ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Later, Chiefsplanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=242925)

patteeu 03-22-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7508943)
I'm certainly not implying that. Do you really think Dane left because he couldn't stand up to the staggering intellectual firestorm inflicted upon him by R8ers? Would anyone?

Did Dane have a problem with the way this place is run? Yes. And he's not alone. As I mentioned to someone earlier today, this place is a pale shadow of what it once was. Every time we lose a solid, long-term contributor, it seems he or she is replaced by two ****head trolls and half a dozen idiot-ass n00bs who think the trolls are funny. That's not a good thing. This BB used to have the feel of a neighborhood bar. Now it's more like a loud, dirty, overcrowded club in a questionable neighborhood, and the best you can hope to do is find a semi-quiet corner where you hang out with the few people left who are actually worth a shit.

But this still isn't the reason he left.

Sounds racist to me. :Poke:

Frazod 03-22-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7509066)
Sounds racist to me. :Poke:

Did you know that Whoopie Goldberg ****s Cheney with a strap-on?

vailpass 03-22-2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509060)
Yep.

It's kind of like M*A*S*H. Peaked in Year 3, jumped the shark by Year 6, and now in year 10 we're just hanging on, but the ratings are still good.

Your cholesterol-fueled storm of bitter vitriol contributes to the talent drain you say you lament.

Over-Head 03-22-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509060)
Yep.

It's kind of like M*A*S*H. Peaked in Year 3, jumped the shark by Year 6, and now in year 10 we're just hanging on, but the ratings are still good.

Dude, this place died with Jim :huh:

And can we PLEASE end this stupid ****ing thread already?
I mean christ on a popcicle, Dane has left teh building, all those in favor, wave your middle finger high.
Thoses opposed, here's a tissue, wipe your tears, and send him an email.
Either way, 1500 responces mostly besating our gums saying the same thing gets a bit old......
It's over, move on folks, nothing left to see here

patteeu 03-22-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7509011)
He could have posted the entire story, and it wouldn't have made a lick of ****ing difference.

I certainly wouldn't have taken the route he did, but no matter how he went about it, there would be people standing in line to bust his balls.

That's probably true, but to the extent that it is, he mostly brought it on himself by going out of his way to bust balls at every opportunity. You reap what you sew. If Rain Man had posted this thread (minus the part about f***ing off and dying because that's not what Rain Man does, even though secretly he knows he's better than anyone here who didn't attend the same colleges he did), there wouldn't be anyone dancing on his grave because he's friendly to pretty much everyone. Even when he rips a foreign team troll who pops in just before a game, he does it more with humor than venom.

Frazod 03-22-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7509077)
Your cholesterol-fueled storm of bitter vitriol contributes to the talent drain you say you lament.

I'll take Holy Shit That's Irony! for $1,000, Alex. LMAO

BTW, Pedro's done with your old lady. He could use a rubdown.

Reerun_KC 03-22-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509106)
I'll take Holy Shit That's Irony! for $1,000, Alex. LMAO

BTW, Pedro's done with your old lady. He could use a rubdown.

When do we get the "Die Cp'ers, I am leaving forever" from Frazod?

King_Chief_Fan 03-22-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 7509115)

he is trying his best to replace the guy.....maybe soon?

patteeu 03-22-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509027)
It was well into the downward slide by the time you rolled in.

And if you don't think so, I can assure you, I don't give a shit.

It sounds like you're saying the place has gone downhill since around the time we split DC off from the Lounge. I tried to warn you. This also helps explain why I haven't noticed the decline as much as you because I'm insulated from the apparent Lounge suckage over in DC where we have an outstanding collection of people who give each other shit but who would also give each other the shirt off our backs if necessary because we know the difference between message board and real life. Stop by sometime.

Frazod 03-22-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

These ****ing dildos won't get that satisfaction from me.

Reerun_KC 03-22-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509130)
These ****ing dildos won't get that satisfaction from me.

:LOL:

Stay strong my Tiger friend....

WV 03-22-2011 03:40 PM

http://www.techimo.com/photo/data/500/756die.jpg

Frazod 03-22-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7509128)
It sounds like you're sayin the place has gone downhill since around the time we split DC off from the Lounge. I tried to warn you. This also helps explain why I haven't noticed the decline as much as you because I'm insulated from the suckage over in DC where we have an outstanding collection of people who give each other shit but who would also give each other the shirt off our backs if necessary because we know the difference between message board and real life. Stop by sometime.

ROFL

Okay, that's funny.

Frazod 03-22-2011 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 7509127)
he is trying his best to replace the guy.....maybe soon?

I'm not really sure why you started sniping me all of a sudden, but that's okay. In any event, you'll receive your friend request from patteeu shortly.

