CAREER 6.5 YPC AVG TAKE A COUPLE CRACKS FROM THE 2!!!???

ARE YOU EVEN ****ING SERIOUS???

ROFL

Nice troll job Dane.

jimidollar 09-18-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11739557)
That's just dumb.

Thy share the blame. It's similar to a point guard passing the ball to a big man streaking down the court when he knows he has stone hands. He put him in a position to fail.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 11739567)
Thy share the blame. It's similar to a point guard passing the ball to a big man streaking down the court when he knows he has stone hands. He put him in a position to fail.

Exactly.

When the first 2 didn't work, you knew the 3rd one in a row was bound to fail as soon as Alex dropped back.

Not letting Charles take a couple cracks from the 2 is just stupid.

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2015 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimidollar (Post 11739567)

So, Charles, who gained 11 yards on the play before fumbling, was put in a position to fail?

Am I reading this correctly?

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739565)
Nice troll job Dane.

You're going on Ignore.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11739576)
So, Charles, who gained 11 yards on the play before fumbling, was put in a position to fail?

Am I reading this correctly?

It was 3rd and goal from the 6.

If he gained 11 yards, it would have been a TD and the we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You're thinking of the wrong Chrles fumble.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11739578)
You're going on Ignore.

Good.

If you can't keep up, go home.

You're like an old man who walks into the room in the middle of a movie and demands to know what's happening in it but never quite catches up.

cosmo20002 09-18-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739136)
That's kind of my point, dipshit.

How does he have a job, STILL, after constant gross incompetence??

Either he threw the game and ownership knows about it and it's all good, or Reid is a terrible coach and Clark is a terrible owner and we will never win a Super Bowl as long as the Hunt family owns the team...

A big old shit Sammich either way.

Pick one.

He's not a HC based on merit, that's for ****ing sure.

Anyone on this board except you, 'Zilla, KC native and the dipshit who posted that 'Jamaal lost the game' could have called a better game than Reid.

He's SUPPOSED to lose the game AND be fired for incompetence?

chiefzilla1501 09-18-2015 01:08 PM

The game planning was fine. I don't understand the complaints there.

The adjustments and situational play calling and game management were terrible. There's a big difference. Of course Reid can coach players and scheme. He just sucks at managing games.

TEX 09-18-2015 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 11739626)

The adjustments and situational play calling and game management were terrible. There's a big difference. Of course Reid can coach players and scheme. He just sucks at managing games.

And it's not just that he sucks, it's that he consistently sucks at it, in game and from game to game. :shake:

Take the 1st and goal from the 2 - I said to a group of friends who I was watching the game with," Reid, DONT get CUTE - Just RUN the F**KING BALL 4 times if you have to!" One bubble screen and 2 passes and fumble later we were all shaking our heads...

cosmo20002 09-18-2015 01:18 PM

Quote:

This team is loaded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739536)
THIS

...unless he is losing on purpose, as rabble says Reid is, and then in that case, it doesn't much matter if you have a "real" coach.

Of course, if the other team has been instructed to lose, then you also don't need a real coach since you're going to win no matter what anyway.

notorious 09-18-2015 01:21 PM

I take back what I said about Reid earlier. I think he is a good prep coach and motivator, but a terrible game-day and adjustments coach.

dirk digler 09-18-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

I would like to see how he does with managing the game if he is not calling the plays. You think he would get better or stay the same?

Pasta Little Brioni 09-18-2015 01:23 PM

These games do have a bit of WWE feel to them. It's just weird.

notorious 09-18-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11739663)
These games do have a bit of WWE feel to them. It's just weird.

Don't you start.....

TimBone 09-18-2015 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739547)

Hahahahahahahahahaha

LMAO LMAO LMAO

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 01:31 PM

Quote:

In the end, a coach who sucks at game management isn't a very good coach, no matter how well he motivates, drafts and coaches through the week.

see : Edwards, Herm

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 11739662)
I would like to see how he does with managing the game if he is not calling the plays. You think he would get better or stay the same?

It would be worth it to find out.

I mean, the play calling would have to get better.

The design and principles would stay the same.

It could only improve things.

Dude tried to wear too many hats in Philly too...

