ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294718)

chiefzilla1501 09-16-2018 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13738756)
I told you guys that Reid is no different than someone like Tom Coughlin, Pete Carroll or that cuck Kubiak.

Once he gets the right QB, there is no reason he can't win a Lombardi.

Those guys are no better at coaching football than Reid is.

Reid has his guy.

That trophy is ****ing coming.

This is the problem, though. The last 2 games have been vintage Andy Reid - we came THIS close to losing games where we were throttling the opponent. And the pattern is the exact. same. damn. thing.

- Defense decent early. Chiefs score 2 quick TDs
- Defense can't get off the field (fall into Prevent defense). Offense goes into a shell & has totally ineffective 2nd quarter. Other team catches up
- Chiefs offense & defense dominate into a commanding lead
- Chiefs find a way to squander the lead. Offense goes into "protect the lead" mode, defense falls back to prevent again

And every step of the way is vintage Reid. The good news is we keep winning. The bad news is we keep winning. How many times do we have to see this brutal pattern? If Andy Reid continues to stubbornly refuse to put away games, we're going to piss away a really important game. Mahomes can win in shootouts but why the **** even force pressure drives when we don't need to? Maddening.

Sassy Squatch 09-16-2018 08:49 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NLpsvxkQSQ8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pitt Gorilla 09-16-2018 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13738978)
This is the problem, though. The last 2 games have been vintage Andy Reid - we came THIS close to losing games where we were throttling the opponent. And the pattern is the exact. same. damn. thing.

- Defense can't get off the field (fall into Prevent defense). Offense goes into a shell & has totally ineffective 2nd quarter. Other team catches up
- Chiefs find a way to squander the lead. Offense goes into "protect the lead" mode, defense falls back to prevent again

And every step of the way is vintage Reid. The good news is we keep winning. The bad news is we keep winning. How many times do we have to see this brutal pattern? If Andy Reid continues to stubbornly refuse to put away games, we're going to piss away a really important game. Mahomes can win in shootouts but why the **** even force pressure drives when we don't need to? Maddening.

we just played two excellent teams with incredible quarterbacks. You think we should have boat-raced them?

Hammock Parties 09-16-2018 08:51 PM

You're basically faulting the Chiefs for not blowing Pittsburgh out. They have a HOF QB, they were going to get back into the game against our complete shit secondary.

We had this game won when it was 42-30, then Conley fumbled. Reid has nothing to do with that.

And they were ahead 31-12 in LA, that game was over, who cares about garbage time.

"Vintage Reid" is that shit that happened in Indianapolis or against the Titans, not the last two weeks.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 08:51 PM

Quote:

And that is Andy Reid's 2 decades in the NFL, wrapped up into one paragraph.

And that's who he has ALWAYS been.

And he's STILL that.

And no one can answer the question about why they expect that he'll ever be any different from what he has always been.

They just say I'm an idiot...but can't tell me why.

One guy told me to name a current NFL head coach with a better winning percentage not named Belichick.

I named 3 guys named Mike off the top of my head : Zimmer, Tomlin, and McCarty. 2 of 'em have Super Bowls.

FFS

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13738991)
You're basically faulting the Chiefs for not blowing Pittsburgh out. They have a HOF QB, they were going to get back into the game against our complete shit secondary.

We had this game won when it was 42-30, then Conley fumbled. Reid has nothing to do with that.

And they were ahead 31-12 in LA, that game was over, who cares about garbage time.

"Vintage Reid" is that shit that happened in Indianapolis or against the Titans, not the last two weeks.

He's a fat one who sucks the penis, Clay.

And he SUCKS.

He's soft, his teams are always soft and pudgy. Weak up the middle, on offense AND defense.

I don't know if we can get anything better...but I want Super Bowls.

Andy is a retread who has never won shit without Jim Johnson, and even then, Reid went full Reidtard in the Super Bowl with his patented 7-minute offense when down by 14 that we saw in playoff losses in NE, and at home against Pit and TEN.

And that's a Reid trademark, going back to Philly...and he still does the same shit.

Mahomes overcame the refs, the Steelers AND HIS OWN COACH today.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2018 08:57 PM

Our run defense didn't look soft today, bud.

Why don't you roll back the tape of our last possession? Soft? Power O right up their ass. Ballgame.

You're just hating on one of the greatest NFL coaches ever.

Did you even watch the game today? Tomlin isn't a better coach than Reid. He had NO answer for our offense.

