ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

Hoover 03-20-2019 12:46 PM

With the 31st pick in the NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select Greg Little, OT, Mississippi.

PM being sent

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14170585)
What in the mother of **** did I miss today holy shit...........

That's a hell of a way to get a better defense, draft a player you don't need on the wrong side of the ball.

If we don't 'need' a center, then we don't 'need' a CB, DL or LB either. Because Austin Reiter is not better than any of our starting CBs. He's not better than Lucas/Sorensen. He's not better than Speaks/Okafor. He's not even obviously better than Wilson/O'Daniel.

He's just a warm body that didn't trip over his own feet...often. But beyond the mere need to protect Mahomes is that Reid's offense needs centers that can move in space. Reiter is objectively shitty at that; he's not very athletic at all. It makes him a lousy run blocker and as more teams get an understanding of that it will make him more and more prone to stunts/twists on the interior.

Reiter is no sort of long-term position at C. Center is absolutely just as big a short and long-term need as CB, S and DL, moreover the positional depth at ALL of those positions is significantly better than it is at C.

The easiest way to ensure that the offense that looks so indestructible now doesn't remain that way is to neglect it. That's how our shithouse defense became a shithouse defense. Because 4 years ago we didn't 'need' defenders so we didn't bother spending any draft capital on them and now that side of the ball is struggling for talent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14170632)
stupid isn't it? Typical CP loving their fatties.

Mahomes still went 36TDs 10INTs 3600yds when Morse was sidelined after JAX game. And just so we're clear, Aaron Donald destroyed everyone last season.

I dont mind the Chiefs drafting a C, just not in the first rd when the Chiefs are in dire need of a D rebuild, when the team is starving for help at every level.

Mahomes threw for 3,600 yards in 5 games, eh?

If you aren't even informed enough to know who was actually playing, then you don't merit further discussion.

Besides, everyone knows that the greatest compliment anyone can receive on this board is your scorn. The next time you're right about something will be the first.

O.city 03-20-2019 12:56 PM

Going into the draft with a "were drafting this no matter what" mindset is how you end up trading up for Breeland Speaks.

Don't do that.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170679)
If we don't 'need' a center, then we don't 'need' a CB, DL or LB either. Because Austin Reiter is not better than any of our starting CBs. He's not better than Lucas/Sorensen. He's not better than Speaks/Okafor. He's not even obviously better than Wilson/O'Daniel.

He's just a warm body that didn't trip over his own feet...often. But beyond the mere need to protect Mahomes is that Reid's offense needs centers that can move in space. Reiter is objectively shitty at that; he's not very athletic at all. It makes him a lousy run blocker and as more teams get an understanding of that it will make him more and more prone to stunts/twists on the interior.

Reiter is no sort of long-term position at C. Center is absolutely just as big a short and long-term need as CB, S and DL, moreover the positional depth at ALL of those positions is significantly better than it is at C.

The easiest way to ensure that the offense that looks so indestructible now doesn't remain that way is to neglect it. That's how our shithouse defense became a shithouse defense. Because 4 years ago we didn't 'need' defenders so we didn't bother spending any draft capital on them and now that side of the ball is struggling for talent.

Mahomes threw for 3,600 yards in 5 games, eh?

If you aren't even informed enough to know who was actually playing, then you don't merit further discussion.

Besides, everyone knows that the greatest compliment anyone can receive on this board is your scorn. The next time you're right about something will be the first.

All the hot air in the world won't give me a good feeling about that pick. There's a handful of other centers in this draft you could describe the same way and they won't cost a 1st round pick. I can't recall a Reid team ever using a 1st on a center either.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170683)
Going into the draft with a "were drafting this no matter what" mindset is how you end up trading up for Breeland Speaks.

Don't do that.

I just don't see how Reiter, a guy who was a 7th round pick who was then waived by 2 shitty teams before being picked up by the Chiefs, is suddenly this obvious slam-dunk long-term option on the strength of 4 games.

Watch the guy - his feet suck. That's a serious problem for what Reid wants to do with his lineman and his running game specifically. He is at best marginally more likely to be a viable starting-caliber option at C than Wilson is at Sam. And I think there's an excellent chance Wilson amounts to nothing at all. And at least if Wilson amounts to nothing at all, we don't get the foundation of the franchise hurt in the process.

