ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339986)

Shields68 10-25-2021 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15913455)
I don't understand why this team goes out and signs guys like this and then never uses them. Is it just to play keep away? I know the offense is complex but jfc an offensive genius coach cant scheme to get a guy like this involved?

We are seeing what AR did in the SB last few games. Trying for long developing routes instead of quick slants over the middle or anything else. Even when Mahomes is getting killed we just stick to that. Play calling and coaching is a big part of this.

Tannehill got the ball out fast a lot yesterday, we hardly ever do that when our oline can't block for shit in a game.

maddening.

Maybe Josh talent level is more along the lines of > Pringle and Robinson and if not less then then clearly not much of an improvement. Think it was a good signing to see what he has left but he has barely played in the last couple years and to act like he is at his peak and it can only be coaching to explain why he is not involved seems pretty short sighted.

The Franchise 10-25-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 15913501)
Maybe Josh talent level is more along the lines of > Pringle and Robinson and if not less then then clearly not much of an improvement. Think it was a good signing to see what he has left but he has barely played in the last couple years and to act like he is at his peak and it can only be coaching to explain why he is not involved seems pretty short sighted.

Robinson is trash and Pringle is JAG.

Even if Gordon is on the same level as them…you give him a chance to see if he can do anything.

Shields68 10-25-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15913502)
Robinson is trash and Pringle is JAG.

Even if Gordon is on the same level as them…you give him a chance to see if he can do anything.

You would think if that is the case he would be able to clearly standout in practice as a clear up grade and yet here we are. I think we need to face the fact he is washed and is not going to be a improvement.

arrwheader 10-25-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 15913501)

I think it's more like we see with players we draft even. They don't get a lot of playing time usually they ease them in unless they have no choice. Even when they have a player cough Sorenson or cough hitchens who's struggling they barely play them.

Fine but your team is sucking ass and you need a spark. Idk maybe draw up something for the dude you signed that apparently was good enough to get on the active roster.

Smells like more bullshit to me from the coaching staff.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Franchise 10-25-2021 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shields68 (Post 15913545)
You would think if that is the case he would be able to clearly standout in practice as a clear up grade and yet here we are. I think we need to face the fact he is washed and is not going to be a improvement.

Or that the coaching staff is ****ing clueless.

Robinson led the WRs in snaps. What does that tell you?

mr. tegu 10-25-2021 12:27 PM

Josh Gordon to Chiefs

Quote:

Robinson and Pringle do nothing at a plus level. Even if Gordon isn’t what they hoped with regards to speed or routes or something he has elite plus level size that can be used and is desperately needed.

-King- 10-25-2021 02:28 PM

Quote:

Ok sure, but then what does Robinson do that Pringle can't do better? The chiefs have ****ed the WR position up so bad there's no reason for me to think they can properly evaluate who's better.

If Gordon is truly washed, fine, whatever, but there's no way on earth you can justify Robinson getting the most WR snaps. You can't even say it was cause of his run blocking because we barely ran all game. I don't understand a lot of personnel decisions this year.

notorious 10-25-2021 02:29 PM

The talent level is so depleted across the board I’m shocked he hasn’t played more.

RustShack 10-25-2021 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15913999)
Ok sure, but then what does Robinson do that Pringle can't do better? The chiefs have ****ed the WR position up so bad there's no reason for me to think they can properly evaluate who's better.

If Gordon is truly washed, fine, whatever, but there's no way on earth you can justify Robinson getting the most WR snaps. You can't even say it was cause of his run blocking because we barely ran all game. I don't understand a lot of personnel decisions this year.

I hope it’s not Mahomes becoming LeBron and getting say on who we bring in and keep around. I get it that Reid’s playbook is a lot to learn but there’s no reason to not at least have a few packages and plays designed for Gordon.

