ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=325169)

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 14455824)
I love Terez, but he’s never broken anything. He always has the “so and so had it first” tweet after it has been reported. He’s not at La Canfora’s level (who has broken a lot of news, including the trading of Marcus Peters a week before it went down) yet.

He was the first person to break the Alex Smith trade

pugsnotdrugs19 09-17-2019 12:34 PM

Chadiha: https://twitter.com/jeffrichadiha/st...601018368?s=21

Basically means that KC is open to trading for him but will NOT extend. They probably want to flip him next offseason like we’ve been talking about.

Strongside 09-17-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14455821)
Try and call about Patrick Peterson in a month and if not, make due with what you have and attack it this offseason.

Aqib Talib
Chris Harris Jr
Ronald Darby
Jimmy Smith
Logan Ryan
Brandon Carr

The FA corner class is as strong next year as I can remember it being. See if you can get one of those guys to want to come in and play with Pat. Then use your 1st on a corner.

This is the exact path we took last year.

And then promptly watched Tom Brady convert 3 straight 3rd downs on his way to the Super Bowl.

No thanks. I'm out on not attacking a glaring need when the solution is potentially right in front of your face.

This is a move Belichick makes. And it's why they win.

bricks 09-17-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14455820)
Clearly, the Chiefs could use more talent on D to help them win. If the cost for Ramsey is 2 1sts and his agent is saying he wants the most money, and most guaranteed money, for a CB ever after his contract is up next year, I'd think long and hard about whether 2 1sts is worth what may be a two year rental for a player who will bring back a 3rd -- MAYBE -- as a comp pick.

My gut says no he ain’t worth the price. Unless, he helps the Chiefs win the Superbowl but thats no guarantee.

Mecca 09-17-2019 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14455816)
D looked great wout him last week. Im not scared of the Pats like you guys apparently are.

Yea cause judging Derek Carr and his band of no elite receivers is comparable to Tom Brady and his group.

Mr. Plow 09-17-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14455828)
Guys can we all just come together. I know everyone wants a answer on Ramsey but it may take a little bit till we find out. Till then let’s just remain calm and be friends :)

Can you get us some random tweets that either give us hope or crush it?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 14455839)
Can you get us some random tweets that either give us hope or crush it?

I’m on it!!

Kman34 09-17-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14455830)
The Patriots are just a bit better than the Raiders.

This.. we didn’t touch Brady and he had his way with us cause we were a hot mess in the secondary... maybe if we can cover a little better.... who knows

St. Patty's Fire 09-17-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 14455834)

And then promptly watched Tom Brady convert 3 straight 3rd downs on his way to the Super Bowl.

No thanks. I'm out on not attacking a glaring need when the solution is potentially right in front of your face.

1000% this.

At this juncture, **** patience. I get wanting to play the long game, but we need a god damn championship. And Ramsey brings us closer to that goal, and will bring us closer than any other available player.

comochiefsfan 09-17-2019 12:36 PM

Someone explain to me why we can’t trade for him as a rental, use him to win a ring, and then after the Super Bowl, flip him to another team for their first rounder that would be a higher pick than our original first round pick was?

Mr. Plow 09-17-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14455832)
He was the first person to break the Alex Smith trade

Thank you. I didn't understand it the first time it was posted. Now I do. I appreciate it.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-17-2019 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14455829)
What are you talking about...he broke the Smith trade

That’s it. What else has he been first on?

Halfcan 09-17-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14455820)
Clearly, the Chiefs could use more talent on D to help them win. If the cost for Ramsey is 2 1sts and his agent is saying he wants the most money, and most guaranteed money, for a CB ever after his contract is up next year, I'd think long and hard about whether 2 1sts is worth what may be a two year rental for a player who will bring back a 3rd -- MAYBE -- as a comp pick.

Everyone knows you will be totally flipping this position if the Pats trade for him. :rolleyes:

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 14455845)
Someone explain to me why we can’t trade for him as a rental, use him to win a ring, and then after the Super Bowl, flip him to another team for another team’s first rounder that would be a higher pick than our original first round pick was?

Because Chiefs...

WhiteWhale 09-17-2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Belichick trades high draft picks mid-season for players at peak value?

Name once.