And if I've done something to offend you over years, whatever it was, I earnestly hope that it continues to annoy you.

dirk digler 03-22-2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

It sounds like you're saying the place has gone downhill since around the time we split DC off from the Lounge. I tried to warn you. This also helps explain why I haven't noticed the decline as much as you because I'm insulated from the apparent Lounge suckage over in DC where we have an outstanding collection of people who give each other shit but who would also give each other the shirt off our backs if necessary because we know the difference between message board and real life. Stop by sometime.

I bet you would love BEP to give her shirt off her back to you..

And Fraz IMVHO the board hasn't changed that much. Sure good people have left but we have had quality people replace them.

vailpass 03-22-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Statistics say he will be riding an ambulance to the cardiac ward soon.

chiefsnorth 03-22-2011 03:48 PM

I wasn't around in the beginning like all of you obviously, but this resembles every other sports message board... Douchery and tolls abound, demos skew toward the early 20s and early 40s, all male... Most posts are either bitching or bitching about bitching. Par for the course

dirk digler 03-22-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsnorth (Post 7509171)
I wasn't around in the beginning like all of you obviously, but this resembles every other sports message board... Douchery and tolls abound, demos skew toward the early 20s and early 40s, all male... Most posts are either bitching or bitching about bitching. Par for the course

You would think with all the drama and bitching we were all females

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 7509172)
You would think with all the drama and bitching we were all females

I'm not sure I've ever seen women do it quite this well to be honest.

chiefsnorth 03-22-2011 03:50 PM

I also predict Dane will be back. Message board deaths are like comic book deaths. :evil:

Frazod 03-22-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7509169)
Statistics say he will be riding an ambulance to the cardiac ward soon.

But probably not before some illegal you couldn't outrun yanks your bitch ass out of your Escalade and chops you into fishbait.

vailpass 03-22-2011 03:51 PM

98 3/4

siberian khatru 03-22-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsnorth (Post 7509171)

It's an escape from our jobs and families. ;)

Reaper16 03-22-2011 03:52 PM

Quote:

Who? Banyon and Direckshun? D.C. isn't exactly the free handouts kind of crowd these days. :D

vailpass 03-22-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509180)
But probably not before some illegal you couldn't outrun yanks your bitch ass out of your Escalade and chops you into fishbait.

LMAO
That shit isn't funny. We used to love to drive down to Puerto Penasco from here, about a 2 hour drive to the sea side of Mexico. Tons of fun.
Cant go now.
A couple weeks ago some cartel dude got shot 15 times in his truck there and lived. while he was laying in the emergency room dudes with AK47s came in and finished him off in his hospital bed.

Fugging cartel mexicans are getting closer.

siberian khatru 03-22-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7509192)
A couple weeks ago some cartel dude got shot 15 times in his truck there and lived. while he was laying in the emergency room dudes with AK47s came in and finished him off in his hospital bed.

:eek:

dirk digler 03-22-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 7509177)
I'm not sure I've ever seen women do it quite this well to be honest.

lol It's like being constantly on the rag

Frazod 03-22-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7509192)
LMAO
That shit isn't funny. We used to love to drive down to Puerto Penasco from here, about a 2 hour drive to the sea side of Mexico. Tons of fun.
Cant go now.

Fugging cartel mexicans are getting closer.

I heard it's all cleared up now. You should head down there this weekend.

patteeu 03-22-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7509189)
Who? Banyon and Direckshun? D.C. isn't exactly the free handouts kind of crowd these days. :D

I love all my DC brothers and sisters. Even Frankie.

BigCatDaddy 03-22-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7509189)

Frankie

vailpass 03-22-2011 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509201)
I heard it's all cleared up now. You should head down there this weekend.

Could I pay you to act as a bullet absorbing shield? I can probably get you grazing rights.

Frazod 03-22-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7509210)
Could I pay you to act as a bullet absorbing shield? I can probably get you grazing rights.

Let's play William Tell. Put an apple in your mouth.

vailpass 03-22-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7509220)
Let's play William Tell. Put an apple in your mouth.

There's the difference between you and me.
Put an apple in my mouth and I'm the target.
Put an apple in your mouth and you are the main course at a luau.

chiefsnorth 03-22-2011 04:03 PM

Why do you gents hate each other so?

blaise 03-22-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsnorth (Post 7509227)
Why do you gents hate each other so?

**** off you dumbass asshat ****. AIDS tree and all that shit etc.

Antifreeze or something.

Frazod 03-22-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 7509225)
There's the difference between you and me.
Put an apple in my mouth and I'm the target.
Put an apple in your mouth and you are the main course at a luau.

