ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338098)

Giant Octopodes 05-11-2021 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15669626)
Would also help if that 'shitty' officiating didn't coincidently seem to benefit certain players and organizations over and over again.

Yeah that's so weird how it's so consistent, right? That professional refs with direct guidance from the NFL on what to call and what not to call would consistently call fewer penalties on certain players and organizations, when the fans think they should call more?

It's almost like those players or organizations are demonstrably better at both following the guidance issued by the NFL, and also pointing out the violations of their opponents. Like, there are those who specifically study that guidance and take actions in order to ensure they get the outcome they want with the refs. I know, it's an insane conspiracy theory, but doesn't it seem that way sometimes?

BTW who would have guessed that the thread re: Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would devolve into folks talking about Tom Brady and claiming the NFL is rigged because they don't always get the outcome they want? It's so... surprising :rolleyes:

-King- 05-11-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15669395)
For starters, I’m not saying it happens consistently. I think it seems to happen most when TV contracts are up for renewal.

But I don’t think they were too concerned about everyone tuning out because the Chiefs were down a few scores. Every NFL fan knows that Mahomes digs out of holes like that every other game. Hell, there were probably more people who tuned in when they found out KC was in danger of losing than those who tuned out.

You mean like like how tv ratings were up for renewal this year?

And no, people stopped tuning in after a while. It was not a good superbowl viewership wise at all

-King- 05-11-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15669399)
For whatever reasons (probably many), Brady gets the calls. At an insanely disproportionate and suspicious level. Can we at least admit this?

I’d think they’d have favored the State Farm Bowl too, but its hard to go wrong with the “GOAT vs future GOAT” storyline. It’s becoming a pretty good rivalry. They might want to milk as much as possible out of it til Brady hangs it up.

And I’m not saying they were planning ahead, but imagine the ratings for a grudge match next season.

If they cared about a grudge match, they would have rigged it for the chiefs to win. It's not much of a grudge match when Brady is up 2-0 vs Mahomes in the playoffs.

-King- 05-11-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes (Post 15669746)
Yeah that's so weird how it's so consistent, right? That professional refs with direct guidance from the NFL on what to call and what not to call would consistently call fewer penalties on certain players and organizations, when the fans think they should call more?

It's almost like those players or organizations are demonstrably better at both following the guidance issued by the NFL, and also pointing out the violations of their opponents. Like, there are those who specifically study that guidance and take actions in order to ensure they get the outcome they want with the refs. I know, it's an insane conspiracy theory, but doesn't it seem that way sometimes?

BTW who would have guessed that the thread re: Aaron Rodgers and the Packers would devolve into folks talking about Tom Brady and claiming the NFL is rigged because they don't always get the outcome they want? It's so... surprising :rolleyes:

Lol this thing tends to happen in threads where blackop tries to discuss football seriously. It's just too hard to ignore the irony.

ThaVirus 05-11-2021 03:23 PM

Every fan whines about officiating. We literally all think the refs are against our team.

One-sided officiating in the Super Bowl definitely took some wind out of our sails, but the truth is, we just sucked that day. Our offensive line, literally every one of those pukes, should have been embarrassed by that perfomrance. The amount of free rushers coming at Mahomes on every play was ****ing disgusting. When Pat actually had time and made a great throw, our dipshit receivers dropped it. On the other side, we let a team of geriatric has-been run us up the field consistently. If they didn't take the foot off the gas, they could have dropped 50 on our defense that night.

Same shit with the Bills game. The officiating in that one was definitely in our favor, but at the same time, the Bills just didn't have the juice. They hardly touched Mahomes all night and on the other side of the ball, our guys were getting after Allen.

You just aren't going to win a lot of playoff football games with that kind of disparity on both sides of the ball.

ThaVirus 05-11-2021 03:28 PM

Speaking of, I love Chris Jones. He's a ton of fun and I'll be forever grateful for the work he put in Super Bowl 54, but that ****er has played in 10 career postseason games and currently has 0 sacks. In 6 of those games, we had a double digit lead at some point.

We need better from the CEO of Sack Nation.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-11-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes (Post 15669746)

Stop using the word 'rigged,' you deflect and minimize what is actually being discussed here. That's what guys like you keep doing. It's a cheap word and not what most of us are implying. I've seen it in hundreds of games that have nothing to do with the Chiefs so getting the results I want has no influence on my opinion here.

