ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Hello! [RIP RandallFlagg] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340620)

Peter Gibbons 11-04-2021 06:09 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My deepest condolences.

Molitoth 11-04-2021 06:18 PM

Respect!

crazycoffey 11-04-2021 06:28 PM

Sorry for your loss. My father passed away this year too. It’s completely life altering. My thoughts and good wishes/prayers are with you and your family. Remember; you can only control what you can control. Focus on his memories and emulate the attributes you admired the most.

ThyKingdomCome15 11-04-2021 06:29 PM

In those other countries they view charity very differently. If you're not helping their clan then you're aiding the enemy. That's so horrible and I deeply honor his bravery and charity work. God rest his soul.

Thank you for this update. What a brave man!

Easy 6 11-04-2021 06:32 PM

Can we just go ahead and pin this for a little bit, mods?

Been kinda waiting, it seems appropriate

Coochie liquor 11-04-2021 06:32 PM

Wow. I am so sorry not only to read this about a true hero, but also for you who have lost your father. I did not know him personally, but as a member of this forum I do indeed grieve for him, you, and your family. Bless up to you Christopher. May your memories be filled with the happiness that your father brought you. One love!!

MVChiefFan 11-04-2021 06:34 PM

So sorry for your loss. He’s a true hero and we appreciate him and your family, greatly.

BryanBusby 11-04-2021 06:36 PM

Not a falseflagg afterall? Damn. Condolences. RIP

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11-04-2021 06:37 PM

RIP to your father. Only the good die young. And yes, he was young.

mlyonsd 11-04-2021 06:37 PM

Godspeed to your dad and family.

Some people run into a fire to help. They are a special breed.

Rain Man 11-04-2021 06:38 PM

I'm really sorry to hear this. He was a good guy that I enjoyed getting to know on this board. Best wishes to his family, and I'm going to miss hearing from him.

stevieray 11-04-2021 06:40 PM

RIP, STUD. You lived a life others could only dream of...

Salute.

Thank you for posting this. My condolences to you and your family.

stevieray 11-04-2021 06:43 PM

<iframe width="688" height="382" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ccduz30yvd0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raiderhater 11-04-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15934608)
<iframe width="688" height="382" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ccduz30yvd0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know, forty years of life and I'm just now learning that there are lyrics to Taps.

Halfcan 11-04-2021 06:56 PM

So sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.

He was a true hero and will be missed.

Demonpenz 11-04-2021 07:52 PM

He was not trolled because he was american badass.

Easy 6 11-04-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 15934784)
He was not trolled because he was american badass.

Your contributions are always valued penz, thanks bud

backinblack 11-04-2021 08:02 PM

Ah damn. I'm not exactly privy to a lot of posters on this site, but I really did enjoy his posts. RIP.

ShowtimeSBMVP 11-04-2021 08:10 PM

So sorry to hear this Christopher RIP to your dad.

Chris Meck 11-04-2021 08:30 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this.

alanm 11-04-2021 08:38 PM

This story shall the good man teach his son,
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers.
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother.
(King Henry V, Act 4 Scene 3

RIP Randall God speed.

mnchiefsguy 11-04-2021 08:41 PM

RIP Sir.

Megatron96 11-04-2021 08:41 PM

RIP

Monty 11-04-2021 08:41 PM

So sorry to hear this. He had my respect and 🙏🏻 for you and your family. RIP

Baby Lee 11-04-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 15934627)
You know, forty years of life and I'm just now learning that there are lyrics to Taps.

Day is done. . . .

IowaHawkeyeChief 11-04-2021 09:00 PM

I'm super sad to hear the news. He was truly a great American and understood the true cost of freedom and the reality we face in this country with the erosion of freedoms. I had hopes of meeting him sometime in Wyoming when I passed through on the way to Montana. I also would enjoy reading his book if it was/will be published. Unfortunately, it sounds as though he went to clean up some of that afghan debacle...so in memory of your Dad, "LET'S GO BRANDON!". I also hope he left you the location where all of his guns fell out of the boat and are at the bottom of the lake... ;)

threebag 11-04-2021 09:05 PM

RIP RandallFlagg

Frazod 11-04-2021 09:11 PM

<iframe width="670" height="377" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jhdFe3evXpk" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HonestChieffan 11-04-2021 09:19 PM

Sad news for sure.

RIP Hero.

KS Smitty 11-04-2021 09:25 PM

So sorry to hear this. He truly was a great American, may he rest peacefully. Prayers for peace and comfort to you and yours. Godspeed

Simply Red 11-04-2021 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 15933430)
Hello folks here..

My name is Christopher and I am (was) RandallFlaggs son. I tried days ago to post a quick message about my Father but for some reason it wouldn't take?

