ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Mile High Mania 05-19-2021 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15679218)
If this is a real scenario...and Rodgers holds out through training camp only to be traded...what kind of season would he expect to have in Denver?

No off-season, new system, new WRs, new terminology...He's an amazing QB but that's asking a lot...coming in cold.

They'll work it out...and he goes nowhere. It ends up being publicity fodder for the NFL to keep people interested in their product through the summer.

Rodgers will not be traded... I know the media is pushing it and lots of fans want it, but no thanks and especially no thanks at the 3 players and 4 picks asking price. The only way I would be open to it is at a price they would never accept and that's fine with me, I just have no desire to give up the players discussed. It's nonsensical.

I would rather keep those players and what we have... and finish middle of the pack with close scores, as opposed to give up those key weapons and get a top QB that will score more points, win 2-3 more games and end up with the same result because the weapons were gutted to acquire him.

Marcellus 05-19-2021 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679104)
I hope they do.

If they have to give up foundational pieces like Fant, Chubb, or Jeudy to get Rodgers, they're actually just getting worse in the long run.

They aren't surpassing the Chiefs with Rodgers if they can't field a team around him.

Wouldn't Denver giving all this stuff up for Rodgers just end up putting Rodgers on a team with GB level talent or less around him and few assets to improve?

Looks like a lateral move.

Sounds great!

O.city 05-19-2021 11:52 AM

Those foundational pieces won't really matter if they can't get a QB though. Being a Chiefs fan, we're pretty well versed in this whole thing.

BlackOp 05-19-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15679252)
Rodgers will not be traded... I know the media is pushing it and lots of fans want it, but no thanks and especially no thanks at the 3 players and 4 picks asking price. The only way I would be open to it is at a price they would never accept and that's fine with me, I just have no desire to give up the players discussed. It's nonsensical.

I would rather keep those players and what we have... and finish middle of the pack with close scores, as opposed to give up those key weapons and get a top QB that will score more points, win 2-3 more games and end up with the same result because the weapons were gutted to acquire him.

Yeah..I think a lot of Doink fans are having visions of a Manning type of rebound...except they didn't have to give up anything to acquire him.

As I posted earlier..Rodgers is 1-4 in NFCCG and hasn't played well in any of them. Mahomes has been fantastic in this scenario...should have been to 3 straight SBs.

Is the goal to get to the SB or just be competitive? AR hasnt been to a SB in a decade...it's not like he hasn't had chances.

Should have rolled the dice with Fields...

htismaqe 05-19-2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15679270)
Wouldn't Denver giving all this stuff up for Rodgers just end up putting Rodgers on a team with GB level talent or less around him and few assets to improve?

Looks like a lateral move.

Sounds great!

Exactly.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15679277)
Those foundational pieces won't really matter if they can't get a QB though. Being a Chiefs fan, we're pretty well versed in this whole thing.

If they have to give up foundational pieces to get a QB, Rodgers is right back where he is in Green Bay.

It's just stupid.

RunKC 05-19-2021 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679292)
If they have to give up foundational pieces to get a QB, Rodgers is right back where he is in Green Bay.

It's just stupid.

I wouldn’t care if I was them. This is a QB driven league and they would likely have time left with him. I’d say at least 4 years.

Without a QB you have no shot to beat us. Getting a pass rusher isn’t terribly difficult. Getting a QB that can compete with Mahomes is.

O.city 05-19-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679292)

It's just stupid.

You mean back to back Champ games?

Denver would gladly make that trade.

They can roll with those foundational pieces or trade them for arguably the best QB in the league for the next 3 or 4 years and take a shot. Otherwise, they'll maybe compete for some WC spots.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15679304)
I wouldn’t care if I was them. This is a QB driven league and they would likely have time left with him. I’d say at least 4 years.

Without a QB you have no shot to beat us. Getting a pass rusher isn’t terribly difficult. Getting a QB that can compete with Mahomes is.

