ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322080)

Al Bundy 05-05-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 14253127)
I haven’t really thought about it, but is there a chance Gordon gets traded if the production stays hot?

Possibly, but he would have to sign off on any move.

Al Bundy 05-05-2019 07:21 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Also this kid in MLB the Show, who was apparently abandoned by his family in Kansas City. <a href="https://t.co/6UA2zPjxG8">pic.twitter.com/6UA2zPjxG8</a></p>&mdash; Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) <a href="https://twitter.com/DSzymborski/status/1124731847466979329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 4, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

nychief 05-05-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 14253127)
I haven’t really thought about it, but is there a chance Gordon gets traded if the production stays hot?

I just don't see the return being worth it. Although, the contract year bounce might make Alex want another contract.... which i would not be in favor of, unless it were a team friendly one year deal or something.

duncan_idaho 05-05-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14253066)
Pen sucked last year too and the year before and didn't make the playoffs in 2016 because of the shitty pen.

They didn’t make the playoffs in 16 because of several factors. The pen wasn’t a huge one, and was secondary to:

1) injuries to Cain, Moustakas, and Gordon
2) the horrendous production from the #5 spot in the rotation. KC was something like 10-12 games under .500 on days that spot started

The pen was actually dynamic in August before fading in Sept.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14253064)
That's scary. Dude got lucky a few times and is going to absolutely get raped in multiple trades.

You’re basing this on?

Moore’s track record in trades is pretty strong. Wade Davis for Jorge Soler being his only real bad move of a valuable asset.

RaidersOftheCellar 05-05-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14253157)
I hope so. Whit becomes the new left fielder. Starling in center. Lee in right. Dozier / Gutierrez at 3rd. Mondesi at SS, Lopez at 2nd. O'Hearn / Dozier at 1st. Everyone rotates at DH. Soler, Hamilton, Gore, and Owings are gone by the trade dead line.

Why get rid of Soler?

Seems like he’d make a nice power-hitting DH.

Prison Bitch 05-05-2019 09:55 AM

1. Homer Bailey is our only deadline trade asset. And he’s a good one

2. DM doesn’t know “how to build a bullpen” any better than other GMs unless I see proof.

3. His PadrAIDS trade for Cahill et al was brutal but then, Strahm isn’t that big a sacrifice.

4. Justin Smoak’s 1st RBI in 2010 debut scored Vlad Guerrero. Yesterday Vlad Guerrero Jr 1st RBI scores.....guess who?

dlphg9 05-05-2019 11:15 AM

God damn give Mondesi a contract before he gets too expensive

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-05-2019 11:16 AM

Mondesi is literally a MVP candidate

dlphg9 05-05-2019 11:48 AM

Good lord Gordon already has 8 HBPs. That puts him on pace for about 38 or 39 which would be the 2nd most in a single season. He needs to pick up his pace a bit if he wants 1st place. Ron Hunt had 50 in 1971 and here's an article to show you how absolutely insane that is https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...by-50-pitches/.

ChiTown 05-05-2019 01:29 PM

Great clutch dinger by Doze. 2-2 game

BWillie 05-05-2019 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14253454)
Mondesi is literally a MVP candidate

Pump the breaks. Hes been the 4th best best offensive player on the Royals so far. As long as Trout and Betts are in the AL hes not winning an MVP.

Coach 05-05-2019 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14253676)
Pump the breaks. Hes been the 4th best best offensive player on the Royals so far. As long as Trout and Betts are in the AL hes not winning an MVP.

Dozier might have an argument though.

KCUnited 05-05-2019 02:28 PM

Kennedy gives up the walk off.

PHOG 05-05-2019 02:28 PM

Way to go Kennedy. :shake:

Al Bundy 05-05-2019 02:40 PM

What a limpdick "effort" from the offense. Monty and Joel are blaming Gutierrez for Kennedy giving up a 3 run jack.

dlphg9 05-05-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Al Bundy (Post 14253753)
What a limpdick "effort" from the offense. Monty and Joel are blaming Gutierrez for Kennedy giving up a 3 run jack.

I hate when people bring up effort, as if theyre not trying.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2019 03:55 PM

Ian Kennedy is who we thought he was.