Even if what you're saying is true, you don't think every damn organization in the league isn't sending film to the league office week after week trying to get them to call things in their favor? So why does the league pick and choose who they want to listen to in this regard?

What you're suggesting actually does nothing but lend credence to the theory many of us are throwing out; the league decides based on *whatever they see fit* what to call and when to call it, and on whom.

It's actually not that radical of an idea when you stop throwing out buzzwords like 'rigged' and 'conspiracy.' It's so painstakingly obvious when it starts occurring within a game that I honestly can't believe people are still so defensive about it.

Giant Octopodes 05-11-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15669820)
Stop using the word 'rigged,' you deflect and minimize what is actually being discussed here. That's what guys like you keep doing. It's a cheap word and not what most of us are implying. I've seen it in hundreds of games that have nothing to do with the Chiefs so getting the results I want has no influence on my opinion here.

Even if what you're saying is true, you don't think every damn organization in the league isn't sending film to the league office week after week trying to get them to call things in their favor? So why does the league pick and choose who they want to listen to in this regard?

What you're suggesting actually does nothing but lend credence to the theory many of us are throwing out; the league decides based on *whatever they see fit* what to call and when to call it, and on whom.

It's actually not that radical of an idea when you stop throwing out buzzwords like 'rigged' and 'conspiracy.' It's so painstakingly obvious when it starts occurring within a game that I honestly can't believe people are still so defensive about it.

Of course every organization in the league is sending film to the league office week after week trying to get them to call things in their favor. Every organization in the league is also spending thousands of man hours on the draft. Yet the Raiders are still gonna Raiders. Just because all teams do something, doesn't mean all teams do that thing equally well.

And of course the league decides based on whatever they see fit what to call, and when to call it. I remember a clip of Edelman arguing with a ref where he was warned his contact with a DB was drawing close to the line, he argued about how they had been specifically told that using a chopping motion to break the DB's contact is permissible, the ref pointed out he hadn't been called, and was just letting him know.

Now, can we debate all year long about whether teams with strong influence in the competitive committee have undue influence on shaping the rules (either as written or as adjudicated) towards ways which benefit their teams? Or whether all players are equally well warned about when they draw close to the line? Or whether all refs are following guidance in the same way, or even consistently across a game? Sure, and I think most would agree bad officiating occurs and imbalances in both decision making and enforcement occur, though folks might argue over to what extent those imbalances exist or the extent of their impact.

The line which is specifically being argued in this thread, is that the NFL specifically steers the outcome of individual games by telling the refs to call the game in an unfair way. And it doesn't matter whether you call it 'rigged' or whatever else. And that is total and complete BS. The courts have even ruled, multiple times, that the NFL has an obligation to its spectators to have rules which apply to both teams, and a legitimate football game. They've just also ruled that folks cheat, and folks make mistakes, but as long as the NFL has a process to deal with those things and follows its own guidelines they're fine.

Anyway, call it what you want, but let's not pretend everyone here is arguing simply that the NFL cherry picks what key things they are focusing on over a season (with regular comm to the teams and refs regarding it) as well as during individual games (with also comm sent out to both teams and the refs), which affects the outcome of games. That's not at all what they're arguing, they're specifically arguing the outcomes are steered for supposed financial gain and to build desired narratives.

mkp785 05-11-2021 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15669809)
Speaking of, I love Chris Jones. He's a ton of fun and I'll be forever grateful for the work he put in Super Bowl 54, but that ****er has played in 10 career postseason games and currently has 0 sacks. In 6 of those games, we had a double digit lead at some point.

We need better from the CEO of Sack Nation.

Don't be sleeping on Kaindoh now. He's just as talented as Chase Young (right below him in their HS rankings that year). He just went to a flaming poop stick of a university and got NO teaching or structure. Give him a yr or 2.

Coochie liquor 05-11-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giant Octopodes (Post 15669841)
Of course every organization in the league is sending film to the league office week after week trying to get them to call things in their favor. Every organization in the league is also spending thousands of man hours on the draft. Yet the Raiders are still gonna Raiders. Just because all teams do something, doesn't mean all teams do that thing equally well.

And of course the league decides based on whatever they see fit what to call, and when to call it. I remember a clip of Edelman arguing with a ref where he was warned his contact with a DB was drawing close to the line, he argued about how they had been specifically told that using a chopping motion to break the DB's contact is permissible, the ref pointed out he hadn't been called, and was just letting him know.