GloryDayz 09-16-2018 09:02 PM

Words can't express how terrible the decision was to keep Sutton. Even if it's because Andy has sacrificed the D to build an O that'll win games 70-68, keeping Sutton was a real kick in the teeth to Chiefs fans. And to not explain why (not that they have to), doesn't do anything to help fans stay positive. It's like they doubled-down on stupid, and kicking fans in the teeth.

Maybe they thought Berry would play... IDK.

Beef Supreme 09-16-2018 09:03 PM

Just believe.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13739010)

Why don't you roll back the tape of our last possession? Soft? Power O right up their ass. Ballgame.

Did you even watch the game today? Tomlin isn't a better coach than Reid. He had NO answer for our offense.

They stiffend on the last drive, with NO LeVeon Bell, against the backup.

And I never said Tomlin was better; I was asked who had a better win percentage than Reid among active coaches, and Tomlin is one of 3 guys named Mike amongst active coaches who DO have a better win percentage.

Words have meanings, Clay.
And I ain't hating on Reid for anything that every Philly fan hasn't hated him for already.

chiefzilla1501 09-16-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13738994)

And he's STILL that.

And no one can answer the question about why they expect that he'll ever be any different from what he has always been.

One guy told me to name a current NFL head coach with a better winning percentage not named Belichick.

I named 3 guys named Mike off the top of my head : Zimmer, Tomlin, and McCarty. 2 of 'em have Super Bowls.

FFS

It's a tough call. On the one hand, Reid & Mahomes are a perfect match. And you just hope that Mahomes' talent can help us un**** Reid's game management, or that Reid will begin to trust Mahomes' ability to put games away. And it's not hard to imagine that we can find some years with good bounces - Reid has had plenty of deep playoff success before. Maybe wishful thinking. For now, I'll just enjoy the show.

chiefzilla1501 09-16-2018 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13739010)

The gameplan was fine. I just don't understand why Reid continues to abandon the gameplan when we have a lead. Go for the throat. If your QB is dominating, keep pressing. If your D is having some success, stop rolling out that bullshit prevent.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13739041)
The gameplan was fine. I just don't understand why Reid continues to abandon the gameplan when we have a lead. Go for the throat. If your QB is dominating, keep pressing. If your D is having some success, stop rolling out that bullshit prevent.

It's shit like this that leads me to believe that Reid is complicit in the rigging.

It was like, as SOON as they threw the phantom flag to take the 27-0 away, take points off the board, Reid used that as his cue to take his foot off the throttle and let Pitt catch up a bit.

Anyone else notice that?

He did the same shit in the Denver game that is referenced in the OP of this thread.

Same.

****ing.

Shit.

JakeF 09-16-2018 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13738653)
Reid is like our farm puppy. She will blow my mind on just how smart she is then turn around and take a shit on my deck even though she’s surrounded by thousands of acres of open range.

Make no mistake, Reid can put clown shoes on the best NFL coaches. Problem is that he can and will take a shit on your deck.

That might be the weirdest analogy I've ever heard but I get it. I also agree with it.

It's too late though, once Clark chose Andy over Dorsey it was done. Reid got the power he desired and signed his contract extension. He will be here until he decides to leave.

It doesn't matter how many times Reid gets us to the playoffs only to shit on our deck.

GloryDayz 09-16-2018 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13739024)
Just believe.

We've been there for 48 years.

Hammock Parties 09-16-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 13739041)

What? He didn't take his foot off the gas.

We were in 5 wide practically the whole game.

For ****'s sake he went for a 99-yard TD pass.

One one of the possessions where Reid "failed" he drew up a bomb to Tyreek, who was open, and Morse got his shit pushed in a half second too early.

God forbid the other team win a quarter.

Some of you have very unrealistic expectations given our talent level on defense vs a HOF QB.

We're 2-0 in two road games with a QB who had never started a real game before.

Andy Reid is a ****ing genius and a top 5 NFL coach.

notorious 09-16-2018 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 13739046)
That might be the weirdest analogy I've ever heard but I get it. I also agree with it.

It's too late though, once Clark chose Andy over Dorsey it was done. Reid got the power he desired and signed his contract extension. He will be here until he decides to leave.

It doesn't matter how many times Reid gets us to the playoffs only to shit on our deck.

We have a franchise, elite QB.

Weird times call for weird analogies.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13739056)
We have a franchise, elite QB.

Weird times call for weird analogies.

And a nice big pile of shit on the back deck.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13739055)

One one of the possessions where Reid "failed" he drew up a bomb to Tyreek, who was open, and Morse got his shit pushed in a half second too early.