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11739656)
I take back what I said about Reid earlier. I think he is a good prep coach and motivator, but a terrible game-day and adjustments coach.

So, he's Herm Edwards with better offensive and defensive scheming.

That buys between 8 and 10 regular season wins a year, getting trounced in the 1st rd of the playoffs every other year...and no Super Bowls.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-18-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11739667)
Don't you start.....

The NFL is our Santa Claus brah

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11739681)
Hahahahahahahahahaha

LMAO LMAO LMAO

If you have 1st and goal from the 2...and you not only don't hand the ball off to the best ypc back in NFL history, but you call 3 pass plays BEHIND THE LOS after the 1st two lost 4 yards...

And Reid is the coach who called that sequence of shit...

That is bad coaching.

Period.

notorious 09-18-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739695)
So, he's Herm Edwards with better offensive and defensive scheming.

That buys between 8 and 10 regular season wins a year, getting trounced in the 1st rd of the playoffs every other year...and no Super Bowls.

Yep, it sucks ass.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-18-2015 01:41 PM

League won't let us win till we ditch the chop

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11739704)
The NFL is our Santa Claus brah

Exactly.

It's like a bunch of grown men who don't want to admit that Santa isn't real.

http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z...pstdezq0bj.jpg

****...I felt like the Chiefs were Hulking out, going all Hulkamania...and Ted DiBiase hit Hulk with the chair and Andre the Giant pinned him and Hulk lost the title and Andre sold it to DiBiase. Again.

The reason why I feel that way at the end of these games...is because they're pretty much the ****ing same. It's a TV production.

Do you know you can gamble on pro wrestling too??

Even though it's rigged as well...WWE is from CT too. They're governed by the exact same sports entertainment antitrust laws, swear to God, look it up.

They're practically sister sports at this point.

Only difference is...most WWE fans know that what they're watching is fake.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11739719)
League won't let us win till we ditch the chop

And the racialist Chiefs moniker

Pasta Little Brioni 09-18-2015 01:47 PM

Skins were pretty good till thePC bullshit :hmmm:

TimBone 09-18-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739707)
If you have 1st and goal from the 2...and you not only don't hand the ball off to the best ypc back in NFL history, but you call 3 pass plays BEHIND THE LOS after the 1st two lost 4 yards...

And Reid is the coach who called that sequence of shit...

That is bad coaching.

Period.

Yes. Bad coaching. But that's not what you said. You said it led to the fumble. Andy Reid did not cause Jamaal to fumble. A coach doesn't cause a player to fumble.

You're so over the top and emotional in every post you make. You come off more like a cartoon character than you do a poster that anyone would take serious.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11739736)

Yes, yes they were.

Discuss Thrower 09-18-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11739736)

They were good until Dan Snyder lucked in to the hundreds of millions of dollars.

mnchiefsguy 09-18-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11739740)
Yes. Bad coaching. But that's not what you said. You said it led to the fumble. Andy Reid did not cause Jamaal to fumble. A coach doesn't cause a player to fumble.

You're so over the top and emotional in every post you make. You come off more like a cartoon character than you do a poster that anyone would take serious.

Bad coaching played its part in leading to the fumble---with so little time left, if you are not going to go for the winning score, then just take the ****ing knee...instead we got cute and called a play that had no chance for positive yardage, and certainly not enough to put us in a position to win.

So yes, a big portion of that fumble is on Andy for calling a dipshit play. If Alex had aired it out and Denver had gotten a pick six---I would be pissed, but at least you could say they were going for the win.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 02:01 PM

Quote:

You're getting into semantics.

Reid called that bullshit sequence, so, like any accessory to a crime, he is just as culpable for Charles' first fumble as if he had waddled his fat ass out in the field and knocked the thing out of JCs mitts hisself.

Quote:

I'm just emphatic.

I don't care if YOU take me serious or not, but I think you're reading way too much into things. I'm typing in the same black and white font that you are.

Oh, yeah my avatar. Early...Early Cuyler. He is a cartoon character.