Now, can we debate all year long about whether teams with strong influence in the competitive committee have undue influence on shaping the rules (either as written or as adjudicated) towards ways which benefit their teams? Or whether all players are equally well warned about when they draw close to the line? Or whether all refs are following guidance in the same way, or even consistently across a game? Sure, and I think most would agree bad officiating occurs and imbalances in both decision making and enforcement occur, though folks might argue over to what extent those imbalances exist or the extent of their impact.

The line which is specifically being argued in this thread, is that the NFL specifically steers the outcome of individual games by telling the refs to call the game in an unfair way. And it doesn't matter whether you call it 'rigged' or whatever else. And that is total and complete BS. The courts have even ruled, multiple times, that the NFL has an obligation to its spectators to have rules which apply to both teams, and a legitimate football game. They've just also ruled that folks cheat, and folks make mistakes, but as long as the NFL has a process to deal with those things and follows its own guidelines they're fine.

Anyway, call it what you want, but let's not pretend everyone here is arguing simply that the NFL cherry picks what key things they are focusing on over a season (with regular comm to the teams and refs regarding it) as well as during individual games (with also comm sent out to both teams and the refs), which affects the outcome of games. That's not at all what they're arguing, they're specifically arguing the outcomes are steered for supposed financial gain and to build desired narratives.

NFL record 39 DPI is what it took to get Brady to 11 wins. Thirty ****ing nine. That’s more than any of Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, or almost any other qb in the league had in the last 3 years COMBINED! Fraudulent 2020 record. Can’t wait to see how they bail that non GOAT out this upcoming season. Thirty ****ing nine, and many at the right time to ensure those Bucs drives were kept alive. It’s embarrassing that a supposed GOAT had to have that much help to get to 11 wins. Excited to see how many years the Pats have a lull before they make the playoffs again. Been half a decade and counting for Dungver.

RaidersOftheCellar 05-11-2021 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15669772)
If they cared about a grudge match, they would have rigged it for the chiefs to win. It's not much of a grudge match when Brady is up 2-0 vs Mahomes in the playoffs.

So a rematch wouldn’t be heavily anticipated because Brady’s won two playoff games vs Mahomes?

Okay.

Mile High Mania 05-11-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15670072)
NFL record 39 DPI is what it took to get Brady to 11 wins. Thirty ****ing nine. That’s more than any of Mahomes, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, or almost any other qb in the league had in the last 3 years COMBINED! Fraudulent 2020 record. Can’t wait to see how they bail that non GOAT out this upcoming season. Thirty ****ing nine, and many at the right time to ensure those Bucs drives were kept alive. It’s embarrassing that a supposed GOAT had to have that much help to get to 11 wins. Excited to see how many years the Pats have a lull before they make the playoffs again. Been half a decade and counting for Dungver.

I would be curious to see how those teams that accounted for the 39 against Tampa fared on average with DPI's received in their other games.

Mile High Mania 05-11-2021 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15669772)

You know, Jake Plummer gave Tom Brady his first playoff loss.

-King- 05-11-2021 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15670080)
So a rematch wouldn’t be heavily anticipated because Brady’s won two playoff games vs Mahomes?

Okay.

I never said it wouldn't be anticipated. But it does mean less when no matter what happens, Brady will still be up on Mahomes in head to head. If they were going to rig it, they would have had the chiefs win LV so that the next superbowl would be the bumper match. Having Brady already up 2-0 kinda nullifies some of the intrigue dontcha think?

-King- 05-11-2021 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15670085)
You know, Jake Plummer gave Tom Brady his first playoff loss.

Is that before people thought Plummer was the next GOAT QB? Or after.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-11-2021 08:30 PM

So many ignorant takes willing to defend a league that obviously doesn't give a shit about the fans

TribalElder 05-12-2021 03:47 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Veteran QB Blake Bortles is in Green Bay to sign with the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Packers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Packers</a>, per source.</p>&mdash; Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1392593562546499594?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

is his job in Jeopardy

PAChiefsGuy 05-12-2021 03:49 PM

Man **** Rodgers... The guy is a well known choke artist. Bring him to Denver. Doesn't matter. Chiefs own AFC West and will continue to own the AFC West until Mahomes retires. Period.

BlackOp 05-12-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15670082)
I would be curious to see how those teams that accounted for the 39 against Tampa fared on average with DPI's received in their other games.

