ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Falcons taking calls on Julio Jones (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338036)

Skyy God 06-06-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15698905)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full terms:<br>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Falcons</a> get a 2022 2nd round pick and Atlanta gets the titans 4 in 2023 and they give back their 6 in 2023. <br>The Titans get Julio Jones.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1401572428904648708?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Flying Spaghetti Monster be praised.

None of this TrueFan, Pollyanna, speculative nonsense in my life.

Peter Gibbons 06-06-2021 11:30 AM

Well, I guess that we didn’t have the required post count in this thread to allow the football gods to send him our way. So much for Julio wanting to play for a QB who can throw it to him deep lol.

Mecca 06-06-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15698905)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Full terms:<br>The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Falcons?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Falcons</a> get a 2022 2nd round pick and Atlanta gets the titans 4 in 2023 and they give back their 6 in 2023. <br>The Titans get Julio Jones.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1401572428904648708?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How does Green Bay not top that offer? Oh I know they're run by a bunch of dumbasses.

Rainbarrel 06-06-2021 11:36 AM

Julio Jones Watt?

Mecca 06-06-2021 11:37 AM

This doesn't do much for Tennessee, they still have a terrible defense and a marginal QB.

King_Chief_Fan 06-06-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15698916)
This doesn't do much for Tennessee, they still have a terrible defense and a marginal QB.

really?

ThaVirus 06-06-2021 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15698902)
Where exactly did I “write him off”?

The only difference between now and then is he has a much better team around him and he’s been healthy.

He is who he is. He’s a solid regular season QB, but not the kind of QB that’s going to consistently win playoff games with a bad defense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12247483)
I want to see what Gase can do with him and all this talent before I write him off completely.

Then these came after Gase..:

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14021550)
You clearly haven’t watched much of the Dolphins or Tannehill if you don’t realize that he was maxed out as a player with Gase.

Tannehill has reached his ceiling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14021595)
I live in South Florida so the Fins are like a second team (that I hate) and even the fans that wanted Gase gone will tell you he got the most out of Tannehill.

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14021613)
Cutler had one of his best years with Gase (career low INT’s and career high QBR) and he got the most out of Tannehill despite the fact that he’s been a brokedick since he got there.

Mecca 06-06-2021 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 15698919)
really?

Yea really, it basically makes them the south favorite, as far as getting deep in the playoffs not really.

PHOG 06-06-2021 11:48 AM

I knew we wouldn't get him all along. :harumph:

:mad:

Kiimo 06-06-2021 12:05 PM

What I'm not hearing is Atlanta is covering any of his salary.

Too rich for us, as predicted. NOW can we close this thread?

pugsnotdrugs19 06-06-2021 12:07 PM

I have more respect for Tennessee than most, probably.

Unlike a team such as Cleveland, Tennessee has proven to be a rock solid organization for at least the past 5 years. They are always a handful.

It won’t surprise me at all if they’re back in an AFC title game. Not predicting it, but they deserve some respect.

Kiimo 06-06-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 15698952)
I have more respect for Tennessee than most, probably.

Unlike a team such as Cleveland, Tennessee has proven to be a rock solid organization for at least the past 5 years. They are always a handful.

It won’t surprise me at all if they’re back in an AFC title game. Not predicting it, but they deserve some respect.

Yeah but Julio will be injured by then

also

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Getting a lot of Q’s from Chiefs fans re Julio. <br><br>KC was truly never in the Julio sweepstakes. It’s nothing against his talent or their belief that he’s still a top WR; the financials just never made sense. Cash comes into play.</p>&mdash; Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1401598966718947344?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

97 pages of this thread

ChiefsCountry 06-06-2021 12:12 PM

Titans got to win now because once Lawrence is ready that division is going to be on lock down.

Kiimo 06-06-2021 12:14 PM

lol Jacksonville? Lockdown?

I won't hold my breath

Tribal Warfare 06-06-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 15698961)
Titans got to win now because once Lawrence is ready that division is going to be on lock down.

Urban Meyer's the HC, Lawrence will develop once he's gone

Hoover 06-06-2021 12:24 PM

So I guess Atlanta didn’t want that first round pick at was on the table.

Quesadilla Joe 06-06-2021 12:31 PM

Tim Patrick for a conditional 3rd that turns into a 2nd if KC resigns him.

staylor26 06-06-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15698920)
Then these came after Gase..:

Yes, Tannehill couldn’t stay healthy in Miami, and there was no reason to think it was going to change given the situation there at the time.

