ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Las Vegas Raiders? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=297918)

DaneMcCloud 10-14-2016 04:08 PM

I think that this is a great move for the NFL but I'm not so sure it's a great move for the Raiders team.

Chargers and Rams games are at least 40% in favor of the opponent. I've actually been to Chargers games when there were more Chiefs fans than Chargers fans. The same thing happens when the Raiders visit San Diego. It's at least 50/50, if not more, slanted in favor of the Raiders.

I can easily see that trend extend to Las Vegas and hell, it might even be worse.

I'm not sure how that helps the team on the field.

NWTF 10-14-2016 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12483264)
I think that this is a great move for the NFL but I'm not so sure it's a great move for the Raiders team.

Chargers and Rams games are at least 40% in favor of the opponent. I've actually been to Chargers games when there were more Chiefs fans than Chargers fans. The same thing happens when the Raiders visit San Diego. It's at least 50/50, if not more, slanted in favor of the Raiders.

I can easily see that trend extend to Las Vegas and hell, it might even be worse.

It wont help, but it probably wont be detrimental to them. If they end up sucking on the field then that issue will be in the forefront, but as far as selling tickets goes Vegas should fair better than Oakland if the team is sh1t. There are a handful of teams in the NFL that have a national fan base. The Raiders are one of them. Put it this way if the Raiders are winning they are a natural bandwagon magnet like the Cowboys, Steelers, Packers.

They already have a fan base there. When I lived in Nevada the Raiders were probably the most followed team followed by the 49ers, Broncos and of course the Cowboys.

Scorp 10-14-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12483264)

Nobody gives a flying **** what you think McDouche!

DaneMcCloud 10-14-2016 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 12483345)
They already have a fan base there. When I lived in Nevada the Raiders were probably the most followed team followed by the 49ers, Broncos and of course the Cowboys.

The issue isn't so much with the "fan base" as much as it is with the ticket scalpers.

I don't know what it's like where you live but it's a full on business here. I'm sure the PSL's will be outrageously priced, leaving the brokers to buy up a huge portion of the seats and sell them at exorbitant prices.

People looking to take a vacation won't care about the prices but the locals will.

notorious 10-14-2016 05:28 PM

Great. Now when I am rolling craps I will be surrounded by villainous scum.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-14-2016 05:33 PM

This seems like a good opportunity for Raider fans to finally have a good reason to leave the shit hole that IS Oakland.

They should be thrilled.

Thrilled I say!

ChiefsCountry 01-11-2017 12:24 PM

Cowboys and Patriots like the idea. Means it will probably be happening.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-las-vegas/

Bowser 01-11-2017 12:26 PM

Need more Vegas trips and less London trips. /NFL owners

ptlyon 01-11-2017 12:29 PM

SO happy to get their consent

DaneMcCloud 01-11-2017 12:46 PM

Las Vegas doesn't help the owners when renegotiating their next TV deal in 2020, as Oakland is the 6th largest media market and Vegas is the 40th.

TV money rules all, so it may not be shocking to see this voted down.

Prison Bitch 01-11-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12675352)
Need more Vegas trips and less London trips. /NFL owners

That basically ends this thread

Prison Bitch 01-11-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12675394)
Las Vegas doesn't help the owners when renegotiating their next TV deal in 2020, as Oakland is the 6th largest media market and Vegas is the 40th.

TV money rules all, so it may not be shocking to see this voted down.

Don't peddle that nonsense, Oakland isn't the 6th largest market. It's part of the Bay which is already covered by the 49ers. If Oakland leaves it won't mean the #6 market is empty, GMAFB

Hoover 01-11-2017 01:05 PM

Every owner likes this idea because it will make more money for the league.

Plus you end up changing the ownership of the team a bit.

Rooster 01-11-2017 01:29 PM

I hope they stay in Oakland. They belong in Oakland IMO.

RobBlake 01-11-2017 01:40 PM

I just dont like a professional team in the betting mecca of the world.