It was actually 27..but had like 8+ additional that were declined.

The majority came in like 6 game stretch...games that the Bucs were comfortably in front...the DPI calls, shockingly, didn't happen.

It wasnt really surprising that this trend carried over to the Super Bowl...it was shocking that they called a record amount of penalties in the first half. I've never seen anything like that in a SB.

The previous record for DPI calls in a season was 20...Raiders 12-4 miracle season a few years ago...Brady destroyed that record by almost 30%. That would like a RB not only breaking the 2000 yard barrier..but ending with 3000 yards..

I just used that comparison to show out of whack it was...

BlackOp 05-12-2021 04:05 PM

Any team in the NFL can win 10-11 games with 29 DPI calls at the right moments...The Raiders had their only winning season in like 15 years with only 20.

Coochie liquor 05-12-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15670082)

Sorry MHM, I was wrong in my number as BlackOp pointed out. They had 27 that they accepted. Here’s the breakdown.

4 NO wk1 19 season

2 Car wk2 7 season

1 Den wk3 5 season

3 Chi wk5 13 season

1 GB wk6 7 season

2 LV wk 7 13 season

2 NYG wk8 5 season

1 NO wk9 18 season

3 LAR wk11 10 season

2 MN wk14 6 season

2 Atl wk 15 13 season

1 Det wk 16 11 season

3 ATL wk 17 13 season

Next closest to TB was Miami and Pitt with 19 each

BlackOp 05-12-2021 07:35 PM

The funny part was NE only had 2 DPI all season...Brady's new team had 25 more.

TribalElder 05-12-2021 08:13 PM

I hope he sits out all year

and greenbay stinks it up something huge all over primetime

it would be hilarious

Halfcan 05-12-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15671291)
Man **** Rodgers... The guy is a well known choke artist. Bring him to Denver. Doesn't matter. Chiefs own AFC West and will continue to own the AFC West until Mahomes retires. Period.

Yep, the Rodgers drama has already jumped the shark.

TribalElder 05-12-2021 09:08 PM

ROFL
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Playoff wins since 2017 <br>Blake Bortles: 2 <br>Aaron Rodgers: 2 <a href="https://t.co/DZIplS5D7O">pic.twitter.com/DZIplS5D7O</a></p>&mdash; NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1392595771569094656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buehler445 05-12-2021 09:49 PM

How the hell did this thread turn into the rigged thread?

Clyde Frog 05-12-2021 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 15671758)
How the hell did this thread turn into the rigged thread?

Any time Donks are mentioned or brought up; rigged and cheating are automatically inferred.

BlackOp 05-13-2021 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 15671728)
ROFL
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Playoff wins since 2017 <br>Blake Bortles: 2 <br>Aaron Rodgers: 2 <a href="https://t.co/DZIplS5D7O">pic.twitter.com/DZIplS5D7O</a></p>&mdash; NFLonCBS (@NFLonCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/1392595771569094656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 12, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Should have been 3 and a SB appearance....Jags got screwed HARD.

Guess who's bogus PI call cost them the game..right before half?

comochiefsfan 05-13-2021 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15671827)
Should have been 3 and a SB appearance....Jags got screwed HARD.

Guess who's bogus PI call cost them the game..right before half?

I'm gonna guess it's the same guy who led the "All Star" officiating crew for the Rams MNF game.

BlackOp 05-13-2021 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 15671828)
I'm gonna guess it's the same guy who led the "All Star" officiating crew for the Rams MNF game.

It was the same official...but also the same QB that just had 27 DPIs last year.

See a pattern?

Interesting that in both games...Brady had a controversial PI call in the final 2 minutes before half.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2021 05:42 AM

Jags got ****ed harder than any team I have seen in a long time. The league made sure they didn't make that Superbowl.

ThaVirus 05-13-2021 07:12 AM

Myles Jack wasn't down

Skyy God 05-13-2021 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15671846)
It was the same official...but also the same QB that just had 27 DPIs last year.

See a pattern?

Interesting that in both games...Brady had a controversial PI call in the final 2 minutes before half.

I’m going to punch a baby if we make the SB and he’s officiating.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-13-2021 08:43 AM

I'd say the fact that the NFL didn't put the KC/GB game in a prime time slot is very telling.

Rodgers vs Mahomes should have been a lock for SNF.

jettio 05-13-2021 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15671860)
Jags got ****ed harder than any team I have seen in a long time. The league made sure they didn't make that Superbowl.