Some of you have very unrealistic expectations given our talent level on defense vs a HOF QB.

You know...you almost had me until that last statement.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13739051)

That's actually longer than I've been alive.

notorious 09-16-2018 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13739059)
And a nice big pile of shit on the back deck.

Playoff time.

Hopefully Cesar Mahomes whispers into our dog’s ear.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13739068)
Playoff time.

Hopefully Caesar Mahomes whispers into our dog’s ear.

ROFL

I LOVE CAESAR MAHOMES!!!

Hammock Parties 09-16-2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13739064)
You know...you almost had me until that last statement.

Name five current superior head coaches

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13739075)
Name five current superior head coaches

Belichick
Zimmer
Sean Payton
Sean McVey

Are obvious upgrades.

****, I'd take Doug Pedersen over Reid. John Harbaugh...****ing Doug Marrone had Jacksonville in the AFC Championship Game.

I guess Mike McCarty, but he should have MORE Super Bowls with what he's had to work with...

Ron Rivera?

Hammock Parties 09-16-2018 09:32 PM

Mike Zimmer? LMAO LMAO LMAO

Ron Rivera? The dude has a generational talent at QB and regularly misses the postseason.

GMAFB

You are delusional.

Eleazar 09-16-2018 09:37 PM

Quote:

Yep.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13739109)
Mike Zimmer? LMAO LMAO LMAO

Ron Rivera? The dude has a generational talent at QB and regularly misses the postseason.

GMAFB

You are delusional.

Cam has his issues, and there's a reason why I put a question mark behind his name...

And Mike Zimmer only needs to lose one Super Bowl and 3 more conference championship games to make it to Reid level...

Hey, I hope he proves me wrong.

I want a Super Bowl THIS ****ING YEAR.

THE FUTURE IS NOW.

If Reid is so great, he'll get it done, now won't he?

I'm a hold you to it, Clay.

Reid wins the SB as HC of the Chiefs.

Beef Supreme 09-16-2018 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13739051)

It's different now.

GloryDayz 09-16-2018 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13739138)
It's different now.

Yes, we're a lot of five-year plans into the 50-year process, and the numbers in the year are different.

LMAO

T-post Tom 09-16-2018 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13739129)
Cam has his issues, and there's a reason why I put a question mark behind his name...

And Mike Zimmer only needs to lose one Super Bowl and 3 more conference championship games to make it to Reid level...

Hey, I hope he proves me wrong.

I want a Super Bowl THIS ****ING YEAR.

THE FUTURE IS NOW.

If Reid is so great, he'll get it done, now won't he?

I'm a hold you to it, Clay.

Reid wins the SB as HC of the Chiefs.

Why do you keep bumping a thread that makes you look like a total buffoon? Give yourself a break.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13739158)
Yes, we're a lot of five-year plans into the 50-year process, and the numbers in the year are different.

LMAO

ROFL

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13739168)
Why do you keep bumping a thread that makes you look like a total buffoon? Give yourself a break.

3 years and 1200 posts later say 'shut the **** up, Brenda..."

Pitt Gorilla 09-16-2018 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 13739055)

Chiefs Fan can be so ****ing stupid. Reid is one of the best in the game and other teams' fans would love to have a coach this good. Enjoy it.

Beef Supreme 09-16-2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 13739158)

LMAO

Our young qb just dissected a team and threw six touchdowns. Yeah the defense is bad. But enjoy the huge win here.

GloryDayz 09-16-2018 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13739184)
Our young qb just dissected a team and threw six touchdowns. Yeah the defense is bad. But enjoy the huge win here.

I am, but that doesn't mean we should ignore the team's problem spots.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk

T-post Tom 09-16-2018 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13739176)
3 years and 1200 posts later say 'shut the **** up, Brenda..."

Bumping an inane thread that's confrontational doesn't make you look any less stupid, Gomer. Heard 2 HOF player's refer to AR as a "genius" just today. His record speaks for itself. If your goal is post volume while looking stupid...congrats, you succeeded.

T-post Tom 09-16-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 13739178)
Reid is one of the best in the game and other teams' fans would love to have a coach this good.

This.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13739252)
Bumping an inane thread that's confrontational doesn't make you look any less stupid, Gomer. Heard 2 HOF player's refer to AR as a "genius" just today. His record speaks for itself. If your goal is post volume while looking stupid...congrats, you succeeded.