Prison Bitch 05-05-2019 05:28 PM

I’ve never hated a royal like this POS $15m reliever

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-05-2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14253974)
I’ve never hated a royal like this POS $15m reliever

Alcides Escobar says Hi.

Chris Getz is heartbroken.

And Jeremy Guthrie just threw an 83 mph fastball at his son in anger.

Deberg_1990 05-05-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 14254022)
Alcides Escobar says Hi.

Jose Guillen says hello!

RaidersOftheCellar 05-05-2019 06:23 PM

Quote:

Alcides Escobar says Hi.

How do Escobar and Guthrie even sniff a “most hated Royals” list?

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-05-2019 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 14254036)
How do Escobar and Guthrie even sniff a “most hated Royals” list?

You weren't here for PB's lovefest of them, then.

FringeNC 05-05-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Alcides Escobar says Hi.

No hate for Neifi Perez?

Great Expectations 05-05-2019 06:55 PM

Bleached out blond dude playing first base says hello.

BWillie 05-05-2019 09:45 PM

Kennedy has been very good. He should be our closer moving forward. He is very difficult to face if you havent seen him yet

dlphg9 05-05-2019 11:29 PM

Zimmer has had 3 straight scoreless and hitless outings, but he's also allowed a walk in every single one of his appearances. Things are definitely looking up for him and hopefully soon he will be up to replace Fat Wily or Boxberger. Ned Yost said that Zimmer has to earn his spot on the big league roster, but apparently that doesn't apply to Peralta or Boxberger. They both have ERAs above 6.5 and WHIPS 1.650 and higher. Then you have this Kalish guy who's never gotten a shot, but has always had decent numbers and really good numbers this year between AA and AAA he has 20 innings, 1.35 ERA, 3 Walks, 26 Strikeouts, and a .850 WHIP. What's the point in keeping him in AAA? Is it because he's not on the 40 man? Who ****ing cares? Cut Wily Peralta and Brad Boxbergers worthless ****ing asses. Kalish is 27 years old for ****s sake, so it's not about service time. It's time to give the guy a chance, but Dayton is a ****ing reerun and will keep Peralta and Boxberger to try to raise their trade value. I can't stand that ****ing idiot. Bring up Kalish and Zimmer and get rid of those 2 losers. Also get Nicky Lopez and Bubba Starling here too.

P.S. our pitching staff is a joke. Yeah everyone knows the bullpen is bad, but God damn our starters are trash too.

Keller - 4.07 ERA
Lopez - 5.09 ERA
Junis - 5.12 ERA
Bailey - 5.25 ERA

Duffy has looked pretty good in the time he's been back, but Jesus Christ outside of Keller and Duffy that shit is pathetic. Hopefully the pitchers we drafted last year can amount to something, but I won't get my hopes up. This organization has a knack for ruining high upside arms.

GloryDayz 05-06-2019 06:03 AM

This is not the year to be overly invested in either the Royals or SKC, they're re-somethining...

Just let them play their games and hope for a better year next year...

duncan_idaho 05-06-2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14254503)
This is not the year to be overly invested in either the Royals or SKC, they're re-somethining...

There are no years to be overly invested in SportingKC, so that’s easy.

ChiTown 05-06-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14254503)

As it relates to the Royals, because who really GAF about soccer......

I like checking in on the games. Not really emotionally invested, but it's been fun to watch the lineup improve. Our pitching is a nightmare. We really need some of our Pitchers in the minors to be ready to step up next season

suzzer99 05-06-2019 09:18 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Like the good old days. <a href="https://t.co/gavLWZC4Iu">pic.twitter.com/gavLWZC4Iu</a></p>&mdash; Matt Savino (@_MattSavino) <a href="https://twitter.com/_MattSavino/status/1125418949171015680?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

AndChiefs 05-06-2019 10:50 AM

Heading to the game tonight. Hopefully it’s a good one.

duncan_idaho 05-06-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14254689)
As it relates to the Royals, because who really GAF about soccer......

I like checking in on the games. Not really emotionally invested, but it's been fun to watch the lineup improve. Our pitching is a nightmare. We really need some of our Pitchers in the minors to be ready to step up next season

I like checking in, too. There are a lot of fun guys to watch here (Mondesi, Merrifield, Dozier, Gordon’s resurgence, Soler). Junis, Keller, and Duffy starts are good to catch and I like Lopez, too.