Since he apparently makes these moves ALL THE TIME, it should be easy to name one time in the past 20 years.

It's gonna be awesome having a franchise QB and no first round picks until 2135

BryanBusby 09-17-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 14455847)
That’s it. What else has he been first on?

He's not one to really break a lot of news, but that's enough to say that post is wrong.

MahiMike 09-17-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14455725)
Yeah im out on two 1sts.

That would be what, 4 consecutive years w/o a 1st round pick?

Mahomes is worth 5 1st round picks.

RunKC 09-17-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Chiefs path last year was keeping Bob Sutton despite the fact he should have been fired while ignoring the secondary and trotting out the worst safeties in team history.

This year is not the same

New World Order 09-17-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14455837)
Yea cause judging Derek Carr and his band of no elite receivers is comparable to Tom Brady and his group.

yip

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 12:40 PM

Mahomes is worth 10 first round picks

Chiefs Pantalones 09-17-2019 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14455852)
He's not one to really break a lot of news, but that's enough to say that post is wrong.

K.

PAChiefsGuy 09-17-2019 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14455837)

Exactly. You dont know how good or bad this D is going to be. No need to hit the panic button in week 3.

Hammock Parties 09-17-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Someone explain to me why we can’t trade for him as a rental, use him to win a ring, and then after the Super Bowl, flip him to another team for their first rounder that would be a higher pick than our original first round pick was?

This.

His salary next year has $0 guaranteed.

The Franchise 09-17-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Because he could hold out after the trade if he’s looking for a new deal

Jerm 09-17-2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14455870)
Exactly. You dont know how good or bad this D is going to be. No need to hit the panic button in week 3.

It's not hitting the panic button...it's an opportunity to add an elite piece at a glaring deficiency, one that may cause you not to win the SB.

You take those opportunities...

We know what Ward and Fuller are and I'm not waiting to see what Claiborne is.

Mecca 09-17-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 14455870)

I know what we are...we're a CB group of 2's and 3's that is going to have to face a team that throws the ball in about 1.5 seconds that has a top 5 group in the league.

Strongside 09-17-2019 12:45 PM

Off-topic, but this is interesting.

This is the dude from PFT that leaks news through his dog, Leroy.

Looks like the Jets are bringing in Kaep.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per sources, Colin Kaepernick and his family are flying in to New Jersey this afternoon. Woof woof woof</p>&mdash; NFL Insider Leroy (@LeroyInsider) <a href="https://twitter.com/LeroyInsider/status/1174030552447508482?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jerm 09-17-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Because you don't trade 25 yr. old elite CBs....you pay them and build around them.

BryanBusby 09-17-2019 12:45 PM

I don't think the Chiefs are gonna give two first round picks for Ramsey

pugsnotdrugs19 09-17-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14455874)
Because he could hold out after the trade if he’s looking for a new deal

Exactly why you can only trade for him IF he agrees to play it out this year.

And based on Chadiha’s tweet, that’s what KC has told them.

Amnorix 09-17-2019 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14455849)
Everyone knows you will be totally flipping this position if the Pats trade for him. :rolleyes:

I'll post it right now -- the Patriots will NOT trade for him and, in my view, would be idiots if they did. They (unlike the Chiefs) do NOT need any more cornerbacks, and I find it highly unlikely that BB would trade two 1sts and give up a ton of cap space, when they are already tight for him.

But the cost/benefit isn't there. Pats already have an elite DB corps.

New World Order 09-17-2019 12:49 PM

I've missed a lot.

Jax wants 2 firsts?

keg in kc 09-17-2019 12:50 PM

This is that story we get every year where everybody says "we need to get this guy" and we never do.

dallaschiefsfan 09-17-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14455792)
NO! Absolutely not 10 out of 10 times. The questions are:

1. Is the "elite talent" cheap, or are you paying a premium? If you're trading a 1st for an "elite" talent who is getting, or soon will get, top of the market dollars, then you have given up BOTH a pick AND salary cap space. Maybe that's worth doing, but maybe not.

2. Is the "elite talent" going to fit your scheme, and your team? Both in terms of how much of an upgrade is the guy over your current guys, and how his personality and work ethic will fit in your locker room. You don't just get the talent, you get THE ENTIRE GUY. All the good AND the bad. There's usually a reason the guy is on teh trading block. Other teams dont' drop elite talent for no reason.

