ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Better Call Saul (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=277119)

Buehler445 05-25-2022 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 16307389)
They did it to Howard because he was the lead attorney on the sandpiper case. They did everything just to get it closed quicker so Saul could get his money quicker.

And Kim could start her pro bono law practice.

chiefzilla1501 05-25-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 16307270)
Especially since Jesse was in New Mexico and Adriana was killed somewhere in New Jersey.

Andrea was shot on her doorstep in BB
Adriana was shot in the woods by Silvio in The Sopranos.

<iframe width="691" height="461" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZLRJPZisubc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah, didnt realize we were talking different shows

Baby Lee 05-25-2022 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16307657)
Ah, didnt realize we were talking different shows

We weren't necessarily, but the notion of most senseless/tragic deaths in television narrative came up.

chiefzilla1501 05-25-2022 12:53 PM

Btw, I think ozark missed a big opportunity by killing off Javi so soon. Lalo might be one of the most intriguing characters in the two series and they’re both downright terrifying because of their nonchalance in cold blooded murder. He’s like a slick competent version of Todd. Gotta hope the guy sticks around for the bulk of the series finale.

Pitt Gorilla 05-25-2022 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16305077)
Kim reminds me so much of Walt. Both very upstanding and smart people in the beginning but slowly they both fall into this shit and their integrity snaps u til you don’t feel sorry for them anymore. I’m there with her.

It’s funny. Tonight’s parallel reminded me of Hank’s death. “You’re the smartest guy I’ve ever met” and tonight’s “And you. One of the smartest and most promising human beings I’ve ever known.”

Meh, Kim's pro bono work still shines a light on her true character.

chiefzilla1501 05-25-2022 02:53 PM

What do we read into Howard calling Kim the smartest person he’s ever met. Seems a nod to hanks comment to Walt before he was killed.

Zebedee DuBois 05-26-2022 09:23 AM

Random thoughts:

I thought Charles McGill was the smartest person Howard ever met. He certainly revered him. Calling Kim that was a shaming tactic. (not that she isn't smart)

The blame for Howards death doesn't go on Jimmy and Kim. They didn't know that Howard was going to show up at their door. Or Lalo either. Certainly not at the same time. Lalo is a ruthless person with no regard for life/property of others.

Kim is as deep into the con as Jimmy. They've shown that she is accustomed to deceit from her childhood.

notorious 05-26-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 16309205)
Random thoughts:

I thought Charles McGill was the smartest person Howard ever met. He certainly revered him. Calling Kim that was a shaming tactic. (not that she isn't smart)

The blame for Howards death doesn't go on Jimmy and Kim. They didn't know that Howard was going to show up at their door. Or Lalo either. Certainly not at the same time. Lalo is a ruthless person with no regard for life/property of others.

Kim is as deep into the con as Jimmy. They've shown that she is accustomed to deceit from her childhood.

"Well, we might as well get this over with".

They knew he was coming, but Lalo not so much.

It wasn't their fault Howard died, but they set off the chain of events that led to it. Just like Walt with the kid, Hank, and Gomey.

lcarus 05-26-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Random thoughts:

It was a shaming tactic for sure, but he said one of the smartest

chiefzilla1501 05-27-2022 06:43 AM

Quote:

Random thoughts:

Well, point being that the context was the same. She’s one of the smartest person he knows yet stupid enough to get caught up in something so stupid. Vince gilligan doesn’t do these things by coincidence. It’s foreshadowing something. Can’t wait to find out what that is but it doesn’t seem to bode well for Kim.

Sure-Oz 06-04-2022 09:19 AM

What a mid season finale. Feel bad for Howard. I still wonder if this just ends with Jimmy alone and working cinnabon. Past episodes he looks very unhappy when they cut to those scenes. I assume those are all after BB, right?

Baby Lee 07-11-2022 08:25 PM

https://c.tenor.com/I_TX94LrEOsAAAAd...utterstock.gif

stumppy 07-11-2022 08:33 PM

Hell yea!

Zebedee DuBois 07-11-2022 08:35 PM

Spoiler!

Baby Lee 07-11-2022 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 16364683)
Hell yea!

As they say, you fail to plan and you plan to fail.

spoiler to discuss tonight's episode through foreshadowed events

Spoiler!