Um, the only thing 'genius' about that him is that he finally traded Smith and inserted Mahomes into the lineup.

Other than that, he's been good, he's been bad and been in between.

I'll call him a GENIUS when we win a Super Bowl.

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 10:46 PM

Quote:

THIS.

FAX 09-16-2018 10:47 PM

Mr. rabblerouser.

I am disappoint.

FAX

T-post Tom 09-16-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13739286)
Um, the only thing 'genius' about that him is that he finally traded Smith and inserted Mahomes into the lineup.

Other than that, he's been good, he's been bad and been in between.

I'll call him a GENIUS when we win a Super Bowl.

Far cry from: "If I was Clark Hunt, ... Reid's ass is in my office 1st thing this morning and I might fire him." "How is this guy a head coach??" ROFL

https://image.ibb.co/iorsbe/reid_1.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/k7496e/reid_2.jpg

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13739294)
Mr. rabblerouser.

I am disappoint.

FAX

Awwww, no!

I don't want to disappointed you.

How's this :

Mahomes has brought new energy, things are different, it's a different era now...

My true disdain of Andy Reid stems from ReidSmith era failure.

The breath of fresh air that is PMII has washed mucho stinko out of Coach Reid...and Clay says he can take us to the Super Bowl.

So I will agree to not to ride Reid''s case as long as FAX will still do the Official Game Day threads and be FAXlike.

Deal?

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 13739324)
Far cry from: "If I was Clark Hunt, ... Reid's ass is in my office 1st thing this morning and I might fire him." "How is this guy a head coach??" ROFL

https://image.ibb.co/iorsbe/reid_1.jpg
https://image.ibb.co/k7496e/reid_2.jpg

Right.

Mahomes has changed the game, already...and this is just week 2.

FAX 09-16-2018 11:36 PM

Here's the thing, Mr. rabblerouser.

When Wally showed up, the Chiefs were the hottest mess in aisle 4, right? They needed to be stabilized. AS11 provided that. They were always looking for a franchise QB to develop, but they never found the right kid when the draft made it possible.

Wally just did you the greatest favor any NFL coach can ever do. He was patient. He righted the ship. He sat your guy for a full year so he could learn properly. He even made sure that AS11 would train him up, too. Then he unleashed your QB on the league all set and ready to go.

Wally did that. Not the man in the moon or Mr. BlackOp's poor mom ... Wally.

A lot of Chiefs fans have bought into a ton of the Philly bitching like it was "gospel". But the truth is Philly fans bitch about everything. Every day. Without ceasing. There's no end to it.

So a lot of what Chiefs fans think about Wally is seen through that "Philly Bitch Lens". Most of it is either untrue on its face or highly exaggerated. I mean, Wally turned that franchise into a consistent, big-time winner in a tough damn division and they still wanted his head ... what does that tell you?

All I suggest is that you temper your enthusiasm with a little perspective.

FAX

rabblerouser 09-16-2018 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 13739393)
Here's the thing, Mr. rabblerouser.

When Wally showed up, the Chiefs were the hottest mess in aisle 4, right? They needed to be stabilized. AS11 provided that. They were always looking for a franchise QB to develop, but they never found the right kid when the draft made it possible.

Wally just did you the greatest favor any NFL coach can ever do. He was patient. He righted the ship. He sat your guy for a full year so he could learn properly. He even made sure that AS11 would train him up, too. Then he unleashed your QB on the league all set and ready to go.

Wally did that. Not the man in the moon or Mr. BlackOp's poor mom ... Wally.

A lot of Chiefs fans have bought into a ton of the Philly bitching like it was "gospel". But the truth is Philly fans bitch about everything. Every day. Without ceasing. There's no end to it.

So a lot of what Chiefs fans think about Wally is seen through that "Philly Bitch Lens". Most of it is either untrue on its face or highly exaggerated. I mean, Wally turned that franchise into a consistent, big-time winner in a tough damn division and they still wanted his head ... what does that tell you?

All I suggest is that you temper your enthusiasm with a little perspective.

FAX

Post is logical.

RealSNR 09-17-2018 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13738002)
Haley.

You're dumb.

rabblerouser 09-17-2018 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13739535)
You're dumb.

I love you, too, sweetie.

That's why it sucks that I have to put you on ignore.

Now go suck an AIDS-infected antifreeze popcicle, you non-reading, single sentence quoting asshole.

RealSNR 09-17-2018 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13739539)
I love you, too, sweetie.

That's why it sucks that I have to put you on ignore.