3. What is the cost in picks. A 7th? Ok. A 1st? Will it be a low 1st (Pats/Chiefs?) or a high 1st (jets/'pins). More than one pick? How many? What rounds?

So it's nowhere near 10 out of 10 times. It's very situational.

Proven talent > picks. That's true. But there's a definite cost. Picks are the best way to accrue cheap talent you can control for years.

This is all true. But this is also not a game of scarcity as if this kind of move somehow happens in a vacuum apart from potential future deals - whatever they are tentatively thinking on future deals is a part of the equation that helps make this kind of decision 10 out 10 easy or much more complex. D-Rob and Mecole continue to step up over the next few weeks and Sammy continues to ball, we get back a pick and a little bit of salary relief by trading Watkins. We don't need to get back the 1st rounder - we just get back some value. Same with Chris Jones, if he just wants to be PAID...especially if we go to the SB and win it.

Mr. Plow 09-17-2019 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 14455894)
This is that story we get every year where everybody says "we need to get this guy" and we never do.

But we NEED to get this guy.

BryanBusby 09-17-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 14455892)
I've missed a lot.

Jax wants 2 firsts?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per rival clubs, the asking price for Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey is two first-round picks.<br><br>That&#39;s a starting point. And added to what it&#39;d cost to extend Ramsey, it&#39;s a lot. But it&#39;s not totally crazy, given what Seattle got for Frank Clark and Miami got for Laremy Tunsil.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1174020529860358155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No way I'd make that trade.

Amnorix 09-17-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Because the team that would trade a 1st to YOU *after* this year will presumably trade a 1st to the JAGS *now*, so your scenario seems unlikely.

Plus, you're presumptively going to have a bottom 4 at least pick in the 1st round. Everyone else's 1st round pick is worth more than yours.

PLUS you're an AFC powerhouse. The Jags are also in the AFC. If all else is equal, they will trade him to the NFC instead.

Welcome to being a Big Dog, but that's the math. Get used to it...

T-post Tom 09-17-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14455887)
I'll post it right now -- the Patriots will NOT trade for him and, in my view, would be idiots if they did. They (unlike the Chiefs) do NOT need any more cornerbacks, and I find it highly unlikely that BB would trade two 1sts and give up a ton of cap space, when they are already tight for him.

But the cost/benefit isn't there. Pats already have an elite DB corps.

New conspiracy theory: NE working the phones, trying to drive up the price. Also offering a bevy of under-inflated footballs to any team willing to outbid the Chiefs. :p

The Franchise 09-17-2019 12:54 PM

They can ask for eight 1st round picks. Doesn’t mean they’ll get it.

dlphg9 09-17-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 14455796)
Y'all can take Terez to be gospel all you want, but up until the day the news broke, he constantly reiterated that no one in the organization had mentioned to him that they were in on Earl Thomas.

The guy is a fantastic news reporter – my favorite. But the Chiefs aren't stupid. They aren't going to give information to an insider to run online with that would drive up the asking price.

I don't think the Chiefs were gonna trade for Thomas. Beach likes to act like we were going to do a trade or sign a player until it was too late. They had no interest to trade for him and give him a big deal, cuz if they wanted to they would have signed him this off season. He is just older than Veachs typical guy he signs.

New World Order 09-17-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14455898)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per rival clubs, the asking price for Jaguars CB Jalen Ramsey is two first-round picks.<br><br>That&#39;s a starting point. And added to what it&#39;d cost to extend Ramsey, it&#39;s a lot. But it&#39;s not totally crazy, given what Seattle got for Frank Clark and Miami got for Laremy Tunsil.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1174020529860358155?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

eek

pugsnotdrugs19 09-17-2019 12:55 PM

It doesn’t HAVE to be Ramsey but we do need to get someone at some point. Hopefully Arizona sucks.

wazu 09-17-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Love seeing our trade for Clark being equivocated to Texans trade for Tunsil.

