ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Brain Tumor (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294345)

Saccopoo 09-16-2015 07:30 PM

Like I've always said, this place is the best. Family away from family and has always allowed me a place to kind of sanctuary when I need to get away from real life.

Knowing that guys like BigMeatball, Lonewolf are going through the same kind of shit helps a ton.

Meatloaf 09-16-2015 07:45 PM

Sacc, like BigMeatball and Lonewolf Ed, you're just gonna have to take it one step at a time. Who knows what wonderful advances will be made in the next 5-10 years. Just gotta hang in there and get through it all.

rico 09-16-2015 07:45 PM

Just now came across this. Wishing the best for you, Sacc.

eDave 09-16-2015 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11731344)
Like I've always said, this place is the best. Family away from family and has always allowed me a place to kind of sanctuary when I need to get away from real life.

Knowing that guys like BigMeatball, Lonewolf are going through the same kind of shit helps a ton.

Hey man. I picked up a transient couple outside of Flagstaff and took them all the way to KC last weekend. The dude, Zack, was dying in 2 months. They were on their way to FL for their last chance to get ahead before he dies. Such a great trip. I've got a million stories and much more detail.

Oh, and he wants to fight an alligator before he goes.

Tough time saying goodbye to those guys. I didn't know what to say to him, and I said so and we hugged and I cried. Finally I told him to live it up. Been thinking of them every since. :'(

The Franchise 09-16-2015 07:49 PM

I love you Sacc. Fight the good fight.

DaFace 09-16-2015 07:54 PM

Sorry to hear the prognosis wasn't more positive man. As others have said, all you can do is fight the good fight. As others have said, people beat the estimates all the time, and you can too.

Meatloaf 09-16-2015 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 11731402)
Hey man. I picked up a transient couple outside of Flagstaff and took them all the way to KC last weekend. The dude, Zack, was dying in 2 months. They were on their way to FL for their last chance to get ahead before he dies. Such a great trip. I've got a million stories.

Oh, and he wants to fight an alligator before he goes.

Tough time saying goodbye to those guys. I didn't know what to say to him, and I said so and we hugged and I cried. Been thinking of them every since. :'(

Very cool, eDave. You are a good man.

SAUTO 09-16-2015 08:12 PM

Wow edave, props

Bewbies 09-16-2015 08:55 PM

Sacc, you've got this. Medicine is advancing at a breakneck pace in this field. Treatments and cures are changing and being found almost monthly.

And there's not a doctor alive who can tell any of us how long we'll live.

Saccopoo 09-25-2015 09:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to find the guy who invented the MRI machine and punch him right in the dick. Really hard.

Just got out of a four hour (literally, in the tube for four straight hours with one piss break mixed in) MRI marathon session due to insurance and scheduling conflicts.

You know what? It sucked.

So if I post anything mean or nasty to anyone tonight, it's not my intention to do so.

threebag 09-25-2015 09:37 PM

Sacc all the best and keep fightin your ass off.

Pitt Gorilla 09-25-2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11755239)
I'm pretty sure that I'm going to find the guy who invented the MRI machine and punch him right in the dick. Really hard.

Just got out of a four hour (literally, in the tube for four straight hours with one piss break mixed in) MRI marathon session due to insurance and scheduling conflicts.

So if I post anything mean or nasty to anyone tonight, it's not my intention to do so.

If you really don't want an MRI, don't have one. They can't force you to have one against your will.

Lonewolf Ed 09-25-2015 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11755239)

FOUR hours?? Crush some heads, man!

Saccopoo 09-25-2015 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11755293)
If you really don't want an MRI, don't have one. They can't force you to have one against your will.

Oh, I know, but this was the first one post-op and they have to find out how much of the cancer cells are left after they pulled out the main meatwad mass. Also, as my tumor is a nerve cell based type, they need to find out if some of it has migrated into the spinal cord. (****ing awesome stuff apparently.)

Hard to do that without an MRI.

It was the fact that they shoved all four MRI's together for a single session because of scheduling due to ****ing insurance bullshit. Four hours in the tube was a chore.

With about 50 minutes left, I got a cramp in my right leg, my lower back was on fire from laying on that ****ing plastic slab for three hours and my nose started itching. And the beauty of it is, you can't move or you **** up the whole MRI and they have to restart. I was out of my ****ing mind by the end of it.

DaneMcCloud 09-25-2015 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11755326)
Oh, I know, but this was the first one post-op and they have to find out how much of the cancer cells are left after they pulled out the main meatwad mass. Also, as my tumor is a nerve cell based type, they need to find out if some of it has migrated into the spinal cord. (****ing awesome stuff apparently.)

Hard to do that without an MRI.

It was the fact that they shoved all four MRI's together for a single session because of scheduling due to ****ing insurance bullshit. Four hours in the tube was a chore.

With about 50 minutes left, I got a cramp in my right leg, my lower back was on fire from laying on that ****ing plastic slab for three hours and my nose started itching. And the beauty of it is, you can't move or you **** up the whole MRI and they have to restart. I was out of my ****ing mind by the end of it.

I had a biking accident in 2007 in which I tore an MCL and spent about 90 minutes in an MRI tube. I fell asleep.

I have a good friend that had breast cancer and a subsequent double mastectomy that spent nearly 3 hours, not once, but twice.

It sucks but hopefully that's the worst of it. Hang in there, Dude!