Lopez and Starling (if he continues to hit) are going to be there eventually, too. Starling was out for a bit with a minor injury. I still think it makes sense to give him a few more months at Omaha to show sustained success. No need to rush him now.

ChiTown 05-06-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14254906)
I like checking in, too. There are a lot of fun guys to watch here (Mondesi, Merrifield, Dozier, Gordon’s resurgence, Soler). Junis, Keller, and Duffy starts are good to catch and I like Lopez, too.

Lopez and Starling (if he continues to hit) are going to be there eventually, too. Starling was out for a bit with a minor injury. I still think it makes sense to give him a few more months at Omaha to show sustained success. No need to rush him now.

What's the story with Kelvin Gutierriez? Is he legit, or is this just a flash in the pan? If he's legit, I love the thought of him at 3B, Mondi at SS, Lopez at 2B and Doze at 1B. Whit takes a perm-spot in LF after Gordon is traded this Summer. Thoughts?

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14254948)
What's the story with Kelvin Gutierriez? Is he legit, or is this just a flash in the pan? If he's legit, I love the thought of him at 3B, Mondi at SS, Lopez at 2B and Doze at 1B. Whit takes a perm-spot in LF after Gordon is traded this Summer. Thoughts?

I still like Ohearn at 1st and Dozier in RF with Soler at DH.

duncan_idaho 05-06-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14254948)

Gutierrez is a good glove, contact guy who had questions about translating his raw power.

He wasn’t an elite prospect but he looks like at least a solid bat.

I think he could be a UTIL-type Guy. I know he can play some 2B and might be able to stretch it at SS, too.

I’m confident O’Hearn’s bat comes around again due to the peripheral stats. Need that LH power in the lineup, too. Especially if Gordon leaves after this year.

dlphg9 05-06-2019 02:44 PM

Serious what's up with Jake Kalish? Through all levels he has a 3.08 ERA, 1.161 WHIP, 8.5 SO9, 1.8 BB9 and this year hes played even better and has bumped his SO9 to 11.7. So why isn't he in the majors?

ChiefsCountry 05-06-2019 07:14 PM

Dozier is still hot. Another home run tonight.

ChiefsCountry 05-06-2019 07:36 PM

And Mondi as well.

Dartgod 05-06-2019 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14255721)
And Mondi as well.

That was a bomb! Curious what the exit velocity was on that one. 115-ish?

ChiTown 05-06-2019 08:01 PM

****ing Junis. Jesus Christ....

nychief 05-06-2019 08:09 PM

This isn’t a ballpark... it’s a Barbie dream house. It’s 200 ft to left.

SAUTO 05-06-2019 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14255724)
That was a bomb! Curious what the exit velocity was on that one. 115-ish?

It went 443 FWIW

dlphg9 05-06-2019 09:10 PM

Lol Wily Peralta really proving he belongs. Im glad this organization holds players accountable.

Prison Bitch 05-06-2019 09:59 PM

Did the losers lose again?

KCCHIEFS27 05-06-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14255937)
Did the losers lose again?

Barely!

DeepSouth 05-07-2019 06:17 AM

If Soler can stay healthy until the trade deadline, I'd take whatever the Royals could get for him. He's been unable to play a complete season in the Majors due to injuries and his ineptitude in the outfield is scary. After trading him, my new DH would be Alex Gordon. Moving Alex to DH, allows the Royals to move Whit to LF. Which opens up a spot for Lopez at 2nd. And, if the the Royals / Gordon can come to a team friendly, short term contract extension with the understanding that he is primarily their DH, I'm good with that.

TEX 05-07-2019 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 14255772)
This isn’t a ballpark... it’s a Barbie dream house. It’s 200 ft to left.

315 ft to center & 362 ft to left center. ;)

tyreekthefreak 05-07-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14256115)
If Soler can stay healthy until the trade deadline, I'd take whatever the Royals could get for him. He's been unable to play a complete season in the Majors due to injuries and his ineptitude in the outfield is scary. After trading him, my new DH would be Alex Gordon. Moving Alex to DH, allows the Royals to move Whit to LF. Which opens up a spot for Lopez at 2nd. And, if the the Royals / Gordon can come to a team friendly, short term contract extension with the understanding that he is primarily their DH, I'm good with that.