Now go suck an AIDS-infected antifreeze popcicle, you non-reading, single sentence quoting asshole.

I don't care about your reasons you justified for your answer. You're ****ing dumb. You'd risk Mahomes' development on a ****ing lunatic psychopath like Haley all so you could watch him scream on gamedays and feel better that the teams' shortcomings weren't without an asshole yelling at everybody?

Newsflash, mother****er. Haley had weak ass ****ing teams in KC, too. Even in 2010.

Yelling at the refs/players doesn't mean shit gets done. It just means people think you're an asshole. Sometimes that's a good thing, but it doesn't make you a better head coach at all, particularly when it comes to QBs.

Golf coach can go **** himself. I would have wanted him nowhere ****ing CLOSE to my new franchise QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-20-2018 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13738589)
He'd be a GREAT OC.

Andy Reid is the same guy he's been for 2 decades.

If that's good enough for you, if you're cool with just going to the playoffs every year, then good for you.

I watched this team go from 2 wins back to 10 wins and then back to 2 wins, with banners and Black Sundays and players killing themselves and their wives and shit in front of the GM and coach...

Andy went 9-0 and lost in the playoffs.

Then missed the playoffs.

Then lost in the playoffs.

And then lost in the playoffs.

And then lost in the playoffs.

It's the same as it was with Alex - WE HAVE 2 DECADES OF ANDY REID ON TAPE, WITH EERILY SIMILAR RESULTS EVERY YEAR.

Why would anyone think he'll ever be anything different than what he's always been?

A great regular season coach who flames out in the playoffs and is always...just...short...

We've seen this before.

You can count on people to always be who they are.

I want a Super Bowl victory.

Take your pity and go **** yourself.

LMAO dude just f*** JJ UP!

Marcellus 09-20-2018 07:36 AM

You have to be pretty ****ing stupid to still believe this. Reid is a top 5 coach in the NFL right now and if he were fired teams would line up to hire him, just like the last time he was fired.

He has his flaws, all coaches do, even hoodie who benched his best CB in the SB last year FFS.

CasselGotPeedOn 09-20-2018 07:43 AM

This thread is a ****ing embarrassment. I can't believe the reerun OP keeps bumping it. If I started this thread, I'd want it dead and buried. Of course I'm not a ****ing imbecile, so there's no way I ever would've started a thread this moronic.

Mecca 09-20-2018 07:54 AM

Reid will always have this persona to basically all NFL fans that he will lose in the playoffs no matter how good the team is, so until the Chiefs win a Superbowl he will always be thought of as in a lot of ways similar to Schottenheimer.

Mecca 09-20-2018 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 13738994)

And he's STILL that.

FFS

I'm gonna get real here, Mike McCarthy and Mike Tomlin are extremely overrated coaches.

McCarthy has had a HOF QB his entire run there and he has 1 SB, he'd have been fired years ago if that one dude wasn't saving his ass every year. Matter of fact they could literally run this line under McCarty "Rodgers: I've been carrying this mother****er for 10 years, his whole family should thank me for his job" and could anyone disagree?

Mike Tomlin has 2 SB appearances and 1 win...his 1 win was basically with a team built entirely by Bill Cowher. It's really not hard to be thought of well and hardly ever have losing seasons when you take over a team with a young franchise QB.

Sassy Squatch 09-20-2018 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 13747363)
Reid will always have this persona to basically all NFL fans that he will lose in the playoffs no matter how good the team is, so until the Chiefs win a Superbowl he will always be thought of as in a lot of ways similar to Schottenheimer.

It's been true up to this point, though. The end of that New England playoff game was a ****ing debacle, and a ton of the blame for that goes on Andy Reid and his clock management.

His playcalling has been suspect at times as well, but it's become apparent that he was just catering to the limitation of Smith. Mahomes straight up went for the 99 yard kill shot with a 2 TD lead in the 4th against the Steelers, so hopefully the days of extreme turtling on offense are behind us.

Mecca 09-20-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 13747379)
It's been true up to this point, though. The end of that New England playoff game was a ****ing debacle, and a ton of the blame for that goes on Andy Reid and his clock management.

His playcalling has been suspect at times as well, but it's become apparent that he was just catering to the limitation of Smith. Mahomes straight up went for the 99 yard kill shot against the Steelers, so hopefully the days of extreme turtling on offense are behind us.

As much as Reid knows about offense and as smart as he is, for him to truly win he does have to have a QB who can physically push him to either make him call different plays or honestly refuse to always take the short option.

