ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop Free Backpacks! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352410)

Why Not? 02-18-2024 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17409146)
Yeah, since I'm the returnee, there's not much I can do. And obviously the original addresses are bogus.

My association does have an annual garage sale day, so I guess I can sell these things for $10 a piece. That'll buy a meal for two at a cheap restaurant, assuming prices don't go up any higher over the summer.

Um, have you not been to a restaurant for awhile? $10 will get you a dinner salad.

Frazod 02-18-2024 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 17409205)
Um, have you not been to a restaurant for awhile? $10 will get you a dinner salad.

It should still buy a decent meal for two at Freddy's.

4th and Long 02-18-2024 08:23 PM

Trade you a backpack for an updated THREE trophy avatar? :D

https://images4.imagebam.com/85/57/81/MES3P9O_o.jpg

Frazod 02-18-2024 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 17409215)
Trade you a backpack for an updated THREE trophy avatar? :D

https://images4.imagebam.com/85/57/81/MES3P9O_o.jpg

Sure, why not! :D

Indian Chief 02-18-2024 08:29 PM

I read an article about this a while back. It is an Amazon/Chinese scam. The article I read was written because some woman had dozens of packages showing up at her house and Amazon was doing nothing to help her. Shit was just piling up. The scam part doesn't affect you, unless you end up in her situation, it has more to do with fake reviews if I recall correctly. I just remember thinking how weird the whole thing was.

mlyonsd 02-18-2024 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17409189)
There's another thought! :D

If you're up for some hijinks put a box of donuts in one and leave it at a local police station front door. I'm sure RM can give you the name of a good attorney.

Frazod 02-18-2024 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17409224)
I read an article about this a while back. It is an Amazon/Chinese scam. The article I read was written because some woman had dozens of packages showing up at her house and Amazon was doing nothing to help her. Shit was just piling up. The scam part doesn't affect you, unless you end up in her situation, it has more to do with fake reviews if I recall correctly. I just remember thinking how weird the whole thing was.

I have a really big trash can. That won't be an issue.

Honestly I was concerned that it might be part of some title fraud thing; part of a plot where a scammer tries to prove residency by providing proof that he sent mail from my house. God knows what sort of crap people might try to pull these days.

mlyonsd 02-18-2024 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17409230)

Honestly I was concerned that it might be part of some title fraud thing; part of a plot where a scammer tries to prove residency by providing proof that he sent mail from my house. God knows what sort of crap people might try to pull these days.

People using bullshit open source systems to steal personal information to commit fraud should have a bullet placed in their heads.

big nasty kcnut 02-18-2024 09:04 PM

If they drop off I phone I want one. I need a bigger screen

stumppy 02-18-2024 09:06 PM

A friend of mine received a box of Panini NFL player cards and a retail promotion kit sent out by Panini addressed to him at his address. Thing is he has no idea why they were sent to him. Hell he doesn't even watch sports and hates football. After they sit around collecting dust he gave the box to me.
I sold all the cards on ebay in about 1 month for a bit over $600. At that time I noticed several people on there selling the same cards. Somebody at Panini really screwed up.

kcfan75 02-18-2024 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17409230)

If a squatter tries to claim my house, I'll bring my friends Ruger and Smith and Wesson to come talk to him.

Eleazar 02-18-2024 10:32 PM

I've had emails from Chinese junk sellers on Amazon (which is a redundant phrase I know) offering to give a free product in exchange for a positive review. The deal was that you go and buy it on Amazon and send them your receipt and they'd send you an Amazon gift card, and afterward you would get to keep the junk.

I presume these reviews are more valuable to them because it says "verified purchase" or whatever.

Maybe they don't follow through on the gift card or people are just trying to double-dip - once they get the gift card they try to return the product for a refund, only the return address is bogus...?

Flying High D 02-19-2024 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17409138)
My cousin Kelly had this happen about 4-5 times over a few months. Tried returning 20 times with no luck so she kept the stuff that was sent.

Pics of cousin?

crispystl 02-19-2024 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17409112)
A couple of months ago, a couple of packages sent by USPS showed up on my porch. Kind of surprising, since I hadn't ordered anything. They were marked "return to sender" and the sender address was mine, but with a name I'd never seen before. Both contained brand new backpacks, both of which seemed rather decent. Not needing a backpack, but being somebody who never throws anything away, I chucked them in the basement and didn't give the matter any additional thought.

So yesterday, there were two more packages on my porch, again marked "return to sender," from my address, and again with the name of person whom I don't know and certainly doesn't live in my house. I've been called many things over the years, but never Robert Gallagher. It then occurred to me that some seller on Amazon or similar site must be fraudulently using my address, but actually shipping things to customers, and if the items aren't addressed properly, they come to me. At least that's all I can come up with that makes any sense. Perhaps I should go into business selling this clown's mis-delivered shit. Frazod's Wayward Backpacks could be a real financial boon! Assuming I get more of them.

Has anything like this ever happened to anybody here? Should I take it up with the local post office? It doesn't really seem like anything to be concerned about, but it certainly is strange.

It could be a 3rd party Amazon international seller. They send a bunch of product to fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) and amazon ships the products as they sell. Any items sold this way and returned have to be sent back to the 3rd party seller (Amazon won't just resell them) so it's possible the 3rd party seller provides Amazon with a random address for those because it's cheaper to just dump them than pay customs to receive them back.