Just keep Soler at DH cause like you said he sucks in the field. Lopez at 2nd, Gordon in left, Whit in right. Hamilton's range in center has not impressed me at all......bat is not good enough either....

ChiefsCountry 05-07-2019 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14256115)

This is a horrible take.

DeepSouth 05-07-2019 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 14256120)
Just keep Soler at DH cause like you said he sucks in the field. Lopez at 2nd, Gordon in left, Whit in right. Hamilton's range in center has not impressed me at all......bat is not good enough either....

If Soler could stay healthy, I'd agree. After the trade deadline, I expect Hamilton to be gone and Starling playing CF. Khalil Lee (AA) or Elier Hernandez(AAA) can play RF. Gordon isn't getting any younger. DH would preserve his old body.

nychief 05-07-2019 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14256138)
If Soler could stay healthy, I'd agree. After the trade deadline, I expect Hamilton to be gone and Starling playing CF. Khalil Lee (AA) or Elier Hernandez(AAA) can play RF. Gordon isn't getting any younger. DH would preserve his old body.

Hamilton isn’t cheap by royals’ standards....unless we can trade him...which I doubt... do you think we drop him? It was a stupid signing from the jump.

duncan_idaho 05-07-2019 07:14 AM

Move Gordon to DH?

Considering he’s remained an above-average LF who adds value with his glove, it would whack about half of his value to the team.

If you’re moving Soler to a full-time DH slot and promoting Lopez, Merrifield can just go to RF (and you can still kind of rotate guys through DH for a 1/2 day break, using Merrifield to spell them in the field).

Lopez is going to be one of those guys the prospect lists just missed, I think. He’s not flashy or toolsy, but the skills are just so good.

DeepSouth 05-07-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14256173)
Move Gordon to DH?

Considering he’s remained an above-average LF who adds value with his glove, it would whack about half of his value to the team.

If you’re moving Soler to a full-time DH slot and promoting Lopez, Merrifield can just go to RF (and you can still kind of rotate guys through DH for a 1/2 day break, using Merrifield to spell them in the field).

Lopez is going to be one of those guys the prospect lists just missed, I think. He’s not flashy or toolsy, but the skills are just so good.

Do you expect Soler to stay healthy? I'm hoping he stays healthy until the trade deadline so he can be traded. The Royals are going to have a new LF next year. And, since winning this year is not the priority, go ahead and make the move.

TomBarndtsTwin 05-07-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 14256147)
Hamilton isn’t cheap by royals’ standards....unless we can trade him...which I doubt... do you think we drop him? It was a stupid signing from the jump.

He’s making $5 mil. this year, which is cheap by MLB standards, with a mutual option for next year. If they can trade him for something at the deadline, they probably will. If not, they’ll probably just decline his option after the season. Especially considering we may see Bubba later this year in the OF, Whit may be in RF much more regularly once Lopez comes up and Lee could arrive sometime next year. That doesn’t really leave any room for Hamilton next year.

DeepSouth 05-07-2019 08:14 AM

https://www.royalsreview.com/2019/5/...-zimmer-opener

Are they prepping Zimmer to be a starter? He started Sundays game and pitched two scoreless innings.

Our replacement for Owings could be in Omaha, Erick Mejia. Seems to be able to play anywhere and is currently batting .309/.414/.415

RaidersOftheCellar 05-07-2019 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14254436)
Zimmer has had 3 straight scoreless and hitless outings, but he's also allowed a walk in every single one of his appearances. Things are definitely looking up for him and hopefully soon he will be up to replace Fat Wily or Boxberger. Ned Yost said that Zimmer has to earn his spot on the big league roster, but apparently that doesn't apply to Peralta or Boxberger. They both have ERAs above 6.5 and WHIPS 1.650 and higher. Then you have this Kalish guy who's never gotten a shot, but has always had decent numbers and really good numbers this year between AA and AAA he has 20 innings, 1.35 ERA, 3 Walks, 26 Strikeouts, and a .850 WHIP. What's the point in keeping him in AAA? Is it because he's not on the 40 man? Who ****ing cares? Cut Wily Peralta and Brad Boxbergers worthless ****ing asses. Kalish is 27 years old for ****s sake, so it's not about service time. It's time to give the guy a chance, but Dayton is a ****ing reerun and will keep Peralta and Boxberger to try to raise their trade value. I can't stand that ****ing idiot. Bring up Kalish and Zimmer and get rid of those 2 losers. Also get Nicky Lopez and Bubba Starling here too.