McNabb had a lot of check down in him too, it's because he wasn't all that accurate.

Reerun_KC 09-20-2018 08:29 AM

Mecca nailed it.

Mecca 09-20-2018 08:36 AM

I should actually add on to what I said, Mike Tomlin is kind of an embarrassment to what the Steelers have generally been over the years.

His team's aren't tough, he's a defensive background coach that has let the defense become trash. His best players are constantly surrounded by drama bullshit..matter of fact he is too with shit he says and tripping a dude returning a kick...

He's literally a guy who is thought of as a good coach because he took over a Superbowl team and managed to win 1 more..I could argue he should have done far more than that and has really just turned that team into the most chaotic locker room in the league.

If Tomlin had started where most coaches had with some team that just went 3-13 having to rebuild the whole thing, would he have turned them around? Would he have 2 SB appearances...I seriously doubt it.

MahomesMagic 09-20-2018 08:47 AM

Andy Reid is about to revolutionize football. All he needed was a QB who could make the throws to beat what happens when you attack the spread.

Reid + Mahomes. Checkmate NFL.

Beef Supreme 09-20-2018 08:49 AM

Tomlin is Barry Switzer with a longer leash.

Mecca 09-20-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Supreme (Post 13747429)
Tomlin is Barry Switzer with a longer leash.

Pretty much, and you know what for all of that Barry Switzer at least acted like he ****ing knew that he was really just a long for the ride.

Mike Tomlin acts like he is the ****ing man meanwhile his players have no respect and can't even act professional because well he doesn't ask them to.

staylor26 09-20-2018 08:55 AM

Mecca, I'd be careful talking about Tomlin outside of CP. I was basically called a racist on another board for suggesting Tomlin was overrated and he’s at fault for the drama surrounding the Steelers every year.

LMAO

RunKC 09-20-2018 09:04 AM

I still don’t trust Andy completely. He’s had the better team/QB and lost to weaker teams in the playoffs several times.

I will say that this is the best chance he’s got. The AFC is weak and Mahomes is amazing.

Amnorix 09-20-2018 09:06 AM

I really don't know what to say/think. On the one hand I really do feel like Tomlin and Cowher before him were overrated coaches. But putting aside everything else, their teams WERE/ARE in the playoffs basically every year, and that has to count for something.

And I agree with McCarthy too. Then I think Sean Payton, and oh, gee, he's had Drew Brees for like 10 years and only gone to one SB also, and his teams on average have been far worse than McCarthy's.

The real issue is this-- I look at the coaches over the last 15-20 years and they all -- otehr than Belichick -- seem kinda mediocre compared to the coaches of my youth -- Shula, Walsh, Parcells, Gibbs and the like. Today's coaches, at best, remind me of the second tier guys from that era -- the Bum PHillips, Chuck Knox's etc.

But then I realize, there can't really be only one great coach in the NFL right now, right? I mean, if NOBODY is "better than average", then we have the bar in the wrong place, and there's just different ways to skin a cat and the whole exercise of consistent success is just MUCH harder than we all think.

Mecca 09-20-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13747434)
Mecca, I'd be careful talking about Tomlin outside of CP. I was basically called a racist on another board for suggesting Tomlin was overrated and he’s at fault for the drama surrounding the Steelers every year.

LMAO

Seriously?

For a long time I thought the Steelers hired him because you know when it's the Rooney rule you kinda have to go with it.

I don't think he's like the worst coach ever I just think he was gifted a situation that most everyone would have succeeded in. And now that the team has more of his guys on it they are falling apart. And for all that he still has Cowhers QB.

O.city 09-20-2018 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 13747461)
I really don't know what to say/think. On the one hand I really do feel like Tomlin and Cowher before him were overrated coaches. But putting aside everything else, their teams WERE/ARE in the playoffs basically every year, and that has to count for something.

And I agree with McCarthy too. Then I think Sean Payton, and oh, gee, he's had Drew Brees for like 10 years and only gone to one SB also, and his teams on average have been far worse than McCarthy's.

The real issue is this-- I look at the coaches over the last 15-20 years and they all -- otehr than Belichick -- seem kinda mediocre compared to the coaches of my youth -- Shula, Walsh, Parcells, Gibbs and the like. Today's coaches, at best, remind me of the second tier guys from that era -- the Bum PHillips, Chuck Knox's etc.