Easy 6 10-25-2021 02:39 PM

8 snaps is certainly not what we wanted from Gordon yesterday, but if anyone has the all 22 it'd be instructive to see how many of those 8 he was reasonably open on

I'm inclined toward pessimism with this coaching staff lately, but its always possible he simply wasn't being effective with his routes, or was just plain well covered

BossChief 10-25-2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15914028)
8 snaps is certainly not what we wanted from Gordon yesterday, but if anyone has the all 22 it'd be instructive to see how many of those 8 he was reasonably open on

I'm inclined toward pessimism with this coaching staff lately, but its always possible he simply wasn't being effective with his routes, or was just plain well covered

Or Reid is not being imaginative in his play calling anymore and he’s become completely predictable. Same goes for the defense and Spags.

Or…is it possible that Bienemy is calling the plays because Reid is trying to get him a HC job and the consistent feedback was EB isn’t as desirable because he doesn’t call plays?

Easy 6 10-25-2021 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15914037)
Or Reid is not being imaginative in his play calling anymore and he’s become completely predictable. Same goes for the defense and Spags.

Or…is it possible that Bienemy is calling the plays because Reid is trying to get him a HC job and the consistent feedback was EB isn’t as desirable because he doesn’t call plays?

Both are certainly possible, I was just throwing out one potential reason

Said after the Bills game that I smelled Bienemy all over the gameplan... all those runs on first down were a dead giveaway

FloridaMan88 10-26-2021 01:28 PM

Andy’s loyalty to shit players like Robinson because they supposedly “know the offense” is pathetic.

Robinson’s snap count vs Josh Gordon’s snap count in the Tennessee game…

https://cdn-vox--cdn-com.cdn.ampproj...s_Robinson.jpg

https://cdn-vox--cdn-com.cdn.ampproj...osh_Gordon.jpg

OnTheWarpath15 10-26-2021 01:33 PM

It's malpractice that there hasn't been a single 50/50 sideline ball thrown to Gordon so far, similar to the ball thrown to Fortson in the Washington game.

penguinz 10-26-2021 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15914060)
Both are certainly possible, I was just throwing out one potential reason

Said after the Bills game that I smelled Bienemy all over the gameplan... all those runs on first down were a dead giveaway

There is no way Reid is calling these games. Neither the plays or the sequence plays are being run look like Reid.

-King- 10-26-2021 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 15916001)
There is no way Reid is calling these games. Neither the plays or the sequence plays are being run look like Reid.

We built a run blocking line and still shovel pass every time we get around the goal line....Reid is calling the plays.

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15914037)

Not buying that. Feels like we're scapegoating EB for what's more a Reid problem. I do think we need new blood at OC, but let's put the blame in the right place.

FloridaMan88 10-26-2021 03:53 PM

Incorporating new players into the offensive gameplan seems to be a reoccurring problem.

Josh Gordon, Noah Gray, Jerick McKinnon have all been barely used while deadweight mediocrity Robinson gets more targets than all three of those players combined so far this season.

The Franchise 10-26-2021 03:55 PM

I just cut him from my fantasy team.

200 yards and 3 TDs incoming.

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2021 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15914028)

I'd also be interested to see how many short and intermediate routes he ran. A few weeks into our struggles and I can't understand why we're not running slants and screens even just a little bit. Even on limited snaps with Gordon feels like we're setting him up to fail.

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15916050)
Incorporating new players into the offensive gameplan seems to be a reoccurring problem.

Josh Gordon, Noah Gray, Jerick McKinnon have all been barely used while deadweight mediocrity Robinson gets more targets than all three of those players combined so far this season.

I also cannot for the life of me understand why we wouldn't use garbage time to see what we had in gore. What were we going to learn from darrel Williams in the 4q that we didn't know already?

Kman34 10-26-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15916062)
I also cannot for the life of me understand why we wouldn't use garbage time to see what we had in gore. What were we going to learn from darrel Williams in the 4q that we didn't know already?

He did play a few snaps in the fourth quarter..

chiefzilla1501 10-26-2021 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15916077)

Very very late in the game with Chad Henne in. That is beyond even garbage time.

-King- 10-26-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15916077)

He played his 6 snaps throughout the game. Its not like they gave him those snaps all in the 4th quarter. In fact they even had him start the game. I guess just to tease him and the fans.

stevegroganfan 10-26-2021 04:47 PM

I wish the best for Josh Gordon. But I have my doubts that he will contribute much to the Chiefs. At a time in which the Patriots did not have much receiving talent, the Patriots cut Josh Gordon. While I don't know the particular details, I thought the benching had more to do with Gordon not being able to get that much separation or route running than an off the field incident.