It's so easy to get a pass rusher that the Broncos have drafted 5 of them in the first 2 rounds in the last 10 years and the only ones even still with the team were both top 5 picks.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15679318)
You mean back to back Champ games?

Denver would gladly make that trade.

They can roll with those foundational pieces or trade them for arguably the best QB in the league for the next 3 or 4 years and take a shot. Otherwise, they'll maybe compete for some WC spots.

You don't trade that kind of scratch to lose conference championships.

And one could argue that if they have to trade those players, they're FAR worse than Green Bay is right now.

I can't believe people think this is worth it.

O.city 05-19-2021 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679324)
You don't trade that kind of scratch to lose conference championships.

And one could argue that if they have to trade those players, they're FAR worse than Green Bay is right now.

I can't believe people think this is worth it.

To get Aaron Rodgers, thats what you'll have to trade to make it happen.

It's a QB driven league right?

I don't think he's traded. You can't trade enough to make it worthwhile to move him and the Broncos won't give up enough. But that's about what it would take.

TEX 05-19-2021 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15679252)

OMG!!! WE AGREE!!!! :clap:

However, IMO the majority of the Denver fan base does not feel the same way, especially if the mongoloids on the Mange are any kind of an indicator...What if Elway / Paton & Co. feel as though they have to do "SOMETHING" drastic to keep up with KC / Mahomes and LA / Herbert. Both have solid young Franchise QB's in place who will make it very hard for Denver to be a factor for years to come. There may be a feeling that they would rather compete for a couple years, than continue to be irrevelant.

If it's me, and it's gonna cost me the farm, I spend it on Deshaun Watson. He'll be around for years to come and can offset the cost with years of service - long enough to actually be around to build a team for the long haul. Of course, there will be many suitors for his services next season and many are in the NFC who can offer way more draft capital. Regardless, If I'm gonna go Franchise QB poaching, that would be my play.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15679327)
To get Aaron Rodgers, thats what you'll have to trade to make it happen.

It's a QB driven league right?

How many Lombardi's has Russell Wilson won since his supporting cast went to shit? Aaron Rodgers past speaks for itself.

How about Drew Brees? Matt Ryan? Cam Newton?

It's a QB driven league but if you have to give up the strength of your team to get him, you're neutering yourself right out of the gate.

The Broncos with Rodgers but without Jeudy and Bradley Chubb simply aren't a contender.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15679332)
OMG!!! WE AGREE!!!!

But, IMO the majority of the Denver fan base does not feel the same way especially if the mongoloids on the Mange is any kind of an indicator...What if Elway / Paton & Co. feel as though they have to do "SOMETHING" drastic to keep up with KC / Mahomes and LA / Herbert. Both have solid young Franchise QB's in place who will make it very hard for Denver to be a factor for years to come. There may be a feeling that they would rather compete for a couple years, than continue to be irrevelant.

If it's me, and it's gonna cost me the farm, I spend it on Deshaun Watson. He'll be around for years to come and can offset the cost with years of service - long enough to actually be around to build a team for the long haul. Of course, there will be many suitors for his services next season and many are in the NFC who can offer way more draft capital. Regardless, that would be my play.

The problem is that Watson might not be playing for a long, long time.

O.city 05-19-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679334)
How many Lombardi's has Russell Wilson won since his supporting cast went to shit? Aaron Rodgers past speaks for itself.

It's a QB driven league but if you have to give up the strength of your team to get him, you're neutering yourself right out of the gate.

The Broncos with Rodgers but without Jeudy and Bradley Chubb simply aren't a contender.

Any team with Aaron Rodgers is arguably a contender.

I mean, Drew Brees had the best roster in the league the last 3 or 4 years and didn't even make a SB.

Nothing is guaranteed. The Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy may never make it to another SB. Who knows.

But if you have the chance to get the best QB in the league, it's gonna be expensive.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15679339)
Any team with Aaron Rodgers is arguably a contender.