But then I realize, there can't really be only one great coach in the NFL right now, right? I mean, if NOBODY is "better than average", then we have the bar in the wrong place, and there's just different ways to skin a cat and the whole exercise of consistent success is just MUCH harder than we all think.

Really, at this point, I think there's more parity and the league has closed the gap on the coaches etc. Back in the day, the top notch guys had a decided advantage. I just don't think that's there anymore due to rule changes, free agency, etc.

DJ's left nut 09-20-2018 09:22 AM

If an alien (or bandwagon fan) ever wants the flavor of CP - direct them to this goddamn reeruned abortion of a thread.

Go through it and look at the myriad of conflicting gripes. If Andy is sitting on a lead in the 2nd half and throws the ball around - "Reid is such an idiot, he can't manage a clock!" If Reid is sitting on a 2nd half lead and runs the ball "Goddamn Reid is taking his foot off the gas, what an idiot..."

For the love of ****. We have unquestionably one of the 5 best coaches in the NFL, a goddamn QB guru and offensive wizard in the era of offensive football. He's a single SB victory from being a cinch HoFer and even without one he'll likely end up among the top 10-15 most successful coaches in NFL history. There is a single coach in the NFL I'd take over him right now and that's because Sean McVay is 14 years old and will be doing this for 3 decades.

So I'm just going to quote myself from the last time this pack of braindead ****s were saying we needed to replace him with Josh McDaniels

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12450055)
You people are ****ing idiots.

Reid has had TWO losing seasons in an 18 year career.

You people act like a head coach's job is the same as an OC. It isn't; it's nothing close, in fact. The head coach is a chief administrator. He's the guy that lays out camp, sets clubhouse rules, establishes a culture and an atmosphere.

And you want to fire him for a guy that had a hard on for Matt ****ing Cassel because you don't like the number of screens he runs.

Look, the playcalling bugs the shit out of me as well but a head coach is a package deal; you take the good with the bad and ask if the whole package makes for an effective head coach.

By every single available objective metric, Andy Reid is no worse than a good head football coach. His players love playing for him and they want to be here. He wins games, despite your assurances that you'd have done it differently.

**** me, we're not even 5 years removed from the last Patriots Tree abortion and you people are just clamoring for another round of it as though you wouldn't turn on that visor wearing ass clown as well.

Idiots, the whole ****ing lot of you.

Andy Reid is a fantastic coach. He always has been and the moment he retires we'll end up replacing him with someone who isn't as good as him. This dude is the architect for an era of football that will be unmatched in the history of the KC Chiefs.

And somehow there's a 1,200 post thread based on the premise that he's ****ing Jeff Fisher.

Idiots. All of you.

DRM08 09-20-2018 09:28 AM

It’s interesting to me that Reid has a much better coaching tree than Belichick. He is long overdue to win a Super Bowl. At least now he has a fearless QB who enjoys shootouts with other QB’s. This could push Andy over the top.

fan4ever 09-20-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13747491)
If an alien (or bandwagon fan) ever wants the flavor of CP - direct them to this goddamn reeruned abortion of a thread.

Go through it and look at the myriad of conflicting gripes. If Andy is sitting on a lead in the 2nd half and throws the ball around - "Reid is such an idiot, he can't manage a clock!" If Reid is sitting on a 2nd half lead and runs the ball "Goddamn Reid is taking his foot off the gas, what an idiot..."

For the love of ****. We have unquestionably one of the 5 best coaches in the NFL, a goddamn QB guru and offensive wizard in the era of offensive football. He's a single SB victory from being a cinch HoFer and even without one he'll likely end up among the top 10-15 most successful coaches in NFL history. There is a single coach in the NFL I'd take over him right now and that's because Sean McVay is 14 years old and will be doing this for 3 decades.

So I'm just going to quote myself from the last time this pack of braindead ****s were saying we needed to replace him with Josh McDaniels

Andy Reid is a fantastic coach. He always has been and the moment he retires we'll end up replacing him with someone who isn't as good as him. This dude is the architect for an era of football that will be unmatched in the history of the KC Chiefs.

And somehow there's a 1,200 post thread based on the premise that he's ****ing Jeff Fisher.

Idiots. All of you.

A lot of truth in what you say...but it doesn't eliminate the fact that game day he's not a genius. If you don't mind an NASCAR analogy, you can build a great car and assemble a great pit crew, but if you're not a great driver, you're not going to succeed when facing other great drivers on race day. Some of us have been waiting our lifetimes to make it to the summit...and it's painful to know while Andy's a great HC, we're afraid he's likely not going to take us there because of his past game day performances...when coaching really matters most. MAYBE Mahomes can change all that.