Patriots have had problems drafting really good receivers but their haven't been many relatively inexpensive receivers cut by the Patriots that really did well elsewhere. That being said, the Chiefs may have a defined role for him in which he fits particularly well.

Wisconsin_Chief 10-26-2021 05:14 PM

I’m not sure why Veach keeps bringing these types of guys in on offense. He must know by now Reid has no intention of working them into the system or game plan. He’s just going to end up disgruntled like McCoy and Bell and end the season being inactive for the last half of the year. Waste of everyone’s time.

InChiefsHeaven 10-26-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15916209)
I’m not sure why Veach keeps bringing these types of guys in on offense. He must know by now Reid has no intention of working them into the system or game plan. He’s just going to end up disgruntled like McCoy and Bell and end the season being inactive for the last half of the year. Waste of everyone’s time.

Yeah, this has been a huge disappointment. It's a bummer. We've all worked up an idea of how Gordon could be a real help to the O...I guess not. But, maybe it'll be after the bye week or something, though that'll probably be too late.

Simply Red 10-26-2021 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15916055)
I just cut him from my fantasy team.

200 yards and 3 TDs incoming.

HELL YEAH SWEETIE!!!

JG4200yds3tds!!

Dunerdr 10-26-2021 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15916062)

According to the presser Andy thinks we were just a few fingertips away, so that was t garbage time.

Kman34 11-15-2021 06:49 AM

Patrick threw for 406 yards and not one target to this guy.. Why is he here now??

Dunerdr 11-15-2021 06:55 AM

He celebrated in the end zone. We needed one of those guys.

Bwana 11-15-2021 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15956552)

That he did. ROFL

RocKhawks 11-15-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 15956552)

But we have DRob for that!

Dunerdr 11-15-2021 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RocKhawks (Post 15956566)
But we have DRob for that!

Not big enough/ end thread

Gary Cooper 11-15-2021 09:00 AM

Even Marcus Kemp had a catch yesterday. Poor Gordon.

ToxSocks 11-15-2021 01:18 PM

Chiefs coach Andy Reid has told Josh Gordon "to be patient because it's going to happen."

Obviously, Reid's words leave some room for interpretation but the coach also said it's only a matter of time before Josh Gordon is a productive part of the Chiefs' offense. It's clear that Reid intends for Gordon to become more involved at some point. When or how that happens remains to be seen. Gordon has four targets and one catch in his time with Kansas City. He can be left on waiver wires for now but his usage is worth monitoring going forward.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/footba...74/josh-gordon

staylor26 11-15-2021 01:23 PM

It’s totally understandable why a guy that hasn’t played football in a while while trying to learn a new complicated offense has taken some time.

I fully expect his role to grow.

Wilson8 11-15-2021 01:29 PM

Josh Gordon - 33 snaps last night (46%) https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021...n-josh-gordon/

Side note - Nick Bolton - 19 defensive snaps (35%)

ThaVirus 11-15-2021 01:32 PM

We've got basically two more months of regular season games on the schedule. Plenty of time for Gordon to work himself in.

Simply Red 11-15-2021 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 15957203)
Josh Gordon - 33 snaps last night (46%) https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021...n-josh-gordon/

I have him down for 5 rec for 500 yards receiving vs Dallas later on in the week!

Hammock Parties 11-15-2021 01:33 PM

The Nick Bolton snap count doesn't mean anything. Chiefs were in the dime package most of the night.

Simply Red 11-15-2021 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15957215)
The Nick Bolton snap count doesn't mean anything. Chiefs were in the dime package most of the night.

HELL YEAH SWEETIE!

Molitoth 11-15-2021 02:02 PM

I wonder if Gordon is dropping passes in practice.

If I recall correctly....
his stats are:

1 catch 11 yards (on a WTF ball that may not even been intended for him).

2 drops.

1 whiff in the end zone that then doinks off someone else for an INT.