Obviously he got out of a bad situation, and went to a very good one, so things changed.

Nothing you’ve posted backs up your “boner hate” claim.

Like I said, he’s a good regular season QB, but his playoff performances over the last 2 years have been average at best. He is who he is. That doesn’t mean I’m overly hating on the guy.

Titty Meat 06-06-2021 12:39 PM

Brown Jones Smith Henry that's a good offense but their problem is their defense cant pressure shit

staylor26 06-06-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15698993)
Brown Jones Smith Henry that's a good offense but their problem is their defense cant pressure shit

Smith is a Patriot.

ThaVirus 06-06-2021 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15698992)
Yes, Tannehill couldn’t stay healthy in Miami, and there was no reason to think it was going to change given the situation there at the time.

Obviously he got out of a bad situation, and went to a very good one, so things changed.

Nothing you’ve posted backs up your “boner hate” claim.

Like I said, he’s a good regular season QB, but his playoff performances over the last 2 years have been average at best. He is who he is. That doesn’t mean I’m overly hating on the guy.

Yeah, I remember we had a debate about Tanny that kind of echoed the one I linked, but I can't find it. I'm not sure if it's CP's search function or what..

Tannehill has clearly taken a step up, though. You said he was maxed out when he was throwing like 20-22 TDs per year. He just tossed 33 last season. He's increased his completion percentage, TD%, and YPA dramatically since making his way to Tennessee while also lowering his INT %. I don't think that sort of jump can be attributed to just a better supporting cast or coaching. He's gotten a lot better himself.

Kiimo 06-06-2021 01:25 PM

Remember that time when one of you thought we could trade Frank Clark for Julio and also get the Falcons to cover half of Julio's contract

lol

staylor26 06-06-2021 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15699052)
Yeah, I remember we had a debate about Tanny that kind of echoed the one I linked, but I can't find it. I'm not sure if it's CP's search function or what..

Tannehill has clearly taken a step up, though. You said he was maxed out when he was throwing like 20-22 TDs per year. He just tossed 33 last season. He's increased his completion percentage, TD%, and YPA dramatically since making his way to Tennessee while also lowering his INT %. I don't think that sort of jump can be attributed to just a better supporting cast or coaching. He's gotten a lot better himself.

No, we didn’t. You are imagining shit.

And yea, having the best running game in the league to go with some really good ****ing weapons in Brown/Davis/Smith compared to what he had at Miami had little to do with him making a significant jump! Not to mention he gets to beat up on one of the worst divisions in football.

:facepalm:

You continue to show that you have no ****ing clue.

If it were mostly Tannehill, and not his situation, he wouldn’t become a pumpkin in the ****ing playoffs every year. There’s a reason that most of his success comes in the play action game.

FloridaMan88 06-06-2021 01:59 PM

Looks like Julio is going to heaven…

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/oMeACi8PLi">pic.twitter.com/oMeACi8PLi</a></p>&mdash; Atlanta Falcons (@AtlantaFalcons) <a href="https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1401583419394568198?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser 06-06-2021 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15698759)
Seems like Green Bay should've ponied up for him to help smooth out Rodgers ruffled feathers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15698913)
How does Green Bay not top that offer? Oh I know they're run by a bunch of dumbasses.

Devante Adams and Julio Jones with Rodgers would have been a nightmare for the rest of the NFC. Maybe Atlanta was never interested in trading him there, no matter the compensation. If that isn't the case, then yeah, they are idiots.

RealSNR 06-06-2021 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 15698986)
Tim Patrick for a conditional 3rd that turns into a 2nd if KC resigns him.

Tim Patrick for Nick Keizer.

Do it, then make me a roast beef sandwich. Then go **** yourself.

notorious 06-06-2021 02:31 PM

If Green Bay would have pulled their heads out of their ass and made a trade they would probably be going to the Superbowl next year.

Idiots.

ThaVirus 06-06-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15699091)
No, we didn’t. You are imagining shit.

And yea, having the best running game in the league to go with some really good ****ing weapons in Brown/Davis/Smith compared to what he had at Miami had little to do with him making a significant jump! Not to mention he gets to beat up on one of the worst divisions in football.

