ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=347151)

rfaulk34 11-13-2023 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17222061)
Yeah, they had really slowed down the Texans offense most of the game.

If most of the game means stopping them 3 straight drives right before the last one, which included an interception that was almost returned for a touchdown and another ball that was almost picked off, you are correct.

srvy 11-13-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17221914)
Trey Hendrickson has a hyperextended knee. Won't miss a lot of time but he's definitely not playing Thursday

I know Stanley went down yesterday. That's a big piece for the Ravens and Merkari would start that's a question mark. I haven't heard if its serious but if he can't go that's going to change a lot of things they do on offense.

Megatron96 11-13-2023 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17222049)
You said “high level.” He obviously didn’t do that. High level play overcomes all of the excuses you are trying to make for him yesterday.

And no, I wouldn’t give Mahomes a pass given I’ve been one pointing out him missing open receivers in these games and bailing pockets too quick.

Lol, no one is talking about missing WRs. Please stay within the context of the examples.

A QBR of 70 is "high level." It's borderline elite according to ESPN, though I personally would say that 70 is 'very good.'

I'm not talking about results; I'm just talking about the analysis of his performance, regardless of the final outcome. And the statistical analysis by ESPN of his play yesterday indicates that for 3 quarters he played at a significantly higher than average level.

lcarus 11-13-2023 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfaulk34 (Post 17222029)
He made a bad decision on 2 throws. It happens. He also threw a GWTD pass that Boyd dropped with a minute and a half left in the game.

One dropped pass determined how the entire narrative goes this week, for us and the NM. 180 degree swing.

That's very true. Mahomes might be undefeated right now if not for dropped passes (and fumbles) in the Detroit and Denver games. QBs can only do their part.

srvy 11-13-2023 01:46 PM

Many of the same people in this thread piling on with we told you so's on how bad OBjr was are former keep OBjr. I told you all this guy was trash along with a few others and caught your wrath. All you cared about was new shiny sparkly pieces instead of properly protecting the franchise.

You and I know who you are!

srvy 11-13-2023 01:50 PM

Bengals are learning the same lesson we did. If you don't go get a decent LT your desperation leads to OBjr still being employed by the NFL.

DRM08 11-13-2023 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17222103)
Lol, no one is talking about missing WRs. Please stay within the context of the examples.

A QBR of 70 is "high level." It's borderline elite according to ESPN, though I personally would say that 70 is 'very good.'

I'm not talking about results; I'm just talking about the analysis of his performance, regardless of the final outcome. And the statistical analysis by ESPN of his play yesterday indicates that for 3 quarters he played at a significantly higher than average level.

70/100 QBR is very strong. Brady won MVP in 2017 with a QBR grade of 71/100 for the season. I would say 70/100 is in the elite category at the moment. Last year, only 3 dudes were above 70/100 on the season. This year, only 4 guys are above 70/100 at the moment. We'll see how long that lasts.

mr. tegu 11-13-2023 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17222103)

You keep clinging to whatever excuses you want to cover for an obvious incorrect “high level” assessment. But unfortunately for you results matter and producing nothing for five straight drives against a not so great defense is not “high level.”

The Mahomes comment is just one example of me not giving him a pass given that’s what you were fishing for. He doesn’t get one when not deserving and neither does Burrow.

tredadda 11-13-2023 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfaulk34 (Post 17222029)
He made a bad decision on 2 throws. It happens. He also threw a GWTD pass that Boyd dropped with a minute and a half left in the game.

One dropped pass determined how the entire narrative goes this week, for us and the NM. 180 degree swing.

We understand that. KC was one dropped pass from being 8-1 and running away with the AFC.

Megatron96 11-13-2023 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17222131)
You keep clinging to whatever excuses you want to cover for an obvious incorrect “high level” assessment. But unfortunately for you results matter and producing nothing for five straight drives against a not so great defense is not “high level.”

The Mahomes comment is just one example of me not giving him a pass given that’s what you were fishing for. He doesn’t get one when not deserving and neither does Burrow.

lol, okay.

My bad anyway. I forgot this is the “bengals are talking shit and I want to whine about that,” thread.

I’ll bow out of this “debate “ now, and leave you gentlemen to it.

Hammock Parties 11-13-2023 02:24 PM

bengals fans whining about the steelers LMAO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">A lot of people this morning are wondering how the Steelers are 6-3.<br><br>Getting favorable whistles like this at home helps a lot. <a href="https://t.co/GlqFV6iNpg">https://t.co/GlqFV6iNpg</a></p>&mdash; Marcus Mosher (@Marcus_Mosher) <a href="https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1724088143840678113?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 13, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho 11-13-2023 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17222144)
We understand that. KC was one dropped pass from being 8-1 and running away with the AFC.

And two dropped passes away from being 9-0 and entertaining undefeated season and best team ever talk.

ThaVirus 11-13-2023 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17222191)
And two dropped passes away from being 9-0 and entertaining undefeated season and best team ever talk.

Which catch are you referring to from the Broncos game?

duncan_idaho 11-13-2023 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17222217)
Which catch are you referring to from the Broncos game?

The Skyy Moore drop in the end zone? Even the Rice drop when he was all alone at the Broncos' 40 could have swung that game KC's way.

DRM08 11-13-2023 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17222191)

And the punt return fumble.