MGRS13 11-15-2021 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15957215)

It means that Spags still does not recognize that gay would be 100% better in that role. Also no one could ever convince me that watts couldn’t out play Sorensen.

DJ's left nut 11-15-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15957188)
It’s totally understandable why a guy that hasn’t played football in a while while trying to learn a new complicated offense has taken some time.

I fully expect his role to grow.

He's looking just a little bit better every week.

Don't get me wrong, the process has taken a hell of a lot longer than I figured given that his skill-set is one that I would've expected to age pretty well (good frame, good body control, willing to play physical).

But I do think I see growth, slow as it may be. I think there's still a chance he contributes.

But really, I think Pringle's the guy that's going to have to stand up the most here. And when given a chance, he almost always has. I think that's the guy we need to be a true X with Gordon evolving into a pretty good possession receiver.

IA_Chiefs_fan 11-15-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15957560)
He's looking just a little bit better every week.

Don't get me wrong, the process has taken a hell of a lot longer than I figured given that his skill-set is one that I would've expected to age pretty well (good frame, good body control, willing to play physical).

But I do think I see growth, slow as it may be. I think there's still a chance he contributes.

But really, I think Pringle's the guy that's going to have to stand up the most here. And when given a chance, he almost always has. I think that's the guy we need to be a true X with Gordon evolving into a pretty good possession receiver.

What growth are you seeing?

Hammock Parties 11-15-2021 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 15957217)
HELL YEAH SWEETIE!

https://i.gifer.com/86Xk.gif

stevieray 11-15-2021 06:36 PM

I think he ends up having an impact in the latter part of the season.

Easy 6 11-15-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilson8 (Post 15957203)

They're starting to throw him out there, 15 just needs to give him a chance now... don't force it but also kinda hurry up, Patrick

pugsnotdrugs19 11-15-2021 07:08 PM

No targets last night, and to be fair Hill/Kelce/Darrel were getting almost everything

Andy is gonna have to dial him up specifically if he’s going to make multiple catches

Braincase 11-15-2021 07:38 PM

Yeah, I'm a nutjob, but I thought about it.
What if we're sandbagging?
What if we have Gordon, we know we can use him, but it's a matter of time/place?
There's NO TAPE on the guy. We can do whatever we feel like...
I know, but it's a thought.

DJ's left nut 11-15-2021 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 15957570)
What growth are you seeing?

Again - not a ton. It’s been slow going. But it’s there.

He’s looking a little bit quicker and his routes a little bit better (and more complicated). He’s looking more active and engaged with things like blocking.

He’s almost looking like a 2nd day draft pick in that you’re seeing extremely small growth in the margins that you hope allows him to eventually break out a bit. Ideally it would be by the playoffs but for many rookies you end up just having to wait until the following year.

He looks like a rookie 3rd/4th round pick from a run-first program far as his growth curve goes. It’s slow and frustrating but it’s there if you squint.

IA_Chiefs_fan 11-15-2021 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15957829)
Again - not a ton. It’s been slow going. But it’s there.

He’s looking a little bit quicker and his routes a little bit better (and more complicated). He’s looking more active and engaged with things like blocking.

He’s almost looking like a 2nd day draft pick in that you’re seeing extremely small growth in the margins that you hope allows him to eventually break out a bit. Ideally it would be by the playoffs but for many rookies you end up just having to wait until the following year.

He looks like a rookie 3rd/4th round pick from a run-first program far as his growth curve goes. It’s slow and frustrating but it’s there if you squint.

Cool, thanks for sharing.

Delano 11-15-2021 09:02 PM

https://twitter.com/dwainmcfarland/s...35774184914944

If you are wondering why Josh Gordon hasn't been a thing yet for the Chiefs. Open rate versus single-man coverage: 14.3% (very bad)

TribalElder 11-15-2021 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 15957821)
What if we have Gordon, we know we can use him, but it's a matter of time/place?

This has been my theory as well

Titty Meat 11-15-2021 09:07 PM

Look at his numbers from 2017 on they are pretty much the same as Robinson's think you all are looking for 2013 Gordon. That's done

chiefzilla1501 11-15-2021 09:15 PM

Trying to keep my hopes up.