Amnorix 09-17-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan (Post 14455896)
This is all true. But this is also not a game of scarcity as if this kind of move somehow happens in a vacuum apart from potential future deals - whatever they are tentatively thinking on future deals is a part of the equation that helps make this kind of decision 10 out 10 easy or much more complex. D-Rob and Mecole continue to step up over the next few weeks and Sammy continues to ball, we get back a pick and a little bit of salary relief by trading Watkins. We don't need to get back the 1st rounder - we just get back some value. Same with Chris Jones, if he just wants to be PAID...especially if we go to the SB and win it.

Dont' get me wrong -- this deal is worth thinking about for the Chiefs. You f'ing know that you're facing the Pats in the AFCCG. You know that your WRs > Pats WRs, but not by a helluva lot IF Brown is playing.

You also know that Pats DBs/Defense >> Chiefs DBs/Defense and that Jalen Brown could help quite a bit with that.

It's definitely worth thinking about. The cost is high, but maybe you do have to pay it. I don't know.

Mecca 09-17-2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Its 2 32's it's not like it's pick 8 and 17

BryanBusby 09-17-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14455912)

That makes it incredibly difficult to do a one year rental and recoup the trade cost in the offseason.

I'd flip an extra 3 because **** it why not, but 2 firsts is a bit much.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 12:58 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Contrary to the report from <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JasonLaCanfora</a>, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> currently have little interest in pursuing Jalen Ramsey. <br><br>Hearing this from <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ByNateTaylor</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TerezPaylor</a>. Two of the most credible Chiefs insiders out there.</p>&mdash; The Reid Option (@ReidOptionKC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ReidOptionKC/status/1174034057065324545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

dannybcaitlyn 09-17-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14455912)

That’s why I’m on board. Let’s do it!!

MIAdragon 09-17-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14455914)
That makes it incredibly difficult to do a one year rental and recoup the trade cost in the offseason.

I'd flip an extra 3 because **** it why not, but 2 firsts is a bit much.

Super bowl.

TambaBerry 09-17-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14455915)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Contrary to the report from <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@JasonLaCanfora</a>, the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> currently have little interest in pursuing Jalen Ramsey. <br><br>Hearing this from <a href="https://twitter.com/ByNateTaylor?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ByNateTaylor</a> &amp; <a href="https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TerezPaylor</a>. Two of the most credible Chiefs insiders out there.</p>&mdash; The Reid Option (@ReidOptionKC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ReidOptionKC/status/1174034057065324545?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

please for the love of god stop posting people like this douchebag **** them this adds nothing to this topic

New World Order 09-17-2019 01:00 PM

Well, hopefully they're targeting someone else if they don't want Ramsey.

Think we might be rolling with Ward this year.

Mecca 09-17-2019 01:00 PM

Also the reporter thing is what it is, it's more than possible the Chiefs have 0 interest in leaking shit to the media when they may have to compete with half the league for a guy.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14455918)
please for the love of god stop posting people like this douchebag **** them this adds nothing to this topic

He’s reporting what others are saying. This is related to this topic

BryanBusby 09-17-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 14455917)
Super bowl.

They're going to be favorites for a decade once Tom retires to get mono from kids.

TambaBerry 09-17-2019 01:04 PM

1 28 Pittsburgh Steelers Terrell Edmunds S Virginia Tech ACC
1 29 Jacksonville Jaguars Taven Bryan DT Florida SEC
1 30 Minnesota Vikings Mike Hughes CB UCF The American
1 31 New England Patriots Sony Michel RB Georgia SEC
1 32 Baltimore Ravens Lamar Jackson QB Louisville ACC

1 28 Dallas Cowboys Taco Charlton DE Michigan Big Ten
1 29 Cleveland Browns David Njoku TE Miami (FL) ACC from Green Bay
1 30 Pittsburgh Steelers T. J. Watt † LB Wisconsin Big Ten
1 31 San Francisco 49ers Reuben Foster LB Alabama SEC from Atlanta via
1 32 New Orleans Saints Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin Big Ten from New

1 28 San Francisco 49ers Joshua Garnett G Stanford Pac-12 from Ka
1 – New England Patriots Selection forfeited as a result of the Deflategate
1 29 Arizona Cardinals Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss SEC
1 30 Carolina Panthers Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech C-USA
1 31 Seattle Seahawks Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M SEC

this is the last three years picking that late in the 1st round not a lot of good players in this group at all maybe 1 tj watt who id want right now

TambaBerry 09-17-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14455921)
He’s reporting what others are saying. This is related to this topic

no its some random dude tweeting out trying to get people to follow him thats all it is. You've already posting all of those guys tweets that he referenced. He literally added nothing to it

Buckweath 09-17-2019 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14455918)

More like he is reporting what absolutely makes sense and what is very likely the position of the Chiefs staff but fans will dismiss what doesn't fit what they'd like to hear.