My Father passed sometime between July 28th and August 30th of this year. He died attempting to help people who could not help themselves. I can't/won't go into much detail but needless to say, his family (my Mother, Sister and I) are devastated, however we know that he wouldn't have his service be any other way.

It was a private venture into another country and he was to provide logistic support for other men. Unfortunately, as they were achieving their goal of helping folks out, they faced an ambush and may Father and 2 others were killed. I have it on good authority though that he took several with him, though.

Mom talked about how much he loved engaging on this forum. She gave me his logon information and I thought I would post this quick note to inform all of his passing. Sorry, it has taken a while to commemorate Dad, but we were asked to "keep it under wraps" for a time.

Thanks to all of you who wrote to him on his time here.

Goodbye Chief!! You will be remembered forever. RIP Dad.

Christopher A

Hello Christopher,

I'm sorry to hear of this, I know it's hard on you and your family. Be as strong as you can in this time, for your family and I'm sure they'll do the same bud. Your dad was a good man and well received by the crowd here on Chiefs Planet. I would love if one day you'd make an account of your own and hang out with us. Would love to have you post more when the time is right for you.

All the best to you.

Chiefs4TheWin 11-04-2021 10:15 PM

Ahhh damn. RIP. So sorry to hear :(. Thoughts and prayers.

LongSufferingToady 11-04-2021 10:17 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. May your dad rest knowing he changed lives.

Prison Bitch 11-04-2021 10:24 PM

America is losing more of these hard asses by the day

Portends poorly for the future.

You hate me saying it, but it needs to be said

Mizzou_8541 11-04-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15935001)

+1

Fish 11-04-2021 10:33 PM

So sorry for your loss. Condolences.

jdubya 11-04-2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 15935001)

I don't hate you nor any of your posts/threads. I may disagree with many.....but certainly not this one

sully1983 11-04-2021 11:30 PM

So sorry for your loss Christopher. I sincerely wish all the best to you and the rest of your family. I haven't been on here all that long but your dad was an incredible poster on here and a patriot irl. RIP to RandalFlagg. Your dad will never be forgotten

Al Czervik 11-04-2021 11:34 PM

Damn sorry to hear this....
I enjoyed all my interactions with your Dad.
Quality all around great guy!!!

RIP Randallflagg!!!

Rasputin 11-05-2021 12:18 AM

I'm not taking deaths well too many lately I'm sorry to hear this although didn't interact much with him I've always liked him as a poster and thought was a cool guy.

I'd rather it be me than the loved ones of others

Rukdafaidas 11-05-2021 05:21 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss, Christopher. Prayers for you and your family. RIP Randallflagg.

luv 11-05-2021 07:20 AM

I'm sorry for your loss. RIP.

ChiTown 11-05-2021 07:43 AM

Paid the ultimate sacrifice of putting his life in danger in order to save others. Amazing courage. God bless your Family, Christopher. RIP, Randall. You will be missed.

Abba-Dabba 11-05-2021 08:17 AM

That sucks. Sorry for your loss.

And here I thought he was elderly, undergoing cancer treatments and writing a book. I would love to learn more about his life and his final moments. It sounds like some hero stuff.

scho63 11-05-2021 08:23 AM

Randall was a great guy and we shared similar ideology. Really sad to hear this.

May you and your family have God's love and support as he welcomes your father, a true hero.

RIP

kepp 11-05-2021 09:19 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that news. Randall seemed like a good guy...straight shooter. And as it turns out, he definitely backed up his words with actions. I thank your father for his service and I thank you and your family for the support that undoubtedly allowed it.

RIP

Shaid 11-05-2021 09:31 AM

I think most of us have a good idea of where he went. Balls of steel. God speed and thank you for your service.

HayWire 11-05-2021 10:53 AM

Thanks mods for moving this. Can I speak my peace without this going back to DC?

If not...**** off. (just kidding you bunch of pansies).

True story....

I was outside mowing and couldn't help but but keep thinking of this thread. Stopped the mower and came inside to make a post that will get ignored.

Right wing, left wing....doesnt matter. Swallow your pride and say God Bless/Biden/Abdulag/Gondi/Trump.

I never thought we would see the day when we would fight each other over stupid shit. Covid/Non-Covid...Vaxed-NonVaxed...

At some point both sides need to just shake ****ing hands and "agree to disagree"

I've lost family in the military and have more left in.

My son, to this day, knows respect. He is 10 years old and knows he better go shake the hand of a vet. We was at a McDs a couple of months a go and he got up and went to shake a hand.....the vet was confused. My son pointed to his hat and said thank you. Shook his hand and walked away.