P.S. our pitching staff is a joke. Yeah everyone knows the bullpen is bad, but God damn our starters are trash too.

Keller - 4.07 ERA
Lopez - 5.09 ERA
Junis - 5.12 ERA
Bailey - 5.25 ERA

Duffy has looked pretty good in the time he's been back, but Jesus Christ outside of Keller and Duffy that shit is pathetic. Hopefully the pitchers we drafted last year can amount to something, but I won't get my hopes up. This organization has a knack for ruining high upside arms.

If they made a big splash next year to sign a legit #1 or 2 starter, they'd have a solid enough rotation I think. Keller is better than his current ERA and Duffy appears to have his head screwed back on.

Prison Bitch 05-07-2019 08:26 AM

Baikey’s FIP is 3.78. He’s thrown great this year. Very similar to Ervin Santana in 2013. I love Bailey. Velo is 93.6 also.

Rest of the entire staff is pure garbage tho, outside Keller.

duncan_idaho 05-07-2019 11:48 AM

*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14256189)
Do you expect Soler to stay healthy? I'm hoping he stays healthy until the trade deadline so he can be traded. The Royals are going to have a new LF next year. And, since winning this year is not the priority, go ahead and make the move.

What do you think you’re getting back in this scenario?

Soler has 3 years of team control left after this year if I’m looking at his service time right. That’s a lot of control at pretty cheap prices. If you get an offer that makes sense, sure, move him. But it also isn’t like he’s killing it right now and has sky-high value.

I DO think the odds of him staying healthy are better if he’s DHing 4-5 teams a week. They could still get a Nelson Cruz-lite performance out of him.

ChiefsCountry 05-07-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 14256147)

Hamilton was cheap, doesn't block any prospect, and has speed to cover center field in Kauffman Stadium. How is that a stupid signing?

DJ's left nut 05-07-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14256173)
Move Gordon to DH?

Kinda looks like a guy that could have a nice, long, Placido Polanco sort of career.

That may be shooting a little higher (Polanco was a criminally underrated ballplayer) but it may not be far off either. He probably won't reach those high-end versions of Polanco that we saw in Detroit (that I still think may have been a little 'aided') but Polanco was a damn good player; steady as the sunrise and helped teams in a lot of different ways.

ChiefsCountry 05-07-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14256669)
Kinda looks like a guy that could have a nice, long, Placido Polanco sort of career.

That may be shooting a little higher (Polanco was a criminally underrated ballplayer) but it may not be far off either. He probably won't reach those high-end versions of Polanco that we saw in Detroit (that I still think may have been a little 'aided') but Polanco was a damn good player; steady as the sunrise and helped teams in a lot of different ways.

Polanco was what we were hoping Christian Colon was going to be.

Prison Bitch 05-07-2019 12:15 PM

We got our Polanco when we signed NoMar OutFante.

Too bad he’d turned into Chris Owings by then.

DeepSouth 05-07-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14256646)
What do you think you’re getting back in this scenario?

Soler has 3 years of team control left after this year if I’m looking at his service time right. That’s a lot of control at pretty cheap prices. If you get an offer that makes sense, sure, move him. But it also isn’t like he’s killing it right now and has sky-high value.

I DO think the odds of him staying healthy are better if he’s DHing 4-5 teams a week. They could still get a Nelson Cruz-lite performance out of him.

I see what you're saying. Probably get very little for Soler. Wouldn't be getting all of Gordon's value if he's moved to DH because of defensive value.

Look at this roster;
Gordon LF
Starling CF
Whit RF
Dozier 3rd
Mondesi SS
Lopez 2nd
O'Hearn 1st
Maldonado C

That leaves DH. Who would you rather have? Soler or Gutierrez ? I'd rather have Gutierrez.

DJ's left nut 05-07-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 14256692)
Polanco was what we were hoping Christian Colon was going to be.

Yikes.