Knowing Reid it's possible he's just getting him used to routes. Knowing mahomes it's possible he needs to build chemistry for the scramble drill.

For now, it's good to see he's been a great teammate. I still feel like he could and should play Pringles role, but do it better.

mlyonsd 11-15-2021 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 15957821)

The issue I have with this is the wear and tear on Kelce and Reek. We lose one of them and we're in a world of hurt.

chiefforlife 11-15-2021 09:27 PM

I think they are hiding him for the Cowboys game.

I predict 3 for 63 and a TD!

Phoneix 11-15-2021 10:35 PM

I'm not sure.... https://im4.ezgif.com/tmp/ezgif-4-60cc042217ae.gif

Gordon is on the bottom and runs a 10 yard out pattern. He is technically open. If Mahomes leads him towards the sideline the defender has no chance. Instead he dumps to Kelce for a short gain.

I have seen this a few times where Gordon is open or can be passed open. But he either isn't the first option or Mahomes just doesn't have the trust with him yet. Yesterday was the second game in a row with 30+ snaps. He is clearly taking snaps from Robinson.

carcosa 11-15-2021 10:39 PM

WE'RE SAVING HIM FOR THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

KCUnited 11-21-2021 06:33 PM

We can all finally agree that this guy sucks right now, right?

Kman34 11-21-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15969390)

Used up... done..

Cornstock 11-21-2021 06:42 PM

Coming out of the bye will be the last chance. Either they install something for him then or what we've seen is all we will see.

Bl00dyBizkitz 11-21-2021 06:43 PM

I think the rapport just isn't there and Mahomes overlooks him. Oh well.

Deberg_1990 11-21-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 15969473)
I think the rapport just isn't there and Mahomes overlooks him. Oh well.

Hes soooooo close to breaking out. /Andy

Peter Gibbons 11-21-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 15958039)
I think they are hiding him for the Cowboys game.

I predict 3 for 63 and a TD!

At this point, he hides so well that he will be teaching the Big Foot merit badge to Boy Scouts.

rabblerouser 11-21-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15958127)
WE'RE SAVING HIM FOR THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!

Just like LeSean and Le'Veon!?

Easy 6 11-21-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Most likely, but I'd actually keep plugging away here and there to see if something finally clicks down the home stretch

rabblerouser 11-21-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

He's toast. His big attribute was supposed to be "big body, natural receiver" but he appears to have hands of stone.

TinyEvel 11-21-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 15969483)
Just like LeSean and Le'Veon!?

Jeremy Maclin

KCUnited 11-21-2021 06:56 PM

The targets he gets he drops, so lack of rapport is on him.

Pringle on the other hand seems to be ejecting his hayseed micro peen and helicoptering it around to the best of his ability when given the opportunity.

Molitoth 11-21-2021 07:00 PM

I think Gordon is 3/6 now.

3 dropped passes.

BWillie 11-21-2021 07:04 PM

Im ready to move on from him. I hate to say it but hes probably a odd soul who needs substances to amp him up or relax his nerves.

threebag 11-21-2021 07:41 PM

When he lines up, he’s twice the size of the defender. It’s hard to imagine why he wouldn’t be a target.

notorious 11-21-2021 07:42 PM

Andy rehabs guys.

I don’t think it’s always for football production.

JakeF 11-21-2021 07:48 PM

I'm not sure why he's still on the team. He looks terrible.

theoldcoach 11-21-2021 08:35 PM

He looks so slow.

chiefforlife 11-21-2021 08:41 PM

I would love to see the all22 film. I rarely see him out there, is he slow? Is he open? Do we know?

They must see something in him?

Rain Man 11-21-2021 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 15970091)
I would love to see the all22 film. I rarely see him out there, is he slow? Is he open? Do we know?

They must see something in him?

Maybe they're saving him for the playoffs.

I also think that Andy likes having a veteran insurance policy. I don't think it's a coincidence that we've brought in Lesean McCoy, Le'Veon Bell, and now LeJosh Gordon to sit on the bench.