:facepalm:

You continue to show that you have no ****ing clue.

If it were mostly Tannehill, and not his situation, he wouldn’t become a pumpkin in the ****ing playoffs every year. There’s a reason that most of his success comes in the play action game.

Better supporting cast doesn't account for a 1.6 increase in YPA, 5% increase in completion percentage, TD and INT % nearly doubling and halving respectively, ANY/A going up 3 yards, etc.

Pretty much every QB in NFL history gets worse in the postseason.

Wilson8 06-06-2021 02:39 PM

The Titans had a little over $3M of cap space before this trade. What is expected is new contracts for Taylor Lewan ($13,393,971 cap), Rodger Saffold ($12,316,176 cap), and Ben Jones ($7,250,000 cap). Another possibility is a new contract for 32 year old QB Ryan Tannehill ($29,500,000 cap).

It will be interesting to see how they come up with the money.

New World Order 06-06-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15699193)
If Green Bay would have pulled their heads out of their ass and made a trade they would probably be going to the Superbowl next year.

Idiots.

Especially since Rodgers is hella old.

staylor26 06-06-2021 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15699201)
Better supporting cast doesn't account for a 1.6 increase in YPA, 5% increase in completion percentage, TD and INT % nearly doubling and halving respectively, ANY/A going up 3 yards, etc.

Pretty much every QB in NFL history gets worse in the postseason.

Actually, it does.

Do you honestly believe he makes that jump if his situation doesn’t drastically improve? He had a bad OL, no weapons, and no running game in Miami. You seem to have no clue just how much better his situation got in Tennessee. He’s not improving his numbers anywhere close to that in the same situation he had in Miami.

Also, by “pretty much every QB”, do you mean the guys that have great regular season stats that aren’t indicative of how good they actually are? Playoff football separates the legit QB’s from the pumpkins. It always has. You could make this same defense for Lamar and you’d sound just as ****ing stupid.

For some perspective, Tannehill has 534 passing yards in 4 ****ing playoff games. He’s averaging 133.5 passing yards in the playoffs. He’s had over 200 in just one game, and it was only 209. He’s had less than 100 in half of them. That’s ****ing AWFUL.

LMAO

BigChiefTN 06-06-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15698916)

Are you kidding me? They may put up 50 a game with those weapons.

mkp785 06-06-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15699062)
Remember that time when one of you thought we could trade Frank Clark for Julio and also get the Falcons to cover half of Julio's contract

lol

Nothing topped the suggestion by Bosschief that we could trade Wylie and Hitchens for him.

Skyy God 06-06-2021 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTN (Post 15699230)

You seem dumb.

staylor26 06-06-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

LMAO :facepalm:

Yes, Julio is obviously a tremendous upgrade from Corey Davis, but they didn’t just lose Davis, they also lost a top 8 TE in Jonnu Smith.

They’ve had great weapons the last 2 years. Losing those guys and adding Julio doesn’t all of a sudden make them unstoppable.

FloridaMan88 06-06-2021 02:54 PM

Quote:

Until the centerpiece of their offense, Queen Henry inevitably gets injured.

A RB with a physical running style coming off consecutive 300+ carries seasons… what could go wrong.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06-06-2021 02:57 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Like the Chiefs, sources tell me the Ravens were never one of the main teams in the Julio sweepstakes, either.</p>&mdash; Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1401636757276348419?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowser 06-06-2021 03:01 PM

Quote:

Henry might make 2,000 yards again, but 50 a game? Nah. Tannehill is better than people give him credit for, but he's not that good.

Skyy God 06-06-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15699250)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Like the Chiefs, sources tell me the Ravens were never one of the main teams in the Julio sweepstakes, either.</p>&mdash; Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1401636757276348419?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 6, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Burt didn’t fall off a turnip truck yesterday.

Unlike a solid 1/3 of our dumbass fans that JIMP for names they’ve heard of.

Burt plays chess. They play tic tac toe with chickens.

Skyy God 06-06-2021 03:06 PM

Davis had 5 TDs last year.

Julio averages 6 per. He’s overrated.

ThaVirus 06-06-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15699213)
Actually, it does.

Do you honestly believe he makes that jump if his situation doesn’t drastically improve? He had a bad OL, no weapons, and no running game in Miami. You seem to have no clue just how much better his situation got in Tennessee. He’s not improving his numbers anywhere close to that in the same situation he had in Miami.