I mean, Drew Brees had the best roster in the league the last 3 or 4 years and didn't even make a SB.

Nothing is guaranteed. The Chiefs with Mahomes and Andy may never make it to another SB. Who knows.

But if you have the chance to get the best QB in the league, it's gonna be expensive.

Agree to disagree.

Two steps forward two steps back isn't a recipe for Super Bowl success.

I sincerely hope Denver does this. It would be a disaster.

RunKC 05-19-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

So stay with the garbage you’ve had the last 5 years getting top 10 draft picks?

And no man. If Rodgers goes to Denver next month they are automatically the 2nd best team in the AFC who could challenge us.

Garcia Bronco 05-19-2021 12:23 PM

If Rodgers has 3 years left in him...he's worth that amount of picks and players. He's not going to play for GB again according to him. If that's true...the Packers will move him. If he comes to Denver...great. KC...get ready if it's in the AFC West.

Deberg_1990 05-19-2021 12:24 PM

Quote:

They theory for Denver would be. it’s a lot easier to find replacements for those guys than another Aaron Rodgers.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15679358)
So stay with the garbage you’ve had the last 5 years getting top 10 draft picks?

And no man. If Rodgers goes to Denver next month they are automatically the 2nd best team in the AFC who could challenge us.

Nope. Sorry.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 15679367)
They theory for Denver would be. it’s a lot easier to find replacements for those guys than another Aaron Rodgers.

Except it isn't. At least not for Denver.

TEX 05-19-2021 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15679363)
If Rodgers has 3 years left in him...he's worth that amount of picks and players. He's not going to play for GB again according to him. If that's true...the Packers will move him. If he comes to Denver...great. KC...get ready if it's in the AFC West.

KC is better than Denver with Rodgers. And will have the draft capital to widen that gap in the immediate future, and the immediate future is all Rodgers affords...:shrug: So BRING IT!

staylor26 05-19-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679375)

Yea, without any 1st round picks for the foreseeable future, that wouldn’t exactly be an easier.

Being that we have Mahomes, I would understand it, but it would be a move for 2nd place in the end.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15679381)
KC is better than Denver with Rodgers. And will have the draft capital to widen that gap in the immediate future, and the immediate future is all Rodgers affords...:shrug: So BRING IT!

Exactly.

I hope they do it. This stuff about them being an instant contender with Rodgers, after trading away 2 to 3 top tier players and 3 first round draft picks, is laughable.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15679384)
Yea without any 1st round picks for the foreseeable future, that wouldn’t exactly be an easier.

They won't have a 1st round draft pick again until after Rodgers retires, most likely. That would be stupid.

Garcia Bronco 05-19-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15679381)

The immediate future is all that matters.

TEX 05-19-2021 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679375)

Exactly, because the clock would be ticking...They'd be on a hamster wheel.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15679392)

If you trade away Bradley Chubb and Jerry Jeudy or Noah Fant, the immediate future isn't championships. Rodgers can't do it all by himself.

InChiefsHeaven 05-19-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 15679062)
Indubitably

INCONTHEIVABLE!

TEX 05-19-2021 12:37 PM

Quote:

That's my point. KC would still be better on day 1, and in the immediate future would have the draft picks and a roster of core players in tact, to widen the gap.

Mile High Mania 05-19-2021 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15679363)

Quote:

Ah yes, the superbowl or bust mentality. No thanks, not interested in mortgaging the fruits of the previous two and next two drafts to chase a dream for only 3 years. Now, Watson without all the legal and personal BS is a totally different scenario.

TEX 05-19-2021 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679399)
If you trade away Bradley Chubb and Jerry Jeudy or Noah Fant, the immediate future isn't championships. Rodgers can't do it all by himself.

Ding...Ding...Ding! My point exactly. And to take it further, a lack of draft capital to quickly rebuild.

Mile High Mania 05-19-2021 12:43 PM

It's a cute story and all, but this one just needs to fade away...