My take from that game was that in the 4th quarter AJ Bouye went from 2 straight years of All-Pro level CB to 1 quarter of the softest sorriest CB play ever in a playoff game.

Maybe there were one or two questionable calls, but the Jaguars defense and especially AJ Bouye acted like they were afraid of being champions.

JakeF 05-13-2021 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15672012)
I'd say the fact that the NFL didn't put the KC/GB game in a prime time slot is very telling.

They will change the schedules if Rodgers moves to the AFC West.

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

:banghead:

staylor26 05-13-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 15672022)

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

Yea, neither of those things are happening...

jjchieffan 05-13-2021 09:07 AM

Quote:

I at least expected the game to be late enough in the season to be flexed. That way, they could hedge their bets and move it to primetime if Rodgers plays.

CasselGotPeedOn 05-13-2021 09:11 AM

Quote:

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

JakeF to Lobotomy Island.

Rainbarrel 05-13-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:

Rodgers to Denver
Watson to Vegas

Cap'n Clutch will be their crutch!

TEX 05-13-2021 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15672029)
Yea, neither of those things are happening...

Exactly. IMO, Watson is going to Philly next year and Rodgers is staying in GB.

RunKC 05-13-2021 09:32 AM

The schedule makers were very good about playing this both ways. Packers get a lot of exposure on primetime.

Chiefs both times, Chargers and Bengals all after the week 11 flex schedule in case Rodgers does go to Denver

TEX 05-13-2021 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15672017)
My take from that game was that in the 4th quarter AJ Bouye went from 2 straight years of All-Pro level CB to 1 quarter of the softest sorriest CB play ever in a playoff game.

Maybe there were one or two questionable calls, but the Jaguars defense and especially AJ Bouye acted like they were afraid of being champions.

There were 3 terrible calls and WAS ONE HUGE....Instead of a game-sealing touchdown after a forced fumble, Myles Jack is called down by contact. Replays showed that NOBODY made contact with Myles. In fact, there was nothing but field in front of him, but instead of 27-10 it’s just Jaguars ball near midfield...

Oh, and NE was only called for ONE penalty the whole game. That hadn't happened in a Playoff game since 2011, when (you guessed it) NE was only called for ONE penalty against the Ravens. This is according to NFL Research.

The Jags absolutely got jobbed in the 2017 AFC Championship Game. There's a reason they couldn't put the Patriots away.

PAChiefsGuy 05-13-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15672122)
There were 3 terrible calls and WAS ONE HUGE....Instead of a game-sealing touchdown after a forced fumble, Myles Jack is called down by contact. Replays showed that NOBODY made contact with Myles. In fact, there was nothing but field in front of him, but instead of 27-10 it’s just Jaguars ball near midfield...

Oh, and NE was only called for ONE penalty the whole game. That hadn't happened in a Playoff game since 2011, when (you guessed it) NE was only called for ONE penalty against the Ravens. This is according to NFL Research.

The Jags absolutely got jobbed in the 2017 AFC Championship Game. There's a reason they couldn't put the Patriots away.

Jags lost, Pats won, end of story. You can say there are questionable calls in every single game if you want to. Jags had plenty of opportunities to win that game and they blew it.

TEX 05-13-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 15671916)
Myles Jack wasn't down

Nope. Not even close to being "down by contact" - And he would have scored. Would have been 27-10 Jags at the time. IMO, that would have sealed it. Just like the Dee Ford Off Sides play would have done it for us the following year, BUT the difference is that Dee Ford WAS really offsides.

TEX 05-13-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15672127)
Jags lost, Pats won, end of story. You can say there are questionable calls in every single game if you want to. Jags had plenty of opportunities to win that game and they blew it.

That's the "official" story. But when you say that the Jags had plenty of opportunities, they really didn't. Once the opportunity passes to put your opponent way, momentum shifts and it's very hard to get it back. But, let's talk about your "plenty of opportunities" take...I can easily name 3 plays that were great opportunities that were taken away form them. And yes, you can say there are bad calls in every single game, but the ones the Jags suffered through in that particular game were extraordinarily bad.

ChiefsCountry 05-13-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

3pm game on FOX is bigger than prime time games.

tredadda 05-13-2021 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15672127)

Always seems to be the story when Brady plays and always seems to "surprisingly" go his way.