Also, by “pretty much every QB”, do you mean the guys that have great regular season stats that aren’t indicative of how good they actually are? Playoff football separates the legit QB’s from the pumpkins. It always has. You could make this same defense for Lamar and you’d sound just as ****ing stupid.

For some perspective, Tannehill has 534 passing yards in 4 ****ing playoff games. He’s averaging 133.5 passing yards in the playoffs. He’s had over 200 in just one game, and it was only 209. He’s had less than 100 in half of them. That’s ****ing AWFUL.

LMAO

No, but I also don’t believe he makes this jump without improving himself either.

You were wrong. Just admit it. He wasn’t “maxed out” in Miami under Gase’s tutelage. We’re seeing that now.

And I mean “pretty much every QB not named Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes”. The vast majority get worse in the postseason, including the all-time greats.

staylor26 06-06-2021 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15699287)
No, but I also don’t believe he makes this jump without improving himself either.

You were wrong. Just admit it. He wasn’t “maxed out” in Miami under Gase’s tutelage. We’re seeing that now.

And I mean “pretty much every QB not named Tom Brady or Patrick Mahomes”. The vast majority get worse in the postseason, including the all-time greats.

Oh I was absolutely wrong about that on the surface, because I didn’t seem him going to a situation that was a complete 180 while also getting a chance to start. You do realize a lot of shit had to line up for that to happen, right?

But at the end of the day, the Tannehill you get come playoff time isn’t all that much better from the guy we saw in Miami. He just has a better team around him, which is my point.

He didn’t just “get worse”. That’s an understatement. I love how you didn’t even acknowledge those god awful playoff numbers. That’s convenient considering your entire argument is based on stats.

Mecca 06-06-2021 03:22 PM

You aren't winning SBs with Ryan Tannehill.

displacedinMN 06-06-2021 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15699295)

Tenn has done everything they can to beat the Chiefs. But I think your statement is correct.

staylor26 06-06-2021 03:25 PM

Quote:

“But but but regular season stats!!!!”

Kiimo 06-06-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15699274)
Davis had 5 TDs last year.

Julio averages 6 per. He’s overrated.

It doesn't count to say he's overrated now, you had to do it before he signed with somebody else for true style points.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15688806)
lol his resume where he got double digit touchdowns exactly one season of his career and it was 10. And someone called him the "best receiver in the NFL" just lol

He's injury-prone and a fair amount overrated and that was before he was old

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15688825)
Clearly he has always gotten a ton of yards.

His touchdowns have never matched it though and that's why I think calling him the best receiver in the NFL has always been wrong.

Reek had 17 last season.

Dwayne Bowe once had 15 with Matt ****ing Cassel throwing to him.

like that.

Skyy God 06-06-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15699323)
It doesn't count to say he's overrated now, you had to do it before he signed with somebody else for true style points.

like that.

I’ve been hating on this trade “possibility” the whole time, thanks.

Deberg_1990 06-06-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

I mean, it’s possible. But he need a lot of help and some luck. He could Flacco his way to a title.

Kiimo 06-06-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 15699330)
I’ve been hating on this trade “possibility” the whole time, thanks.

it was just an excuse to post my own posts

Also if Tannehill is going to Flacco his way to a SB he needs to get a generational defense soon

RINGLEADER 06-06-2021 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15699361)
it was just an excuse to post my own posts

Also if Tannehill is going to Flacco his way to a SB he needs to get a generational defense soon

That’s the main problem.

They’re going to give up 40 points a game to good teams.

Bombs away Ryan!

ThaVirus 06-06-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15699294)
Oh I was absolutely wrong about that

Thank you.

staylor26 06-06-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15699374)
Thank you.

Yea, just leave the rest of that out...

1. You have yet to support your initial claim that I have a “weird hate boner” for Tannehill.

2. My original post that you quoted was about Tannehill now, and had nothing to do with those old posts you brought up.

3. My point still stands that there’s little reason to have faith in Tannehill come playoff time.

RunKC 06-06-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

We’ve seen teams win that way but you’d need an absolutely loaded football team surrounding him

htismaqe 06-07-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverIowan (Post 15698403)
Its called a negation. Give them time to confer with one another to settle the matter. They will reach a compromise. That is standard negotiating procedure. Of course Mathieu is going to come to the table on the high end of the spectrum and Veach on the contrary wants to sign as team friendly of a deal as possible. They are feeling each other out. Again, standard operating procedure. Its pretty clear Mathieu would love to stay in KC and Veach has said honeybadger is a priority. Itll get done.