New World Order 05-19-2021 12:44 PM

Rodgers would have a mediocre at best line in Denver and he wouldn't have a receiving target like Adams.

TEX 05-19-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15679419)
Ah yes, the superbowl or bust mentality. No thanks, not interested in mortgaging the fruits of the previous two and next two drafts to chase a dream for only 3 years. Now, Watson without all the legal and personal BS is a totally different scenario.

Ex-ac-a-tac-ly!

Garcia Bronco 05-19-2021 12:46 PM

Quote:

Another word for "draft" is "crap shoot". Proven players win the Pepsi challenge with draft picks any ole day of the week. If we get Rodgers...they will not be high round picks anyway. Understand the juggernaut is in our division and to compete...we might have to borrow to just compete.

InChiefsHeaven 05-19-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

If I'm Denver, I stand pat this year, unless you can get Watson. That makes them instant contenders AND sets them up for the future. In a year, nobody will care that he digs having his anus oiled (except here on CP of course). He's the best move for Denver IMO.

...so I hope they trade the universe for Rodgers.

Old Dog 05-19-2021 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 15679358)
If Rodgers goes to Denver next month they are automatically the 2nd best team in the AFC who could challenge us.

If you take away Jeudy and Chubb they're probably not the second best team in the AFC West....and still behind Cleveland, Buffalo, and likely Baltimore as well.

TEX 05-19-2021 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15679437)
Another word for "draft" is "crap shoot". Proven players win the Pepsi challenge with draft picks any ole day of the week. If we get Rodgers...they will not be high round picks anyway. Understand the juggernaut is in our division and to compete...we might have to borrow to just compete.

Gotcha. Desperate times call for desperate measures...

wazu 05-19-2021 12:56 PM

Quote:

Pulling for you and hope that the Broncos embrace your strategy fully.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15679442)
If I'm Denver, I stand pat this year, unless you can get Watson. That makes them instant contenders AND sets them up for the future. In a year, nobody will care that he digs having his anus oiled (except here on CP of course). He's the best move for Denver IMO.

You're assuming Watson is even eligible to play.

TEX 05-19-2021 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15679442)

Love the logic! :thumb:

Mile High Mania 05-19-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

During the Manning years, I said that winning a title would buy me time and I would be content for a bit... realizing it was a short-term window. They won it and while it's been a frustrating 5 years, it's still only been 5 years and I'm not too terribly interested in another short-term shot. And, as previously pointed out - he was a FA and Denver only had to give up on Tebow to get him. Pretty easy decision.

I think Denver has a good young team and while they lack at the most important position, I'm just not on board with these trade talks to acquire Rodgers.

TEX 05-19-2021 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679468)
You're assuming Watson is even eligible to play.

I think the he will. I bet Goodell throws the book at him with a year suspension and it gets appealed down to 8 or 9 games and he's cleared to play. Gonna be hard to prove criminal charges. I think the bigger problem would be the competition Denver will face from other teams for Watson next season. So, Denver's only play to immediate relevancy might just be Rodgers now. I'd still pass because of the cost. But that's just me.

BlackOp 05-19-2021 01:04 PM

Watson is NOT going to be traded to the AFC...that's a pipe dream. No GM, in his right mind, would do that if you have similar offers from teams outside of your conference.

Eagles have 3 1st round picks and NYG have two...Doinks cant compete with that....and that's just teams off the top of my head. Vikings and Saints are others..

Watson has no say where he ends up....

Marcellus 05-19-2021 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15679432)
Rodgers would have a mediocre at best line in Denver and he wouldn't have a receiving target like Adams.

Yea my point is it makes no sense for Rodgers to leave what would ultimately be a better situation.

TEX 05-19-2021 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15679477)
Watson is NOT going to be traded to the AFC...that's a pipe dream. No GM, in his right mind, would do that if you have similar offers from teams outside of your conference.

Eagles have 3 1st round picks and NYG have two...Doinks cant compete with that.