I sure hope that's not what the Royals were hoping for when they took him instead of the guy they were rumored to be after - Chris Sale.

Don't get me wrong, Plapo was a nice player and literally any team in baseball would've been made better by adding him due to his versatility and polished approach. But man, if you're sitting that high in the draft and targeting a 'Placido Polanco sort', that's.....unfortunate.

Dunit35 05-07-2019 01:30 PM

Should I wait to pick up some tickets for the July 13th game be Detroit? Are tickets going to get any lower between now and then? Prices don’t seem to have changed from early last month.

Prison Bitch 05-07-2019 01:37 PM

Gallagher has 4 singles in 32 AB. Last year his hard hit % was 434/480 players with 50+ balls in play. I guess what I’m saying is: he’s the biggest pussy I’ve ever seen in a Royals uniform.

DeepSouth 05-07-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14256897)
Gallagher has 4 singles in 32 AB. Last year his hard hit % was 434/480 players with 50+ balls in play. I guess what I’m saying is: he’s the biggest pussy I’ve ever seen in a Royals uniform.

Dude, in your last few posts you've indicated you hate;

Ian Kennedy
Omar Infante
Chris Owings
and now
Cam Gallagher

That's a lot of hate. Have you considered "Anger Management"?

TambaBerry 05-07-2019 01:49 PM

so stat nerds how well is Dozier playing?

TomBarndtsTwin 05-07-2019 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14256921)

Ian Kennedy
Omar Infante
Chris Owings
and now
Cam Gallagher

Don’t forget about PB’s personal fave . . . . “Alshittys Escobar”.

Prison Bitch 05-07-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14256921)

Ian Kennedy
Omar Infante
Chris Owings
and now
Cam Gallagher

That’s a fair criticism. Maybe I’m being too harsh on the talents and abilities of our 12-24 squad?

duncan_idaho 05-07-2019 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSouth (Post 14256819)
I see what you're saying. Probably get very little for Soler. Wouldn't be getting all of Gordon's value if he's moved to DH because of defensive value.

Look at this roster;

Gordon LF

Starling CF

Whit RF

Dozier 3rd

Mondesi SS

Lopez 2nd

O'Hearn 1st

Maldonado C

That leaves DH. Who would you rather have? Soler or Gutierrez ? I'd rather have Gutierrez.

I’d rather have Soler playing basically every day and Gutierrez serving a UTIL-style role. He has some alarming peripherals (K rate, BABIP) that suggest this isn’t real.

Titty Meat 05-07-2019 03:42 PM

There's talk the o's might not draft Rutschman. It's too bad we couldnt sell high with Salvy had to keep him around so all 10k fans would come out and support the team!

duncan_idaho 05-07-2019 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14256669)

In offensive slash profile, yes. Lopez offers more defensive and baserunning value. He should be a 15-20 SB guy at the MLB level, easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14257167)
There's talk the o's might not draft Rutschman. It's too bad we couldnt sell high with Salvy had to keep him around so all 10k fans would come out and support the team!

Salvador Perez has two years left on his contract.

Rutschman won’t be done playing college baseball until end of June (in all likelihood) and won’t make it past high A this year. He’ll almost certainly start next year at High A. His arrival time would be mid season 2021 at the earliest.

Your complaint is invalid.

BWillie 05-07-2019 04:01 PM

Im quite certain PB IS Kevin Kietzman.

DJ's left nut 05-07-2019 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14257201)
In offensive slash profile, yes. Lopez offers more defensive and baserunning value. He should be a 15-20 SB guy at the MLB level, easy.

Slow down now.

Placido Polanco was an elite defensive 2b for large swaths of his career. And while you have little reason to recall this, when Tatis got dealt and Mac's leg didn't work and all kinds of weird stuff happened in the OF in 2001, the Cards put Polanco at 3b where he was GG caliber (I think he was a finalist). He also played credible SS at least in his younger days.

Polanco was a hell of a defensive player at multiple positions on the IF. Unless Lopez ends up among the best defensive 2b (and at times 3b) in the AL, I'd be hard pressed to concede that he provides more defensive value.

Pablo 05-07-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 14257028)
That’s a fair criticism. Maybe I’m being too harsh on the talents and abilities of our 12-24 squad?

