ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307938)

ThaVirus 07-18-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12961435)
In the books they did, and that's where Loras died during the attack on Dragonstone. Now if fatass would stop dicking his fans around, we may actually get more reading material from him before he eats one Big Mac too many and has a grabber.

Did book Loras die? I thought he was just severely injured and currently recovering?

Chiefspants 07-18-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

In the books they did, and that's where Loras died during the attack on Dragonstone. Now if fatass would stop dicking his fans around, we may actually get more reading material from him before he eats one Big Mac too many and has a grabber.

His recent entries on NotaBlog were straight up cruel. He seems to be getting sadistic enjoyment from stringing his fans along at this point. I get he must be devastated that the show's going to spoil the series (and likely his motivation to finish it), but no need to buck off that frustration on the fans, George.

BigRichard 07-18-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 12961618)
Did book Loras die? I thought he was just severely injured and currently recovering?

I think he was severely injured to the point of he won't really recover. I think he was basically burned to a crisp.

DJ's left nut 07-18-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12961624)
His recent entries on NotaBlog were straight up cruel. He seems to be getting sadistic enjoyment from stringing his fans along at this point. I get he must be devastated that the show's going to spoil the series (and likely his motivation to finish it), but no need to buck off that frustration on the fans, George.

I wasn't going to watch the show. I was going to give Martin the chance to give us HIS vision and HIS ending.

But he's been such an antagonistic prick about the whole thing that I just said '**** it'. Dude sold out - as is his right - but I don't have to continue to wait for him and I damn sure don't have to put up with his 'deal with it' manner of speaking to his fans.

So I'll get my ending from TV and that's probably gonna have to be good enough. The guy isn't gonna finish this series.

Bowser 07-18-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raybec 4 (Post 12961431)
Sir Bronn of the Blackwater will be promised Dragonstone if he is willing to go take it.

You just solved Game of Thrones. This isn't about which high and mighty house name will reign over the lands of both Westeros and Essos, it's about a guy that started out as a low life mercenary that hadn't bathed in weeks that turns out to be the last one standing through patience and cunning. Bronn is going to out-Littlefinger Littlefinger, and he'll do it by patiently watching all the houses slaughter each other.

DanBecky 07-18-2017 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12961668)
You just solved Game of Thrones. This isn't about which high and mighty house name will reign over the lands of both Westeros and Essos, it's about a guy that started out as a low life mercenary that hadn't bathed in weeks that turns out to be the last one standing through patience and cunning. Bronn is going to out-Littlefinger Littlefinger, and he'll do it by patiently watching all the houses slaughter each other.

I'd be fine with that, I love that character.

Chazno 07-18-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanBecky (Post 12961818)
I'd be fine with that, I love that character.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r5V8ecsrxeY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How can you not? After he is crowned he breaks out in song!

Baby Lee 07-18-2017 09:05 PM

ROFL - Euron = Jared Let-Himself-Go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/N0yi0RQvEi0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sorter 07-19-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Loras is not confirmed dead in the books. He is damaged quite a bit.

Swanman 07-19-2017 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 12962586)
Loras is not confirmed dead in the books. He is damaged quite a bit.

It sounded like he was grievously wounded but in Martin's world even if you are dead-dead you can come back. Either way, it's better than being put in the dungeon because you are gay and then being blowed up.

Swanman 07-19-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12961668)

In the books he marries Lolly, the girl that was gang-raped during the riot with Joffrey. She gets pregnant and Bronn ends up naming the baby Tywin. He is the best.

BigRichard 07-19-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 12962752)
In the books he marries Lolly, the girl that was gang-raped during the riot with Joffrey. She gets pregnant and Bronn ends up naming the baby Tywin. He is the best.

I thought he named it Tyrion???

The Franchise 07-19-2017 02:57 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x6kqVusK26c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

underEJ 07-19-2017 11:26 PM

Where did Lord Manderly go? Didn't see him in the Winterfell great hall scene.

Bowser 07-20-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 12964072)
Where did Lord Manderly go? Didn't see him in the Winterfell great hall scene.

In the books he survived, but did the Boltons kill him in the show? I'm having a hard time keeping all these characters in line....