Yep. Not to mention Wash and New Orleans would be in the mix as well. And Miami could offer as much or more in the AFC. There's going to be a slew of teams in the mix for Watson. But, if you're going to trade the farm for a QB, Watson is the way to go.

O.city 05-19-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15679472)
During the Manning years, I said that winning a title would buy me time and I would be content for a bit... realizing it was a short-term window. They won it and while it's been a frustrating 5 years, it's still only been 5 years and I'm not too terribly interested in another short-term shot. And, as previously pointed out - he was a FA and Denver only had to give up on Tebow to get him. Pretty easy decision.

I think Denver has a good young team and while they lack at the most important position, I'm just not on board with these trade talks to acquire Rodgers.

Good luck in QB purgatory, picking anywhere between 14-20 every year.

I can tell you how it works out if you'd like or you can wait and see?

Wisconsin_Chief 05-19-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 15679491)
Yea my point is it makes no sense for Rodgers to leave what would ultimately be a better situation.

He doesn't care about the football situation as much as the big picture.

He hates the Packers front office and wants to play out west. That's what it boils down to.

htismaqe 05-19-2021 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15679501)

Trading the core of their team for Rodgers isn't a solution. It's different but it's not BETTER.

Mile High Mania 05-19-2021 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15679501)

Thanks... it happens to most teams. You guys were there for a while, now it's my turn for a bit. I was 12 when I became a Denver fan, Elway's 2nd season... and it was a hell of a ride. Then, 13 seasons with a few decent runs until Manning. Now, I'm entering season 6 since the SB. I think they have a solid team right now after solid drafts and smarter FA signings for the most part.

It's a hell of a division though. We'll see how it goes.

TEX 05-19-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15679683)
Thanks... it happens to most teams. You guys were there for a while, now it's my turn for a bit. I was 12 when I became a Denver fan, Elway's 2nd season... and it was a hell of a ride. Then, 13 seasons with a few decent runs until Manning. Now, I'm entering season 6 since the SB. I think they have a solid team right now after solid drafts and smarter FA signings for the most part.

Last place. 3rd place best case. I've been right, you know, a lot the past few years when it comes to Denver's misery. It's been pretty satisfying! :D

Mile High Mania 05-19-2021 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15679787)
Last place. 3rd place best case. I've been right, you know, a lot the past few years when it comes to Denver's misery. It's been pretty satisfying! :D

Maybe, 2nd place isn’t impossible

Peter Gibbons 05-19-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15679887)

Second place for Denver would require really stupid coaching and a slew of injuries from the Chargers bordering on the unholy........so, yeah, it’s possible.

BlackOp 05-19-2021 08:59 PM

NFL.com predicted 8.1 wins for the Donks...so a 8-9 record keeps them comfortably out of top QB draft range. This will continue forever until they get a top 10 QB...

Even with a top 5 defense...they will never be able to consistently compete with the Chiefs/Mahomes.

Should have rolled the dice with Fields...Surtain isnt going to make them a contender. He would have been a great pick if they already had a QB.

Chiefs revamped o-line is going to put Mahomes back in the 45-50/5000 range. Doinks are going to have to score points..

J Diddy 05-19-2021 09:06 PM

Quote:

I believe a winning strategy would be to trade for a Patriots backup. maybe get their front office guy.

wazu 05-19-2021 09:44 PM

2020 Regular Season

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"># of first half drives ending with TDs<br><br>39 GB<br>38<br>37<br>36<br>35<br>34<br>33<br>32 NO<br>31<br>30 BUF, TB, IND, TEN<br>29<br>28 BAL, KC<br>27<br>26 CLE<br>25 LAC<br>24 SEA, DET<br>23 LV, ARI<br>22 PIT, MIN<br>21 ATL, CAR, SF<br>20 PHI<br>19 DAL, MIA, CHI, HOU<br>18 LAR, CIN<br>17<br>16<br>15<br>14 NYG, JAX<br>13 WAS<br>12 NYJ, NE<br>11 DEN</p>&mdash; Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1395160881714114562?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 19, 2021</a></blockquote>

TEX 05-19-2021 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15679887)

Not "impossible," cuz you never know when Charger gonna Charger.