Matthieu won't sign before this season is over. They're still quite a ways apart on terms. It isn't happening any time soon.

htismaqe 06-07-2021 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15698858)
Umm what? You must have me confused with somebody else. I don’t hate him at all, and I’ve actually defended him plenty of times in the past.

I think Tannehill is decent. I’m definitely not saying he’s trash, but he’s the kind of guy that puts up good regular season stats then shrinks in the playoffs. He is who he is.

It's the play action. He's very much helped by the system.

htismaqe 06-07-2021 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15699250)

Good teams don't trade for guys like Jones. Desperate teams do.

carcosa 06-07-2021 10:16 AM

I Will Never Forgive Julio For This Ultimate Betrayal!!!!

smithandrew051 06-07-2021 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15699978)
I Will Never Forgive Julio For This Ultimate Betrayal!!!!

Should have retired before allowing this trade to happen

ToxSocks 06-07-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

You aren't wining SB's with Tannehill, as in multiple, continuous contention, but that Titans team could absolutely find itself in the SB this season.

Seemingly every goddamn year there's a Tannehill-level QB in the SB.

To write them off with "oh oh oh Ryan Tannehill" i think that's silly.

rabblerouser 06-07-2021 10:31 AM

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/06/07/mm...de-daily-cover

Quote:

But based on where the Titans are, this is a very worthy swing for the fences, which will give Tannehill & Co. maybe the most imposing skill group (Henry, Jones, A.J. Brown) in the NFL.
What.
The.
Is
This
Moron
Thinking?

RunKC 06-07-2021 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 15700006)
You aren't wining SB's with Tannehill, as in multiple, continuous contention, but that Titans team could absolutely find itself in the SB this season.

Seemingly every goddamn year there's a Tannehill-level QB in the SB.

To write them off with "oh oh oh Ryan Tannehill" i think that's silly.

Yup. The early 2000’s before the Patriots dynasty was wild. Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Rich Gannon. All in the Super Bowl.

Hell Rex Grossman was in the ****ing Super Bowl ROFL

You can make it but you better have an insanely talented team

RealSNR 06-07-2021 11:01 AM

The Tits just got a whole lot scarier.

You thought they were imposing as a 9-win team? Just wait until they win 10 games this year!

staylor26 06-07-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15700034)
Yup. The early 2000’s before the Patriots dynasty was wild. Trent Dilfer, Kerry Collins, Rich Gannon. All in the Super Bowl.

Hell Rex Grossman was in the ****ing Super Bowl ROFL

You can make it but you better have an insanely talented team

And the Titans still have a below average defense...

duncan_idaho 06-07-2021 11:12 AM

What’s funny is seeing/hearing some Titans fans say they have a better D than KC and acting like the Chiefs OL is still a huge weakness.

I realize they added some draft picks and Bud Dupree to an absolutely awful D. That’s nice.

The Chiefs added a stud DT and have young guys poised to greatly upgrade their LB spot.

Oh, and the Chiefs D was already a LOT better.

htismaqe 06-07-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 15700059)
What’s funny is seeing/hearing some Titans fans say they have a better D than KC and acting like the Chiefs OL is still a huge weakness.

I realize they added some draft picks and Bud Dupree to an absolutely awful D. That’s nice.

The Chiefs added a stud DT and have young guys poised to greatly upgrade their LB spot.

Oh, and the Chiefs D was already a LOT better.

Exactly.

This team didn't have much of a pass rush last year and made the Super Bowl. That's the one weakness they still have.

The offensive line is going to be a huge difference maker this year, a lot of people are sleeping on this.

staylor26 06-07-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15700064)
Exactly.

This team didn't have much of a pass rush last year and made the Super Bowl. That's the one weakness they still have.

The offensive line is going to be a huge difference maker this year, a lot of people are sleeping on this.

I’d be willing to bet that Reed improves our pass rusher more than anybody expects.

htismaqe 06-07-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15700069)
I’d be willing to bet that Reed improves our pass rusher more than anybody expects.

Yeah, I think so too.

I think Chris Jones on the outside creates interesting issues for opposing offenses as well.

Going to be interesting.