Mecca 09-20-2018 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13747498)
It’s interesting to me that Reid has a much better coaching tree than Belichick. He is long overdue to win a Super Bowl. At least now he has a fearless QB who enjoys shootouts with other QB’s. This could push Andy over the top.

That is because Belichick is the Patriots coaching tree, all of those other dudes just do as they are told.

Sassy Squatch 09-20-2018 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 13747498)

Patriots way only works when you've got mutual respect based on prior success, and a HOF QB running your offense. Sociopathic snakes usually aren't able to just walk into new teams and locker rooms and for some reason the Belicheck tree churns those out far too often. Maybe you can treat college kids who aren't making a living yet like that, but not in the NFL.

Titty Meat 09-20-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

LMAO

Race Bs Ban

DJ's left nut 09-20-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4ever (Post 13747514)
A lot of truth in what you say...but it doesn't eliminate the fact that game day he's not a genius. If you don't mind an NASCAR analogy, you can build a great car and assemble a great pit crew, but if you're not a great driver, you're not going to succeed when facing other great drivers on race day. Some of us have been waiting our lifetimes to make it to the summit...and it's painful to know while Andy's a great HC, we're afraid he's likely not going to take us there because of his past game day performances...when coaching really matters most. MAYBE Mahomes can change all that.

I just can't agree with this at all.

If you think Reid is some sort of gameday rube, you're just not watching enough football outside of KC. Even the almighty Belichick allows things to get hairy in the 4th and that's with a wizard under center.

Andy has spent his entire career here playing chess every game and trying to create mismatches against teams. And as a general rule, he's succeeded. He's a well above average gameday coach as well but people are looking for someone to blame.

Pitt Gorilla 09-20-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13747491)

Idiots. All of you.

Agreed. Literally every talking head has mentioned how awesome it is for Mahomes to have a genius like Reid on his side. This thread is an embarrassment.

Best22 09-20-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

LMAO

That's dumb. Any coach can be replaced. Tomlin was a good coach with rings but firing him wasn't necessarily wrong

Titty Meat 09-20-2018 10:19 AM

Mike Tomlin a guy who's never had a losing record in 12 years been to 2 super bowls and won 1 is a bad coach. I've seen it all on here.

ToxSocks 09-20-2018 10:29 AM

Quote:

Bullshit bullshit bullshit. So much bullshit you'd think this was a rodeo.

ToxSocks 09-20-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Best22 (Post 13747571)
That's dumb. Any coach can be replaced. Tomlin was a good coach with rings but firing him wasn't necessarily wrong

Tomlin is an emotional HC. Emotional HC's allow for emotional teams. That's why the Steelers have so much drama all the damn time.

Tomlin is not an X's and O's offensive guy.

He's not really a defensive guy either.

He's a rah-rah guy.

And right now that D is struggling and his rah rah is not providing leadership. That locker room is in turmoil.

So if you arent an offensive guy, you arent a defensive guy and your rah rah isn't leading anymore, then wtf are you doing? 'Bout to get fired if he doesnt turn that shit around, that's what.

htismaqe 09-20-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 13747582)
Mike Tomlin a guy who's never had a losing record in 12 years been to 2 super bowls and won 1 is a bad coach. I've seen it all on here.

The thing is, coaching in the NFL is the icing on the cake. It's not that Tomlin is a good coach or a bad coach (I think he's a horrible leader of men myself, he's a crybaby and his team reflects that), it's that not even Tomlin could screw up the amount of talent they had on that team during those years. A HOF QB and a stifling D is going to win a lot of games and few championships regardless of who the coach is.

It's just like the Bob Sutton argument here. The truly elite coaches make good units great but even great coaches can't make bad units good. Likewise, bad coaches can make great units good but they can't make great units bad.

Talent trumps everything else in the NFL, period.

Naptown Chief 09-20-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

You're an idiot.

Naptown Chief 09-20-2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 13747606)
Tomlin is an emotional HC. Emotional HC's allow for emotional teams. That's why the Steelers have so much drama all the damn time.

Tomlin is not an X's and O's offensive guy.

He's not really a defensive guy either.

He's a rah-rah guy.

And right now that D is struggling and his rah rah is not providing leadership. That locker room is in turmoil.

So if you arent an offensive guy, you arent a defensive guy and your rah rah isn't leading anymore, then wtf are you doing? 'Bout to get fired if he doesnt turn that shit around, that's what.