Ramsey makes very little sense.

It is what it is.

Mecca 09-17-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 14455928)
More like he is reporting what absolutely makes sense and what is very likely the position of the Chiefs staff but fans will dismiss what doesn't fit what they'd like to hear.

It is what it is.

Other than CB is by far our weakest position.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 01:06 PM

Quote:

It is what it is.

Thank you!!

BryanBusby 09-17-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14455926)
1 28 Pittsburgh Steelers Terrell Edmunds S Virginia Tech ACC
1 29 Jacksonville Jaguars Taven Bryan DT Florida SEC
1 30 Minnesota Vikings Mike Hughes CB UCF The American
1 31 New England Patriots Sony Michel RB Georgia SEC
1 32 Baltimore Ravens Lamar Jackson QB Louisville ACC

1 28 Dallas Cowboys Taco Charlton DE Michigan Big Ten
1 29 Cleveland Browns David Njoku TE Miami (FL) ACC from Green Bay
1 30 Pittsburgh Steelers T. J. Watt † LB Wisconsin Big Ten
1 31 San Francisco 49ers Reuben Foster LB Alabama SEC from Atlanta via
1 32 New Orleans Saints Ryan Ramczyk OT Wisconsin Big Ten from New

1 28 San Francisco 49ers Joshua Garnett G Stanford Pac-12 from Ka
1 – New England Patriots Selection forfeited as a result of the Deflategate
1 29 Arizona Cardinals Robert Nkemdiche DT Ole Miss SEC
1 30 Carolina Panthers Vernon Butler DT Louisiana Tech C-USA
1 31 Seattle Seahawks Germain Ifedi OT Texas A&M SEC

this is the last three years picking that late in the 1st round not a lot of good players in this group at all maybe 1 tj watt who id want right now

Ramczyk, Njoku, Watt, Jackson and Michel have all been decent selections.

UChieffyBugger 09-17-2019 01:09 PM

Guys...let's learn from the Earl Thomas situation. Folks said we weren't interested and it turns out we were and had a deal in place. No-one knew we were on the brink of getting him again last offseason as well. Also who said anything about Tyrann and Hitchens? No-one!!. The Chiefs FO have NOT be leaking much stuff since Veach took control. Hell, even this Fitzpatrick stuff Terez only said something AFTER he joined the Steelers, not before.

O.city 09-17-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14455931)
Ramczyk, Njoku, Watt, Jackson and Michel have all been decent selections.

The way I look at that would be, other than the 5th year potential option (which is big) are any of those guys really that much better than what you could get in the first round?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14455932)
Guys...let's learn from the Earl Thomas situation. Folks said we weren't interested and it turns out we were and had a deal in place. No-one knew we were on the brink of getting him again last offseason as well. Also who said anything about Tyrann and Hitchens? No-one!!. The Chiefs FO have NOT be leaking much stuff since Veach took control. Hell, even this Fitzpatrick stuff Terez only said something AFTER he joined the Steelers, not before.

You know what you right. Chiefs FO hardly leaks anything. I like that. They play it close to their vest. Hell they picked up Shady when people said we weren’t interested and boom we got him

BryanBusby 09-17-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14455933)
The way I look at that would be, other than the 5th year potential option (which is big) are any of those guys really that much better than what you could get in the first round?

I'd rather keep some picks to get better protection for Pat.

arrwheader 09-17-2019 01:14 PM

Think this isn't happening only because it hasn't happened yet. Add the press conference he had....don't think it's happening. If the chiefs were deep in talks and something was imminent with trading him I doubt he goes and talks to the media then. I think they are asking too much with the high draft picks and the new team potentially having to sign him long term.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 01:16 PM

Veach learn from the Earl Thomas mistake. Yes it will cost a lot to get Ramsey but it’s worth it. Veach better not be thinking oh we upgraded to Breeland this year and that’s enough to beat the Pats. Maybe there thinking is we were one offsides away from going to the super bowl and we have upgraded the defense. They don’t need to add anyone

Strongside 09-17-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 14455932)

Have BEEN saying this. Why in the **** would the team leak that they're in active negotiations? To Terez, Jeff, or anyone.

