ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good news [Lonewolf Ed] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290171)

Mother****erJones 04-12-2017 11:54 AM

You've been very inspirational and a great poster. Sorry I haven't been on lately to post (busy with nursing school). Thoughts are with you man!

big nasty kcnut 04-12-2017 12:37 PM

Prayers up ed may god embrace you into the kingdom of heaven and hold close your family and friends in their and our time of grief.

patteeu 04-12-2017 01:40 PM

This thread is quite a monument, Lonewolf Ed. You can be proud of your testimony here in this corner of the internet.

Fat Elvis 04-12-2017 10:53 PM

Ed-

I just want to thank you for being you and sharing your journey with us. May God bless you because you've certainly blessed us.

Fat E

go bo 04-13-2017 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 12821344)
This thread is quite a monument, Lonewolf Ed. You can be proud of your testimony here in this corner of the internet.

i pretty much share the thoughts of all the people who've posted in this thread lately...

but this ^(patt's post) ^ is the ultimate take-away for me...

congratulations ed, on a life well-lived!! :toast: :toast: :toast:

threebag 04-13-2017 09:28 PM

Ed you are my favorite Viking. Thank you

eDave 04-14-2017 12:59 AM

I've felt it Ed and your journey has affected me a lot. I've admired your strength, courage and attitude throughout.

luv 04-14-2017 08:11 AM

Has anyone kept up with him off the board?

Lonewolf Ed 04-14-2017 09:26 AM

Just a quick update. I am under home hospice care and the director is a friend of mine from way back. She asked me if I ever needed hospice that I go with her group because she wants to take care of me. I am having good days, such as this one so far, and bad days with pain, such as two nights ago when my back had me in agony so I couldn't sleep and I called my friend at midnight. She told me to take another hydromorphone even though I had one two hours earlier, but did that second one ever knock me clean out when it took effect. My pain level was a 6 or 7 out 10 that night and I seriously said to God, "If you want to call me home tonight, I'll come a'running to the light."

I have three drains in my abdomen now, two are for my liver and one to drain fluid build up from my belly area. The drain was placed Monday for my stomach and they drained 4.5 liters from the area. My nurse friend took a liter out of me two days after that and will continue to tend that every three days. I'm feeling hungry and my pastor is coming to bring me Communion in an hour, so I had better get with things here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-14-2017 09:31 AM

Thank you for the update, Ed. Is there any particular prayer that I can pray for you? You can PM me if you'd like.
It's good to hear from you again!

Lonewolf Ed 04-14-2017 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 12824029)
Thank you for the update, Ed. Is there any particular prayer that I can pray for you? You can PM me if you'd like.
It's good to hear from you again!

I think just praying for me to have comfortable days and nights would do the trick, thanks!

BlackHelicopters 04-14-2017 10:06 AM

I pray for your comfort and be at peace with yourself. God will never abandon you. Walk with our Lord.

GloryDayz 04-14-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12824084)
I think just praying for me to have comfortable days and nights would do the trick, thanks!

We love ya brother, and we'll keep praying...

ChiTown 04-14-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12824018)
Just a quick update. I am under home hospice care and the director is a friend of mine from way back. She asked me if I ever needed hospice that I go with her group because she wants to take care of me. I am having good days, such as this one so far, and bad days with pain, such as two nights ago when my back had me in agony so I couldn't sleep and I called my friend at midnight. She told me to take another hydromorphone even though I had one two hours earlier, but did that second one ever knock me clean out when it took effect. My pain level was a 6 or 7 out 10 that night and I seriously said to God, "If you want to call me home tonight, I'll come a'running to the light."

I have three drains in my abdomen now, two are for my liver and one to drain fluid build up from my belly area. The drain was placed Monday for my stomach and they drained 4.5 liters from the area. My nurse friend took a liter out of me two days after that and will continue to tend that every three days. I'm feeling hungry and my pastor is coming to bring me Communion in an hour, so I had better get with things here.

Thanks for the update, Ed. Still thinking and praying for you every day. I mainly pray for your peace, and a clarity of vision that will lead you home. God bless you.

Iowanian 04-14-2017 11:49 AM

I'm out of words of wisdom so I'll leave my favorite verse from one of my favorite songs.

[Chorus:]
Well raise another round boys and have another glass
Be thankful for today knowing it will never last
Still lets leave the world laughing when our eulogies are read
May we all get to heaven 'fore the devil knows we're dead
May we all get to heaven 'fore the devil knows we're dead