Mecca 05-13-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15671860)

It's stunning the NFL didn't want one of it's smallest markets helmed by Blake Bortles..that doesn't draw well and is Les by defense in the SB.

That's literally everything they don't want on the biggest stage.

Dunerdr 05-13-2021 10:28 AM

I hope this asshole stays now so i can get tickets for the GB game. I'd like to see two all time talents battle it out.

jettio 05-13-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15672122)

So I looked up the play on viewed it on You Tube and I can't believe that you think NFL officials would not blow a whistle on a tackle like that. Miles himself got up celebrating first and not immediately trying to advance the ball. And when the whistle blew Jack was more concerned about getting credit for the fumble.

It was an absolute miracle that the initial call by the crew was correct regarding the fumble.

This link to the play on youtube does not even have Romo or Nantz bring up your complaint about Jack being deprived of the chance to advance the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgpUkBtzqVc

It seems like you have never watched NFL football if you are nursing that play as some kind of historical blown call.

Considering that each official on the field has a whistle, it would have been the most stupendous miracle of all time for a crazy trick play like that to have a ball carrier stripped of the ball on the tackle and for a whistle to not have been blown. I bet at least two officials blew a whistle thinking the play was over.

Even with today's guidance to officials to try to not blow whistle on a fumble play, it would be an all time miracle for a whistle not to be blown on a play like that.

I bet 95% of Jags season ticket holders would have to look up this play to figure out what you are talking about.

PAChiefsGuy 05-13-2021 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 15672196)
Always seems to be the story when Brady plays and always seems to "surprisingly" go his way.

Mahomes doesn't get calls other QBs don't?

That's just how professional sports is. Superstars get the calls. End of day blaming refs for losses is what crybabies and excuse makers do. If you don't have a superstar QB (and even sometimes when you do) you have to be able to overcome bad calls to win games sometimes.

It's just how it is.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2021 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15672252)
So I looked up the play on viewed it on You Tube and I can't believe that you think NFL officials would not blow a whistle on a tackle like that. Miles himself got up celebrating first and not immediately trying to advance the ball. And when the whistle blew Jack was more concerned about getting credit for the fumble.

It was an absolute miracle that the initial call by the crew was correct regarding the fumble.

This link to the play on youtube does not even have Romo or Nantz bring up your complaint about Jack being deprived of the chance to advance the ball.

It seems like you have never watched NFL football if you are nursing that play as some kind of historical blown call.

Considering that each official on the field has a whistle, it would have been the most stupendous miracle of all time for a crazy trick play like that to have a ball carrier stripped of the ball on the tackle and for a whistle to not have been blown. I bet at least two officials blew a whistle thinking the play was over.

Even with today's guidance to officials to try to not blow whistle on a fumble play, it would be an all time miracle for a whistle not to be blown on a play like that.

I bet 95% of Jags season ticket holders would have to look up this play to figure out what you are talking about.

Patriot ballwashing bullshit

jettio 05-13-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15672286)
Patriot ballwashing bullshit

No, its a Chiefs fan's take as a neutral in a game between the Jaguars and the Patriots.

I watched that game rooting for the Jaguars and when the game was over, I was disappointed in the Jaguars losing the game and for AJ Bouye playing the worst quarter of football I had ever seen him play.

Bouye was a stud for the Texans in 2016 and had several offers in free agency after that season. After the 2017 season he was ranked #35 on the NFL top 100.

Bouye played like a scrub in the 4th quarter of the AFC Championship game.

Anybody that knows football would watch that you tube link of that play and figure that anyone citing that play as some kind of historical injustice just has no idea about officiating an NFL football game.

Crying about that play seems like a cause taking up by a few internet weirdos that have no idea about NFL football and NFL officiating.

TEX 05-13-2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15672252)

ROFL Does the word "Sheep" mean anything to you? I trust MY eyes. Jack only stopped running because the ref blew the whistle. The only reason you "can't" see it is because you don't want to.
95% of Jags Season Ticket Holders you say??? - guess again.
I'd bet that 99% would agree with me after trusting their own eyes and reading and seeing this ...https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/1...guars-the-game

Only clueless sheep don't get it, or those who don't want to. Which are you? :shrug:

Mile High Mania 05-13-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15672329)
ROFL Does the word "Sheep" mean anything to you? I trust MY eyes. Jack only stopped running because the ref blew the whistle. The only reason you "can't" see it is because you don't want to.
I'd bet that 99% would agree with me after trusting their own eyes and reading and seeing this ...https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/1...guars-the-game

Only clueless sheep don't get it, or those who don't want to. Which are you? :shrug:

Yeah, I don't think Jack was touched...

alpha_omega 05-13-2021 11:35 AM

Almost 1100 posts on this jerk.

jettio 05-13-2021 11:45 AM

Quote:

Whatever, I watched the game and was disappointed in the Jaguars for playing terrible in the 4th quarter.