But I'm not him.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 11739756)
Bad coaching played its part in leading to the fumble---with so little time left, if you are not going to go for the winning score, then just take the ****ing knee...instead we got cute and called a play that had no chance for positive yardage, and certainly not enough to put us in a position to win.

So yes, a big portion of that fumble is on Andy for calling a dipshit play. If Alex had aired it out and Denver had gotten a pick six---I would be pissed, but at least you could say they were going for the win.

I'm talking about the one in the first qtr.

The 1st and goal from the 2...

1st 2 plays, pass behind LOS, loss of 4

3rd and goal from 6, pass behind the LOS, fumble

Otherwise, we're up 21-0 and bullying the shit out of a team that wonders if they can even play football anymore.

The first 25 minutes, Denver was ready to roll over and die.

Then, Manning started hitting passes, Reid had his end of the half personal shitshow and then...

Amnorix 09-18-2015 02:07 PM

Nothing I can say will do much of anything except piss of Chiefs fans, so I've been trying to wait until the anger/frustration dissapates somewhat.

I watched the entire game, and was rooting for the Chiefs the whole way. I felt for you guys, because it just sucked to lose, and sucked worse to lose like that. I like Andy Reid alot, think he's a great guy, but that was a painful, painful way to lose, and I think alot of it rests at Andy's feet.

Ugh. Hope you get revenge at Mile High later in the year.

Discuss Thrower 09-18-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 11739787)
Nothing I can say will do much of anything except piss of Chiefs fans, so I've been trying to wait until the anger/frustration dissapates somewhat.

I watched the entire game, and was rooting for the Chiefs the whole way. I felt for you guys, because it just sucked to lose, and sucked worse to lose like that. I like Andy Reid alot, think he's a great guy, but that was a painful, painful way to lose, and I think alot of it rests at Andy's feet.

Ugh. Hope you get revenge at Mile High later in the year.

The game is at Denver is after the bye week. Andy Reid is totes awesome with extra days to prepare for an opponent.

/s

Pasta Little Brioni 09-18-2015 02:08 PM

They played the heel role quite well too with all the "personal fouls"

Simply Red 09-18-2015 02:11 PM

after 09/17 - The Chiefs aren't terribly important to me this season - and I won't be going home for a game.

Discuss Thrower 09-18-2015 02:12 PM

Even SR has thrown in the towel.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11739789)
They played the heel role quite well too with all the "personal fouls"

Yup. Thought they were the Denver Raiders for a minute

bricks 09-18-2015 02:13 PM

Andy Reid blends in perfectly to the Chiefs identity in what they've been over the last 40 years, chokers.

When you have poor game clock management skills and questionable play calling in critical situations in ball games, you're asking for a choke job. And voila, that's exactly what we got.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11739798)
after 09/17 - The Chiefs aren't terribly important to me this season - and I won't be going home for a game.

Yeah.

:\

I understand.

Mav 09-18-2015 02:14 PM

He would be so much better if he gave up play calling.

bricks 09-18-2015 02:14 PM

Andy Reid only further reinforces the Chiefs identity.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 11739805)
Andy Reid blends in perfectly to the Chiefs identity in what they've been over the last 40 years, chokers.

When you have poor game clock management skills and questionable play calling in critical situations in ball games, you're asking for a choke job. And voila, that's exactly what we got.

Truth.

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mav (Post 11739807)
He would be so much better if he gave up play calling.

Who's gonna make him??

Alice don't have the nards nor clout to "fire" his coach, ala Manning/Kubiak

rabblerouser 09-18-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11739802)
Even SR has thrown in the towel.

I Ain't mad at him

bricks 09-18-2015 02:17 PM

Andy Reid is fat and dumb.

If he lost some weight maybe he'd be smarter.

The guy has been a fat pig his whole life. If he doesn't understand that obesity increases the risks of diseases like cardiovascular disease or diabetes, I doubt it he will also learn that poor game clock management skills costs us games.

Mav 09-18-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11739816)
Who's gonna make him??

Alice don't have the nards nor clout to "fire" his coach, ala Manning/Kubiak

Shrugs. I got it explained to me. And it makes perfect sense.

Alex Smith is a yes man and will go with whatever Andy wants. Makes complete sense. Lost a lot of respect for Alex.