ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Andrew Luck Retires (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324643)

BryanBusby 08-24-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 14408230)
Irsay is an odd dude. He’s an old hippy in a modern world.

But he’s not a bad owner. If anything, he’s too loyal. He stuck with Grigson and Pagano for at least 3 years to long.

And shortened his QB's career in result and couldn't even have the common courtesy to make damn sure the kid could tell his teammates himself. Oh and couldn't help but drive all ****ed up out of his mind.

And ****ed every single fan the last time Luck died. He's a ****ing awful dude.

New World Order 08-24-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc (Post 14408230)
Irsay is an odd dude. He’s an old hippy in a modern world.

But he’s not a bad owner. If anything, he’s too loyal. He stuck with Grigson and Pagano for at least 3 years to long.

Colts had a lot of glory years though with Manning and Luck. You guys watched a lot of winning football.

Hoopsdoc 08-24-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14408233)
I think he's a guy who's been brutalized and he's sick of it, yeah.

He's walking away from 20 something million dollars.

The timing sucks, but people act like he owes them something. **** off, this is his life, man. If he wants to walk away while he can still actually walk, then good for him.

Sucks if you're an Indy fan, but ****, man. For four years, he's been in an injury/rehab cycle.

All these guys calling him a pussy wouldn't have been able to stand a tenth of what he has.

This is a BRUTAL sport. The players have every right to walk away when they want to. If you don't understand that, you're a ****ing child.

I think the injuries were part of it. I think there are other factors too.

I don’t object to him walking away. He’s free to do what he wants. And I still think he’s a decent dude.

But that ankle wasn’t hurting at mini camp? A month ago at the start of training camp?

He just screwed everyone over with the timing, that’s all.

Naptown Chief 08-24-2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14408007)
Yep. Wouldn’t surprise me if his shoulder bothers him still too.

Which is why protecting Mahomes remains paramount. Every single year. And he has to protect himself — get the football out fast, get out of bounds, etc.

I fell through an attic at work 2.5 years ago and, amongst several other injuries, tore the shit out of my right HIP labrum.

Your shoulder and hip are nearly identical. I had the same surgery as Luck (labral repair), which requires dislocation of hip/shoulder to even do. Two years later it still hurts to walk. I have arthritis from the surgery alone. There's no way in hell it isn't painful for him to throw a football...

I Hate Indy as much as anyone, think Luck is an incredibly odd guy, and get sexual gratification out of seeing one of our Conference rivals dealt a blow, but I can certainly sympathize with the guy.

Hammock Parties 08-24-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 14408235)
I can’t help but laugh at someone who plays the victim on behalf of other people.

colts fans can get ****ed

but they absolutely DID get ****ed

and they have every right to boo about being ****ed

TribalElder 08-24-2019 09:33 PM

Luck starting a new trend

Sign a big ass contract deal with guaranteed money
wait a bit
retire

ROFL

RunKC 08-24-2019 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14408227)
I think probably he was going to have to go through more rehab and this pussy, who last time I checked didn't have a ****ing optimus prime around his leg like Alex Smith, just said '**** it, thanks for the signing bonus, we out.'

**** that guy, if so.

Andrew Luck lost his love for the game and decided to be a huge pussy and make season ticket holders who plunked down thousands of dollars this offseason enjoy Jacoby Brissett for what will surely be 16 shit-filled tacos of regular season AIDs.

The customer is always right.

Luck had injury after injury. 4 years of rehab and nothing was getting better.

I think he genuinely wanted to play, but knew his body was done. It’s pretty clear that the guy had depression from being in a constant state of pain for so long.

This guy isn’t even 30 and his body is falling apart. No amount of money or pride can save you from realizing that your real life is in jeopardy if you continue this path.

I don’t blame him one bit. He’s rich and he’s got his whole life ahead of him that he doesn’t want to **** up.

I don’t feel bad for the Colts either. They ruined him.

Chris Meck 08-24-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14408253)

I think he genuinely wanted to play, but knew his body was done. It’s pretty clear that the guy had depression from being in a constant state of pain for so long.

This guy isn’t even 30 and his body is falling apart. No amount of money or pride can save you from realizing that your real life is in jeopardy if you continue this path.

I don’t blame him one bit. He’s rich and he’s got his whole life ahead of him that he doesn’t want to **** up.

100%

KChiefs1 08-24-2019 09:35 PM

https://youtu.be/bk2M1fU6wSQ

KChiefs1 08-24-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14408251)
colts fans can get ****ed

but they absolutely DID get ****ed

and they have every right to boo about being ****ed

https://youtu.be/4yMmVzlAJKk

stumppy 08-24-2019 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14408204)
Will the Colts be offering a refund to season ticket holders?

No one is plunking down several grand to watch Jacoby Brisket.

And when that guy sucks hard this year, he's going to get booed because he's not Andrew Luck.

That really sucks for that guy. And the rest of the Colts.

**** Andrew Luck.

Unless he has a life threatening disease or severe depression, he signed a contract and he just hung everyone in Indianapolis that has anything to do with the Colts out to dry.

You don't do this shit two weeks before the regular season.

****in' pussy.

LMAO

That's ****ing rich, coming from a bitch who runs like a little girl.

thegame214 08-24-2019 09:38 PM

Sometimes the best things in life are the prayers not answered.

Thank you Mahomes

staylor26 08-24-2019 09:39 PM

From a football perspective, this definitely changes my perception of Luck. Like some have said, he’s not a true competitor.

But I respect Luck as a man, and this couldn’t have been an easy thing to do. He did what’s best for him (and the Colts if he’s been pondering this for a long time). They weren’t replacing him in one offseason with a late 1st.

Deberg_1990 08-24-2019 09:40 PM

Hindsight’s 20/20 of course

But should the Colts have kept Manning and not drafted Luck?
Would they have had another championship?

Hammock Parties 08-24-2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14408253)

The guy's body isn't falling apart. He played 18 games last year and 15 games the year before.

You're telling me a few offseason practices where he didn't get hit rendered his body a disaster area? LMAO

Meanwhile, Alex Smith's right leg is re-enacting scenes from RoboCop.

Andrew Luck is a pussy.

Is he unable to play? Fine. Undergo rehab. Try and get back on the field. You signed a contract.

It would be different if he was at the end of the deal or, at the very least, this happened in March.

So yes, I say, **** this guy. He was chuckling at his press conference.

He is a huge pussy who lost his spirit.