He's a blue chip player on a draft board that was otherwise bereft of them at a position where the Chiefs presently have a question mark.

staylor26 03-20-2019 01:08 PM

kccrow you’re up back to back! Hurry I’m waiting :D

BossChief 03-20-2019 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14170440)
People need to understand that's it not so easy drafting for the Chiefs in this thing. Everyone wants to take a shot at it....but it ****ing sucks when you're actually doing it.

I had fun doing it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 12851861)
Mahomes was a +17
Williams was a +49
Douglas was a +5
Vanderdoes is a +44
-19 for Tim Williams
Mack Hollins was a +62
Joe Williams was a +95
Blair Brown was a +22

Cooper and Rehnkow didn't get picked

Rehnkow cost me -9
Cooper was a -36

Overall, my Chiefs draft was a +230

Bossreach, indeed.

O.city 03-20-2019 01:10 PM

I'm not in the draft, so if i'm clogging the thread I'll begrudgingly apologize and leave.

But, the deal with taking Bradburry there, is that DJ is making the case that he can get the best C in the draft, a player he views has all pro upside. If he takes a corner, or a safety, he's taking in his view the 4th or 5th rated one on his board.

Then later he can take a center that may be the 5th best one he has rated. Then you have the 5th rated CB and the 5th rated C vs the top C (who he sees as a blue chip prospect) and say his 6th rated CB. Now the CB thing isn't ideal, but if my staggered board has 6 and 3 CB not very different, then i'm not better off.

Maybe i'm way off in his thinking though.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 14170693)
All the hot air in the world won't give me a good feeling about that pick. There's a handful of other centers in this draft you could describe the same way and they won't cost a 1st round pick. I can't recall a Reid team ever using a 1st on a center either.

'hot air'

As opposed to the veritable font of wisdom you clearly are.

And there aren't a handful of centers who will cost anything less than a 2nd round pick that can point to anything remotely resembling Bradbury's resume or potential.

And we know Reid's used a 1st round pick on a guard in the past. If he'll use one on a G, he'll use one on a C. He's already used a 2nd on one and that got all the usual suspects all pissy then as well.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:16 PM

With the 32nd pick in the 2019 Draft, the New England Patriots select Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

With Patrick Chung looking worse and worse on an annual basis, Bill can't pass on the draft's premier talent at the position.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:21 PM

With the 33rd pick in the 2019 Draft, the Arizona Cardinals select Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia

After letting Antoine Bethea and Tre Boston walk this offseason, the Cardinals have to start from scratch at safety so they run out and get the draft's most athletic playmaker.

DJ's left nut 03-20-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14170710)
I had fun doing it.

In a draft I absolutely hated for the Broncos I got Ryan Ramczyk, who would be a dream pick for them, Jayon Brown in the 7th (who's a complete stud), Alex Anzalone and Chad Wheeler. Not much variety there; bookend tackles and a couple of good off-ball linebackers, but better than I thought it would be at the time. I really hated that draft.

My 49ers draft was better though; Lattimore, McCaffrey, Zay Jones, Kendall Beckwith and Julie'n Davenport. 3 starting caliber offensive players and 2 starting caliber defensive guys. Zay Jones is probably gonna nutter himself out of football though. Damn shame we can't do pre-draft interviews...

O.city 03-20-2019 01:25 PM

I wouldn't be upset with the Chiefs taking Thornhill in the first. Am I stupid?

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14170717)
'hot air'

As opposed to the veritable font of wisdom you clearly are.

And there aren't a handful of centers who will cost anything less than a 2nd round pick that can point to anything remotely resembling Bradbury's resume or potential.

And we know Reid's used a 1st round pick on a guard in the past. If he'll use one on a G, he'll use one on a C. He's already used a 2nd on one and that got all the usual suspects all pissy then as well.

I meant hot air as in you can't talk up that pick enough to make me find it less than ideal. I'd be okay with a Center as a 2nd round pick, but not a 1st round pick when this team is desperate for a playmaker anywhere on the defensive side of the ball. There were no less than 4 DBs I would have taken over a center there and I just took 2 of them.

kccrow 03-20-2019 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14170748)
I wouldn't be upset with the Chiefs taking Thornhill in the first. Am I stupid?

Not stupid in my book. He's a playmaker that can tackle and has outstanding physical attributes. He's better than Adderley in my eyes.