Shit, I've got to give you credit for that one. LMAO

Otter 03-22-2011 04:39 PM

We're almost on our 100th page people and this thread almost dropped 1/2 down the page.

I can't be here all the time, pick up the slack noobs and you'll go down in CP history as the next great generation!

Iowanian 03-22-2011 04:40 PM

When I eventually have my fill and decide to leave, I'll make a "I'm leaving forever" thread, not for the attention, but because this is F'ing Chiefsplanet and it's and EXPECTED right of passage. It won't be for me, it'll be so you'll all have the last opportunity for a "F U for the ROAD"

I expect nothing less from any longtime member who knows the obligations of membership.

HonestChieffan 03-22-2011 04:42 PM

For good old Dane, we need it to top 100 pages.

ToxSocks 03-22-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 7509331)

Cheers

milkman 03-22-2011 04:44 PM

If William Tell's son had placed the apple in his mouth, wouldn't he be dead even if William Tell hits his target?

Otter 03-22-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 7509326)
When I eventually have my fill and decide to leave, I'll make a "I'm leaving forever" thread, not for the attention, but because this is F'ing Chiefsplanet and it's and EXPECTED right of passage. It won't be for me, it'll be so you'll all have the last opportunity for a "F U for the ROAD"

I expect nothing less from any longtime member who knows the obligations of membership.

And I will be there with a match to light the aids tree, a cup to hold your antifreeze and kindle to light the fire you will perish in.

We salute you great Iowanian!

ToxSocks 03-22-2011 04:45 PM

patteeu 03-22-2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7509339)
If William Tell's son had placed the apple in his mouth, wouldn't he be dead even if William Tell hits his target?

Nothing gets past you, old man. (And btw, I'm happy to learn that you're barely older than me and not nearly as old as you're made out to be.)

Bwana 03-22-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 7509319)
We're almost on our 100th page people and this thread almost dropped 1/2 down the page.

I can't be here all the time, pick up the slack noobs and you'll go down in CP history as the next great generation!

Oh no! I called this a min 1800 post thread last night. It will damn sure make it there, even if I have to post beaver pictures. In fact, What the hell!!

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...WJYwHjMIy7&t=1

Easy 6 03-22-2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7508998)
Why are you preaching this to us? We are the ones that are still here. DANE is the one that left, so send this to him.

I'm not preaching to anyone, just my observation.

I dont have a dog in this, to me its two guys that let their rivalry & emotions get the better of their 1a) decency & 1b) control of ego.

If theres more to the story, i dont know what it is.

Frankie 03-22-2011 05:00 PM

I actually think Dane will be back once the Iodine tablets take effect.

SAUTO 03-22-2011 05:30 PM

now people are making me worried about dane.

hope everything is good for him, here or not....

threebag 03-22-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 7509394)
I actually think Dane will be back once the Monistat takes effect.

FYP

Okie_Apparition 03-22-2011 06:39 PM

Between the homies pouring out Grey Goose & the sand flowing from the viginas, this thread is quick sand to us n00bs.

chefsos 03-22-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie_Apparition (Post 7509718)
Between the homies pouring out Grey Goose & the sand flowing from the viginas, this thread is quick sand to us n00bs.

How many times can one be a n00b, anyway?

Groves 03-22-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 7509331)

I'll never quite understand why everyone doesn't have their settings for the maximum number of posts per page, which currently is 80, but I'd be ok with a 500 option.

Clicking is so yesteryear. No time for that noise.

salame 03-22-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chefsos (Post 7509736)
How many times can one be a n00b, anyway?

how much free time do you have?

|Zach| 03-22-2011 06:53 PM

Stinks like sex in here.

Okie_Apparition 03-22-2011 06:55 PM

Do not interact with it. You're killing the ghostly aspect, or is that a meat gravy? NM

DeezNutz 03-22-2011 06:56 PM

NSFW (language)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d-ELnDPmI8w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

chefsos 03-22-2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7509763)
how much free time do you have?

Plenty. I keep taking redshirt years.

Dartgod 03-22-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Splitting that cesspool off was the best thing that ever happened to this place, save the day that Kyle decided to create it in the first place.

There's no way you can be serious.

HMc 03-22-2011 07:57 PM

Frazod, if the place is so terrible because all the timer quality posters have bolted due the flood of insufferable trolls, why don't you piss off aswell?

Sitting around moaning about how the place has gone to shit is worse than the trolling you're complaining about - at least trolls are occasionally amusing.

It's more likely that all the quality posters you miss legged it because they got sick of talking to you about the same crap all the time.