O.city 05-20-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15679519)
Trading the core of their team for Rodgers isn't a solution. It's different but it's not BETTER.

Of course it's better. You have the QB, you can put pieces around him easier than you can add an MVP QB to a team.

O.city 05-20-2021 10:02 AM

Quote:

LOL. Is this a Chiefs fan post from 1993-20017?

Good luck man.

Mile High Mania 05-20-2021 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680542)
Of course it's better. You have the QB, you can put pieces around him easier than you can add an MVP QB to a team.

Well, the window is too narrow for Rodgers if you try to do that though... if you're trading for Rodgers with the goal of winning the SB in the next 3 years, you have to be crazy super deep if you have to give up key young studs at top positions like DL and OL.

RaidersOftheCellar 05-20-2021 10:49 AM

Broncos fans think they're going to get Rodgers for a few draft picks and no players. Hilarious.

GB has no intention of making a deal, but if they did, they would absolutely fleece the trade partner. They have the leverage here. They're not giving up the MVP for a few late first round picks.

O.city 05-20-2021 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15680589)
Well, the window is too narrow for Rodgers if you try to do that though... if you're trading for Rodgers with the goal of winning the SB in the next 3 years, you have to be crazy super deep if you have to give up key young studs at top positions like DL and OL.

Is Bradley Chubb an all pro type pass rusher? Is Jeudy that at WR?

Maybe they are and you just can't let them go. I dunno. But if you can trade a pass rusher and a WR for a HOF MVP QB in his prime, I'd think you'd be pretty interested.

The issue is just Rodgers age. Are we at "fall off a cliff" time?

notorious 05-20-2021 10:56 AM

I’m willing to bet if he’s traded it will be for less than what most are predicting.

Green Bay is poorly managed. They are going to get fisted on any deal.

htismaqe 05-20-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680542)

What pieces can they put around him without having a 1st round pick until 2024?

Mile High Mania 05-20-2021 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680656)

Maybe they are and you just can't let them go. I dunno. But if you can trade a pass rusher and a WR for a HOF MVP QB in his prime, I'd think you'd be pretty interested.

Chubb is not a guy that I'm interested in trading, not with Von being in his situation. Jeudy... same deal, why give up on him as a #2 behind Sutton at this point?

And, sure... if Rodgers were 32, go for it maybe. But, that's not the scenario.

Mile High Mania 05-20-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15680665)

And, that's the problem with also giving up a Jeudy and/or Chubb.

htismaqe 05-20-2021 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680544)
LOL. Is this a Chiefs fan post from 1993-20017?

Good luck man.

Imagine how good Alex Smith would be without Justin Houston, Eric Berry (when healthy) and all of those guys.

You're just not looking at this rationally.

Garcia Bronco 05-20-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680656)

He turned in his best throw times near ever last year. I don't think that's a near term concern.

Jeudy I would trade in a heartbeat...Chubb might be iffy. But Chubb hasn't really accomplished anything either. He did put up 14 sacks as a rookie, but part of that is the scheme being run where he's showcased.

QB is the most important position on the field. If you can get the league MVP...you do that. Not any any cost, but within reason.

htismaqe 05-20-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15680666)
Chubb is not a guy that I'm interested in trading, not with Von being in his situation. Jeudy... same deal, why give up on him as a #2 behind Sutton at this point?

And, sure... if Rodgers were 32, go for it maybe. But, that's not the scenario.

If they give up 3 consecutive first round picks, it's entirely likely that Rodgers will be RETIRED before they have another one.

O.city 05-20-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15680665)

Free agency, the second round on?

They'll be good so those picks will be at the back end of the first either way.

I don't think the trade happens, Denver won't give up that much.