We'll never know his name or see him again.....but it wouldn't have happened without people like Mr. Flagg.

I'd give my savings ($3.57) to have my 10 year old shake his hand and say thank you.

RIP Mr. Flagg

[IMG]<iframe width="1024" height="768" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wSFWdN-gtOQ" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4Zb6-pzRVm4" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BleedingRed 11-05-2021 11:38 AM

RIP

Shiver Me Timbers 11-05-2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 15935394)
I think most of us have a good idea of where he went. Balls of steel. God speed and thank you for your service.

Agree. I hope his son will log on in the future with more info and let us know if Randall finished his book.

Easy 6 11-05-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers (Post 15935968)
Agree. I hope his son will log on in the future with more info and let us know if Randall finished his book.

He told me it was done, and in the DC thread he confirms it by saying its 256 pages and 10 chapters

HayWire 11-05-2021 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15935988)
He told me it was done, and in the DC thread he confirms it by saying its 256 pages and 10 chapters

I want a copy

ROYC75 11-05-2021 01:23 PM

Christopher I'm so sad to hear the news your father. Hel was a man's man, he was very respectful to all and served his country honorably. What's more than meets the eye, he is one of many buildings pieces this country was built on. I give my condolences and may God give an abundance of Love, Comfort and Peace of Mind for you and your family. May you rest in peace Randall Flagg, Thank You for your service. I am honored to call you my friend. Until later brother, already miss ya!

SuperBowl4 11-05-2021 01:24 PM

:usa:

ROYC75 11-05-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HayWire (Post 15936006)
I want a copy

AS DO I.

jdubya 11-05-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

I was just reading that thread. Very late February he said it was going to be published in 8 weeks. It should have come out very late April or early May if my higher math is on point.

FlaChief58 11-05-2021 02:01 PM

RIP

George Liquor 11-05-2021 03:08 PM

Dang, that sucks. I was always jealous of his soon to be laying low out in Wyoming (a dream of mine too).

He was an interesting personality and will surely be missed around here.

RIP old timer

Perineum Ripper 11-05-2021 03:50 PM

During my quick trip to Afghanistan a few months ago to help get citizens out that were left, I had heard about an ambush and we tried to respond. Don’t know if it was Randall or not, we did try to get out to that area. We were stopped due heavy fire and only being 4 of us trying to get there.

If that was him, I’m sorry I was not able to get there quicker, not being able to help, not being there with his outfit. I hope your family finds peace

Easy 6 11-05-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15936363)
During my quick trip to Afghanistan a few months ago to help get citizens out that were left, I had heard about an ambush and we tried to respond. Don’t know if it was Randall or not, we did try to get out to that area. We were stopped due heavy fire and only being 4 of us trying to get there.

If that was him, I’m sorry I was not able to get there quicker, not being able to help, not being there with his outfit. I hope your family finds peace

I kinda figured you would've gotten wind of that situation, I'm still just stupefied that he was even there to begin with... the ****ing BALLS on that old dude

Frazod 11-05-2021 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 15936363)

Man, that sucks. The whole situation is just sickening. :shake:

HemiEd 11-05-2021 05:18 PM

One of the good guys gone, he will be missed. My sincerest condolences to your family. RIP RandallFlagg

Reerun_KC 11-05-2021 06:20 PM

This guy was a true American hero and legend. This is truly sad and he will be missed more than many will know. Much respect for his sacrifice to protect us all.

Ps mods. Thanks for removing the old thread where our vile dogshit humans like rodeo and cosmo, etc were posting their usual moronic disgusting tripe. Much respect for that action.

Randallflagg 11-05-2021 09:40 PM

Hello again!

I came in this afternoon from taking care of the stock to find my Mother crying her eyes out, reading these responses. In her words, These are truly great people to post these wonderful responses. They have truly made her feel better (if that is possible).

One of my Dad's best friends, a retired Colonel, who was with them on their trip has contacted my Dad's publisher and asked to do a "final chapter" in his book. They are currently working that out. As soon as it becomes available I will let you all know.

Still, I can not thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart for the kind messages that you have all posted. My Father, although "elderly" was never one to shy away from what he considered to be his duty. Mom tried to talk him out of going, but she knew it was a waste of time so, as many times in the past, she kissed him goodbye and told him "See you when you get back". Unfortunately, this was his last ride. Knowing my Father however, he would have wanted it this way.

Now, his ranch is on my shoulders to take care of and I will. Every day when I see the sun coming up, his horse stomping around in the barn, coffee on the stove, I think of him fondly.

God bless you all. Thanks again for your kind responses.

Christopher

Easy 6 11-05-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randallflagg (Post 15936828)
Hello again!