KCrockaholic 03-22-2011 07:59 PM

This in the HOC yet? We've hit 1,500 and like nearly 30k views.

|Zach| 03-22-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over-Head (Post 7509085)
Dude, this place died with Jim :huh:

Every single thing you utter on this board is total clown shoes.

HMc 03-22-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7508854)
And whose fault is that? Who posted a public thread announcing he's leaving, while at the same time sending emails to various posters behind the scenes explaining the real story?

If he had simply disappeared for awhile while letting his friends know what was going on, then there would be nothing to discuss or speculate about. But when a high-profile poster posts an "I'm leaving the Planet forever" thread after he's requested to mods that a troll be banned after the troll called him a bad name, yes, that's going to draw attention and speculation. No?

Look, put aside whether Dane's a good guy or a bad guy, victim or instigator, whether the Planet needs him or not. Just be objective about this: Dane started this with the drama thread. It was unnecessary. Anybody else who melted down in that fashion would be mercilessly mocked.

Dane might have good reasons to be upset and to take a powder. But it's pretty standard around these parts that "I'm leaving forever" threads are bad form.

REP

|Zach| 03-22-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 7508854)
And whose fault is that? Who posted a public thread announcing he's leaving, while at the same time sending emails to various posters behind the scenes explaining the real story?

If he had simply disappeared for awhile while letting his friends know what was going on, then there would be nothing to discuss or speculate about. But when a high-profile poster posts an "I'm leaving the Planet forever" thread after he's requested to mods that a troll be banned after the troll called him a bad name, yes, that's going to draw attention and speculation. No?

Look, put aside whether Dane's a good guy or a bad guy, victim or instigator, whether the Planet needs him or not. Just be objective about this: Dane started this with the drama thread. It was unnecessary. Anybody else who melted down in that fashion would be mercilessly mocked.

Dane might have good reasons to be upset and to take a powder. But it's pretty standard around these parts that "I'm leaving forever" threads are bad form.

Agree with this. One thing surprises me to this day. Dane never ever really understood how his actions and posts brought some of the heat upon him. He really didn't get why all these things were always throw at him.

KCrockaholic 03-22-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7509992)
Agree with this. One thing surprises me to this day. Dane never ever really understood how his actions and posts brought some of the heat upon him. He really didn't get why all these things were always throw at him.

But we were all delusional.

salame 03-22-2011 08:20 PM

this place doesn't "need" anyone
sillys

crazycoffey 03-22-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7510019)
sillys

It "need"s everyone?

salame 03-22-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 7510033)
It "need"s everyone?

I need you

MIAdragon 03-22-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

sillys

Nope, and thats the beauty of it. And to the next "core" member that decides to grow a sandy vag and take his ball home, have some ****ing dignity and simply sign off. No need for these "hey look at me" posts its, just poor taste. No one is going to loose sleep because you've decided to refrain from blessing us with your key strokes. JFC.

crazycoffey 03-22-2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7510038)
I need you

liar

Stinger 03-22-2011 08:44 PM

Dear God,

Please make it stop .......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...o-the-lord.jpg

Bugeater 03-22-2011 08:45 PM

Quote:

sillys

Well, it needs someone.

Pablo 03-22-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 7510043)
Nope, and thats the beauty of it. And to the next "core" member that decides to grow a sandy vag and take his ball home, have some ****ing dignity and simply sign off. No need for these "hey look at me" posts its, just poor taste. No one is going to loose sleep because you've decided to refrain from blessing us with your key strokes. JFC.

LMAO

So true.

Just Passin' By 03-22-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 7510043)

You may have a point in general but, in your case, we'd at least get one more gander at the avatar before you left.

DaFace 03-22-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

sillys

Well, kind of. It certainly needs AustinChief more than it needs about any other, though.

patteeu 03-22-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 7509956)
Splitting that cesspool off was the best thing that ever happened to this place, save the day that Kyle decided to create it in the first place.

There's no way you can be serious.

Of course I'm serious. Frazod and I agree that the board was better before the split than it is today. That said, I understand that mine is a minority view. Visionaries are often in the minority. :p

salame 03-22-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey (Post 7510057)
liar

If you would just pay more attention to me...........

crazycoffey 03-22-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7510066)
Well, it needs someone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7510072)
Well, kind of. It certainly needs AustinChief more than it needs about any other, though.

I propose an experiment, leave "someone" and Austin then we'll see what it turns into...

crazycoffey 03-22-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 7510077)
If you would just pay more attention to me...........

third person I've heard that from, but the first I wasn't married to.

salame 03-22-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7510066)
Well, it needs someone.

who can it be now?
doo doo dee doo doo

chefsos 03-22-2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7510072)

I was certain the place needed bbcrap, but I was wrong.