They wouldn't.

Are they in on him? Who the hell knows. But I, for one, continue to go back to that Earl Thomas deal. Everyone said the Chiefs were out. Not interested. Then boom. Had a deal in place.

BleedingRed 09-17-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

It is what it is.

Here you are playing checkers when GM's play chess...

Showing interest in Ramsey makes all the sense in the world if you are trying to move Dolphins or Cardinals on their CB's that we want. Putting out you have no interest in Ramsey put pressure on Jaguars to look at the package you offered.

Again I think Veach has interest in all three CB's

Peterson
Howard
Ramsey

And he is playing the media game (dangerous) to get one of them to budge on his offer.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-17-2019 01:20 PM

It’s already been reported Cardinals adamantly said no to us in regards to PP and Howard doesn’t want to be traded. Leaves us with Ramsey

Bwana 09-17-2019 01:21 PM

Did some team overpay for this POS yet?

CaliforniaChief 09-17-2019 01:21 PM

Why is everyone referring to the Earl Thomas thing as a mistake? I mean, we've got Thornhill back there at a great price for a few years, which allows us to even have this conversation.

Strongside 09-17-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 14455952)
Why is everyone referring to the Earl Thomas thing as a mistake? I mean, we've got Thornhill back there at a great price for a few years, which allows us to even have this conversation.

Not referring to it as a mistake. I'm referring to it as proof that the team doesn't always loose-lip info to the media when they're working on a deal.

O.city 09-17-2019 01:23 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Jalen Ramsey was targeted 120 times covering AB/TY/Tyreek/OBJ/D-Hop, he’s allowed a 69 passer rating. <br><br>Rest of the NFL allowed a 104 rating when covering that group. <br><br>JR is the only corner with 300+ targets that allowed -EPA/target (offense is worse off after the play).</p>&mdash; George Chahrouri (@PFF_George) <a href="https://twitter.com/PFF_George/status/1174037626011230208?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mecca 09-17-2019 01:23 PM

Lets be real if we don't move on this we're gonna end up with like Janoris Jenkins.

BleedingRed 09-17-2019 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14455949)
It’s already been reported Cardinals adamantly said no to us in regards to PP and Howard doesn’t want to be traded. Leaves us with Ramsey

Adamantly saying NO doesn't mean that he wasn't for trade, it could very well be we tried to low ball them on trade package because of suspension.

Howard doesn't get a choice in if he is being traded, and considering its a firesale over there right now i'd say he is available for the right price.

Ramseys is about as good as done in Jacksonville. Now it will be about potential packages. Tommy boy does not like it when players buck management.

So cool your jets, like I said this is CHESS not CHECKERS.......

O.city 09-17-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 14455938)
I'd rather keep some picks to get better protection for Pat.

My bad, meant 2nd round.

Those back ass end of the first players are always glorified 2nd rounders to me. For every good player it seems there are 4 that are just meh.

Red Dawg 09-17-2019 01:24 PM

Terez says its a no then it's a no. Move on.

Prison Bitch 09-17-2019 01:25 PM

Did this POS fart on anyone yet?

New World Order 09-17-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14455956)
Lets be real if we don't move on this we're gonna end up with like Janoris Jenkins.

*Shivers

BleedingRed 09-17-2019 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14455958)
My bad, meant 2nd round.

Those back ass end of the first players are always glorified 2nd rounders to me. For every good player it seems there are 4 that are just meh.

If your Veach you gamble now in my estimation. Go all in, and put together a top 15 back end with potential to be top 10.

You have a DC whose calling card is defeating Tom Brady, the AFC has no other legitimate challengers. Stock up for the fight of your life vs the patriots, and go all in.

P.S.
If we offered D. Rob + 1st Rounder + Mid Rounder it might make the Jag's move. They need WR's and why not capitalize on D. Robs 170 2td Game.