ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Open letter to Coach Spags (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329362)

St. Patty's Fire 02-17-2020 12:48 PM

It’s sure nice having a defensive coach who gameplans around his opponent instead of the “this is what we do” style coaching of a Sutton.

You can even see what that kind of style does to a team with elite defensive talent, like the Niners. You play the same scheme over and over, you’re gonna get burned, even if you have the most talented D in the league.

SuperBowl4 02-17-2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 14799420)
That Superbowl was just as much a defensive win as an offensive win.

True. Just want the Defense to play 60 minutes of smothering D. Is that asking too much? :thumb:

Megatron96 02-17-2020 02:50 PM

How much truth is there to the rumor that Spags wants to try being a HC again in the near future?

candyman 02-17-2020 02:57 PM

He's definitely no Greg Robinson

MeaTy The Pimp 02-17-2020 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candyman (Post 14800039)
He's definitely no Greg Robinson

Nut-hooks for mentioning him and his _efense.

R Clark 02-17-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14800023)
How much truth is there to the rumor that Spags wants to try being a HC again in the near future?

None I hope , where did you hear this nasty rumor?

InChiefsHeaven 02-17-2020 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14799413)
Now let's get better next season and see some shutouts so the offense doesn't have to rally and bail out your defense in the playoffs and Super Bowl !

:spock:

your and idiot...

Kiimo 02-17-2020 03:30 PM

Watching Chiefs/Rams on NFL Network.

My God our defense is so utter garbage in this game it is unbelievable how much better it ended up being with Spags

Chief Northman 02-17-2020 03:31 PM

This was well-written by Stout. I’m not always a fan of his draft prospect evaluations, but he understands x and o’s and does a great job of film breakdown.

SuperBowl4 02-17-2020 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 14800112)
:spock:

your and idiot...

Because I want the CHIEFS Defense to be even better next year? ROFL "your" "and" douchebag

Wallcrawler 02-17-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperBowl4 (Post 14800138)
Because I want the CHIEFS Defense to be even better next year? ROFL "your" "and" douchebag

Ok dumbass, but the offense wasn't having to bail out the defense. What the hell are you talking about?

The offense started slow every single game in the postseason.

2 games, we had the lead at half and never looked back, and in the SB they held the #1 scoring offense to 20 points.

Defense did their ****ing jobs.

When you have Mahomes and hold the other team under 30, you win.

big nasty kcnut 02-17-2020 05:13 PM

My dad did say that it would take about half a season to adjust to a new defense and he was right and the results were beautiful.

chiefzilla1501 02-17-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14800023)

I don't know if I've heard anyone say that except just assuming he would. I don't really know why he'd want that. He's in a perfect situation now. Why leave it?

But... if he did walk away, I'd be more than happy to give Brendan Daly the keys.

pugsnotdrugs19 02-17-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14800127)
This was well-written by Stout. I’m not always a fan of his draft prospect evaluations, but he understands x and o’s and does a great job of film breakdown.

I like listening to those AP guys on their podcast but every now and then they have a take where I’m just like.... what the ****.

The one that sticks out big time is they were saying that Wylie needed to play LG over Wisniewski right before the playoffs started, and made it sound as if Wis was just really bad. Never really understood that one, at all.

But hey, they’re right more often than not.

SuperBowl4 02-17-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 14800268)
Ok dumbass, but the offense wasn't having to bail out the defense. What the hell are you talking about?

The offense started slow every single game in the postseason.

2 games, we had the lead at half and never looked back, and in the SB they held the #1 scoring offense to 20 points.

Defense did their ****ing jobs.

When you have Mahomes and hold the other team under 30, you win.

The defense could be better, right? Against Houston in the playoffs they gave up 17 early. They came out soft. Were they part of the winning Super Bowl team? F-YES! Could they be even better next year? F-YES! Just say'n. I want a shutout. It's been a few years. Why do you hate on me for wanting a CHIEFS smothering D? Why? For the love of Pete!