It was an unusual play and no surprise at all that whistles were blown when they were.

The only way anyone could say that Jack was not down by contact, would be people that have the benefit of looking at the replay.

Blowing the whistle when they did is completely understandable to anyone that knows anything at all about NFL football.

It was a miracle that the crew got the fumble call right without the benefit of replay.

The Jaguars shit their pants and lost a game that they could have won with some decent play in the 4th quarter.

You should be a Jaguars fan and not a Chiefs fan because Chiefs have winners now, and your mentality does not fit in.

jettio 05-13-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15672353)
Yeah, I don't think Jack was touched...

And you expect NFL officials to not blow a whistle during the play because of something that you figured out only after looking at the replay.

You guys should get a room and in between sessions of lovemaking you can complain about how NFL officials are blessed with omniscience and are not actual human beings.

That they know everything when it happens and make bad calls out of meanness.

Coochie liquor 05-13-2021 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 15672261)
Mahomes doesn't get calls other QBs don't?

That's just how professional sports is. Superstars get the calls. End of day blaming refs for losses is what crybabies and excuse makers do. If you don't have a superstar QB (and even sometimes when you do) you have to be able to overcome bad calls to win games sometimes.

It's just how it is.

Was Mahomes getting the calls in the SB? Suh ****ing punched him in the head, and that wasn’t the only hit that didn’t get called on him.

Mecca 05-13-2021 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15672669)
Was Mahomes getting the calls in the SB? Suh ****ing punched him in the head, and that wasn’t the only hit that didn’t get called on him.

Brady really seems like the NFL decided to push his legacy further than where it already was. Like they wanted to create their Babe Ruth.

Mile High Mania 05-13-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15672392)
And you expect NFL officials to not blow a whistle during the play because of something that you figured out only after looking at the replay.

You guys should get a room and in between sessions of lovemaking you can complain about how NFL officials are blessed with omniscience and are not actual human beings.

Cute.

Coochie liquor 05-13-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15672673)
Brady really seems like the NFL decided to push his legacy further than where it already was. Like they wanted to create their Babe Ruth.

Yeah, it’s sickening. I’m not saying it’s rigged all the way, but the team looked flat from the beginning. Patrick was obviously very hurt, Britt situation probably had everyone’s head not quite in the game. Andy made some absolutely horrid decisions, with no adjustments. Was a really strange game honestly. But killing our mojo with nonstop penalties at the beginning was more than our team could overcome.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15672392)

You realize if Mania, Tex, and I all agree. ...that we are right. You do realize that right? We rarely see eye to eye with Mania. That's a TD without the bullshit whistle.

Rainbarrel 05-13-2021 02:28 PM

He dropped you when your pubes showed up. Let it go.

-King- 05-13-2021 03:41 PM

Quote:

So the refs way of rigging this game was calling a fumble down by contact but still awarding the ball to Jacksonville? LMAO.

TEX 05-13-2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 15672386)
Whatever, I watched the game and was disappointed in the Jaguars for playing terrible in the 4th quarter.

It was an unusual play and no surprise at all that whistles were blown when they were.

The only way anyone could say that Jack was not down by contact, would be people that have the benefit of looking at the replay.

Blowing the whistle when they did is completely understandable to anyone that knows anything at all about NFL football.

It was a miracle that the crew got the fumble call right without the benefit of replay.

The Jaguars shit their pants and lost a game that they could have won with some decent play in the 4th quarter.

You should be a Jaguars fan and not a Chiefs fan because Chiefs have winners now, and your mentality does not fit in.

Ok - Mr. Professional NFL Football Watcher Guy - IF that's the case - How about you LET THE PLAY CONTINUE, then use replay to confirm or deny the results? Instead, the ref blew a quick whistle to END it. It was the wrong thing to do, especially in that magnitude of a game and especially at that moment in the game. You may watch a lot of football, but next time try pulling your head out of your ass when you do - you might see and understand more. Just a suggestion.

