ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Best of Times - Kurt Russell & Peyton Manning (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336733)

Frazod 02-07-2021 01:39 AM

Definitely worth a watch if you've never seen it. Williams is great as Jack Dundee, a dorky loser haunted by a single act of epic failure that nobody will let him forget (especially himself) and the lengths he goes to in order to try to rewrite his personal history. While Russell's character is important, the story is Jack's. Admittedly it's a bit silly and predictable, but well made and featuring a great cast.

I won't say its a great movie, but very good. It's definitely one of those movies that's a remote dropper for me.

Graystoke 02-07-2021 09:38 AM

I have huge respect for Peyton. He made a FaceTime call to my co-workers child who was severely injured in a mower accident. Dudes the real deal. He lifted spirits of a child

jjjayb 02-07-2021 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 15522323)
That was great. Damn, I miss Robin.

Love Kurt Russell though. Always liked him as an actor, and can't really think of a movie he ever did that I didn't like. But he also always came across as just a real guy. Someone that you'd probably really enjoy hanging out with.

In real life he is exactly what you would think. A real guy you could have a beer with.

Deberg_1990 02-07-2021 10:48 AM

Just started watching. Noticed Kirk Cameron plays Kurt Russels son.

Also, the film was written by Ron Shelton, a guy who certainly knows how to make a sports flick. Bull Durham, White Men Can’t Jump, Tin Cup.

DaneMcCloud 02-07-2021 11:56 AM

Great movie! I couldn't even count the number of times I've watched it over the years but it has to be well above 40 viewings and probably more.

I also really enjoy Peyton's ESPN+ series, especially when he's baggin' on Tom Brady but this episode felt way to scripted for me to truly enjoy.

Kurt Russell is still the coolest ****ing guy in the room.

Demonpenz 02-07-2021 12:03 PM

Have you guys seen that documentery of Kurt Russells dad and baseball?

Buehler445 02-07-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 15532355)
I have huge respect for Peyton. He made a FaceTime call to my co-workers child who was severely injured in a mower accident. Dudes the real deal. He lifted spirits of a child

Awesome.

eDave 02-07-2021 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15532608)
Great movie! I couldn't even count the number of times I've watched it over the years but it has to be well above 40 viewings and probably more.

I also really enjoy Peyton's ESPN+ series, especially when he's baggin' on Tom Brady but this episode felt way to scripted for me to truly enjoy.

Kurt Russell is still the coolest ****ing guy in the room.

I lived in Bakersfield for 5 years and the Taft/Bakersfield hate is real. Taft smells like natural gas and it is ill advised to light a smoke within one mile of that shithole. I didn't even piss there on my way to Pismo Beach to thread the dunes and feast on fresh Hallibut.

PurpleJesus28 02-07-2021 03:03 PM

The whole movie is also free on Youtube right now.It drags in parts for me,but its still a great watch.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sDix3eai7XY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Frazod 02-07-2021 03:46 PM

One of my favorite scenes is in the garage, where Reno is about to toss Jack's keys to him. He starts the throwing motion, then stops, gets up and hands him the keys instead. That was brutal. LMAO

Baby Lee 02-07-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 15533286)
One of my favorite scenes is in the garage, where Reno is about to toss Jack's keys to him. He starts the throwing motion, then stops, gets up and hands him the keys instead. That was brutal. LMAO

The scene where they try to sneak in watching the game while also trying to have a double dinner date is comedic perfection.

Frazod 02-07-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15533303)
The scene where they try to sneak in watching the game while also trying to have a double dinner date is comedic perfection.

They're 0 and 17 between them! LMAO

anabela 03-29-2021 11:58 AM

I'd watch it as I’ve never seen it before.

PurpleJesus28 04-02-2021 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anabela (Post 15606974)
I'd watch it as I’ve never seen it before.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wi8Ez1mwRcKGI/giphy.gif

eDave 04-03-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15517531)
Peyton's Places is [un]surprisingly enjoyable all through.
Peytie-pie has a knack for editing, improv and comedic timing.

And that little shot of him calling his dad his favorite QB gets me every single time.

Every time I post me performing, my Dad always responds and I always thank him for his talent. He played organ.