I came in this afternoon from taking care of the stock to find my Mother crying her eyes out, reading these responses. In her words, These are truly great people to post these wonderful responses. They have truly made her feel better (if that is possible).

One of my Dad's best friends, a retired Colonel, who was with them on their trip has contacted my Dad's publisher and asked to do a "final chapter" in his book. They are currently working that out. As soon as it becomes available I will let you all know.

Still, I can not thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart for the kind messages that you have all posted. My Father, although "elderly" was never one to shy away from what he considered to be his duty. Mom tried to talk him out of going, but she knew it was a waste of time so, as many times in the past, she kissed him goodbye and told him "See you when you get back". Unfortunately, this was his last ride. Knowing my Father however, he would have wanted it this way.

Now, his ranch is on my shoulders to take care of and I will. Every day when I see the sun coming up, his horse stomping around in the barn, coffee on the stove, I think of him fondly.

Christopher

Thank you so much for updating us, and by all means we want that book... please let us know how to get it when possible

Your old man, just wow... words aren't enough

Bwana 11-05-2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Hello again!

Christopher

Thanks for the update Christopher, hopefully you can stick around and post every so often.

stevieray 11-05-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Hello again!

Christopher

You are undoubtedly very proud of your father, and you should be..it's pretty evident he and your mom raised one hell of a son.

Good fortune to you with the ranch.

:rockon:

p.s. Can't wait to read your father's words.

cdcox 11-05-2021 11:58 PM

Christopher, I’m so sorry for the loss that you and your mother are going through. I’m glad you both have fond memories by which to remember and honor him.

Fishpicker 11-06-2021 05:11 AM

RIP Randall

it seems like Randall was one of those rare combinations, a good guy and a total bad ass.

I'm looking forward to the book

Chiefs=Champions 11-06-2021 04:24 PM

Sorry to hear that. RIP to your dad

Otter 11-06-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 15937037)
RIP Randall

it seems like Randall was one of those rare combinations, a good guy and a total bad ass.

I'm looking forward to the book

This.

When the memories go into circulation please scream it loud and proud so no one that wants to read them misses the chance.

I shall do the same.

lewdog 11-06-2021 05:40 PM

This is a rare kind of man. ALWAYS share his story because even with a sad ending, it's incredible.

My condolences to all who knew him.

Bowser 11-07-2021 08:36 AM

Condolences to you and your family, Christopher. Your father seemed to be an honorable man who loved his country and backed up his talk. We should all be so lucky to have such a person in our family.

Godspeed, Randall.

Marcellus 11-07-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15936369)
I kinda figured you would've gotten wind of that situation, I'm still just stupefied that he was even there to begin with... the ****ing BALLS on that old dude

Some people liked to talk shit on Randall and his views but the fact is he walked the walk not just the talk which trumps 99% of this board. You could tell he was a man of convictions.

Warrior doing Warrior shit. RIP.

I have as much respect or more for Randall as any person in this forum.

Easy 6 11-07-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15938774)
Some people liked to talk shit on Randall and his views but the fact is he walked the walk not just the talk which trumps 99% of this board. You could tell he was a man of convictions.

No lie... the life he led from Vietnam, to his military intelligence experience, to his final act of supreme bravery at an advanced age is a genuine marvel, and incredible example for ALL Americans

Sure wish his son would let us know how to get that book...

HC_Chief 11-07-2021 05:05 PM

Until Valhalla, Randall...
Many of us hope one day to be worthy, but we likely shall never come close. RIP. What an absolute badass and selfless warrior.

Shiver Me Timbers 11-07-2021 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15938774)

The man who posted under the alias Randallflagg is a hero PERIOD. Those who spoke ill of this man are cowards. Politics be damned. God Bless you the man we knew as Randall. and Peace to his family. Christopher- Your father IS a hero and a Patriot. This country would not exist were it not FOR men like him.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

DCTwister 11-07-2021 07:42 PM

Dammit reading this thread makes me super proud of being an American. Thank you for your sacrifice to our country and friends, Randall.

FRCDFED 11-07-2021 08:11 PM

RIP. Prayers for family and friends

Abba-Dabba 11-07-2021 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15938806)
No lie... the life he led from Vietnam, to his military intelligence experience, to his final act of supreme bravery at an advanced age is a genuine marvel, and incredible example for ALL Americans

Sure wish his son would let us know how to get that book...

Me too. I'd like some info to be able to preorder.

I'm really interested in hearing about the time he said he spent in Moscow in the 80's while the Soviet's still ruled. Life in an embassy must be much more boring than it sounds. But who knows. Maybe it is all the glitz, glamor and spy stuff like in the movies.