.333 is alright by me!!

duncan_idaho 05-07-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14257240)
Slow down now.

Placido Polanco was an elite defensive 2b for large swaths of his career. And while you have little reason to recall this, when Tatis got dealt and Mac's leg didn't work and all kinds of weird stuff happened in the OF in 2001, the Cards put Polanco at 3b where he was GG caliber (I think he was a finalist). He also played credible SS at least in his younger days.

Polanco was a hell of a defensive player at multiple positions on the IF. Unless Lopez ends up among the best defensive 2b (and at times 3b) in the AL, I'd be hard pressed to concede that he provides more defensive value.

The scouts I have on him mention above-average SS defense, with good hands, good range, and sufficient arm strengthC.

That profile should play pretty similarly to polanco at 2B.

I remember Placi being a really good 2B and solid 3B (arm was a little lacking). Don’t think he ever had the chops to stick at SS on an everyday basis, though.

KC is considering moving Mondesi to CF for Lopez, and that’s a guy profiling as an above-average SS with the tools to be more.

DJ's left nut 05-07-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14257256)
The scouts I have on him mention above-average SS defense, with good hands, good range, and sufficient arm strengthC.

That profile should play pretty similarly to polanco at 2B.

I remember Placi being a really good 2B and solid 3B (arm was a little lacking). Don’t think he ever had the chops to stick at SS on an everyday basis, though.

KC is considering moving Mondesi to CF for Lopez, and that’s a guy profiling as an above-average SS with the tools to be more.

Plapo couldn't stick at SS as he aged, no. But earlier in his career he was absolutely capable of playing it. Would he have been a guy I'd have said "yeah, that's a starting SS?" No - but I wouldn't have said that about DeJong either and that guy's proven to be a hell of a defender over there by simply being a very sound player.

I mean I guess there's a question here regarding how you view 2b when you get right down to it. I've played both sides of the bag and I will contend to my dying day that SS is an easier position. The technical skills required at 2b are far greater than SS and some people simply never get them ironed out. So while it may be that Lopez has a little more range (I think you're underestimating Polanco's arm - it was good; not elite, but good), what made Polanco so damn valuable at 2b was how slick he was over there.

Athleticism doesn't rule the day at 2b. So is a good SS inherently more valuable than an elite 2b? I'm not sure it is. And frankly, if the Royals are looking at moving Mondesi to CF to make room for him that's probably more of an indictment of their long-term CF options than anything (and frankly, shortsighted and kinda foolish, IMO).

It's possible I'm undervaluing Lopez on defense - do you believe it's likely that he's appreciably better defensively than what DeJong's been to this point? But I also think you're not giving due weight to just how good Polanco was at 2b and how well he played at 3b when he was asked to.

DeepSouth 05-07-2019 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14257256)

This would be big. I haven't heard this rumor for a while. But, your sources are usually right-on. So, Starling goes to LF or RF?

Discuss Thrower 05-07-2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14257265)
Plapo couldn't stick at SS as he aged, no. But earlier in his career he was absolutely capable of playing it. Would he have been a guy I'd have said "yeah, that's a starting SS?" No - but I wouldn't have said that about DeJong either and that guy's proven to be a hell of a defender over there by simply being a very sound player.

I mean I guess there's a question here regarding how you view 2b when you get right down to it. I've played both sides of the bag and I will contend to my dying day that SS is an easier position. The technical skills required at 2b are far greater than SS and some people simply never get them ironed out. So while it may be that Lopez has a little more range (I think you're underestimating Polanco's arm - it was good; not elite, but good), what made Polanco so damn valuable at 2b was how slick he was over there.

Athleticism doesn't rule the day at 2b. So is a good SS inherently more valuable than an elite 2b? I'm not sure it is. And frankly, if the Royals are looking at moving Mondesi to CF to make room for him that's probably more of an indictment of their long-term CF options than anything (and frankly, shortsighted and kinda foolish, IMO).

It's possible I'm undervaluing Lopez on defense - do you believe it's likely that he's appreciably better defensively than what DeJong's been to this point? But I also think you're not giving due weight to just how good Polanco was at 2b and how well he played at 3b when he was asked to.

Pablo Sandoval making a defensive play at 2B gives me fuzzy skepticism of baseball conventional wisdom.