TEX 05-13-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15672936)
So the refs way of rigging this game was calling a fumble down by contact but still awarding the ball to Jacksonville? LMAO.

Dude, does stupid just spew from your mouth all the time? If you can't follow along, I can't help you. Clue - look at what happened AFTER the recovery... Seriously, what's it like to be so short-sighted on just about every issue, that you keep missing the simplest of things? Not just with me, with just about everyone on a daily basis for YEARS! :loser:

-King- 05-13-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15672950)
:loser: Dude, does stupid just spew from your mouth all the time? If you can't follow along, I can't help you. Seriously, what is it like to be so short-sighted on just about every issue, that you keep missing the simplest of things?

That's what you said is it not?

Btw, I love how you assume it would have been a touchdown LMAO

Mile High Mania 05-13-2021 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 15672693)
You realize if Mania, Tex, and I all agree. ...that we are right. You do realize that right? We rarely see eye to eye with Mania. That's a TD without the bullshit whistle.

I was gonna say something similar... but, it made me feel dirty to think it.

Mile High Mania 05-13-2021 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15672956)
That's what you said is it not?

Btw, I love how you assume it would have been a touchdown LMAO

Might not have been, but it could have been 20-30+ yards further down the field.

-King- 05-13-2021 03:52 PM

Imagine the refs conspiring ways for NE to come back and one of the ways was a bad storage of play on a bang bang play that still resulted in Jacksonville having possession of the ball.

TEX 05-13-2021 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15672961)
Might not have been, but it could have been 20-30+ yards further down the field.

LMAO That's because you only thought about saying it, you should have actually said it and it would have cleansed your soul!

-King- 05-13-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15672961)

I agree that out would have been 20-30 yards further but saying that bad call is the refs jobbing the Jags is pretty funny. It was a split second call that still resulted in Jacksonville having possession. That makes no sense if the refs were trying to rig the game for the Pats.

Wisconsin_Chief 05-13-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15672669)

This was the part that actually upset me more than Brady getting the ridiculous phantom calls. The refs sat there and watched Mahomes get physically assaulted and did absolutely nothing. It's like they were saying 'This is still Tom's league buddy, and you aren't in his universe.' Imagine if Brady took one single hit like the ones Pat took in that game. There would have been flags coming in all the way from the god damn league office in New York.

Makes me freaking sick. Honestly, this league doesn't deserve a phenom like Patrick.

TEX 05-13-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 15672963)
Imagine the refs conspiring ways for NE to come back and one of the ways was a bad storage of play on a bang bang play that still resulted in Jacksonville having possession of the ball.

Again, you missed it...We don't have to imagine that, because that's what happened.... Now, imagine had the refs let the play continue, instead of blowing a quick whistle, then used replay to sort it all out afterwards. WOW! What a concept! Guess what happens then?
Its GAME OVER for the right reasons!

Mile High Mania 05-13-2021 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief (Post 15672975)
This was the part that actually upset me more than Brady getting the ridiculous phantom calls. The refs sat there and watched Mahomes get physically assaulted and did absolutely nothing. It's like they were saying 'This is still Tom's league buddy, and you aren't in his universe.' Imagine if Brady took one single hit like the ones Pat took in that game. There would have been flags coming in all the way from the god damn league office in New York.

Makes me freaking sick. Honestly, this league doesn't deserve a phenom like Patrick.

Big hit for sure... assaulted though? I'll admit that I figured a flag would follow...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B0mXh_Q0q9E" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now, this one.. yeah and it was penalized.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CNwn_WC0m8Q" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

-King- 05-13-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15672980)
Again, you missed it...We don't have to imagine that, because that's what happened.... Now, imagine had the refs let the play continue, instead of blowing a quick whistle, then used replay to sort it all out afterwards. WOW! What a concept! Guess what happens then?
Its GAME OVER for the right reasons!

I agree that on replay it was a bad stoppage. But a bad stoppage on a bang bang play is hardly "jobbing" a team especially when the Jags still had possession of the ball and the lead.

-King- 05-13-2021 04:09 PM

If anyone thinks letting Mahomes get "assaulted" is anywhere near the leagues short or long term goals, they're crazy.

There's a reason 31 other fanbases think Mahomes get coddled.

displacedinMN 05-14-2021 05:31 PM

This ****wad is going to end up in Denver. Isn't he?