But if they don't, they'll be right in that 9/10 win ceiling for a while as they don't have a QB. So either way works for me.

htismaqe 05-20-2021 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco (Post 15680670)
He turned in his best throw times near ever last year. I don't think that's a near term concern.

Jeudy I would trade in a heartbeat...Chubb might be iffy. But Chubb hasn't really accomplished anything either. He did put up 14 sacks as a rookie, but part of that is the scheme being run where he's showcased.

QB is the most important position on the field. If you can get the league MVP...you do that. Not any any cost, but within reason.

The prices being thrown around simply aren't "within reason". That's the issue.

htismaqe 05-20-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680672)
Free agency, the second round on?

They'll be good so those picks will be at the back end of the first either way.

I don't think the trade happens, Denver won't give up that much.

But if they don't, they'll be right in that 9/10 win ceiling for a while as they don't have a QB. So either way works for me.

They're not a contender with Rodgers if they give up that much to get him. I don't care how good he is.

He might get them to 11 or 12 wins but they're not winning in the playoffs with Rodgers and a bunch of nobody's. GB can't win and they have the best WR in the game arguably.

O.city 05-20-2021 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15680668)
Imagine how good Alex Smith would be without Justin Houston, Eric Berry (when healthy) and all of those guys.

You're just not looking at this rationally.

And he had all those guys and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs once.

If we're shooting for the Alex Smith Chiefs tenure, sure. Go for it.

You aren't winning a SB with that type of Qb in today's NFL. So you have a choice.

htismaqe 05-20-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680675)
And he had all those guys and made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs once.

If we're shooting for the Alex Smith Chiefs tenure, sure. Go for it.

You aren't winning a SB with that type of Qb in today's NFL. So you have a choice.

You aren't winning a SB with Aaron Rodgers and a bunch of 2nd-tier players. See also: Green Bay.

O.city 05-20-2021 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15680674)
They're not a contender with Rodgers if they give up that much to get him. I don't care how good he is.

He might get them to 11 or 12 wins but they're not winning in the playoffs with Rodgers and a bunch of nobody's. GB can't win and they have the best WR in the game arguably.

GB made it to back to back NFC championship games.

Rodgers didn't play his best in either, but the SF one didn't matter, they couldn't stop a nosebleed. But with Rodgers and his ability, I don't think anyone woudl argue that GB had a chance.

O.city 05-20-2021 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15680678)
You aren't winning a SB with Aaron Rodgers and a bunch of 2nd-tier players. See also: Green Bay.

Can Denver not add any other players?

Mile High Mania 05-20-2021 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 15680658)
I’m willing to bet if he’s traded it will be for less than what most are predicting.

Green Bay is poorly managed. They are going to get fisted on any deal.

That would be sweet, but won't happen.

It's too bad DaeSeann Hamilton had his injury, looks like he was about to be traded and could have been a nice piece to a trade offer for Rodgers.

QB - Lock (or Bridgewater)
WR - KJ Hamler (or Tim Patrick)
LB - Josey Jewel (or Alexander Johnson)
CB - Michael Ojemudia (or Caden Stearns, rookie)

2022 R1
2022 R3
2023 R2

Do something like that --- which is likely not ideal for GB --- but, I could certainly be happy with that kind of a trade.

htismaqe 05-20-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 15680684)
Can Denver not add any other players?

How good have they been at adding players?

Like I said yesterday when somebody said Chubb is easily replaced, the Broncos have spent 5 1st or 2nd round picks on DE's in the last 10 drafts and only 2 have panned out. Both were top 5 picks.

We're talking about the Broncos here. They've been AWFUL with personnel for the better part of Elway's tenure.

O.city 05-20-2021 11:08 AM

I get what you're saying htis. You need a solid squad to win.

But I would atleast get Denver taking a shot doing this. The alternative is to keep winning 6/7 and being a shitbird team with good players. Atleast this way you are a hot streak from your Qb away from having a chance.