ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Most Realistic Chiefs' Mock (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343513)

chiefforlife 04-25-2022 10:27 AM

My very first Mock on a simulator...

If you havent tried it, its WAY harder than you think.

29 Mafe Edge - huge run on edge. Mafe/Ebiketie left
30 Watson WR - Again, huge run. Wanted Burks who went 28. Watson/Pickens

50 Winfrey DT - Beast, position of need. Winfrey/Mathis
62 Williams Edge - Need two, happy he was there. Williams/Paschal left

94 Chenal LB - To good to pass, LB now solid. Chenal/Anderson hard to decide
103 Dulcich TE - Stud, learn from best TE EVER, insurance for Kelce

121 Diesch OT - Starter day one at RT. Niang can be swing T
135 Philips WR - Underrated wr, security blanket, next Renfrow.

233 A. Anderson Edge - Way to good to pass up here. Risky but its 233.
243 Noah Ellis DL - Great value, also position of need. Immediate rotation
251 Kevin Harris RB - WOW, this has to be the guy Veach is thinking about.
259 Luke Wattenberg IOL - back up C/G He can play.

I felt really good about this but I completely whiffed on CB and S!! Every round I thought I could get one later but NO!
ITS WAY HARD! But SO FUN!

Woogieman 04-25-2022 11:09 AM

I like this one...a great haul. I probably would have gone "best corner" (Zyon McCollum) at #103, but Dulcich is still a good addition. I would probably have taken Anderson at #94, but Chenal is a good player as well. Adam Anderson at 233 I like, and I like Ellis to make the team in 2023. Good work!

chiefforlife 04-25-2022 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 16260846)
I like this one...a great haul. I probably would have gone "best corner" (Zyon McCollum) at #103, but Dulcich is still a good addition. I would probably have taken Anderson at #94, but Chenal is a good player as well. Adam Anderson at 233 I like, and I like Ellis to make the team in 2023. Good work!

Thanks Man! It is much harder than it looks. I was shocked that I couldnt or didnt land a CB.
I LOVE Anderson at LB, that was a tough one for sure, just had to give the slight edge to Chenal. Id be happy with either.

Im worried about Kelce or not having anyone behind him. I think Dulcich would be amazing and solve a REAL problem.

Nightfyre 04-29-2022 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 16255774)
Alright. The chiefs have 38 roster locks and 8 bubble players by my estimate.
QB: Mahomes, Buechle, Henne (0 need)
RB: Helaire, Jones, Williams, Gore, Burton (0 need)
WR: Scantling, Smith-Schuster, Hardman, (bubble: Gordon, Dieter, Fountain) (need 2-3, only MVS is on contract next year)
TE: Kelce, Gray, Fortson, Bell (0 need)
OT: Brown, Wylie, Niang, (bubble: Wanogho) (need 1)
IOL: Humphrey, Smith, Thuney, Router, Allegretti (0 need)
DE: Clark, Danna (bubble: Kaindoh) (need 2-3, Clark gone after this year.)
DT: Jones, Nnadi, Saunders, Wharton (need 1)
LB: Bolton, Gay (bubble: Harris) (need 2-3)
CB: Sneed, Fenton (bubble: Baker, Barcoo) (need 2-3)
S: Reid, Thornhill (bubble: Bush) (need 1-2)
ST: Butker, Townsend, Winchester

Overall this means that the Chiefs need to add 11-16 players to compete for roster spots between the draft and PFAs.

To compete for starting positions, the chiefs need 1 DE, 1 WR, 1 LB, 1 DT, and 1 CB. 1 S is also critically important.

Just wanted to revisit this following the first three rounds. For critical needs, I think we still need a DT. The chiefs may consider another 1-2 WR critical as well to provide continuity into 2023.

To challenge bubble players, we need:
1-2 Edge (depending on internal assessment of Kaindoh and prospective veteran signings)
1-2 CB
0-1 S (depending on the assessment of Bush as a roster lock vs bubble)
0-1 OT (depending on the internal assessment of Wanogho)

Anyone else see roster gaps that need increased competition? Any differences of opinion on roster locks versus bubble players?

kccrow 04-30-2022 12:32 AM

QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne, S. Buechele, A. Gordon
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Jones, D. Gore, B. Knox
FB: M. Burton
TE: T. Kelce, N. Gray, J. Fortson, B. Bell, 5 other guys
WR: J. Smith-Schuster, M. Valdes-Scantling, M. Hardman, S. Moore, J. Gordon, C. Coleman, D. Fountain, J. Watson, C. Powell, G. Jennings, O. Bayless
OT: O. Brown Jr, G. Christian, A. Wylie, L. Niang, R. Johnson (OG?), P. Wanogho
OG: T. Smith, J. Thuney, N. Allegretti
OC: C. Humphrey, A. Reiter, D. Williams

DE: F. Clark, G. Karlaftis, M. Danna, J. Kaindoh, M. Herring, J. Woodard, A. Edwards
DT: C. Jones, D. Nnadi, T. Stallworth, T. Wharton, K. Saunders, C. Broughton, L. Neal, D. Stills
LB: N. Bolton, W. Gay, L. Chenal, J. Carter, E. Lee, D. Harris
CB: L. Sneed, T. McDuffie, R. Fenton, D. Baker, L. Barcoo, D. Bootle, B. Dandridge
SF: J. Reid, J. Thornhill, B. Cook, D. Bush, Z. Anderson, D. Key

ST: T. Townsend, H. Butker, J. Winchester

Bolded guys I see as pretty much locks.
QB(0) - Probably not unless Howell falls to the 5th and they just see a nice value for a longer-term backup they can flip for more later
RB(1) - I don't doubt they add a guy to this stable, especially a guy that has some speed and can catch
TE(1) - Not a guy on this roster is capable of replacing Kelce in the event of a catastrophe and there are at least 4 on the board now that are better prospects than anything we have.
WR(0) - They have plenty to pick from plus UDFAs, so I'll be surprised unless value slaps them squarely in the face.
OT(1) - 2 guys on 1-year deals and Niang's future is up in the air.
OG(0) - They'll have depth from the tackles spot or can hang onto a guy like Johnson
OC(0) - They're good.
DE(1) - Could definitely use another guy but there's not much left on the vine. Might end up filling this with a FA.
DT(0) - As much as I'd like one, they don't "need" one. Might have their eyes on the future though.
LB(0) - This is a very solid stable now.
CB(1) - Definitely need at least one more and could use some UDFAs to compete too
SF(0) - Don't see much need except UDFA camp fodder.

Bowser 04-30-2022 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16255887)
I'm going to laugh if Veach trades up for a CB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16257551)
I'm really going to laugh if we don't take a WR in the first round. The amount of bitching and whining between the end of round 1 and our pick at 50 is going to be amazing to watch.

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1360a746...6105c3f79.gifv

Not mocking you here with that, lol. Just a pretty solid take when everyone and their mothers were expecting us to take a receiver and not even sniff a corner.

The Franchise 05-01-2022 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 16274938)
https://64.media.tumblr.com/1360a746...6105c3f79.gifv

Not mocking you here with that, lol. Just a pretty solid take when everyone and their mothers were expecting us to take a receiver and not even sniff a corner.

I laughed during the entire first round. That also could have been because I kept seeing Superturtle’s picture.